Author Topic: Whats the haps?

Starmongoose

• Forum Moderator
  • Contributing Editor
  • I Mean Bismuth
    • View Profile
Re: Whats the haps?
« Reply #18300 on: December 06, 2016, 01:56:34 PM »
Fighting against the "Like" feature on the forums while compulsively checking my likes.

I think a "dislike" button should be added, to keep certain people from collecting too many likes. Think of it as combating swelled heads.

I know your joking but I'd probably leave the site if there was a dislike button. It leads to some awful hivemind cultures. *cough* Reddit *cough*

Penguin Boss Demands You Join Our Discord!

CLICK HERE TO BE TAKEN TO THE RPGFAN DISCORD

NickRansbottom

• View Profile
« Reply #18301 on: December 06, 2016, 01:57:59 PM »
I think I'm going to start Steins;Gate today! The Vita VN, not the anime.

Arvis

• Prudish Gerontophobe
  • RPGFan Survey Hero
  • Computer Over. Virus = Very Yes.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18302 on: December 06, 2016, 02:53:59 PM »

Good man.  I nominated this for a Steam award.  Doubt it'll get much traction, but still.
"You know, you're pretty cool too, Arvis.  You like good music, good games, and good tennis." - Divingfalcons

Ranadiel

• View Profile
« Reply #18303 on: December 06, 2016, 06:34:14 PM »
Either one of those is good! You can't go wrong with Steins;Gate...okay fine the manga is a poor adaptation, but the VN and anime are both great. The VN should be enjoyable as long as you enjoy time travel stories.

On the topic of Steins;Gate, I wonder when the hell I'm getting my copy of Steins;Gate 0. I got the special edition which unfortunately has to ship from EU. Hopefully it will be soon as I am looking forward to playing it (especially since I have bare minimum knowledge of the plot).

Agent D.

• Agent Bewear.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18304 on: December 06, 2016, 06:54:17 PM »
Tried a 455lb benchpress tonight. Negative was easy, but it spent my energy and I couldn't push it up. Still, I tried it. I feel semi confident I can pull it off before the end of the year...

TASTY!

Dincrest

• RPGFan Editor
    • View Profile
    • RPGFan
« Reply #18305 on: December 06, 2016, 08:04:57 PM »
It's interesting how the routine stuff we gym-rats do during our workouts is nothing, yet can impress normals. 

Like, part of my workout today involved doing 75 pushups.  Nothing spectacular to me, but if I told the average person "I did 75 pushups today" they'd look at me like a superhero and say something like, "Damn dude, I can barely do 10."  (I was supersetting lat pulls with pushups- after I did a set of lat pulls I'd do 25 pushups.) 

Anyway, with the wintery season being upon us I'm switching up my workouts.  Since I'm riding less and lifting more, I'll be using the winter more to lift heavy and bulk up my muscles then use the spring and summer to shred, since I'll be on my bicycle more. 
You can brag about your 5000+ friends on social media all you want, but riddle me this: how many of them would help you move?

MeshGearFox

• HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18306 on: December 06, 2016, 10:41:29 PM »
A few years ago I was trying to find my copy of Ziggy Stardust and the Spiders from Mars but never could. Drove me nuts and I had to settle for grabbing a low-quality rip from /elsewhere/.

Anyway, I was cleaning under my bed tonight and I found a bag full of bags. So while I was separating out the plastic bags (trash/packing material) from the reusable grocery bags (usable!), I found said missing CD in one of the reusable grocery bags!

Which would be great except I'm downsizing my CD collection by selling off whatever I have by whomever died this year.

... Hey anyone else have a room in your house, growing up, that you thought you always saw someone in even when it was empty?
« Last Edit: December 07, 2016, 01:02:47 AM by MeshGearFox »
o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

Ranadiel

• View Profile
« Reply #18307 on: December 07, 2016, 06:50:28 AM »
It's interesting how the routine stuff we gym-rats do during our workouts is nothing, yet can impress normals. 

Like, part of my workout today involved doing 75 pushups.  Nothing spectacular to me, but if I told the average person "I did 75 pushups today" they'd look at me like a superhero and say something like, "Damn dude, I can barely do 10."  (I was supersetting lat pulls with pushups- after I did a set of lat pulls I'd do 25 pushups.) 

Anyway, with the wintery season being upon us I'm switching up my workouts.  Since I'm riding less and lifting more, I'll be using the winter more to lift heavy and bulk up my muscles then use the spring and summer to shred, since I'll be on my bicycle more.
To be fair, I go to the gym on a regular basis, and the stuff you guys are talking about sounds impressive to me. I don't know how many pushups I can do, but probably far less (if for no other reason than I think my push up form is horrible). Then again I probably do stuff that at least sounds kind of impressive (just not upper body).

Like I have done 400 pound squats on a machine before. Stopped doing that though as I get better weight and range of motion doing a "step" machine at 150 (plus body weight, which is 200ish) per leg. Don't like free weights though. Mostly do "free motion" aka cable machine.

Agent D.

• Agent Bewear.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18308 on: December 07, 2016, 07:20:47 AM »

To be fair, I go to the gym on a regular basis, and the stuff you guys are talking about sounds impressive to me. I don't know how many pushups I can do, but probably far less (if for no other reason than I think my push up form is horrible). Then again I probably do stuff that at least sounds kind of impressive (just not upper body).

Like I have done 400 pound squats on a machine before. Stopped doing that though as I get better weight and range of motion doing a "step" machine at 150 (plus body weight, which is 200ish) per leg. Don't like free weights though. Mostly do "free motion" aka cable machine.
I've always put cable machines in the "physique" category of exercise. Not my preference, personally, but exercise is exercise. I used to use a hacksquat machine to practice form for squats due to my fucked up ankle, but when I started hitting 630 pounds on it for reps and had to add chains to it for more weight, I decided it was time to hit the free weights again. I use machines for mostly bicep and tricep work, and for assisted pull ups since I'm huge and regular pull ups are super hard for me.

TASTY!

Arvis

• Prudish Gerontophobe
  • RPGFan Survey Hero
  • Computer Over. Virus = Very Yes.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18309 on: December 07, 2016, 09:17:54 AM »
Finally listened to the Hamilton soundtrack to find out what all the hype is about.  It's pretty good, and especially good at its climax, when it hits all the emotional notes expertly.  I would imagine it's a pretty impressive show to see live.
"You know, you're pretty cool too, Arvis.  You like good music, good games, and good tennis." - Divingfalcons

NickRansbottom

• View Profile
« Reply #18310 on: December 07, 2016, 10:12:56 AM »
Playing some Ys: Memories of Celceta and boy howdy, I'm loving it! Glad one of my fellow editors bought it for me so I could get into the series. The combat is just very addictive, and I find the writing and character designs extremely charming.

On a side note, I did start Steins;Gate, and I hate the main character so far. I take it you're supposed to hate him at first and then he grows on you? Hate might be a strong word... I just dislike him. What I don't dislike is that gorgeous artwork, though!

Frostillicus

• View Profile
« Reply #18311 on: December 07, 2016, 10:48:32 AM »
RE: Exercise

I've personally come a long way in the last few years, physique-wise. However, I have no idea what I can lift; pull; bench; etc., and I like it that way. I don't like gyms at all, so I do a mixture of at-home stuff with various resistance bands, and a doorway pull up bar, among other things. Hell, as hilarious as it might look to neighbors, pushing a car up and down the driveway is fantastic for the lower body. My son even helps me sometimes, by doing things like sitting on my back as I do push ups with said resistance bands.
That's all just my personal preference, of course. Not trying to say it's better, or anything. I realize that number-keeping and going to gyms is practically a necessity for people who really want to push themselves, and make big gains. I just personally don't like to put numbers on working out, cuz it'll probably just turn it into an OCD kind of thing for me. Then I'll get too concerned with how many reps of whatever weight, and so forth, instead of just the actual results. I'm basically just interested in getting stronger.
"Movies are better than people. You don't have to smell who you're watching." ~ Baby Cakes

Rucks

• RPGFan Survey Hero
  • Salvum est Vita!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18312 on: December 07, 2016, 12:23:20 PM »
kettle bells bruh, kettle bells

(but seriously, they are awesome for someone like me who doesn't want to bulk up and would rather sweat like a pig during a workout)

"This goes way beyond pumpkin spice" "Whale oil beef hooked"

Starmongoose

• Forum Moderator
  • Contributing Editor
  • I Mean Bismuth
    • View Profile
« Reply #18313 on: December 07, 2016, 12:31:11 PM »
I love the idea that people can just accidentally bulk up. It doesn't really work that way. :P

Penguin Boss Demands You Join Our Discord!

CLICK HERE TO BE TAKEN TO THE RPGFAN DISCORD

Rucks

• RPGFan Survey Hero
  • Salvum est Vita!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18314 on: December 07, 2016, 12:39:15 PM »
I love the idea that people can just accidentally bulk up. It doesn't really work that way. :P

Who was suggesting that people can accidentally bulk up?

If it's not your goal, you don't do those kinds of exercises.

"This goes way beyond pumpkin spice" "Whale oil beef hooked"