Author Topic: Whats the haps?

MeshGearFox

• HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!
    • View Profile
Re: What's the haps?
« Reply #7575 on: September 19, 2012, 09:19:03 PM »
My apartment doesn't turn on the heat till October although my thermostat's broken anyway so damn.

Also my test lead was trying to converse with me today and expressed surprise that I don't live with my parents. What the fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu
« Last Edit: September 19, 2012, 09:35:31 PM by MeshGearFox »
o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

(Tunnels)

• Professional Thinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #7576 on: September 19, 2012, 09:41:28 PM »
Had an overall bad mental health day. I have some un-diagnosed anxiety issues, and caffeine tends to exaggerate them, and my dumb ass drank an energy drink AND a cup of coffee to wake up this morning. Result? I ended up obsessively worrying and was still tired anyway. Can't turn my brain off either, which is making doing homework kinda hard. Might just give up, call it a night, and see if a bud wants to do the RE6 demo co-op tonight.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2012, 09:44:17 PM by (Tunnels) »

GrimReality

• Dark Lord of Nostalgia
  • OK, options aren't SO bad
    • View Profile
« Reply #7577 on: September 19, 2012, 11:17:36 PM »
*shakes head*
As usual, I express an opinion on a religious issue and get jumped on for it. This is getting ridiculous. I was not disrespectful in the least! The guy sat there and prayed over his lunch(and did it again today) at normal volume. Anyone at the tables around us could hear. I didn't interrupt him. I didn't start eating. I just sat quietly and waited. No disrespect at all. Mentioning this on a rpg "haps" thread is hardly being disrespectful either. I'm pretty sure I'm allowed to express my opinion on the matter. I worked with another Christian fellow for awhile that also liked to pray at lunch time. The difference with him was that he did it at barely a whisper, and didn't expect everyone else to join in. I think that's the part I left out before. In the 12 years I've worked for him the guy has never asked me about my religion. He ASSUMES that everyone is Christian, just like him. He ASSUMES that everyone wants to pray openly like he does. To me, THAT is disrespectful of others. Heck, I'm pretty sure the bible itself has much to say about praying in public:
yup
http://www.openbible.info/topics/praying_in_public
(spoiler: You're not supposed to do it)

This has nothing to do with me being a non-believer, or mocking someone else's faith. When it comes down to it I am ALWAYS respectful. I obviously don't agree with it, but I would never try and take it away from them. All I ask is that they keep it to themselves.

I swear, some people around here use any excuse to jump on me. For once I'd like to hear from someone who actually kind of sort of might possibly agree with me. Sheesh.

I should just delete this. I really don't want another religious conversation, and I'm sure the editors don't either. Ah, whatever.
Playing: DA: Inquisition
Reading: The Backyard Parables

Dice

• I'm fart and I'm smunny
  • AMG A GIRL
  • RPGFan and Dice forever...
    • View Profile
    • My DeviantArt site!  Come, stay, laugh, cry.
« Reply #7578 on: September 19, 2012, 11:47:01 PM »
How do you feel about Muslims who take times during the day to pull out a mat (some of them) and go on their hands and knees to pray??

The chef I used to work with did his prayers while he worked, stopped everything to do them.

It may not be important to you, but it is to them.  It doesn't hurt anyone, it's not necessarily "wrong" to do, so let them.

Praying aloud in a normal-volume voice is a bit weird, I get that -- but I think you're making mountains from molehills.

If you don't want another religious debate, then I think this is the wrong place to keep bringing up how you dislike Christian practice stuff (curious though; how do you feel about the other religions??  You have no problem vocalizing your "issues" with Christians).
http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633
http://dice963.tumblr.com/

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
RAINBOW PIXEL POWER!!!

Ashton

• Lawful Asshole
    • View Profile
    • Leyviur.net
« Reply #7579 on: September 20, 2012, 01:57:14 AM »
*shakes head*
As usual, I express an opinion on a religious issue and get jumped on for it. This is getting ridiculous. I was not disrespectful in the least! The guy sat there and prayed over his lunch(and did it again today) at normal volume. Anyone at the tables around us could hear. I didn't interrupt him. I didn't start eating. I just sat quietly and waited. No disrespect at all. Mentioning this on a rpg "haps" thread is hardly being disrespectful either. I'm pretty sure I'm allowed to express my opinion on the matter. I worked with another Christian fellow for awhile that also liked to pray at lunch time. The difference with him was that he did it at barely a whisper, and didn't expect everyone else to join in. I think that's the part I left out before. In the 12 years I've worked for him the guy has never asked me about my religion. He ASSUMES that everyone is Christian, just like him. He ASSUMES that everyone wants to pray openly like he does. To me, THAT is disrespectful of others. Heck, I'm pretty sure the bible itself has much to say about praying in public:
yup
http://www.openbible.info/topics/praying_in_public
(spoiler: You're not supposed to do it)

This has nothing to do with me being a non-believer, or mocking someone else's faith. When it comes down to it I am ALWAYS respectful. I obviously don't agree with it, but I would never try and take it away from them. All I ask is that they keep it to themselves.

I swear, some people around here use any excuse to jump on me. For once I'd like to hear from someone who actually kind of sort of might possibly agree with me. Sheesh.

I should just delete this. I really don't want another religious conversation, and I'm sure the editors don't either. Ah, whatever.
It's not that we're jumping on you, it's just that you seem somewhat intolerant of it ('making a scene,' thinking he assumes everyone else is Christian, etc.). I mean, if had just said it was weird because you rarely see that, fine. But you go out of you way to say things like 'who does that?' etc. It's like the whole Elevator Gate shenanigans (google it, but be prepare to vomit with anger) but less stupid since you're not being a total asshole about it, just coming off as a bit theophobic.

And I don't read the boards that much but I haven't seen many instances of you being jumped on - correct me if I'm wrong.

Yoda

• Fear is the Mind Killer
  • Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light
    • View Profile
« Reply #7580 on: September 20, 2012, 03:34:33 AM »
Nah, I've jumped down his throat many a time! :D

Ashton

• Lawful Asshole
    • View Profile
    • Leyviur.net
« Reply #7581 on: September 20, 2012, 03:36:22 AM »
Is that another one of your euphemisms?

Lard

• View Profile
« Reply #7582 on: September 20, 2012, 05:39:19 AM »
My apartment doesn't turn on the heat till October although my thermostat's broken anyway so damn.

Korean floor heating <3
I avoid online multiplayer because my brain still works.

Alisha

• View Profile
« Reply #7583 on: September 20, 2012, 07:43:12 AM »
i despise most religeons. i'm not sure who's weaker he who can blindly believe something or he who cant? anyways i think i know how he feels. its like some lady in a restaurant with a crying baby she cant calm down. it draws attention to you.

“Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from.”

GrimReality

• Dark Lord of Nostalgia
  • OK, options aren't SO bad
    • View Profile
« Reply #7584 on: September 20, 2012, 09:23:51 AM »
How do you feel about Muslims who take times during the day to pull out a mat (some of them) and go on their hands and knees to pray??

The chef I used to work with did his prayers while he worked, stopped everything to do them.

It may not be important to you, but it is to them.  It doesn't hurt anyone, it's not necessarily "wrong" to do, so let them.

Praying aloud in a normal-volume voice is a bit weird, I get that -- but I think you're making mountains from molehills.

If you don't want another religious debate, then I think this is the wrong place to keep bringing up how you dislike Christian practice stuff (curious though; how do you feel about the other religions??  You have no problem vocalizing your "issues" with Christians).
I have never personally dealt with any Muslims, so i really don't have an opinion on the matter. Not out side of the usual "it's all nonsense" business, anyway. But I believe that whole praying to Meccah(sp?) thing is in their holy book, and just something they have to do, right? Their book doesn't tell them NOT to do it, but they do it anyway. Kind of like how passages in the Christian bible specifically say NOT to publicize you're praying. Why follow some of it, and ignore the rest? The whole "cherry picking" thing is kind of annoying, and hypocritical.
Dice, I focus on Christianity because that's what I was raised in, and that's what I deal with every day. Plus, they are the ones that seem the most interested in getting involved in other peoples lives. Just look at our Republican party. It's scary.

Nah, I've jumped down his throat many a time! :D
Ha! *ding ding ding!* We get along just fine most of the time. Yodes just wants me to shut up when it comes to religion, and I don't blame him.

Ya know, Alisha kind of has it right. I don't like having attention drawn to me, and by doing what he does, it most certainly does that. Or at least to our table. Plus, by being with them, I am lumped under the religious umbrella, and I most certainly don't want that.
I have a complex when it comes to being one of the masses. I am not a sheep. I am an individual who doesn't believe in the same nonsense(IMHO) that so many others do. Not just in a religious sense, but in so many other things.
Yes, I have deep psychological issues. At least I'm aware of them. *shrugs*

Playing: DA: Inquisition
Reading: The Backyard Parables

Annubis

• ee yan~☆
    • View Profile
« Reply #7585 on: September 20, 2012, 09:59:59 AM »
Yes, I have deep psychological issues. At least I'm aware of them. *shrugs*

That's the difference between being crazy or sane ;)

Dice

• AMG A GIRL
    • View Profile
« Reply #7586 on: September 20, 2012, 10:41:10 AM »

Korean floor heating <3

That sounds like one of the best reasons to move there right now.

RAINBOW PIXEL POWER!!!

Lard

• View Profile
« Reply #7587 on: September 20, 2012, 10:56:07 AM »

I'm a little surprised to hear that TO is already so cold in Sept actually.
I avoid online multiplayer because my brain still works.

Dice

• AMG A GIRL
    • View Profile
« Reply #7588 on: September 20, 2012, 01:08:53 PM »

I'm a little surprised to hear that TO is already so cold in Sept actually.

It's better today, it was unseasonably cold yesterday though.  Yeah, it was just one day, but yeah I'm still complaining.

Haps:  My Valentines poster was rejected *after* it was initially accepted!  I took on TWO project dates in Weeks 3 and 4 of school (and another one Week 5) because it WAS accepted and I could get on with my merry ways.  C'MON. x(
Why do "head of departments" have their "department heads" up their asses???

RAINBOW PIXEL POWER!!!

Raziel

• Megaten Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #7589 on: September 20, 2012, 08:27:46 PM »