Author Topic: Whats the haps?

Agent D.

• Agent Bewear.
    • View Profile
Re: What's the haps?
« Reply #17295 on: July 25, 2016, 10:04:48 PM »
Some new haps...

Been trying to improve my strength through more radical means, so I've been doing slightly less weight (haha, less) for 100 rep total on my first major exercise, aside from squats cuz bad ankle. Today was chest, so I went for 315 for 100 reps. Took me a grand total of 1 hour and 28 minutes. This is the second week of it...I took 2 hours last time. So yeah, improvements!

The worst week of my year is approaching again in a mere 2 weeks...a children's play I do a few miles from where I live in the bronx. It's not the actual play that is bad (it's usually pretty terrible), but it's the fighting between my father and I, the terrible heat, and the direct sunlight all day for 4-6 hours a day. It sucks, I hate it, and every year I put a new hole in my door from it. Goody for me :(

So I developed a new crush on this girl who works at a dunkin donuts location not far from where I live. She's stupidly pretty and I get all flustery when I walk in and see her, which is oddly pretty often cuz work and my old man loves his coffee. I've tried to say simple things to her like good morning or hi how are you, but they come out sounding like a grunt from lion. I then grumble something along the lines of thank you when I pick up my order (online order ftw!) and smile awkwardly as I leave. I saw her tonight as I was picking up some dinner and I tried to say hi but again,just came out like a weird gutteral noise...I'm an embarassment to men worldwide...

Ahh...life blows.

TASTY!

Artimicia

• Banninated
    • View Profile
« Reply #17296 on: July 26, 2016, 01:24:35 AM »
Some new haps...

Been trying to improve my strength through more radical means, so I've been doing slightly less weight (haha, less) for 100 rep total on my first major exercise, aside from squats cuz bad ankle. Today was chest, so I went for 315 for 100 reps. Took me a grand total of 1 hour and 28 minutes. This is the second week of it...I took 2 hours last time. So yeah, improvements!

The worst week of my year is approaching again in a mere 2 weeks...a children's play I do a few miles from where I live in the bronx. It's not the actual play that is bad (it's usually pretty terrible), but it's the fighting between my father and I, the terrible heat, and the direct sunlight all day for 4-6 hours a day. It sucks, I hate it, and every year I put a new hole in my door from it. Goody for me :(

So I developed a new crush on this girl who works at a dunkin donuts location not far from where I live. She's stupidly pretty and I get all flustery when I walk in and see her, which is oddly pretty often cuz work and my old man loves his coffee. I've tried to say simple things to her like good morning or hi how are you, but they come out sounding like a grunt from lion. I then grumble something along the lines of thank you when I pick up my order (online order ftw!) and smile awkwardly as I leave. I saw her tonight as I was picking up some dinner and I tried to say hi but again,just came out like a weird gutteral noise...I'm an embarassment to men worldwide...

Ahh...life blows.

Ahh the corner store crush!

Honestly though relationships are all awkward a lot of the time and people don't just accept that fact, it's not about whether it went according to some movie script, but more how you deal with it. I'd daresay that was good first start! Even better if you can reference it in some kind of knowing clever way the next time.

"I don't live by labels, I can be anything I want, I'd rather die a pauper than live on as someone else's fantasy!" - My best attempt at quoting the protagonist of Vandal Hearts 2.

Andrew

• Editor Emeritus
    • View Profile
« Reply #17297 on: July 26, 2016, 01:45:41 AM »
Not really relevant to the above, but Agent I like your new avatar. Also glad to see your face survived the image transition. ;)

In my haps... I will be married in less than 7 weeks. So awesome, but also kind of weird to think about. My fiance and I do not currently live together, so we've been moving stuff in/out of our new apartment which is tiring, but pretty fun. Both of us are looking forward to being married much more than the wedding day itself - too much stress! Haha. We'll be on our honeymoon afterwards, but it's so easy to forget about - it feels too far away and the wedding takes up all my mental space.

Agent D.

• Agent Bewear.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17298 on: July 26, 2016, 06:35:38 AM »
Not really relevant to the above, but Agent I like your new avatar. Also glad to see your face survived the image transition. ;)

In my haps... I will be married in less than 7 weeks. So awesome, but also kind of weird to think about. My fiance and I do not currently live together, so we've been moving stuff in/out of our new apartment which is tiring, but pretty fun. Both of us are looking forward to being married much more than the wedding day itself - too much stress! Haha. We'll be on our honeymoon afterwards, but it's so easy to forget about - it feels too far away and the wedding takes up all my mental space.
Thank you, Bewear is my new favorite pokemon, and good luck with the 7 weeks of torturous stress before the day. Also, congratulations in advance

TASTY!

Arvis

• Prudish Gerontophobe
  • RPGFan Survey Hero
  • Computer Over. Virus = Very Yes.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17299 on: July 26, 2016, 09:24:27 AM »

Congrats!

And it's always good to plan your wedding together, since it's a good test of a relationship.
"You know, you're pretty cool too, Arvis.  You like good music, good games, and good tennis." - Divingfalcons

Rucks

• RPGFan Survey Hero
  • Salvum est Vita!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17300 on: July 26, 2016, 09:45:37 AM »
Andrew - Congrats and good luck man. As you might already know, living together is going to take a lot of getting used to. Lots of little things you didn't realize about someone will start to pop up. 

e.g. I get too hot when I sleep next to my fiance, it was miserable. So for the first year we lived together we had separate beds that we just pushed together sometimes to create a 'super bed'.  And she has this thing where if everything isn't exactly in the right spot all the time, she can't function as a regular human being.  Arguments about putting tupperware one kitchen drawer too high or too low are more commonplace than maybe they ought to be. Also she farts, a lot. A LOT.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2016, 09:49:39 AM by glassjawsh »

"This goes way beyond pumpkin spice" "Whale oil beef hooked"

Frostillicus

• View Profile
« Reply #17301 on: July 26, 2016, 11:14:00 AM »
In my haps... I will be married in less than 7 weeks. So awesome, but also kind of weird to think about. My fiance and I do not currently live together-

Have you lived together before...? If not, I wish you the best of luck, cuz you'd truly be a gamblin' man.
"Movies are better than people. You don't have to smell who you're watching." ~ Baby Cakes

Starmongoose

• Forum Moderator
  • Contributing Editor
  • I Mean Bismuth
    • View Profile
« Reply #17302 on: July 26, 2016, 11:20:12 AM »
In my haps... I will be married in less than 7 weeks. So awesome, but also kind of weird to think about. My fiance and I do not currently live together-

Have you lived together before...? If not, I wish you the best of luck, cuz you'd truly be a gamblin' man.

Yeah, learning to live with your partner is always a rough part of the relationship.

Penguin Boss Demands You Join Our Discord!

CLICK HERE TO BE TAKEN TO THE RPGFAN DISCORD

Yoda

• Fear is the Mind Killer
  • Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light
    • View Profile
« Reply #17303 on: July 26, 2016, 11:23:00 AM »
The Hapsburgs would be proud of these haps.

Tomara

• View Profile
« Reply #17304 on: July 26, 2016, 12:21:29 PM »
I made pea soup. I turned out well and I have enough for atleast four more meals, and that's excluding the portions my mother picked up for her and my dad. I think it could be considered a success.

However...

If I mention pea soup and wanting to make it anytime soon, please, for the love of god (any god, I'm not picky!), stop me.

I had conveniently 'forgotten' that good pea soup takes 3+ hours to make. That knob celery is a pain in the ass to chop. That it makes the whole living area smell like pea soup.

Yeah, learning to live with your partner is always a rough part of the relationship.

I wonder how my parents managed. They 'proposed' three months after they met, and that was basically a simultanous 'let's get married' at the kitchen table. Different times, I guess. But, they're still happily married, so yay!

Starmongoose

• Forum Moderator
  • Contributing Editor
  • I Mean Bismuth
    • View Profile
« Reply #17305 on: July 26, 2016, 12:28:16 PM »
I had to google what knob celery is - celeriac, gotcha.

Have you ever cut a pineapple using a kitchen knife, or a turnip? That's generally how I cut the rind of a celeriac off. Not much fuss if your knife is sharp!

Dincrest

• RPGFan Editor
    • View Profile
    • RPGFan
« Reply #17306 on: July 26, 2016, 01:06:15 PM »
Early congrats to Andrew, and I like the attitude of "plan the marriage more than the wedding."  I've seen too many couples expertly plan the wedding but fail to plan the marriage. 

Anyway, here's my "how did my parents do that?" snippet.  My parents' marriage was arranged and I don't even know if my mom even interacted with my dad before the wedding, since he was studying in England.  And then right after the wedding, my mom (who had never left her hometown in India) had to pack her bags and fly off to England to live with her new husband.  How the hell they did that, plus live in Holland, have a kid, then fly off to the US, and make it... I mean, I'd have no problem uprooting to another state to make a life for myself, but uprooting to a foreign country I'm unfamiliar with kinda frightens me. 
You can brag about your 5000+ friends on social media all you want, but riddle me this: how many of them would help you move?

Yoda

• Fear is the Mind Killer
  • Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light
    • View Profile
« Reply #17307 on: July 26, 2016, 01:11:54 PM »
I just bought the first 17 seasons of the Simpsons on dvd

Tomara

• View Profile
« Reply #17308 on: July 26, 2016, 01:26:25 PM »

Have you ever cut a pineapple using a kitchen knife, or a turnip? That's generally how I cut the rind of a celeriac off. Not much fuss if your knife is sharp!

That's exactly my problem: I haven't had a decent knife in years. I should probably buy one sooner rather than later. And a larger pot. And a bread knife. And a bunch of other stuff. My kitchen is kind of bare.

Starmongoose

• Forum Moderator
  • Contributing Editor
  • I Mean Bismuth
    • View Profile
« Reply #17309 on: July 26, 2016, 01:30:15 PM »

That's exactly my problem: I haven't had a decent knife in years. I should probably buy one sooner rather than later. And a larger pot. And a bread knife. And a bunch of other stuff. My kitchen is kind of bare.

As a chef I more or less live by my kitchen knife, I could get rid of a 100 things I have in my kitchen and function, but take away my kitchen knife and shit just gets so much harder.