Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 20, 2014, 03:12:10 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Congratulations to Andrew Barker! RPGfan Editor of the Year and now Chief News Editor!
341071 Posts in 13940 Topics by 2222 Members
Latest Member: XanTehMan
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  What's the haps?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 452 453 [454] 455 456 ... 923 Print
Author Topic: What's the haps?  (Read 761927 times)
Yoda
Son of Dad

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6795 on: June 09, 2012, 12:13:01 PM »

Treated a few friends to dinner and drinks to celebrate my new jrb. We played cards against humanity (check it ou!) at the bar. Perfect night for a beer garden yesterday.

Today, Joliet for my nephew's baseball tourney. Getting some Chicken N Spice for lunch before that.
Monsoon
Electric Mayhem
Contributing Editor

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #6796 on: June 09, 2012, 01:10:47 PM »

Cards Against Humanity is fantastic.  Catan, Munchkin, and online trivia were the go-to games for me and my friends having board game nights until we discovered that a month or two ago.  It's like Apples to Apples but with a better premise and better cards.  Really fun stuff. 

MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6797 on: June 09, 2012, 09:59:44 PM »

Was gonna go to Panera for breakfast but realized I forgot to but sunscreen on and it was bright as fuck out so I walked back to Kroger to get some, decided I didn't want to haul a tube of that motherfucker around with me all day, then walked back to my apartment to put some on. By that point I didn't feel like going to Panera anymore so I ended up getting a mashed potato and spinach burrito from the Mexican restaurant for breakfast.

After that I tried walking back to High Street but it was too hot so I was like fuck it.

Then at 4:30 I headed out towards Clintonville to get dinner. Ate at Northstar. Got a thai burrito. went over to a game store after dinner and bought some DC + PSX stuff and headed over to Jeni's for icecream.

After getting ice cream, I was walking back to the Park of Roses and this kid comes up and asks if I heard about the Bilderberg (?) meeting. I stare at him, trying to figure up a whitty[sic] retort when he's all like "You're staring at me like I have five heads. You can check it out on the Alex Jones..."

The second he said Alex Jones, my mind's just like, goddammit.

So I took his advice and started staring at him like he literally had five heads, rapidly defocusing my eyes and looking frantically/panickedly at the area around his face. I then started shambling backwards in a half zombie, half crabwalk, half stroking out kind of gait. He starts laughing.

I turn around and skip off, eating my ice cream.

[1:01:57 AM] MeshGearFox: ahahaha
[1:01:58 AM] MeshGearFox: Oh fucking god
[1:02:00 AM] cpntDash "Phantomic": before it goes off
[1:02:01 AM] cpntDash "Phantomic": HAHAHAHA
[1:02:03 AM] MeshGearFox: I looked outside and thought it was snowing
[1:02:11 AM] MeshGearFox: but it was just like moths and gnats flying around the streetlight
« Last Edit: June 10, 2012, 12:58:47 AM by MeshGearFox » Logged

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

GrimReality
Dark Lord of Nostalgia

OK, options aren't SO bad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6798 on: June 10, 2012, 12:25:12 PM »

Treated a few friends to dinner and drinks to celebrate my new jrb. We played cards against humanity (check it ou!) at the bar. Perfect night for a beer garden yesterday.

Today, Joliet for my nephew's baseball tourney. Getting some Chicken N Spice for lunch before that.
Welcome to my lovely town. Keep your eyes focused straight ahead and all will be well.
p.s. I still haven't tried Chicken N Spice.
: - (

Playing: DA: Inquisition
Reading: Mistbron#3: Hero of Ages
MeshGearFox

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6799 on: June 10, 2012, 04:15:22 PM »

Wasn't tired last night so I walked out to Panera at like 6 in the morning. Didn't get to sleep till 9AM. Woke up at 1:30PM. Not really sure what day it is.

Only in colle-- wait.

---

Got lunch from the Afghan restaurant. Bread and daal and a yogurt drink. Consumed that. Played Mount & Blade most of the afternoon/evening maybe. Ate an apple, a protein bar, and yogurt for dinner. Someone remind me to water my plants.

Go go play FFV after listening to this Laurie Anderson thing I guess. Feeling better than I was this afternoon -- actually awake -- but jesus...

---

Torrented Big Science after hearing Dear Superman a few months ago on youtube, really liking it, and being unable to find an actual copy of the album anywhere. Did recall that I saw a copy of Homeland at Magnolia Thunderpussy and decided to check a review of it. Ended up on Pitchfork and caught this line:

"She's also crossed over in interesting and unexpected ways, whether voicing a singing tot in The Rugrats Movie"

Despite not having seen that movie since it came out, as it was terrible, I immediately remembered WHICH character, and that Anderson's line in that was followed shortly by a rather tasteless circumcision joke.  

This is relevant to something but I don't remember what.

---

Also found this out this morning: None of the Tim Hortons locations I see on their website seem to actually exist.

Anyway, OSU's out for the summer. I expect my apartment complex to depopulate soon.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2012, 10:53:53 PM by MeshGearFox » Logged

o/` I do not dream o/`

kyuusei
Mr. Lightning Bolt
Administrator

Blame the dragoon.

View Profile
« Reply #6800 on: June 11, 2012, 12:08:54 AM »

I caught nerd flu at E3.

NANOMACHINES, SON.
Bytor
Ego Enhancement Consultant

Hiding in Inaba

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6801 on: June 11, 2012, 07:17:32 AM »

Anyone else having trouble with the links at top of page, News, Reviews, Previews etc or is my browser possessed?

Everything's Eventual
kyuusei
Mr. Lightning Bolt
Administrator

Blame the dragoon.

View Profile
« Reply #6802 on: June 11, 2012, 03:24:04 PM »

We had a few server issues early this morning but things should be fine now. If not let us know!

NANOMACHINES, SON.
Yoda
Son of Dad

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6803 on: June 12, 2012, 01:47:33 PM »

http://hudsonhongo.com/danzig/
Dice
Dobbelstenen Muil
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #6804 on: June 12, 2012, 01:56:03 PM »

I caught nerd flu at E3.

Sounds sweaty and smelly?

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633
http://dice963.tumblr.com/

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
RAINBOW PIXEL POWER!!!
Dincrest
Spectrum
RPGFan Editor

Stumpy McGunder- thumps

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6805 on: June 12, 2012, 06:17:33 PM »

I'd love to tell you one of my sillier E3 escapades, but it would ruin the upcoming wrap-up feature.  

Next bike-a-thon: Diabetes Tour-de-Cure 2015
Bytor
Ego Enhancement Consultant

Hiding in Inaba

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6806 on: June 12, 2012, 07:02:21 PM »

We had a few server issues early this morning but things should be fine now. If not let us know!

thanks kyuusei, saw John's post right after I posted. Was actually kinda funny, I was seriously confused for a few mins!

Everything's Eventual
MeshGearFox

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6807 on: June 13, 2012, 01:54:11 AM »

Every day is the same.

o/` I do not dream o/`

Tomara

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6808 on: June 13, 2012, 03:35:52 AM »

I caught nerd flu at E3.

Oh, con crud. Yeah, that's a lot of fun... It's usually like a bad cold that doesn't want to leave, but depending on what people decided to neglect their health and hygiene, there's a good chance you could drag the flu home. Gaming fanatics are usually the cause of the bad outbreaks, journalists and other professionals not so much. Atleast they're sensible enough to eat, sleep, stay hydrated and wash their hands once in a while.
Dice
Dobbelstenen Muil
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #6809 on: June 13, 2012, 03:43:20 AM »

I caught nerd flu at E3.

Oh, con crud. Yeah, that's a lot of fun... It's usually like a bad cold that doesn't want to leave, but depending on what people decided to neglect their health and hygiene, there's a good chance you could drag the flu home. Gaming fanatics are usually the cause of the bad outbreaks, journalists and other professionals not so much. Atleast they're sensible enough to eat, sleep, stay hydrated and wash their hands once in a while.

Oh, that Fan Expo in Toronto.  It's humid indoors; the people make the heat, and the sweat makes the air...moist.

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633
http://dice963.tumblr.com/

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
RAINBOW PIXEL POWER!!!
Pages: 1 ... 452 453 [454] 455 456 ... 923 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: