Arvis

• Prudish Gerontophobe
  • RPGFan Survey Hero
  • Computer Over. Virus = Very Yes.
    • View Profile
Re: Whats the haps?
« Reply #20430 on: October 04, 2018, 03:13:45 PM »
That's how I was, @Tomara
I hated coffee but loooooved coffee-flavored things.  And then I tried frozen coffee, which is essentially just a coffee-flavored thing.  Then iced coffee.... then just normal hot coffee.  That was the progression and now I just want to taste coffee with only a little sweetness.
"You know, you're pretty cool too, Arvis.  You like good music, good games, and good tennis." - Divingfalcons

Rucks

• RPGFan Survey Hero
  • Salvum est Vita!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20431 on: October 04, 2018, 04:40:57 PM »
if they sold anything that could make my coffee any blacker I'd buy it

"This goes way beyond pumpkin spice" "Whale oil beef hooked"

Arvis

• Prudish Gerontophobe
  • RPGFan Survey Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #20432 on: October 04, 2018, 04:51:38 PM »
I mean, you could just increase the ratio of grounds to water...
"You know, you're pretty cool too, Arvis.  You like good music, good games, and good tennis." - Divingfalcons

Rucks

• RPGFan Survey Hero
  • Salvum est Vita!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20433 on: October 04, 2018, 05:02:29 PM »
I mean, you could just increase the ratio of grounds to water...

with pour over, if you do that you end up with a bunch of coffee sediment in your cup...

Arvis

• Prudish Gerontophobe
  • RPGFan Survey Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #20434 on: October 04, 2018, 05:03:27 PM »
You could increase the grounds but then split them in half and pour over less water?

Goblin Shark

• RPGFan Editor
    • View Profile
    • RPGFan
« Reply #20435 on: October 05, 2018, 07:24:15 PM »
Haps... I attended the funeral of a dear uncle today.  He was my mom's cousin who was not only tight with my mom and her father (my grandfather who passed away in 2001), but he was incredibly tight with my late father.  This uncle was easily my dad's favorite drinking buddy.  I remember during holidays and big family gatherings, the two of them would talk for hours about their jet-setting world travels over bottles of scotch.  Well, now uncle, my father, and my maternal grandpa are three-musketeering it in the afterlife, going on wild adventures and enjoying plenty of cognac, scotch and beer.  (My grandfather loved cognac, my uncle loved scotch, my dad loved good beer.)

And in thinking about current media lightning rod Brett Kavanaugh, I'm not a fan of him at all.  If he sexually assaulted women with no compunction, then I think his questionable moral compass makes him unfit to be a judge.  If he did not sexually assault women, I think his petulant, defensive, thin-skinned, yelling-and-screaming comportment throughout this ordeal makes him emotionally and behaviorally unfit to be a judge.  I don't want a judge who lacks decent morals and has a volatile and immature temperament. 
You can brag about your 5000+ friends on social media all you want, but riddle me this: how many of them would help you move?

Rucks

• RPGFan Survey Hero
  • Salvum est Vita!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20436 on: October 24, 2018, 06:39:59 PM »
these poor forums =(

I hate that it's such a dying medium.  Especially because we have such a great group here (yes, even Frostillicus!)...

Arvis

• Prudish Gerontophobe
  • RPGFan Survey Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #20437 on: October 25, 2018, 09:09:17 AM »
Yeah, as someone who enjoys the Discord, I really miss these forums.

BTW, haps are I'm going to New York in a few days.  It's for my 8th anniversary.

Agent D.

• Agent Bewear.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20438 on: October 25, 2018, 10:29:18 AM »
Yeah, as someone who enjoys the Discord, I really miss these forums.

BTW, haps are I'm going to New York in a few days.  It's for my 8th anniversary.
Where in new york art thou heading? Maybe we catch up and have a drink?

TASTY!

Starmongoose

• Forum Moderator
  • Contributing Editor
  • I Mean Bismuth
    • View Profile
« Reply #20439 on: October 25, 2018, 03:42:53 PM »
Remember, at LEAST the first one is on Agent.

Penguin Boss Demands You Join Our Discord!

CLICK HERE TO BE TAKEN TO THE RPGFAN DISCORD

Arvis

• Prudish Gerontophobe
  • RPGFan Survey Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #20440 on: October 25, 2018, 04:43:13 PM »
Sounds amazing, D!  But we'll only be there for a couple days and it'll be mostly upstate.  Plus, every minute of every day is booked, as is usually the case with my vacations. :(

Sorry bro, that was awesome of you to offer.  Would be super cool to meet you irl.

Mickeymac92

• RPGFan Survey Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #20441 on: October 27, 2018, 05:41:57 PM »
Oh. I just figured everyone found it easier to talk about miniscule topics like the daily goings-ons via chat interfaces. Is there something wrong with the forum?

“MY NAME IS POKEY THE PENGUIN I LOVE CHESS!! IT IS LIKE BALLET ONLY WITH MORE EXPLOSIONS!”
I Draw Stuff Sometimes

Goblin Shark

• RPGFan Editor
    • View Profile
    • RPGFan
« Reply #20442 on: October 27, 2018, 06:04:17 PM »
Nothing wrong at all with the forum, beyond the fact that only a few of us still hang out here.  Heck, even I only pop my head in occasionally these days.  It's still like the Cheers bar, ya know?

EDIT: Anyway, my weekend haps: Halloween Comic Fest on Saturday was a bust, but today's (Sunday) music studio recording session was fantastic.  Is the universe trying to tell me something?
« Last Edit: October 28, 2018, 06:22:28 PM by Goblin Shark »
You can brag about your 5000+ friends on social media all you want, but riddle me this: how many of them would help you move?

Frostillicus

• View Profile
« Reply #20443 on: October 29, 2018, 08:51:16 AM »
Especially because we have such a great group here (yes, even Frostillicus!)...

"Movies are better than people. You don't have to smell who you're watching." ~ Baby Cakes

Greganox

• View Profile
« Reply #20444 on: November 01, 2018, 08:33:58 AM »
On the October 26th weekend I stayed at Portland, Oregon for a friend's bachelor party. This was my first time staying in the city and it was a blast. A lot of my friends and I are beer nerds so we visited a lot of breweries.