Author Topic: Whats the haps?

Hathen and 4 Guests are viewing this topic.

Rucks

• RPGFan Survey Hero
  • Salvum est Vita!
    • View Profile
Re: Whats the haps?
« Reply #18495 on: January 01, 2017, 05:16:15 PM »

"This goes way beyond pumpkin spice"

Dincrest

• Foot-in-Mouth disease
  • RPGFan Editor
  • Overuser of analogies, similes, and metaphors
    • View Profile
    • RPGFan
« Reply #18496 on: January 01, 2017, 05:51:49 PM »
The only V8 I'd even touch is the standard V8- low sodium variety.  And even then, only in moderation.
"I think I'm losing it.  I'm pulling out my hair trying to figure out what couch defines me as a person.  This is freaking madness.  This is hopeless.  This... my perfect little habitat here, and I still don't even know who I am."  - from Dow Jones and the Temple of Doom by Burnt By The Sun

Seultoria

• 시발놈
    • View Profile
« Reply #18497 on: January 01, 2017, 11:52:15 PM »
Thanks for that. After I finish the ones I already bought, I'll buy them no longer and will actually eat some real vegetables. Plus, that will get my girlfriend off my back lol.

Klutz64

• I Like Wacky Hats
  • May Your Heart be Your Guiding Key
    • View Profile
« Reply #18498 on: January 02, 2017, 12:44:29 AM »
Was listening to my music at work and the FFIX final battle theme started playing and I realized I feel really bad for that theme, because it's pretty great but is completely forgettable next to basically every other FF final battle theme

Artimicia

• Banninated
    • View Profile
« Reply #18499 on: January 02, 2017, 01:16:08 AM »
I love the FFIX battle theme.

It's 7 that I feel bad for.
"I don't live by labels, I can be anything I want, I'd rather die a pauper than live on as someone else's fantasy!" - My best attempt at quoting the protagonist of Vandal Hearts 2.

Annubis

• ee yan~☆
    • View Profile
« Reply #18500 on: January 02, 2017, 09:42:32 AM »
7's got that Jenovah boss battle theme though...

Artimicia

• Banninated
    • View Profile
« Reply #18501 on: January 02, 2017, 04:16:08 PM »
Ehhh... I kinda thought FF7 OST was easily the weakest of all the FF OST...

That said, Bombing Mission was an excellent track.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2017, 11:29:58 PM by Artimicia »
"I don't live by labels, I can be anything I want, I'd rather die a pauper than live on as someone else's fantasy!" - My best attempt at quoting the protagonist of Vandal Hearts 2.

Arvis

• Prudish Gerontophobe
  • RPGFan Survey Hero
  • Computer Over. Virus = Very Yes.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18502 on: January 03, 2017, 03:29:01 PM »

What... I.... what... can't....
"You know, you're pretty cool too, Arvis.  You like good music, good games, and good tennis." - Divingfalcons

Starmongoose

• Forum Moderator
  • Contributing Editor
  • I Mean Bismuth
    • View Profile
« Reply #18503 on: January 03, 2017, 03:32:05 PM »

It's Artimicia, her taste levels have been really questionable.

Penguin Boss Patrolling The Forums.

Arvis

• Prudish Gerontophobe
  • RPGFan Survey Hero
  • Computer Over. Virus = Very Yes.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18504 on: January 03, 2017, 03:42:11 PM »

It's Artimicia, her taste levels have been really questionable.

But.... she.... well....... but it..... uh....... I mean, well...... no.... no.... nope....
"You know, you're pretty cool too, Arvis.  You like good music, good games, and good tennis." - Divingfalcons

Klutz64

• I Like Wacky Hats
  • May Your Heart be Your Guiding Key
    • View Profile
« Reply #18505 on: January 03, 2017, 05:23:42 PM »
Sometimes I think Arti bases her tastes off of being unconventional for the sake of being unconventional.

MeshGearFox

• HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18506 on: January 03, 2017, 06:08:10 PM »
My favorite FF soundtrack is 6's by a long shot, meanwhile my favorite FFs as games are 5 and 9 and like... off the top of my head I can remember one track between the two of them.

(It's the Burmecia theme).

I'd probably remember FFVII's soundtrack more highly -- and I DO like it! -- if I hadn't grown up on the old PC version which just reduced it to a bunch of MIDI squarks and orchestra hits (even if you had the Yamaha soundfont thing installed which made it adequater. And I mean when I was in college ficedula's thing was an option but that still didn't work QUITE right).

(And this is the part where I remind myself that I'd quite like a copy of the PSX version except that's gotten sort of expensive for what it is, for no good reason).

Also obligatory this.
o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

Dincrest

• Foot-in-Mouth disease
  • RPGFan Editor
  • Overuser of analogies, similes, and metaphors
    • View Profile
    • RPGFan
« Reply #18507 on: January 03, 2017, 06:29:00 PM »
Final Fantasy VI's soundtrack was damn near perfect.  I loved all of it except the standard battle theme.  Final Fantasy V has my favorite FF battle theme.  FFXIII's battle theme is excellent too, but it's overused in other contexts in the game. 

Final Fantasy VII's soundtrack was excellent, but not perfect.  Given the sheer size of it, there were definitely some forgettable numbers.  Final Fantasy VIII's soundtrack had the most consistent quality overall.  No piece was bad, but none was a big "hit single," and I thought VII's had more "hit single" pieces.  Final Fantasy IX's... From what I've read, Uematsu composed 5 disks worth of music (the 5th disk was cutting room floor stuff) with less time to compose than prior games and the stress literally made him ill.  I feel like that shows in the music.  IX had some stellar pieces (e.g. Black Mage Village), but I could tell it was created under duress and thus wasn't his best work. 

Right now, I'm glad that other composers are trying their hand at FF soundtracks.  Some have been hit or miss.  For example, I think Hitoshi Sakimoto's work is pretty blah and felt XII's soundtrack was pretty blah.  On the other hand, I loved Masashi Hamauzu's contributions to FFX's soundtrack and his soundtrack for XIII was incredibly good.  Love or hate that game, you have to agree that it had awesome music.  One composer I would love to see create an FF soundtrack is Tsuyoshi Sekito.  Take a listen to the Brave Fencer Musashi soundtrack.  Man that music is GOOD!  And while I thought the music of Noriko Matsueda and Takahito Eguchi in FFX-2 was pretty funky and I liked its uniqueness, most people thought it was terrible. 

But I could say that about other soundtracks as well.  For example, most people preferred Breath of Fire IV's music over Breath of Fire III's.  I'm the opposite.  I preferred BoF III's jazz-fusion style music over BoF IV's more traditional fantasy RPG type music, because it was something a little different.  That's a big reason I loved Dennis Martin's music in Legend of Dragoon- it was unorthodox.  Sure it wasn't the kind of music you typically hear in a JRPG, but that's what made it interesting to me.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2017, 06:31:09 PM by Dincrest »
"I think I'm losing it.  I'm pulling out my hair trying to figure out what couch defines me as a person.  This is freaking madness.  This is hopeless.  This... my perfect little habitat here, and I still don't even know who I am."  - from Dow Jones and the Temple of Doom by Burnt By The Sun

XERQ GRANITE

• Super FreQ
  • WUB WUB!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18508 on: January 03, 2017, 07:14:17 PM »
Hi, I'm the X to the E-R-Q, XERQ GRANITE! ^_6 I love all genres of video games except for Sports or anything that's too realistic (cause video games aren't made for realism, they're made to do fun things you can't do IRL! :p ^_6) My favorite video game genres are Music/Rhythm, FPP (First-Person Puzzle), and RCG (Role-Crafting Games), but of course I'm also a huge RPG fan (why else would I be here, lol :p) The first RPG I've ever played was Dragon Warrior (Dragon Quest) and I'm still a huge fan of the series to this day! ^_6 My favorite RPG series is the Fallout series, and IMO Bethesda has been perfecting the RPG genre! ^_6 I mainly signed up to the RPGFan Forums to get ahold of Willy Elektrix about his game Ramble Planet, but I'll try to be as active as I can, I'm just really busy most of the time, I'm a Comedy/Dubstep artist who's music has been put on hold for a while because I need new equipment, so I've been working hard to get what I need to continue making my songs, plus I'm a Social Media Advertiser for my friend's hydrographic business, Avid Hydrodipping, and for my favorite Music/Rhythm game series FreQuency/Amplitude from Harmonix Music Systems, and I'm the computer tech for the local gas station, so I usually have my hands tied, but I'll post when I can! :p ^_6 If ya wanna git down on some games with me, feel free to send me a friend reQuest on Steam and/or PSN:

XERQ_GRANITE (same GamerTag on both :p)

Be sure to send a msg saying that you found me here and I'll GLaDly accept! ^_6 WUB WUB!

Starmongoose

• Forum Moderator
  • Contributing Editor
  • I Mean Bismuth
    • View Profile
« Reply #18509 on: January 03, 2017, 07:22:27 PM »
Hi, I'm the X to the E-R-Q, XERQ GRANITE! ^_6 I love all genres of video games except for Sports or anything that's too realistic (cause video games aren't made for realism, they're made to do fun things you can't do IRL! :p ^_6) My favorite video game genres are Music/Rhythm, FPP (First-Person Puzzle), and RCG (Role-Crafting Games), but of course I'm also a huge RPG fan (why else would I be here, lol :p) The first RPG I've ever played was Dragon Warrior (Dragon Quest) and I'm still a huge fan of the series to this day! ^_6 My favorite RPG series is the Fallout series, and IMO Bethesda has been perfecting the RPG genre! ^_6 I mainly signed up to the RPGFan Forums to get ahold of Willy Elektrix about his game Ramble Planet, but I'll try to be as active as I can, I'm just really busy most of the time, I'm a Comedy/Dubstep artist who's music has been put on hold for a while because I need new equipment, so I've been working hard to get what I need to continue making my songs, plus I'm a Social Media Advertiser for my friend's hydrographic business, Avid Hydrodipping, and for my favorite Music/Rhythm game series FreQuency/Amplitude from Harmonix Music Systems, and I'm the computer tech for the local gas station, so I usually have my hands tied, but I'll post when I can! :p ^_6 If ya wanna git down on some games with me, feel free to send me a friend reQuest on Steam and/or PSN:

XERQ_GRANITE (same GamerTag on both :p)

Be sure to send a msg saying that you found me here and I'll GLaDly accept! ^_6 WUB WUB!

Why are you speaking like that.

Penguin Boss Patrolling The Forums.