Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 25, 2014, 04:37:18 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
327437 Posts in 13407 Topics by 2169 Members
Latest Member: KopeAcetic
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  What's the haps?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 618 619 [620] 621 622 ... 869 Print
Author Topic: What's the haps?  (Read 640588 times)
Akanbe-

Cheap? I paid a lot for this hat!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #9285 on: April 16, 2013, 05:52:06 PM »

If they could pull Dallas and move it somewhere else, that sure would be swell.

Also, does he need more expensive headphones for that to work?  Do cheaper ones come/work with an amp jack? 

The 70 dollar Sennheisers make everything sound like I'm listening to a radio. What price range am I supposed to look at before things start getting good?

Mine were 120ish and I think they sound pretty decent.  I'm by no means an audiophile but they're comfortable and sound good.  Sennheiser HD 555

"Karma is...secret top tier"~Starmongoose
XBL ID: Akanbe
PSN ID: Akanbe9
Twitter@AkanbeRPG
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9286 on: April 16, 2013, 06:20:05 PM »

Better clarity means you'll hear the shitty quality, kinda like playing an old ps1 game on a ps3, them pixels look sssoooooo clear.

TASTY!
MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9287 on: April 16, 2013, 10:44:05 PM »

Fuck it, I think my laptop's sound device is just fucked up. The headphones don't sound particularly problematic on my Walkman.

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

Parn

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9288 on: April 16, 2013, 11:35:43 PM »

My PS3 is dead.  Not happy.
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9289 on: April 16, 2013, 11:37:27 PM »

Dead as in Ylod, or dead as in hammer to the system whilst playing that freaky song from little big planet dead?

TASTY!
Yoda
Sexton Hardcastle

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9290 on: April 17, 2013, 12:04:11 AM »

Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #9291 on: April 17, 2013, 12:21:20 AM »

If it is a YLOD then I can personally attest that they are, in fact, fixable.  Been over three months since I fixed mine and the old girl is still running.

Yoda
Sexton Hardcastle

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9292 on: April 17, 2013, 12:33:39 AM »

The only console problem I ever had was buying a Jaguar.

Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9293 on: April 17, 2013, 12:45:55 AM »

New haps, I've been concerned recently with circulation problems. Since I started the heavy weightlifting, I frequently get pins and needles all over my arms when I lay down in certain positions or when I press my elbows down on my legs or any other surface for a short while, generally under 3 minutes. I'm mildly scared of what may be the reason, as I've been asking some of the people who lift regularly at my gym, and most of them say it's an enflamed nerve...which I don't buy. I don't really want to go see a doctor because I know if I go, I can guarantee a fucking shitton of problems they'll tell me I need to address, to give up the weight lifting, and probably have me start taking medication for some shit I probably have and never dealt with, like diabetes (both parents have/had it, many family members have it). Personally, I could give a fuck if it's not gonna kill me, and if I can deal with it as I am right now, I don't care to address it. I blame alot of the discomfort I feel daily on my fucking broken ass mattress, which is shaped at an obtuse angle so my ass recedes fairly deep while sleeping, and I'm too broke/cheap to buy a new mattress.

On the plus side, I pulled up 300lbs on a t-bar row yesterday, which is 6 plates +bar weight. Sadly, rep 4 resulted in said weight dropping when I went to return it to its rest. I tried doing it on a standard olympic bar, but for those of you familiar with the t-bar row exercise, having 200+ lbs at one end and nothing at the other makes it very difficult to lift up without the other side flying up and clocking you in the penis. Had to use the machine which is way harder for less effect. Still, that's a pretty awesome number.

TASTY!
MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9294 on: April 17, 2013, 12:47:36 AM »

Augh. Sort of debating picking up another PS2 to have on hand in case mine dies, since they quit making them.

(Unlike LINK398, I actually have money to buy this stuff. I'm just deliriously cheap for things that aren't food).

Anyway, currently rewriting my design docs for that game engine I wrote when I was a senior in college. I want to translate it into Common Lisp and focus on end-user functionality. This might mean removing some of my arbitrary limits, like maps having to be 32 x 32 tiles with no scrolling.

Agent D, that sounds like a pinched or enflamed nerve. I think if you had circulation problems you'd be getting pain or cold spots.

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9295 on: April 17, 2013, 01:13:06 AM »

I thought circulation because it's heriditary in my dad's side of the family, especially in the legs. However, you do bring up a solid point Mesh. The pain isn't nearly bad enough to be a pinched nerve though, I think. Enflamed just seems really....idk, minor for me to worry about I think.

TASTY!
Starmongoose
Contributing Editor

Vicious Feminist

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9296 on: April 17, 2013, 12:41:30 PM »

Real men just hack off the limb, Agent D.

SAVE THE PENGUIN!

Here to suck the fun out of games.
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9297 on: April 17, 2013, 01:06:13 PM »

Dude, if I lose an arm or my eyesight, I'm killing myself. I refuse to live without the ability to use both hands or see what I'm doing.

TASTY!
Klyde Chroma
Pool of Thorns Groupie

If Hitler was an introvert, he'd be me.

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #9298 on: April 17, 2013, 02:05:58 PM »

Augh. Sort of debating picking up another PS2 to have on hand in case mine dies, since they quit making them.

(Unlike LINK398, I actually have money to buy this stuff. I'm just deliriously cheap for things that aren't food).

Anyway, currently rewriting my design docs for that game engine I wrote when I was a senior in college. I want to translate it into Common Lisp and focus on end-user functionality. This might mean removing some of my arbitrary limits, like maps having to be 32 x 32 tiles with no scrolling.

Agent D, that sounds like a pinched or enflamed nerve. I think if you had circulation problems you'd be getting pain or cold spots.

On the ps2 note, that actually is not a bad idea. I think I should do the same given the size of my library...

However my purpose for posting mesh, is actually because while I was going for my daily jog with my 3ds to amass play-coins I thought of you! Given how much you walk, if you get one of these and keep it on you whilst traveling you'll be rolling in the coins my friend! Just something I thought of cause you mentioned toying with idea of getting one in the SMT thread.

In other news, Siliconera had enough awesome announcements as of late to officially make me feel over-loaded today. This is seriously shaping up to be the best year for RPGs in quite some time by my estimate.

Klyde Chroma / XBox Live Network
Triscal-Goddess / PSN
 Remember, DON'T do drugs... an owl will tear your face off.
Annubis

Something something like a tiger

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9299 on: April 17, 2013, 02:07:34 PM »

Dude, if I lose an arm or my eyesight, I'm killing myself. I refuse to live without the ability to use both hands or see what I'm doing.

So you 'dual wield' it, huh?
Pages: 1 ... 618 619 [620] 621 622 ... 869 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: