Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 21, 2014, 01:09:37 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Congratulations to Andrew Barker! RPGfan Editor of the Year and now Chief News Editor!
341162 Posts in 13944 Topics by 2222 Members
Latest Member: XanTehMan
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  What's the haps?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 640 641 [642] 643 644 ... 923 Print
Author Topic: What's the haps?  (Read 763396 times)
Darilon
Level 5 Spoony Bard

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #9615 on: June 03, 2013, 05:40:11 AM »

And the lack of dynamism wouldn't normally be an issue but you backtrack a lot in Morrowind/jump around between towns a lot. But they never really change so it gets repetitive.

I agree with you that the NPCs doing nothing is immersion breaking. I tend to install a mod these days that gives them a routine. It really makes the world feel more alive.

I do disagree about the towns though. I thought that they did a good job making the towns seem different. Not disagreeing that there is a lot of backtrack though.

@Annubis
One other thing to mention is that the Morrowind community although helpful tends to be filled with elitism. They don't take critisism to the game well which is ridiculous as the game like every other has its faults.

Dice
Dobbelstenen Muil
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #9616 on: June 03, 2013, 08:56:59 AM »

School's monotony and occasional difficulty makes me like the look of that gif.

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633
http://dice963.tumblr.com/

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
RAINBOW PIXEL POWER!!!
Bytor
Ego Enhancement Consultant

Hiding in Inaba

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9617 on: June 03, 2013, 04:14:44 PM »

So I came into a little money unexpectedly, not a fortune but enough I can save a bit and still have a bit to waste on me and Little Lady. For me I am thinking about either a 3DS or a Vita. I know all the pros and cons but you guys know my game playing habits (a bit anyhow) so...which way. Gotta say upfront I am leaning towards the 3DS simply for the SMT stuff...but I'd still like to hear opinions, if you have one, lol

Everything's Eventual
Akanbe-

Cheap? I paid a lot for this hat!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #9618 on: June 03, 2013, 04:23:33 PM »

3DS is a great system.  Games of all types.  Go with that.

Work might potentially get crazy in the next few weeks.  I somehow sense a possible discrimination lawsuit coming, but I'm hoping I'm wrong and the owners do what is right.

"Karma is...secret top tier"~Starmongoose
PSN ID: Akanbe9
MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9619 on: June 03, 2013, 06:55:13 PM »

I do disagree about the towns though. I thought that they did a good job making the towns seem different. Not disagreeing that there is a lot of backtrack though.

I don't mean the towns. I mean the dungeons and some of the other interior locations, like a lot of the forts/keeps. They're just huge with not much in them. The actual caves were fine, and it was all a lot better than the interminable clusterfuckishness of Daggerfall's dungeons, but... It's still a very similar quality to going back and playing FFIV after playing Chrono Trigger or Secret of Mana or something, in terms of how the dungeons worked.

I think I would've liked dungeons with actual puzzles or something in them. There weren't many of those.

I'm pretty sure my compulsive game collecting actually is a form of OCD and may be related to the verbal/motor tics I have too!!?!??

Also I seriously need to work from home tomorrow I kind of pulled my EVERYTHING when I was running from the rain last weekend.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2013, 07:55:13 PM by MeshGearFox » Logged

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

Aurian

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9620 on: June 03, 2013, 08:38:08 PM »

So I came into a little money unexpectedly, not a fortune but enough I can save a bit and still have a bit to waste on me and Little Lady. For me I am thinking about either a 3DS or a Vita. I know all the pros and cons but you guys know my game playing habits (a bit anyhow) so...which way. Gotta say upfront I am leaning towards the 3DS simply for the SMT stuff...but I'd still like to hear opinions, if you have one, lol

I have both, and I have to recommend the 3DS. The Vita is a lovely system but its really lagging in games right now.
Darilon
Level 5 Spoony Bard

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #9621 on: June 03, 2013, 09:23:56 PM »

I have both, and I have to recommend the 3DS. The Vita is a lovely system but its really lagging in games right now.

Hopefully it will be similar to the PSP and go from having barely any to almost matching the DS for its rpg library.

MeshGearFox

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9622 on: June 03, 2013, 11:45:59 PM »

The Vita is probably more valuable if you skipped the original PSP, like I did. So I DO want a Vita at some point, because there are a lot of really neat looking PSP games I'd like. Maybe.

o/` I do not dream o/`

Yoda
Son of Dad

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9623 on: June 03, 2013, 11:49:19 PM »

Plus if dreams come true the PSV will have some crazy symbiotic relationship with the PS4

i.e. making the Wii U looking like a dog and pony show
MeshGearFox

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9624 on: June 04, 2013, 12:03:06 AM »

Plus if dreams come true the PSV will have some crazy symbiotic relationship with the PS4

But will it provide the experience of an augmented television experience when you watch television?

o/` I do not dream o/`

Yoda
Son of Dad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9625 on: June 04, 2013, 12:04:09 AM »

But will it provide the experience of an augmented television experience when you watch television?

How's Courtney?

MeshGearFox

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9626 on: June 04, 2013, 12:04:59 AM »

How's Courtney?

Look behind you.

o/` I do not dream o/`

Yoda
Son of Dad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9627 on: June 04, 2013, 12:13:34 AM »

I named my papaya Gloria
Dice
Dobbelstenen Muil
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #9628 on: June 04, 2013, 10:35:48 AM »

I nearly died.  With twenty minutes before class, I printed my assignment...and it's like a goddamn clown came to my study while I was sleeping and changed the ink with Invisible Ink.  It prints as it should (the title page is spaced and there's nothing much to print, but full pages take a bit longer) but there is *NOTHING* on the page.

Anyone have this happen to them?  I honestly don't know what the problem is and how to fix it. 

Made worse by the fact we JUST changed the ink and I printed in BOTH B/W and Colour earlier yesterday. D:

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633
http://dice963.tumblr.com/

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
RAINBOW PIXEL POWER!!!
Annubis

ee yan~☆

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9629 on: June 04, 2013, 12:11:16 PM »

Did you remove the plastic thingy on the ink cartridge before putting it in there?
Can you tell your printer to do an alignment check? (most printer have that) Head might be off and not hitting the paper.

Spray lemon on your paper if it's invisible ink.
Pages: 1 ... 640 641 [642] 643 644 ... 923 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: