Author Topic: Whats the haps?

Starmongoose

• Forum Moderator
  • Contributing Editor
  • I Mean Bismuth
    • View Profile
Re: What's the haps?
« Reply #16980 on: June 15, 2016, 01:04:10 PM »
Did that thing where I looked at my bank account expecting to see a fair sum of cash and instead finding it almost empty.  :P

I don't get paid for another 6 days, so I got creative with cheap ingredients for food to feed the both of us for a week. I actually find that sort of creativity fun. I can make a lot of delicious food out of nothing, the joys of being able to cook.

It just makes me wonder why I don't do it when I have a lot of money? Convenience I guess. I love using expensive cuts of meat even though the tougher cuts can be more tasty when cooked for a few hours.

Penguin Boss Demands You Join Our Discord!

CLICK HERE TO BE TAKEN TO THE RPGFAN DISCORD

Kevadu

• Some guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #16981 on: June 15, 2016, 02:05:37 PM »
Sometimes I wish my life was interesting enough to have something to talk about...

Tomara

• View Profile
« Reply #16982 on: June 15, 2016, 04:21:57 PM »
Then find a way to make it more interesting?

I don't get paid for another 6 days, so I got creative with cheap ingredients for food to feed the both of us for a week. I actually find that sort of creativity fun. I can make a lot of delicious food out of nothing, the joys of being able to cook.

That's basically me most of the month (though now it's mostly because I've gotten used to being frugal). Sometimes I try to vary my meals as much as possible, like... Okay, both miso and tofu are on sale. That's good, I'll use some of the tofu for the soup and save the rest for curry. Oh, spring onions and mushrooms! Those are just begging to go into the soup, and the leftovers can easily be used for omelette-like food. Maybe I'll eat the omelette like a burger instead of with rice, because hey, I need bread anyway...

Other times it's more like: Canned tomatoes are cheap. The veggies I like are in season. Hello, pasta dishes and tomato soup. For the next two weeks.

Anyway... I have regrets. I knew I gave my muscles a work-out last weekend, because of the whole 'lugging heavy stuff around a convention building that loves stairs way too much' thing. (And don't mind it, because I'm halfway to being used to it and I like impressing people with my ability to carry things. "I'm stronger than I look! (And you're a wuss!)" Then I fired an arrow and felt everything flare up. ... And then I got 2 hours of practice in anyway, because I'm not a weakling who admits defeat to a practice bow (and shooting it way too much fun!). So, yeah, I'm going to be sore.

Annubis

• ee yan~☆
    • View Profile
« Reply #16983 on: June 15, 2016, 04:39:56 PM »
I get paid enough to eat luxuriously (I could probably eat restaurant every day) but I pretty much buy mundane stuff and eat frugal home cooked meals.

Dincrest

• RPGFan Editor
    • View Profile
    • RPGFan
« Reply #16984 on: June 15, 2016, 04:55:58 PM »
Does anyone else feel like this thread really does help us to get to know each other?  I was kinda chuckling at the last few updates because I just looked at the username and I already knew what they were going to talk about.

Dincrest: bikes!
Daggerstrike: house!
Klutz: job!
Mesh: i take LSD daily!

Really, I don't think I could do that with people I know IRL.  Which is a shame.  I should take the time to listen to my associates the way I take the time to read this thread.

I was thinking that about my Facebook statuses one time.  I define my life as:
-work
-cycling/fitness
-voice over
-video games/ RPGFan
-reading (this includes both novels and comics/manga)
-music

And, as such, the majority of my status updates are one of the above (except work- I keep that pretty private.)  I sometimes wonder if the fact that my status updates being mostly the same stuff makes me "ugh, that guy" but I feel like I'm no worse than those folks where 99% of their status updates are about their kids or pets.  After all, that's the major priority in their lives and it's all good. 
You can brag about your 5000+ friends on social media all you want, but riddle me this: how many of them would help you move?

Tomara

• View Profile
« Reply #16985 on: June 15, 2016, 05:04:09 PM »
Oh, hey, they just added me to the guild's Whatsapp group! ... Only it's the one for junior archers... What kind of impression am I making? I'm also older than I look, thank you very much!

I get paid enough to eat luxuriously (I could probably eat restaurant every day) but I pretty much buy mundane stuff and eat frugal home cooked meals.

I think I'd get bored of restaurant food very soon despite the great variety available. Or maybe I just prefer being in full control of ingredients, portion size and so on. Probably that. That and being able to curl up on the couch with a pizza or a big pile of stamppot. Can't really do that in a restaurant.

I was thinking that about my Facebook statuses one time.  I define my life as:
-list-

I don't really use facebook, but looking at my recent posts here, my life currently consists of:
-games
-archery
-complaining about unreliable coworkers
-anime conventions
-a terribly awkward attempt at romance

... Could be worse.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2016, 05:06:48 PM by Tomara »

Rucks

• RPGFan Survey Hero
  • Salvum est Vita!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16986 on: June 15, 2016, 05:19:00 PM »
-bikes
-gaming
-lady friend
-utter confusion towards the simplest things
-unintentionally offending people
-intentionally offending people
« Last Edit: June 15, 2016, 05:21:42 PM by glassjawsh »

"This goes way beyond pumpkin spice" "Whale oil beef hooked"

Starmongoose

• Forum Moderator
  • Contributing Editor
  • I Mean Bismuth
    • View Profile
« Reply #16987 on: June 15, 2016, 05:20:05 PM »
- food
- boyfriend
- layin down the law
- Dice

Penguin Boss Demands You Join Our Discord!

CLICK HERE TO BE TAKEN TO THE RPGFAN DISCORD

MeshGearFox

• HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16988 on: June 15, 2016, 06:06:35 PM »
- bizarre fever dreams
- fruit
- pet skunk videos
- kanji
- multivitamins and caffeine
- vague paranoia
- more bizarre fever dreams
- coming up with new music genres that are chiptunes based on sinewaves, heavily incorporating traditional Chinese and Irish folk music, and featuring lyrics about transgressions against God. I call it "Sinowave."
« Last Edit: June 15, 2016, 06:12:30 PM by MeshGearFox »
o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

Agent D.

• Agent Bewear.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16989 on: June 15, 2016, 06:11:13 PM »
-Weight lifting
-Healing from weight lifting injury
-Work
-Video games
-More weight lifting
-More healing from weight lifting injury
-Ignoring pain from injury while weight lifting and working
-eating/sleeping

TASTY!

Aurian

• RPGFan Survey Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #16990 on: June 15, 2016, 08:48:21 PM »
- video games
- art I do
- vacations
- dog stuff
- misc snark

MeshGearFox

• HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16991 on: June 15, 2016, 10:57:33 PM »
Wait do parents not put away money to help their kids through college anymore?

-- edit --

What the hell, this vocabulary builder thing just gave the word "baby milk."

It's milk. Who the hell even what/
« Last Edit: June 16, 2016, 12:14:15 AM by MeshGearFox »
o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

EmeraldSword

• View Profile
« Reply #16992 on: June 15, 2016, 11:37:21 PM »
- Star Ocean and Grand Canyon pre-orders
- Cooking various Cajun recipes
- Procrastinating studying
- Netflix streaming wifi issues (grr......)
- Buying a recurve bow
- Dog (and house)sitting
- Rockclimbing documentary

Arvis

• Prudish Gerontophobe
  • RPGFan Survey Hero
  • Computer Over. Virus = Very Yes.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16993 on: June 16, 2016, 09:38:30 AM »
This is great.  We've streamlined the Haps.

- Wife
- Hashimoto's Thyroiditis
- Hipster yuppie vegan nonsense
"You know, you're pretty cool too, Arvis.  You like good music, good games, and good tennis." - Divingfalcons

Klutz64

• I Like Wacky Hats
  • May Your Heart be Your Guiding Key
    • View Profile
« Reply #16994 on: June 16, 2016, 10:37:04 AM »
Can't wait to tell the district manager about my current boss' quid pro quo attitude towards me telling him constantly that I can't work 6 days a week. Fuck this whole "You're the only one I have and its only for two weeks" BS. Why should I be punished for poor decisions and a terrible employee structure that allows for this nonsense to happen? I mean, since I'm a supervisor and have to waive the 30 minute meal break required by law, I'm basically being forced to work overtime.

Honestly if I knew I was walking into this situation, I would have refused the job.

Been talking to family lately about how I've been feeling for months now that nothing in my life makes it worth living, but they don't seem too bothered by it. Apparently I just need to "set goals for myself." Which is exactly what the three therapists I've seen in the last couple years have told me before I realized they weren't really listening.

Anyway, didn't mean to ruin the streamlined haps or bring down the mood, just wanted to rant a bit as always.