Author Topic: Whats the haps?  (Read 3736019 times)

Agent D.

• Agent Bewear.
    • View Profile
Re: What's the haps?
« Reply #16860 on: May 30, 2016, 04:39:49 AM »
275 pound standing military press today. Quite proud of myself!

Tried 285...less proud of that.

TASTY!

Rook

• View Profile
« Reply #16861 on: May 31, 2016, 01:16:36 AM »

@I mean really that only means you can lift 2 of me in each arm, slacker@ (searches fruitlessly for sarcasm font)

17 hours holiday pay unlocked! off til saturday, tendonitis in foot healed can start running again. Nothing but training, anime and VGs for the rest of the week.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2016, 01:22:27 AM by Rook »

Agent D.

• Agent Bewear.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16862 on: May 31, 2016, 01:21:50 AM »

I can't find the designated sarcasm font to tell you what a slacker you are.

17 hours holiday pay unlocked! off til saturday, tendonitis in foot healed can start running again. Nothing but training, anime and VGs for the rest of the week.
Should just do what my gympals do.

"...that's it? Jeez, try real weight".

I usually proceed to get incredibly flustered and try somethimg stupid...which ends in a minor injury...such as the wrist strain I gave myself when I deadlifted 525 a couple weeks ago.

TASTY!

Rook

• View Profile
« Reply #16863 on: May 31, 2016, 01:23:53 AM »

I can't find the designated sarcasm font to tell you what a slacker you are.

Should just do what my gympals do.

"...that's it? Jeez, try real weight".

I usually proceed to get incredibly flustered and try somethimg stupid...which ends in a minor injury...such as the wrist strain I gave myself when I deadlifted 525 a couple weeks ago.

I found out when you get older and push yourself, things in your body break. Last year I literally broke my pelvis running and was sidelined for 6 months.

and 525 goddamn, I remember when I thought I was hot @#$% in highschool when I benched 150lb.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2016, 01:31:44 AM by Rook »

Tomara

• View Profile
« Reply #16864 on: May 31, 2016, 02:34:25 AM »
I used to impress people by holding a bow that was somewhat heavier than the average bow. In my defence, some grown men had trouble with it. So... yeah.

Anyway, can I ask you guys for some advice?

How do you ask a girl out?

There's someone I really like and I realised I've felt that way for close to two years now. I have a gut feeling that it's mutual, but we only see eachother at events, and attempting a relationship would be difficult, since we live far apart. Yet... I want to try, and that's saying a lot, because I kinda beleive I'm a worthless human being that doesn't deserve normal human relationships and all that. Now, asking itself wouldn't be too difficult, I'll just be my adorkable self. The main question is when I should ask. We're sharing a room (and... probably a bed, because my life is a shitty fanfiction) at the next event, courtesy of her sister. I think she's trying to play matchmaker, but maybe binge-playing Fire Emblem fried my brain (that sister happens to share her name with a certain avatar) and I'm reading into things too much. So, my option are before the event, first, second or third day, or after the event. I don't want to make things awkward...

Agent D.

• Agent Bewear.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16865 on: May 31, 2016, 07:17:32 AM »
I used to impress people by holding a bow that was somewhat heavier than the average bow. In my defence, some grown men had trouble with it. So... yeah.

There's someone I really like and I realised I've felt that way for close to two years now. I have a gut feeling that it's mutual, but we only see eachother at events, and attempting a relationship would be difficult, since we live far apart. Yet... I want to try, and that's saying a lot, because I kinda beleive I'm a worthless human being that doesn't deserve normal human relationships and all that. Now, asking itself wouldn't be too difficult, I'll just be my adorkable self. The main question is when I should ask. We're sharing a room (and... probably a bed, because my life is a shitty fanfiction) at the next event, courtesy of her sister. I think she's trying to play matchmaker, but maybe binge-playing Fire Emblem fried my brain (that sister happens to share her name with a certain avatar) and I'm reading into things too much. So, my option are before the event, first, second or third day, or after the event. I don't want to make things awkward...

See if you were asking a guy out, I'd tell you it's beyond ridiculously easy.because honestly...we're dumb and pretty much just relish the oppertunity to be desired. But if you're trying to ask a girl out, I can't help you much. Women are devious and underhanded and just really frightening in anything other than a very VERY basic friendship...to me anyway. However,you are very interesting, and I doubt this girl is completely disinterested in the things you like so you both have common ground to work on. I'd say tge best advice anyone can give you is just put your best foot forward and play to your strengths. Ask her questions and make her feel like the center of attention, girls love that...I think?

Also, if things don't work out as planned,you could always whip out and longbow and make threats.

TASTY!

Artimicia

• Banninated
    • View Profile
« Reply #16866 on: May 31, 2016, 07:21:33 AM »

Hm... well so this is just totally random person on the internet's non-expert opinion... but I don't think setting a decided moment beforehand is a good idea I think it would be best to just keep yourself fluid and maybe the natural right moment would come?

As to "how" well I got carried away since I wasn't sure your exact question, but I think in general starting with some kind of sexual compatibility sphere is better even though we're taught to think in terms of just general compatibility and then hopefully the sexual element is there. But doesn't have to be direct or anything you can just randomly bring up "Oh! I had a dream last I was making out with this girl gosh she was so cute!.." And then if she's like "Oh yeah? What did she look like?" And shows some curiosity you can sort of keep subtly dropping hints that the person is kind of like the one in front of you....

But! Yeah I'm not claiming to have it all together and know all the right answers, but I think you can use this kind of indirect kind of tease because sexuality is on like a lot of people's minds, make no mistake, so it's usually not hard to draw out a little bit, and if the initial things are good you keep going!
« Last Edit: May 31, 2016, 07:42:43 AM by Artimicia »
"I don't live by labels, I can be anything I want, I'd rather die a pauper than live on as someone else's fantasy!" - My best attempt at quoting the protagonist of Vandal Hearts 2.

Rucks

• RPGFan Survey Hero
  • Salvum est Vita!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16867 on: May 31, 2016, 07:53:27 AM »
ya'll are overthinking it.  "Hey do you want to go get some coffee/tea/a drink/(Dutch-item-I'm-culturally-unaware-of) after this?" will work (especially if the feeling is reciprocated).  Then take her somewhere quiet where the two of you can talk in peace and see what happens.  That's it.

I kinda beleive I'm a worthless human being that doesn't deserve normal human relationships

Oh Man. This. every day of my life.  It's toned down a little the older I get.  But yeah, this.

"This goes way beyond pumpkin spice" "Whale oil beef hooked"

Agent D.

• Agent Bewear.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16868 on: May 31, 2016, 12:57:20 PM »
ya'll are overthinking it.  "Hey do you want to go get some coffee/tea/a drink/(Dutch-item-I'm-culturally-unaware-of) after this?" will work (especially if the feeling is reciprocated).  Then take her somewhere quiet where the two of you can talk in peace and see what happens.  That's it.

I kinda beleive I'm a worthless human being that doesn't deserve normal human relationships

Oh Man. This. every day of my life.  It's toned down a little the older I get.  But yeah, this.

Yeah, that feeling is pretty heavy...definitely something I bet a few of us can relate to.

TASTY!

Tomara

• View Profile
« Reply #16869 on: May 31, 2016, 01:03:50 PM »
Hmm... grabbing a cup of tea is something we do anyway... I mean, it kind up snuck up on me, but we spend a lot of our free time together when we're at events. But I guess I could/should invite her to really get away from the event for a bit. Or, you know, when we're in our hotel room together (we're already planning on having tea there anyway).

This is scary...
« Last Edit: May 31, 2016, 01:49:22 PM by Tomara »

Arvis

• Prudish Gerontophobe
  • RPGFan Survey Hero
  • Computer Over. Virus = Very Yes.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16870 on: May 31, 2016, 01:28:38 PM »
There's really no way you can tell someone you're attracted to them and then platonically share a bed with them without it being weird.  That's really all I can contribute.
"You know, you're pretty cool too, Arvis.  You like good music, good games, and good tennis." - Divingfalcons

Tomara

• View Profile
« Reply #16871 on: May 31, 2016, 02:25:00 PM »
Yeah, I know... To be fair, it's not as if we haven't had any other changes to do something, but like I said, I don't want to make things awkward.

Dincrest

• RPGFan Editor
    • View Profile
    • RPGFan
« Reply #16872 on: May 31, 2016, 05:23:32 PM »
If it were me, I'd make the move on the last day of the event.  That way you can reminisce about all the cool stuff you did/saw and then pull your own spin on the "Hey, we should hang out more.  I could come visit you in your neck of the woods" or something.  The worst that can happen is the other person will say "no" and if you're sharing a room, you don't want to share a room for 2 nights with someone who "no'd" you the first night because that would be awkward. 

Regardless, best wishes in gettin' the girl, Tomara! 
You can brag about your 5000+ friends on social media all you want, but riddle me this: how many of them would help you move?

Klyde Chroma

• LVL. 99 - Midnight Crusader
    • View Profile
« Reply #16873 on: May 31, 2016, 07:30:16 PM »
It is my Birthday week! Why birthday week?? Because the older we get and the more responsibility one assumes, the more time needs for a proper birthday (the way I see it).

In truth I think all I'm gonna be giving myself this year is a clean slate with the games I haven't finished or have just started. My attention is too divided with what feels like 101 games I am in love with (even though its really only like 2-3, they are competing).

^^^ This is a gift because I typically suck at doing this.

« Last Edit: June 01, 2016, 01:07:12 AM by Klyde Chroma »
I am more a battlefield than a Ninja.

Andrew

• Editor Emeritus
    • View Profile
« Reply #16874 on: May 31, 2016, 07:47:31 PM »

First, I'll quote these two fine gentlemen:

ya'll are overthinking it.  "Hey do you want to go get some coffee/tea/a drink/(Dutch-item-I'm-culturally-unaware-of) after this?" will work (especially if the feeling is reciprocated).  Then take her somewhere quiet where the two of you can talk in peace and see what happens.  That's it.

If it were me, I'd make the move on the last day of the event.  That way you can reminisce about all the cool stuff you did/saw and then pull your own spin on the "Hey, we should hang out more.  I could come visit you in your neck of the woods" or something.  The worst that can happen is the other person will say "no" and if you're sharing a room, you don't want to share a room for 2 nights with someone who "no'd" you the first night because that would be awkward.  

Because I'd suggest a combination of them.

Asking her out, in terms of where to go/what to do, can be super simple as glassjawsh said - don't make it overly complicated. Try to avoid confusing the situation though. By that, I mean properly ask her out, because I suspect you won't want to end the time by wondering whether she thought you asked her out or asked her out. Let me detour to a personal story as an example...

When I first asked out my now-fiance we'd already been hanging out together for a couple of months and just doing random stuff as friends (but in a maybe-I-like-you-more-than-that sort of way). So when I wanted to ask her on a date, I decided it was best to make it clear that was my intention so we both knew what the score was and to avoid any confusion that might have occurred from her misreading my intentions. If I remember correctly, just as we were parting ways for the day, I said something like: "Hey, I was wondering, how would you feel if the next time we did something together we made it a date?" Fortunately for me, she responded very positively. :)

I'm also on-board with Neal's idea. If you ask her anytime before the last day, things will be super awkward if she doesn't feel the same way and you'll be reminded of it constantly. Ask her sometime during the final day, taking the above advice if you think it will help. But be brave and go for it! Regardless of the outcome it's better than the feeling of regretting you didn't even try.

Good luck!