Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 01, 2014, 08:29:12 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
327989 Posts in 13432 Topics by 2169 Members
Latest Member: KopeAcetic
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  What's the haps?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 612 613 [614] 615 616 ... 871 Print
Author Topic: What's the haps?  (Read 647978 times)
Klyde Chroma
Pool of Thorns Groupie

If Hitler was an introvert, he'd be me.

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #9195 on: April 06, 2013, 10:25:47 PM »

how the fuck much should a used PSP cost
First gen PSPs should run you more than the others, due to the more limited nature of them. 2000 and 3000s should be in the area of 100 bucks. Psp go isn't worth buying so don't bother.

I used to think the same thing, but I do feel now there exists one exception in regard to the "go" being the inferior model.

That is, if you only plan on getting digital copies of your games and only playing on the TV via the lovely audio out function (AKA the coolest feature ever sported on a handheld console) than the "go" is cool simply for the sake that you could use a ps3 controller with it and have it function purely as a home console at that point.

In every other respect the "go" is without a doubt, NOT the model to get.... Go for the 3000 or 2000 I say. There is a difference in graphic quality between the 2000 and 3000 but it is subjective really. I prefer the 3000 personally.

Last thing to note, if modding is a concern of yours, Mesh, then go for the 2000.

... you didn't hear that from me **wink**

Pre-owned at Gamestop with a pro-membership you can nab one for 50-60 bucks.

Klyde Chroma / XBox Live Network
Triscal-Goddess / PSN
 Remember, DON'T do drugs... an owl will tear your face off.
MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9196 on: April 06, 2013, 11:05:13 PM »

Play It! had 1000s for 60, and 2000s for 70 I think. Guy made it sound like the 3000 wasn't worth it.

Did tits ever a get a UMD release?

Also Sega should like totally license SSF and start selling Panzer Dragoon Saga on steam.

Anyway, today was... epic.

Woke up at 11:30, went out to Clintonville by way of the Olentangy River Trail/Whetsone-Park of Roses. Got breakfast at Northstar (ricotta pancakse), then went over to Play It! to price PSPs. Didn't get one (probably gonna go back tomorrow and get one + Star Ocean 1 remake), but they did have Jade Cocoon so I picked that up. Walked back to my apartment, dropped off Jade Cocoon and my coat, then headed out to Grandview. Stopped at Kroger first to get coconut water.

Went to Giant Eagle out in Grandview to get cash, then headed over to Acorn Booksellers to get some Delany books. Headed over to Super Game Team to price PSPs (They were the same price). Then I walked back to my apartment somehow. Ate food. Posted here. Etc.

About 7:30, I took a bus out to the short north cause it was a gallery hop night. Got there at 8. Got coffee. Had pizza for dinner. There were a bunch of fursuiters walking around. Also saw some gay dudes holding hands and felt pangs of FOREVER ALONE.

Decided to head home close to 10ish. WEnt to the Arena district. Couldn't find a bus stop cause the 7 and 18 routes are not symmetric for north and southbound routes. Had to run over to the courthouse/capital building to actually get a bus.

Currently... typing here and drinking a malta goya and eating a cookie. Not actually drinking the malta yet. Tripping like 30 balls right now. Need Growlanser  2.

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9197 on: April 06, 2013, 11:21:02 PM »

Klyde, you know they made component A/V cables for all psps, right? I've owned a set for quite some time. It may only work with the 2000 and beyond as that's the one I own, but I kkow it works. I used to play Phantasy Star Portable 2 using the psp bridge program on the PS3 with my psp hooked up to my tv. Twas quite nice.

Honestly, if you're concerned with CFW, the 1000 is the best variation as it has far more possibilities. 2k is slightly less but easier to install the CFW (no need for hardware mods like the pandora battery iirc), and 3k is the hardest to mod and least custom stuff available. The pspgo is a piece of shit, as if you want digital only you may as well save up for a vita.

Also, yes mesh, TitS did see a UMD release, though idk what kind of availability there is for it now.

TASTY!
Draak

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9198 on: April 06, 2013, 11:52:07 PM »

Check both 2000 and 3000 systems. The interlace was sometimes noticeable to me in the 3k models, but I'm the kind of person who was bothered by the larger horizontal gaps between pixels in the top 3DS XL screen. I'd also recommend you nab a Sony stamina battery pack if you end up getting a PSP and liking it enough. You'll never worry about being near an outlet again.
Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #9199 on: April 07, 2013, 12:10:56 AM »

Yes, but don't count on it for the rest of the series (if they even come out on PSP...).

Agent D., Klyde was pointing out (correctly) that the PSP Go has bluetooth and can work with a normal PS3 controller which is kind of handy when you're playing it on the TV (though I don't know when else you would want to to that...).

I really recommend getting a grip for the PSP.  I find the system incredibly uncomfortable without one.  But maybe that's just me.

Klyde Chroma
Pool of Thorns Groupie

If Hitler was an introvert, he'd be me.

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #9200 on: April 07, 2013, 12:32:14 AM »

Yes, but don't count on it for the rest of the series (if they even come out on PSP...).

Agent D., Klyde was pointing out (correctly) that the PSP Go has bluetooth and can work with a normal PS3 controller which is kind of handy when you're playing it on the TV (though I don't know when else you would want to to that...).

I really recommend getting a grip for the PSP.  I find the system incredibly uncomfortable without one.  But maybe that's just me.

Thats for clarifying my point kevadu!

Yes I have used all models capable of being hooked to the tv (2000, 3000 and go). The "go" has the nicest "tv setup" going for it due to the blue tooth deal but I personally use the 3000 because I own so many UMD's. The 3000 has a slightly better color vibrancy going for it on the tv compared to the 2000. However, NOT hooked up the tv I actually liked the 2000 more... but that is not how klyde plays his psp, no sir...

First a word about Trails in the Sky... hands down, without even thinking about it, absolute must buy/play. One of the best games I played in years. The only thing holding it back is the lack of localized sequels.

And now a word of warning on Star Ocean first departure... while looks may prove decieving,  it is NOT star ocean 2 quality by any stetch. I'm not saying its a terrible game... what I am saying though is that, while I love the PSP Star Ocean 2, in hinesight I actually appreciate the original super famicom star ocean in terms of the first.

Lastly...

and felt pangs of FOREVER ALONE.

... I know those pangs all too well, my heavily-sugared comrad! But fear not!! If I have learned anything from anime and JRPG's it is that eventually everyone makes friends and discovers love! And if I don't well I figure I've seen enough of it in the aforementioned media to get the picture...

Klyde Chroma / XBox Live Network
Triscal-Goddess / PSN
 Remember, DON'T do drugs... an owl will tear your face off.
MeshGearFox

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9201 on: April 07, 2013, 01:15:32 AM »

Yeah, the SNES SO1 looked more interesting to me for various reasons, such as not having an overworld map, although I couldn't get a handle on the dandle of the battle system.

Anyway, 2000 sounds like it has the mix of being able to be hooked up to a TV + not difficult to mod, so I guess I'll go with that. Unless you can hook the 1000 up to a TV..? The 2000 they had at the store was scratched to hell.

Also it sounds like the second and third tits are getting localized at some point. tbh, while I'd rather have the UMD version of the game, I'd be buying it used, and getting it from the PSN might, in some minuscule way, improve the odds of the other two getting localized in a more timely fashion. By which point they'll be Vita exclusive and that won't help me anyway. WELP.

o/` I do not dream o/`

Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #9202 on: April 07, 2013, 01:23:40 AM »

By which point they'll be Vita exclusive and that won't help me anyway. WELP.

That's probably not going to happen.  There isn't even a Vita version of the games (well, not a native one, the PSP version runs fine on the Vita).

What is likely to happen is we'll see the PC versions released on Steam at some point.

MeshGearFox

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9203 on: April 07, 2013, 01:49:46 AM »

By which point they'll be Vita exclusive and that won't help me anyway. WELP.

That's probably not going to happen.  There isn't even a Vita version of the games (well, not a native one, the PSP version runs fine on the Vita).

What is likely to happen is we'll see the PC versions released on Steam at some point.

I thought Falcom quit PC development after the Ys Chronicles port..?

Also I walked like 20? some miles today I can eat however the damn ass much sugar I damn ass want to! DAMN!!! ASS!!!
« Last Edit: April 07, 2013, 01:56:32 AM by MeshGearFox » Logged

o/` I do not dream o/`

Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #9204 on: April 07, 2013, 03:44:25 AM »

I thought Falcom quit PC development after the Ys Chronicles port..?

Well, the PC versions of Trails in the Sky came first, actually.  They were later re-released for PSP with a few minor enhancements.  Zero no Kiseki was the first title to be native to the PSP.  I believe there's a Chinese PC port or something of it, but it wasn't done by Falcom...

But given the state of the PSP market in the US Xseed is looking into releasing Trails on PC.  Who knows what they would do after that, though at the speed they're going just releasing SC and TC is going to take quite a while so I guess there's no sense in worrying about what comes next...

Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9205 on: April 07, 2013, 06:28:41 PM »

My dad bought a new laptop, literally 3 weeks ago, and has used it perhaps 4 times. I walk past him using it just now, and see a pop up for some pc cleaner program and a website for some other bullshit. Literally 4th time he turned the goddam thing on and he's already fucking wrecked it. No warranty, no protection, bought no antivirus software or anything, and has made no attempt to not do the same thing he did to the last 4 computers he's destroyed in the last 8 years....

People wonder why I don't pc game....having a computer in my house is a bad idea generally.

TASTY!
Akanbe-

Cheap? I paid a lot for this hat!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #9206 on: April 07, 2013, 06:50:32 PM »

WARNING! WARNING! A BLATANT PLEA FOR MORAL SUPPORT IS ABOUT TO BE LET LOOSE!

Well guys, in the wake of my "lets quit sweet n' low" experiment I have determined that I must give up the "taste" of sweet. I have come to the conclusion that I am highly addicted to sweet tasting things and (strange or simple as it may seem) it is the root of great strife for me. This effort is irrelevant in regard to weight (as by anyone standards I don't think a full grown adult male of 125-130 lbs needs to lose) and is purely in the interest of better cognition and saving money.

I never really looked at how disrupting the "tasting of sweet things" is to my life (and wallet). Upon examination I came to some startling conclusions...

1.I spent well over 100 dollars on non-nutritional food items in the last 3 days (things I didn't need but just simply wanted because they were sweet).

2.I will literally not consume meat, vegetables or ANYTHING if I can't sweeten it somehow.

3. I will and am late for things because I can't stop drinking sweet coffee.

4. (Dumb as this may sound, it is the most disturbing point to me) I watch less anime then I have in the past and play less games to acomodate my sweet coffee habit.

5. I drink 1 gallon of almond milk a day or more. If I don't sweeten it, I don't even want a single glass.

6. I find myself distracted by the thought of sweet things at the most odd times, this is becoming too frequent to point of almost constant. While I am tattooing, playing games, running, drawing, driving... you name it.

I can go on but you get the idea. I am very distressed over this situation. While I am happy and hopeful at the prospect of making a positive change in my life... I FEEL FREAKIN' WEAK AT THE KNEES OVER IT!!!

I don't know why I am even posting this crap... I just feel like garbage over the whole thing and needed to vent I guess. As I have expressed in the past, this is my preferred social outlet and I have somehow come to identify you all as my friends... As such, you must put up with my ellipses and whining-LoL

But seriously, I feel so down about all this it isn't even funny. I could have paid my electric bill, paid off soul hacks and pandoras tower, probably watched a entire season of anime and easily have beaten persona 2 IS in the last 14 days if I wasn't "sweet" addicted.

The kicker? Because of my limited diet I can only have certain things that aren't always the easiest to find... the other night at 2 am I drove over 40 miles to buy one of my "sweet treats" because my local store was sold out... as I was counting change to fill my tank and drive back ( because I spent all the cash I had on me to stock up)  the thought occurred to me " Klyde... there is something wrong here..."

On the upside, it only took about 1 full day to stop seriously craving the sweet n' low so I can't imagine this being too bad...

I think Klyde might be the most interesting person in this forum America.  What sweat treat did you drive 40+ miles for?

People wonder why I don't pc game....having a computer in my house is a bad idea generally.

Could make your own partition.

"Karma is...secret top tier"~Starmongoose
PSN ID: Akanbe9
MeshGearFox

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9207 on: April 07, 2013, 10:29:47 PM »

Could also get your own laptop.

Anyway, 8PM I get this urge to go out and go for a walk. Figure I'll go to UDF and get ice cream. End up going to Red Robin first, THEN getting ice cream, and fuck it's late. That's two nights in a row I went out.

Anyway, so I had a bunch of TUrkish coffee for lunch, got a nice caffeine bus from it all day I guess, uh, downed a kombucha which may have gotten me slightly buzzed, idk, but about rightafter I got my ice cream I kind of crashed and dropped into a state of waking hypnogogia, just kind of stood around on a bridge fucking with getting the paper off of my ice cream cone (failed. idk how much paper I eat a year), became acutely aware that my umwelt had become realigned, anyway get home, apparently I was idling in some chatroom with one of the MLP show staff (what the fuck)? Currently drinking a gatorade.

Anyway so when I was walking back I'm thinking like, how the words for to drink and father are really similar in Hindi, and how the Swedish word for food is almost the same as the Russian word for mother. And this makes a lot of sense 'cause your mother is the first person that provides you with food, if you think about it, and your dad was a raging drunk. And the Spanish word for potato and father are also really similar, 'cause his poison of choice was vodka.

So it's like, mama, mammary, mammal. Mother is the mammal aspect; father is the lizard aspect. This is the strange tripartite ergative syzygy we've all subconsciously chosen to back ourselves into.

Just choked on Gatorade. Fuck.

Also realized I've been frequenting RPGfan for over half of my life.

Alternively want a Moxie and never drink caffeine again.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2013, 12:46:37 AM by MeshGearFox » Logged

o/` I do not dream o/`

Yoda
Sexton Hardcastle

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9208 on: April 08, 2013, 11:08:09 AM »

Could also get your own laptop.

Anyway, 8PM I get this urge to go out and go for a walk. Figure I'll go to UDF and get ice cream. End up going to Red Robin first, THEN getting ice cream, and fuck it's late. That's two nights in a row I went out.

Anyway, so I had a bunch of TUrkish coffee for lunch, got a nice caffeine bus from it all day I guess, uh, downed a kombucha which may have gotten me slightly buzzed, idk, but about rightafter I got my ice cream I kind of crashed and dropped into a state of waking hypnogogia, just kind of stood around on a bridge fucking with getting the paper off of my ice cream cone (failed. idk how much paper I eat a year), became acutely aware that my umwelt had become realigned, anyway get home, apparently I was idling in some chatroom with one of the MLP show staff (what the fuck)? Currently drinking a gatorade.

Anyway so when I was walking back I'm thinking like, how the words for to drink and father are really similar in Hindi, and how the Swedish word for food is almost the same as the Russian word for mother. And this makes a lot of sense 'cause your mother is the first person that provides you with food, if you think about it, and your dad was a raging drunk. And the Spanish word for potato and father are also really similar, 'cause his poison of choice was vodka.

So it's like, mama, mammary, mammal. Mother is the mammal aspect; father is the lizard aspect. This is the strange tripartite ergative syzygy we've all subconsciously chosen to back ourselves into.

Just choked on Gatorade. Fuck.

Also realized I've been frequenting RPGfan for over half of my life.

Alternively want a Moxie and never drink caffeine again.

Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #9209 on: April 08, 2013, 12:25:41 PM »

Me on the internet every so often.

http://society6.com/Dice963
Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Pages: 1 ... 612 613 [614] 615 616 ... 871 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: