Author Topic: Whats the haps?

Dice

• I'm fart and I'm smunny
  • AMG A GIRL
  • RPGFan and Dice forever...
    • View Profile
    • My DeviantArt site!  Come, stay, laugh, cry.
Re: What's the haps?
« Reply #17340 on: July 31, 2016, 08:07:11 PM »
I did the Spellbound Century bike-a-thon today.  The quick and dirty of this adventure was that it was a tale of getting lost, near dehydration, a pushup contest, and an accidental computer reset.  

The longer version:
My 46 mile ride turned into a 50-52 mile ride because, on the third leg, I missed a turn (it wasn't marked), got lost, but eventually found my way back on course.  As I was going back on course, I saw some other riders on the other side of the road who made the same mistake that I did and I tried to holler to them to turn back, but they didn't hear me.  

So, because of the extra mileage I put in on that third leg and the fact that the third leg (out of 4) was mostly out in the sun (almost no shade) I ran out of fluids 3-4 miles from the next rest area.  We're talking a 24 oz. bottle of water and a 24 oz. bottle of Gatorade completely empty 3-4 miles from the rest stop.  That was really rough, but I made it and though that rest stop ran out of food, they had enough water and Gatorade for me to partially fill my bottles enough to get to the end.  I was making such good time (keeping a 16-18mph pace), but the dehydration slowed my pace to about 12-14mph on the latter part of the third and the final legs.

I have no idea what my final mileage was since, during a descent, I was crouched so far over the handlebars that I accidentally reset my cyclocomputer so my final reading was about 26 miles.  

And during the end-ride lunch, I was making my way to the bathroom when I encountered a group of people doing an incline pushup contest off the side of a picnic table.  And I participated.  I managed to eke out 24 incline pushups, so I'm stoked.  I know that seems stupid and everything, but because I spent much of my youth as a weakling, crybaby, gym-class-joke, I overcompensate as an adult to prove (mostly to myself, but also to others) that I'm (physically) strong, that I'm tough, even though I used to be fat and my body still looks disgusting.  

Well done Din!  Reading that was exhausting from my safe perch here (as I've sat on my bum doing work from home).
http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633
http://dice963.tumblr.com/

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
RAINBOW PIXEL POWER!!!

Dincrest

• RPGFan Editor
    • View Profile
    • RPGFan
« Reply #17341 on: July 31, 2016, 08:32:07 PM »
I'm feeling it in my legs today, definitely.  Part of it might be that the rest stops mostly had gel packets rather than real food (my favorite rest stop snack during event rides is peanut butter and jelly sandwiches) and I could have used some extra protein rather than just glycogens and electrolytes.

I've gotten lost on poorly marked rides before so that didn't phase me so much, but running out of drink rattled me, so that stop was like an oasis in the desert.
You can brag about your 5000+ friends on social media all you want, but riddle me this: how many of them would help you move?

MeshGearFox

• HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17342 on: August 01, 2016, 12:01:36 AM »
Currently feeling like a total monster for killing a wasp that had gotten into my shower instead of trying to corral it back outside :\
o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

Tomara

• View Profile
« Reply #17343 on: August 01, 2016, 03:13:11 AM »
Currently feeling like a total monster for killing a wasp that had gotten into my shower instead of trying to corral it back outside :\

Whenever I'm over at my cousin or aunt's, I'm always asked to kill whatever insect it bothering them. I do so, but it does kind of bothers me because most will just fly off after a few minutes if left alone. Poor dragonflies :(

Ranadiel

• View Profile
« Reply #17344 on: August 01, 2016, 06:50:53 AM »
Wasps are assholes, if you tried to save it, it would have tried to injure/kill you. Unless you are a saint that has no problem being stung, I think you made the right choice.

Tomara

• View Profile
« Reply #17345 on: August 01, 2016, 07:54:06 AM »
Oh, yeah, I don't mind killing wasps. Though I prefer it when they just stay away from me. I've been stung too many times as a kid*, and now I'm kind of scared of them :(

*One time, I tried to get away from one by jumping into the pool, which was just a few feet away from me. While making a beeline for that safety zone, I stepped on a dead wasp and it stung my foot.

Naturally, my current reaction to wasps is more like: [incoherent screaming]

Rucks

• RPGFan Survey Hero
  • Salvum est Vita!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17346 on: August 01, 2016, 08:15:44 AM »
When I was a kid one flew in my mouth during a soccer game and repeatedly stung me on my lips and tongue.  So you could smash every last one to pieces and you'd get no ill will from me for it.

"This goes way beyond pumpkin spice" "Whale oil beef hooked"

Klutz64

• I Like Wacky Hats
  • May Your Heart be Your Guiding Key
    • View Profile
« Reply #17347 on: August 01, 2016, 09:29:40 AM »
Save the bees!

Eradicate everything else even remotely vespine!

Frostillicus

• View Profile
« Reply #17348 on: August 01, 2016, 10:23:43 AM »
I kill any and all insects and arachnids that I find my house. No mercy! No survivors!!
"Movies are better than people. You don't have to smell who you're watching." ~ Baby Cakes

Arvis

• Prudish Gerontophobe
  • RPGFan Survey Hero
  • Computer Over. Virus = Very Yes.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17349 on: August 01, 2016, 11:24:52 AM »
So, um, I played some tennis this weekend.  And I played really freaking well.  I got within 2 points of winning before my lack of conditioning caught up with me.

So, yeah.  That's something.

When I was a kid one flew in my mouth during a soccer game and repeatedly stung me on my lips and tongue.  So you could smash every last one to pieces and you'd get no ill will from me for it.
Maybe the new worst thing I've ever heard.

I still agree with Klutz about the bees, though.  I love bees.
"You know, you're pretty cool too, Arvis.  You like good music, good games, and good tennis." - Divingfalcons

EmeraldSword

• View Profile
« Reply #17350 on: August 01, 2016, 11:54:20 AM »
Winnie the pooh weighs in on this thread bout' bees & politics. ->

MeshGearFox

• HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17351 on: August 01, 2016, 06:08:28 PM »
Save the bees!

Eradicate everything else even remotely vespine!

Also geese.

Who even came up with geese that was a horrible idea.
o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

Dincrest

• RPGFan Editor
    • View Profile
    • RPGFan
« Reply #17352 on: August 01, 2016, 06:39:18 PM »
I'm convinced that Canadian Geese are a mutant conspiracy theory.  That is the one animal I have vehemently vicious loathing for and think should go extinct.  The ecosystem will be all the better without those nasty filthy foul fowl.  I could go on about my hatred of Canadian Geese, but I've probably done that enough times.  If a NJ gubernatorial candidate speaks of a plan to eliminate the geese, they'll likely have my vote.

As for haps... I might have to stay off my bicycle till Sunday.  I'd give the reason why, but it might veer into TMI territory. 
« Last Edit: August 01, 2016, 06:41:24 PM by Dincrest »
You can brag about your 5000+ friends on social media all you want, but riddle me this: how many of them would help you move?

Dice

• I'm fart and I'm smunny
  • AMG A GIRL
  • RPGFan and Dice forever...
    • View Profile
    • My DeviantArt site!  Come, stay, laugh, cry.
« Reply #17353 on: August 01, 2016, 08:43:53 PM »
I'm convinced that Canadian Geese are a mutant conspiracy theory.  That is the one animal I have vehemently vicious loathing for and think should go extinct.  The ecosystem will be all the better without those nasty filthy foul fowl.  I could go on about my hatred of Canadian Geese, but I've probably done that enough times.  If a NJ gubernatorial candidate speaks of a plan to eliminate the geese, they'll likely have my vote.

As for haps... I might have to stay off my bicycle till Sunday.  I'd give the reason why, but it might veer into TMI territory. 

I completely agree, I bet those fuckers peruse Satan's garden in hell, and they're still mean as hell on earth.
http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633
http://dice963.tumblr.com/

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
RAINBOW PIXEL POWER!!!

Artimicia

• Banninated
    • View Profile
« Reply #17354 on: August 01, 2016, 08:55:54 PM »

I completely agree, I bet those fuckers peruse Satan's garden in hell, and they're still mean as hell on earth.

hahah!

Ah that comment cracked me up...
"I don't live by labels, I can be anything I want, I'd rather die a pauper than live on as someone else's fantasy!" - My best attempt at quoting the protagonist of Vandal Hearts 2.