Author Topic: Whats the haps?  (Read 3609482 times)

Ranadiel

• View Profile
Re: What's the haps?
« Reply #17355 on: August 01, 2016, 09:21:39 PM »
Oh, yeah, I don't mind killing wasps. Though I prefer it when they just stay away from me. I've been stung too many times as a kid*, and now I'm kind of scared of them :(

*One time, I tried to get away from one by jumping into the pool, which was just a few feet away from me. While making a beeline for that safety zone, I stepped on a dead wasp and it stung my foot.

Naturally, my current reaction to wasps is more like: [incoherent screaming]
On the topic of wasps and childhood trauma and wasps, when I was a kid wasps tended to love the front porch of our house for some reason so they built nests there fairly frequently. One time when we were either leaving the house or coming home, a wasp decided I was too close to its nest as I walked by. It stung me. Right on my face. I don't actually remember the exact spot, but it was in the space between my nose and one of my eyes. Basically it very easily could have fucked up my vision for life had it been a little bit to the side or if I had been allergic to it(?). So yeah, fuck wasps.

Artimicia

• Banninated
    • View Profile
« Reply #17356 on: August 01, 2016, 09:48:59 PM »
I saw a crazy wasp lying around the other day, totally freaked me out it was huge.
"I don't live by labels, I can be anything I want, I'd rather die a pauper than live on as someone else's fantasy!" - My best attempt at quoting the protagonist of Vandal Hearts 2.

EmeraldSword

• View Profile
« Reply #17357 on: August 01, 2016, 11:41:06 PM »
I'm convinced that Canadian Geese are a mutant conspiracy theory.  That is the one animal I have vehemently vicious loathing for and think should go extinct.  The ecosystem will be all the better without those nasty filthy foul fowl.  I could go on about my hatred of Canadian Geese, but I've probably done that enough times.  If a NJ gubernatorial candidate speaks of a plan to eliminate the geese, they'll likely have my vote.

As for haps... I might have to stay off my bicycle till Sunday.  I'd give the reason why, but it might veer into TMI territory. 

I hear ya, bro. I don't have TMI issues like the ones you speak of, yet as a result of an indoor rock climbing injury to my a2/a3 pulley ligament tear in my finger in mid-June, I haven't been able to climb. :*( The Googles say 4-6 weeks recovery time, but it feels like it's going to be longer than the average recovery time, grrrrrrrr......

Frostillicus

• View Profile
« Reply #17358 on: August 02, 2016, 02:56:40 PM »
Finding more grays in my beard (I shave my head) these days... What's with this getting older shit?

I don't much care for Canadian geese, either. If it were legal to run into them, I'd install a sort of cow catcher on my car and go nuts.
EDIT: No, I probably wouldn't. Just realized that could push them up onto the hood. ...I'd just run 'em over normally. BAM!
« Last Edit: August 02, 2016, 02:58:55 PM by natros »
"Movies are better than people. You don't have to smell who you're watching." ~ Baby Cakes

Dincrest

• RPGFan Editor
    • View Profile
    • RPGFan
« Reply #17359 on: August 02, 2016, 03:11:48 PM »
It should permanently be open season on Canadian Geese and use all those dead birds to feed the hungry.  That solves two problems right there.
You can brag about your 5000+ friends on social media all you want, but riddle me this: how many of them would help you move?

Marshmallow

• RPGFan Survey Hero
  • OH NO OH NO OH NO
    • View Profile
« Reply #17360 on: August 03, 2016, 01:39:41 AM »
Finding more grays in my beard (I shave my head) these days... What's with this getting older shit?

I don't much care for Canadian geese, either. If it were legal to run into them, I'd install a sort of cow catcher on my car and go nuts.
EDIT: No, I probably wouldn't. Just realized that could push them up onto the hood. ...I'd just run 'em over normally. BAM!

I find a few new grey hairs every couple of days. None in the beard yet though. It does feel kinda strange.

Geese are the best, although I wouldn't mind if most to all insects disappeared overnight.

Arvis

• Prudish Gerontophobe
  • RPGFan Survey Hero
  • Computer Over. Virus = Very Yes.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17361 on: August 03, 2016, 11:19:12 AM »
Insects are an extremely important part of our ecology, though.

If only they'd just stay out there in the ecology instead of always trying to get into our houses.
"You know, you're pretty cool too, Arvis.  You like good music, good games, and good tennis." - Divingfalcons

Dincrest

• RPGFan Editor
    • View Profile
    • RPGFan
« Reply #17362 on: August 03, 2016, 01:05:27 PM »
Given that the goose and deer populations are rampantly out of control (particularly due to the lack of predators to keep things in checks and balances), I say mass elimination!  For ecology! 

Insects, I'm fine with.  They're a more vital part of the ecosystem than overabundant geese and deer. 

I don't feel guilty about eliminating critters that invade my home.  Out in the natural world, animals eliminate other animals that invade their dens/territories, so I'm within my natural rights.  That being said, I'm usually kind to spiders.  I'll keep those alive and let them go outside, since spiders consume vermin.  In the part of India my mom grew up in, it was considered good luck if a snake hung out in your back yard, because that meant vermin would stay away. 
You can brag about your 5000+ friends on social media all you want, but riddle me this: how many of them would help you move?

Klutz64

• I Like Wacky Hats
  • May Your Heart be Your Guiding Key
    • View Profile
« Reply #17363 on: August 03, 2016, 01:52:19 PM »
Given that the goose and deer populations are rampantly out of control (particularly due to the lack of predators to keep things in checks and balances), I say mass elimination!  For ecology! 

Insects, I'm fine with.  They're a more vital part of the ecosystem than overabundant geese and deer. 

I don't feel guilty about eliminating critters that invade my home.  Out in the natural world, animals eliminate other animals that invade their dens/territories, so I'm within my natural rights.  That being said, I'm usually kind to spiders.  I'll keep those alive and let them go outside, since spiders consume vermin.  In the part of India my mom grew up in, it was considered good luck if a snake hung out in your back yard, because that meant vermin would stay away. 

Eh, some insects are fine indeed. But most are evolutionary redundancies and can stand to be culled a bit.

Dincrest

• RPGFan Editor
    • View Profile
    • RPGFan
« Reply #17364 on: August 03, 2016, 04:37:00 PM »
True.  Those Africanized "Killer" bees come to mind. 

Dice

• I'm fart and I'm smunny
  • AMG A GIRL
  • RPGFan and Dice forever...
    • View Profile
    • My DeviantArt site!  Come, stay, laugh, cry.
« Reply #17365 on: August 03, 2016, 07:46:48 PM »
I've got three deadlined art commissions for this weekend.

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633
http://dice963.tumblr.com/

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
RAINBOW PIXEL POWER!!!

Starmongoose

• Forum Moderator
  • Contributing Editor
  • I Mean Bismuth
    • View Profile
« Reply #17366 on: August 03, 2016, 08:00:23 PM »

Penguin Boss Demands You Join Our Discord!

CLICK HERE TO BE TAKEN TO THE RPGFAN DISCORD

MeshGearFox

• HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17367 on: August 03, 2016, 08:05:45 PM »
IF MY JOB TAUGHT ME ONE THING

If at first you don't succeed, hope the pending litigation against your commissioner over a massive lead poisoning scandal distracts everyone from your own failure to deliver the product so that the court case they waged against you doesn't go anywhere.
o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

Dice

• I'm fart and I'm smunny
  • AMG A GIRL
  • RPGFan and Dice forever...
    • View Profile
    • My DeviantArt site!  Come, stay, laugh, cry.
« Reply #17368 on: August 03, 2016, 08:09:46 PM »

that is one fine follow up. xD  thanks Goosey
« Last Edit: August 03, 2016, 08:12:46 PM by Dice »
http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633
http://dice963.tumblr.com/

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
RAINBOW PIXEL POWER!!!

Artimicia

• Banninated
    • View Profile
« Reply #17369 on: August 04, 2016, 03:00:36 AM »
I fucking caved and got like 6 double dillas at Taco Hell... oy ve.

Anyway yeah your an awesome artist Dice I just wanted to say that.

Ok this message is rambling lol.

I guess basically I'm reduced to sharing fast food haps.
"I don't live by labels, I can be anything I want, I'd rather die a pauper than live on as someone else's fantasy!" - My best attempt at quoting the protagonist of Vandal Hearts 2.