Author Topic: Whats the haps?

Lazlowe1984

• Restricted Members
  • Centurion
    • View Profile
Re: What's the haps?
« Reply #3825 on: September 14, 2011, 05:19:25 PM »
Ugggh someone get me out of my family's party.No booze,too many kids and we ran out of steak.

Azrael

• View Profile
« Reply #3826 on: September 14, 2011, 08:48:11 PM »
Will post link later or you could google it, but, in some crazy absolutely fucked up news:

The actor who played Dr. Evil's sidekick henchman (the Korean dude who threw shoes) was arrested and faces life in prison without parole for the kidnapping, torture, and rape of a woman. In fact, he may already have been sentenced, not sure. He admitted guilt to the charge and the description of what he and a friend did to that woman is pretty horrific. The crime was committed years ago, before the Austin Powers movies, and the only reason he got caught was because he was arrested on fucking vandalism charges and was forced to submit DNA as part of the arrest.

Fei

• !?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3827 on: September 14, 2011, 09:01:33 PM »
My girlfriend looks like Catherine, but acts like Katherine.

There is a forest fire in northeastern Minnesota, stinking up the already cow-poop scented air in Wisconsin.

Gamestop wouldn't accept this iPhone I was given because it had a crack in it!  I know it's dumb to trade expensive stuff in to Gamestop, but the reality is that I won't ever bother monitoring an Amazon account, as much as I feel I should be heavily engaged in online trade.

This means I have to pay for Dark Souls almost 2 weeks early, because I get paid almost 2 weeks before its release, and I'm a squanderer when it comes to money.

Whats the fapssss

Demon_Princess_Kay

• Banninated
    • View Profile
    • My 1up page
« Reply #3828 on: September 14, 2011, 09:12:43 PM »
fapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfap

Alisha

• View Profile
« Reply #3829 on: September 14, 2011, 09:52:18 PM »
lol

“Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from.”

Yoda

• Fear is the Mind Killer
  • Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light
    • View Profile
« Reply #3830 on: September 14, 2011, 11:28:15 PM »
derp derp

Darklight

• View Profile
« Reply #3831 on: September 14, 2011, 11:45:58 PM »
A while back , I said in the haps, a friend murdered her father. Well she did, she stole a gun from a rifle club, invited him over, shot him in the head. She is schizophrenic, No idea whats going to happen with this. It is nowhere near as easy to get gun's here as it is in the states. Speaking of gun's, what's wrong with Utah?

Commander Jubby Shepard

• What do you call a kid with no arms and an eye patch? Names.
  • If you come back you will find me a very grave man
    • View Profile
« Reply #3832 on: September 14, 2011, 11:50:20 PM »
Had to go to a fancy restaurant for my dad/ grandpa's birthday. I hate fancy restaurants because the charge $30+ for what I could get licking the floor of a gas station restroom. AND THEY WOULDN'T SERVE DRINKS IN ANYTHING BUT WINE GLASSES. That means non-stop spilling for me.
If it'll hold Jello, Utah will put Jello in it.

Tooker

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3833 on: September 15, 2011, 12:15:48 AM »
Speaking of gun's, what's wrong with Utah?

I'm not sure I see the connection, except that my family's from Utah and both my brother and dad are really really into guns.  Honestly, there's a lot good about Utah.  If you like the outdoors, I'm not sure there are many better places to be - you have a giant lake, mountains to hike, rock climb, or ski, the red rocks in the south where you can hike or go on crazy jeep drives, and the list goes on.  The crime rate is generally low, and the cities are really clean.

But there are bad things too.  If you like alcohol, most folks will tell you that the liquor laws there are crazy.  And even though I don't like alcohol, I'd be hard-pressed to disagree too strongly.  They've improved in some ways in recent years, but they've gotten dumber in other ways during the same time.  As a middle-class guy, I feel like the people around me are very into being just like each other and buying more than they can afford to compete with each other... but I'm not sure that'd be different if I went somewhere else.  And there's no denying that the LDS church has a lot of influence in the area.  But you know what?  If I lived in an area where 50% of the people belonged to some other church, that church would have a lot of influence. 

Oh, and as somewhere with a lot of God-Fearing Christians, it's a very conservative state.  So depending on your political stance, that could be a good thing or a bad thing.
Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand.
—Kurt Vonnegut

Darklight

• View Profile
« Reply #3834 on: September 15, 2011, 01:29:55 AM »
Well that's a pretty comprehensive response to "whats wrong with Utah"  You know, when I was in highschool, My dad was asked to transfer to Salt Lake City. We didn't go due to the mormon influence, we are a very non-religious breed here, As a matter of fact, I don't know anyone that believes in any kind of god.

What's guns got to do with anything is the question, regardless of Utah. You live in the states, Correct? And probably always have, idk. Gun's to the U.S is like candy to anywhere else. It's probably impossible for you to see this as it's how it's always been.

Azrael

• View Profile
« Reply #3835 on: September 15, 2011, 07:11:54 AM »
That's funny. Honestly, there are a lot of loud people who get pissy when gun control gets brought up, but I don't think guns are THAT bad here. This is also the first time I'm hearing the US get equated with guns in that way. Even outside of the US, I've never met anyone who thought of the US and guns that way.

Vanguard

• I am America, and I hate JRPGs
    • View Profile
« Reply #3836 on: September 15, 2011, 10:27:09 AM »
Well, NYC has very strict gun laws. That doesn't mean you can't get one, but to obtain one legally, you have to really have a reason to own one. My girlfriend carries pepper spray and had to submit all of her ID info to be stored in a database just to carry it.

In more rural areas, it's pretty insane. I'm sure anyone who saw Bowling for Columbine remembers the scene where Michael Moore was given a shotgun or rifle just for opening an account at a particular bank.

It strikes me as odd that you haven't encountered this perception before. If you do a quick Google search for "which country owns the most guns", the first result comes up showing that there are 90 guns for every 100 people. That statistic becomes even crazier when you look at the percentage of households that own guns: only 33% (or one-third). Put simply, the gun-owning population have enough firearms to arm an additional 60% of the population. That's just crazy. 
Thoren: Astronomers fucking love stars and shit. Whitman was a bitch.
Hidoshi: Walt Whitman could beat you with both dicks tied behind his back.

Azrael

• View Profile
« Reply #3837 on: September 15, 2011, 10:36:03 AM »
I guess I meant in the connotation that it came off as, like guns are EVERYWHERE. I lived in Central PA. Guns are VERY easy to get in PA. A lot of people have them. But if you don't really go hunting or shooting, you wouldn't realize how prevalent they are. The perception I get is like people think guns are so in your face over here, when they really aren't. Maybe I've been to the wrong places because I've been places where guns really are in your face, and people carry guns quite visibly (and that shit is scary). But again, I'm probably too ignorant for a lot of places to realize that stigma because I have seen Bowling for Columbine, and honestly thought that part was a bit stupid. The area he was in buying guns so easily is an area where hunting is a big deal and gun sport is big, and those areas tend to be pretty damn safe as far as gun crime goes. Like, in Central and Western PA, I wouldn't really be scared of getting shot even though I know most likely every home has several guns inside.

Vanguard

• I am America, and I hate JRPGs
    • View Profile
« Reply #3838 on: September 15, 2011, 11:09:51 AM »
For sure. Most people who own guns I would wager are hunters or marksmen and hit up the shooting range or the field. Sometimes accidents happen, and the best preventative to them is a gun safety course (which is already required).

Regarding your take on that scene in BFC, I think it misses the point. Gun ownership shouldn't be incentivized. It shouldn't be discouraged, but I think there is something inherently irresponsible in handing them out, as a previous poster said, like candy. When I go to the bank, I should be given a lollipop, not a 12-gauge.

Part of this is how our records are kept. At the time BFC was filmed, your gun purchase was only kept on record for 24-hours, and then the receipt was destroyed. Shit like this is just stupid and irresponsible. I can't remember if this has changed since.

I'm for gun legislation that makes sense. Bans on weapons that no one hunts with and well maintained records that never get destroyed.
Thoren: Astronomers fucking love stars and shit. Whitman was a bitch.
Hidoshi: Walt Whitman could beat you with both dicks tied behind his back.

Starmongoose

• Forum Moderator
  • Contributing Editor
  • I Mean Bismuth
    • View Profile
« Reply #3839 on: September 15, 2011, 01:10:52 PM »
I'm usualy rather private and don't share stuff about myself that I think is too personal, but I'm rather fragile right now. Some of you may know my boyfriend has been sick for some time. He went for tests a couple of weeks ago and we got the results today. It was not the news we were hoping for. He doesn't like me talking about it, so I won't say much more. I just...feel...ugh.

Penguin Boss Demands You Join Our Discord!

CLICK HERE TO BE TAKEN TO THE RPGFAN DISCORD