Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 23, 2014, 09:51:49 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Persona 3 FES Quiz is now OVER!
Winner was user: Monsoon!
334707 Posts in 13708 Topics by 2200 Members
Latest Member: Rgeneb1
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  What's the haps?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 644 645 [646] 647 648 ... 899 Print
Author Topic: What's the haps?  (Read 712844 times)
Annubis

Something something like a tiger

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9675 on: June 13, 2013, 01:55:57 PM »

It's a new place, thus not on the network.
Still, fucking bullshit...
Calling teksavvy to see if they are more cooperative. If yes, they'll be the ones getting my money now.

EDIT: Yup, Teksavvy now getting my money. Only problem is no Internet from tomorrow to the 9th next month =(
« Last Edit: June 13, 2013, 02:36:39 PM by Annubis » Logged
Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #9676 on: June 13, 2013, 02:34:28 PM »

Well, there's always Starbucks...

Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9677 on: June 13, 2013, 03:05:49 PM »

Oh, your provider doesn't provide in your new location? Yeab that does suck. Guess you can't use an xbone there right now, nyuck nyuck.

TASTY!
Jotacon

In the Name of the Moon, I will Punish you!

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #9678 on: June 13, 2013, 04:27:33 PM »

It's a new place, thus not on the network.
Still, fucking bullshit...
Calling teksavvy to see if they are more cooperative. If yes, they'll be the ones getting my money now.

EDIT: Yup, Teksavvy now getting my money. Only problem is no Internet from tomorrow to the 9th next month =(
Yeah that sucks I've had similar problems when movine because Bell is a pile of crap and there aren't really good alternatives in most of rural Southern Ontario. Luckily enough I've been back in Ottawa for 7 years. Teksavvy is a great company though, I switched to them a couple months ago and I've had no problems. Plus, their rates are so much better then anybody else in Ottawa it's insane. Is it the same in Montreal?

Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana.
Annubis

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9679 on: June 13, 2013, 04:38:15 PM »

The rates are pretty good; a lot better than Bell or Videotron for sure.
My old one, Radio@ctif, was around the same price.
MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9680 on: June 13, 2013, 08:20:27 PM »

Most of the problems that people seem to have with the desktops are portability

The problem people have with desktops, with regards to portability, is that you can't put one in your pocket and use it on the bus, with one hand. I don't think this new Mac fixes that ;)

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

Annubis

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9681 on: June 14, 2013, 01:25:11 AM »

I just had this crazy awesome idea.
I technically rent this place until July 1st and there is an Internet connection until July 1st.
So, I'm moving tomorrow, everything but the computer. There will just be my computer here and nothing else.
I'll move it back to my new place when I'm done doing all my address change and other misc stuff on the web.
Desert Walker

dimitri_rozokov@hotmail.com bladegolem
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9682 on: June 14, 2013, 08:44:22 AM »

My father and his get rich quick schemes...He noted a particularly resilient bug stain on the windshield of my car and stated, "Well, clearly it is resistant to UV rays, water [heavy rain] and friction [windshield wipers]. I think I need to take a sample, identify that bug, then harvest a bunch of those motherfuckers and make glue."

(...If anyone ever wondered where I get my twisted sense of humor from...)
Bytor
Ego Enhancement Consultant

Hiding in Inaba

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9683 on: June 14, 2013, 09:52:58 AM »

HEHEHE, I like that!

Everything's Eventual
Annubis

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9684 on: June 14, 2013, 01:56:52 PM »

Well, everything is moved.
Only thing that is left in my old place (which is mine technically until the end of the month) is a computer.
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9685 on: June 14, 2013, 07:35:46 PM »

Something new, I cooked dinner tonight at my sister's house (cat sitting while she's in florida). Nothing amazing, pan roasted chicken thighs with stuffing and lemon pepper corn. I made pan gravy from the drippings as well, which came out fairly good. I wouldn't normally brag about this, but I don't cook often, and USUALLY not something that one would consider a full meal, so this was pretty cool. Chicken came out nice, crispy skin and cooked through but not dry. Was pleased with the results, would cook and eat it again.

TASTY!
MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9686 on: June 14, 2013, 10:04:39 PM »

I accidentally pulled my headphones out of the headphone port and the jack bent, and I think something broke in it because now I only get sound out of the left phone.

I have never had this happen before.

Fuck it I have some crappy headphones lying around. I'll just get the cheapest soldering iron I can find and fix them. Hell, I need to repair my XBox anyway. Think soldering irons run in the 7-20 dollar range for what I need. WHO CARES, JUST SPENDING ALL THE MONEY. This is why not dating is awesome. Instead of having to buy some chick DIAMOND RINGS and FANCY WINE, I can just buy myself a goddamn soldering iron and have sex with it.

Welp, seller, said that copy of Dark Savior was complete, and 30 dollars for a complete copy of Dark Savior is about 10-20 dollars less than the average price I'm seeing, so... !! I think I'll get Shining the Holy Ark and then stop for awhile, since the other three games on my to-order list are staying petty cheap and not nearly in demand enough to go into a /scarcity crisis/ or whatever.

« Last Edit: June 15, 2013, 12:07:37 AM by MeshGearFox » Logged

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9687 on: June 15, 2013, 08:24:07 PM »

My dad's going in for an angiogram this friday. The actual angiogram isn't a big deal...it's the reasoning and possible followup actions that have me worried. He's not really forthcoming on details, but apparently there may be something up and if so, it will be addressed while my father is already there. The doctor told him he may go home that day or he may be hospitalized for a few days and bedridden for a few more, maybe weeks. I'm not fond of those scenarios...especially given his last hospital visit ended with a gall bladder removal from hell that didn't even get removed and an overnight stay that resulted in 2 weeks in the hospital.

Not a great weekend coming up for me.

TASTY!
Jotacon

In the Name of the Moon, I will Punish you!

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #9688 on: June 16, 2013, 02:40:43 AM »

My condolences Agent D. I hope everything with your Dad works out quickly and easily.

For me, I just had a really disappointing day. I was supposed to go to an Archery event and show how off how bad I am at archery which had feasting and mead afterwards, but only 1 friend of mine could make it. Then about half-way there (45 minute or so) it rained so all of the fun activities where cancelled. We left early given the situation and went to buy The Last of Us, which was sold out everywhere. So I go to a friend to borrow it and he'll let me have it when it's done. Hoping to recover somewhat we went to the only local Archery range which was set up for a firearms shooting team and had no space for us.

Later I had a delicious Swiss Teriyaki Burger and played Supreme Commander. So, the day was okay... certainly nothing aweful, it was just particularly disappointing.

Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana.
ZshadeZ

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #9689 on: June 16, 2013, 05:59:15 AM »

I'm sorry to hear that, Agent D. My wife's sister is going through a lot of testing and will need at least one surgery on her colon/intestines... medical issues are never fun.

Myself... hmm. Moved from a 1st floor to a 3rd floor apartment last week. On the plus side we're not on the top floor of our complex with a view from the bedroom and living room that looks straight at the mountains. On the down side the through-the-wall air conditioner in this apartment is about 1/2 the buts it would need to be to actually cool it, so even running it set at 70 nonstop it's been 86ish in the living room and 95+ in the bedroom until about 1am ever since we moved. The rental company are being dicks about it and say since the air conditioner is here and operational there's nothing for them to fix... and the windows in the apartment are giant 5ftx5ft things that there's no way we could get a second air conditioner into.

In other news, all the Xbox craziness lately has made me nostalgic, so I started up Lost Odyssey for the first time since the week it came out. I can think of some SRPG and ARPG I've played and loved since, but I actually can't think of a more recent JRPG style game I've loved since then. Crazy to think it'd been 5 years.
Pages: 1 ... 644 645 [646] 647 648 ... 899 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: