Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 01, 2014, 06:32:22 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
327985 Posts in 13431 Topics by 2169 Members
Latest Member: KopeAcetic
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  What's the haps?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 635 636 [637] 638 639 ... 871 Print
Author Topic: What's the haps?  (Read 647879 times)
Bytor
Ego Enhancement Consultant

Hiding in Inaba

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9540 on: May 25, 2013, 11:33:48 AM »

Reaalxing is EXACTLY my plan all weekend, that and watch the French Open!

Everything's Eventual
Annubis

Something something like a tiger

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9541 on: May 25, 2013, 09:09:47 PM »

A prostitute offered me her services near my place. I felt bad for her and disgusted that there's nothing I can do to help her.
MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9542 on: May 25, 2013, 10:59:35 PM »

Saw some JP Saturn game that looked sort of Zelda-ish. Had you playing as a... vampire or werewolf I think. Any idea what that might've been?

--- edit ---

It was Willy Wombat, nevermind.

Went to Michigan with my mom. Picked up some neat stuff while I was there.

GBV - Devil Between my Toes
GBV - Sandbox
GBV - Self Inflicted Aerial Nostalgia

(So now I have most of the stuff from Box, except King Shit and the Golden Boys. Which they didn't have. Oh well).

GBV - Isolation Drills
XTC - Drums and Wires
Mirah - C'mon Miracle

Gungriffon
Panzer Dragon Zwei
Dynamite Decca 2

Basically I am a consumer whore. Oh welp.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2013, 01:50:41 AM by MeshGearFox » Logged

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

Raziel

Megaten Fan

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9543 on: May 26, 2013, 12:22:39 AM »

Debating on whether or not to take a couple days off from the gym. I can't bend over to well and my quads hurt like a bitch still. Both elbows are sore, and my right shoulder has taken some serious abuse from supporting a 70lb toolbag with a shot shoulderstrap that cuts into my arm. Basically...I'm a wreck.

Yeah, gonna relax this weekend I think. Monday will be a new week for me.

Wait, are you working out every day? Because you'll see less returns if you do. If your only workout consists of strength training, then two days off a week are a must.
Yoda
Sexton Hardcastle

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9544 on: May 26, 2013, 12:35:30 AM »

Monday will be a new week for me.

It usually is.
Dincrest
Onoda
RPGFan Editor

Lieutenant Commander Vacation

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9545 on: May 26, 2013, 01:59:30 AM »

My band played a local show tonight and toward the end of our set, our fog machine set off the smoke alarm and summoned the fire department.  We still finished our set and the rest of the show continued, but it was a pretty epic moment for all the kids who were there.  We may not be a punk band, but we had the most "punx" moment of the night. 

"Immortality is a manga artist without deadlines.  Without deadlines, the manga artist will never get the job done."
   -Battle Angel Alita: Last Order, Phase 58
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9546 on: May 26, 2013, 11:47:57 AM »

Debating on whether or not to take a couple days off from the gym. I can't bend over to well and my quads hurt like a bitch still. Both elbows are sore, and my right shoulder has taken some serious abuse from supporting a 70lb toolbag with a shot shoulderstrap that cuts into my arm. Basically...I'm a wreck.

Yeah, gonna relax this weekend I think. Monday will be a new week for me.

Wait, are you working out every day? Because you'll see less returns if you do. If your only workout consists of strength training, then two days off a week are a must.
Pfft, I can't maintain more than 4 days a week weight lifting. But yeah, I generally give myself a couple days rest at some point. This time I decided to take an extra few days to rest though. Haven't been getting a lot of sleep either, which is a must for lifting.

Yeah, I'm just being sleepy really.

TASTY!
Starmongoose
Contributing Editor

Vicious Feminist

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9547 on: May 26, 2013, 04:35:23 PM »

I've been fooling around with the idea of hosting an RPGfan Community Quiz. Probably in an IRC channel, possibly not if anyone knows a better alternative. Here is my ideas so far.

Every two weeks on a time agreed upon as the most suitable for you guys, we could gather in the chat channel.
Each quiz has a theme of questions revolving around a popular rpg game or IP (Tales, Persona, Final Fantasy, Elder Scrolls, Dark Souls, etc).
I'll ask a series of questions that aren't easy to Google about the game or IP, people will private message me their answers within the time limit and I'll keep track of their points.

The person with the most points at the end gets a prize from me. I'm thinking either gifting a steam game up to the price of around $20, or a code for a similar amount for the PS Store or the Nintendo eShop. Further ideas are welcome on this.

Each week people who want to take part should let me know, and I'll private message you guys a password to the channel the day before each quiz (at least that is currently how I see it working). Since it is a community thing, I only ask that you have at least 30 posts on the forum, which isn't a lot really.

I think it could be a lot of fun.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2013, 04:37:12 PM by Starmongoose » Logged

SAVE THE PENGUIN!

Here to suck the fun out of games.
Bytor
Ego Enhancement Consultant

Hiding in Inaba

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9548 on: May 26, 2013, 05:41:11 PM »

I would get my ass kicked but I think it's a great idea. Plus, you could post a sticky here with the asked questions and answers, would be a very informative data base of interesting game trivia I am sure.

Everything's Eventual
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9549 on: May 26, 2013, 07:29:56 PM »

I like the sound of that, but being that I've given up on a new pc for a while...I'm mildly limited to cell phone use. If you do decide to do it via irc, can anyone recommend a good android irc app?

TASTY!
Starmongoose
Contributing Editor

Vicious Feminist

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9550 on: May 26, 2013, 08:57:00 PM »

This seems to have a decent amount of good reviews, I'm sure it will suit our purposes anyway. https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.androirc&hl=en

I like the idea of posting the results. Sort of like a hall of fame like this.

*~Tales Champion Title Holder~*
The Pink Pony Princess That Provokes Palpitations, Dice!!

[Link to Questions & Answers]

*~Ultima Champion Title Holder~*
Grandma's Cooking Survivor and Possible Alien Ambassador, MeshGearFox!!

[Link to Questions & Answers]

Yes. I'm getting excited about this. I just hope there is enough interest to make it.

SAVE THE PENGUIN!

Annubis

Something something like a tiger

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9551 on: May 26, 2013, 09:49:27 PM »

If I'm available whenever those happen and I'm reminded those happen, I'd do it.
Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #9552 on: May 26, 2013, 10:02:32 PM »

I guess I could give it a shot, but man I suck at trivia.  I never remember the little details.  Got to prepare myself to get a zero...

Klutz64

Meow Meow Choco-Chow!

RebornThief
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #9553 on: May 26, 2013, 10:14:57 PM »

Sounds good, especially if it's not first to answer. I'm pretty good at trivia most of the time, but man am I slow. I'll also have to remember some of the IRC nuances.

My incredibly adorable avatar was provided by our one and only Dice!
Starmongoose
Contributing Editor

Vicious Feminist

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9554 on: May 26, 2013, 10:20:41 PM »

The only instance it may be first to answer would be in the case of a tie-breaker question, if not only so it doesn't drag out for the people who didn't win and want to see who the winner is.

It's all in good fun though, it gets us all together a couple times a month and we can just shoot the shit for an hour after the game or whatever. We have a good community and I want to showcase and reward that.

Also, let me know what good times are. I was thinking Saturday nights, but then realized that some people MAY have social lives and go out that night (I know, chumps, right?). There is also a matter of timezones.

What if I hosted a trial run say, 19:00 PDT on Saturday. Would there be objections to that?
« Last Edit: May 26, 2013, 10:23:37 PM by Starmongoose » Logged

SAVE THE PENGUIN!

Pages: 1 ... 635 636 [637] 638 639 ... 871 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: