Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 20, 2014, 04:03:10 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Subject: Persona 3: FES
Prize: $20 eShop, PSN or Steam code
Date: 3rd October 2014 Time: 16:00 EST
331719 Posts in 13581 Topics by 2191 Members
Latest Member: Zaltys
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  What's the haps?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 89 90 [91] 92 93 ... 886 Print
Author Topic: What's the haps?  (Read 689270 times)
Vanguard

I am America, and I hate JRPGs

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1350 on: May 04, 2011, 08:36:51 PM »

I loved reading the breakfast pancake/waffle/french-toast remarks. It made me peckish and I wish I had a waffle maker now!

Saw a Star Wars film (A New Hope) today-- didn't set out to watch it but May the Fourth came up during dinner and we decided we needed some Jedi awesomeness. Mark Hamill and Harrison Ford are very pretty people.

A waffle iron is a good investment because it triples as a panini press and tortilla steamer in addition to you know, making waffles.

Thoren: Astronomers fucking love stars and shit. Whitman was a bitch.
Hidoshi: Walt Whitman could beat you with both dicks tied behind his back.
CastNuri
AMG A GIRL

There are no coincidences.

CastNuri
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1351 on: May 04, 2011, 08:39:45 PM »

Mark Hamill and Harrison Ford are very pretty people.

Were. Well, Ford still is. Hamill... Jesus christ, Hamill what did you DO. Ford otoh is about as dilfy as you can get, outside of Jack Layton.

This is sadly true. Mark Hamill did not age very well. Ford is still in his silver fox phase. I actually thought he looked alright in 'Morning Glory'.

A waffle iron is a good investment because it triples as a panini press and tortilla steamer in addition to you know, making waffles.

Nifty! Home-made paninis, sounds fab. Waffle irons are a pain to clean, though. I suppose the non-stick ones have improved that aspect.

"It is a silly game where nobody wins. " ~ Thomas Fuller ~

http://castnuri.tumblr.com
Starmongoose
Contributing Editor

Vicious Feminist

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1352 on: May 05, 2011, 07:29:07 AM »

Anxiously hoping the Alternative Voting system gets enough support in the UK.

SAVE THE PENGUIN!

Here to suck the fun out of games.
Commander Jubby Shepard
What do you call a kid with no arms and an eye patch? Names.

If you come back you will find me a very grave man

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1353 on: May 05, 2011, 08:44:35 AM »

What is that?

If it'll hold Jello, Utah will put Jello in it.
Starmongoose
Contributing Editor

Vicious Feminist

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1354 on: May 05, 2011, 09:42:30 AM »

What is that?

The way the current British voting system works is each person gets one vote for one political party. It's not a very good system, as their are so many political parties here you can end up with a party in power which only 30% of the population voted for. That means 70% of the population gets a leader they do not want.

The alternative voting system is basically: You give as many political parties as you want a number. The party you want to win the most gets a "1", the one after that gets a "2" and so on.

In the end the party with the least votes get's knocked out of the race, if it was your number 1, your vote will go to your number 2. If your number 2 gets knocked out of the race your vote goes to your number 3 choice. And so on until we have a winner with more than 50% of the vote.

A comparison I liked that helped people understand it was it is basically just like The X Factor (Or American idol, or whatever). You have 12 potential singers that the public vote on each week, the one with the least votes gets sent home and the vote happens again the next week with the remaining 11 singers.

Basically the UK's current voting system is like the person with the most votes out of the 12 singers is the immediate winner, rather than narrowing down the contestants each week until you get a result which over half of the voters are happy with. It's not very good.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2011, 09:44:58 AM by Starmongoose » Logged

SAVE THE PENGUIN!

GrimReality
Dark Lord of Nostalgia

OK, options aren't SO bad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1355 on: May 05, 2011, 10:09:35 AM »

got called into work tonight, thursday, and friday.

that'll make 60 hours this week. HELLO OVERTIME

HELLO VIDYAGAMZ
Ah, yes. The days of actually getting paid for working anything over 40 hours. I'm not sure what you do, but you'll most likely "graduate" into the salaried 40 hour week, that actually isn't a 40 hour week. I'm lucky to work for a landscape company that actually respects it's employees and doesn't have me working 60 hours a week on a 40 hour salary. Heck, I even get my Saturdays off.

Waffle Irons are not as hard to clean as they used to be. The whole "no-stick" thing has really helped. You guys have got me in the mood for waffles. Perhaps this weekend.

Playing: TWD Season 2
Reading: Mistborn #2 by Brandon Sanderson
Yoda
Son of Dad

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1356 on: May 05, 2011, 10:17:28 AM »

Before I left for work yesterday Portal 2 came in the mail. I had to just lay it on the table... still sealed and lonely.

Were. Well, Ford still is.

Even as a straight male I have to say Ford was damn good looking in Blade Runner.

I can kind of get my hair like his... I just need that trenchcoat

Bytor
Ego Enhancement Consultant

Hiding in Inaba

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1357 on: May 05, 2011, 01:31:13 PM »

Absolutely nothing wrong with being in touch with your masculinity enough to admit this, for instance I feel safe saying I bet you are a fine looking man :) and for that matter I  look in the mirror and think the same thing...wait, that might be conceitedness...but whatever :)

Everything's Eventual
Starmongoose
Contributing Editor

Vicious Feminist

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1358 on: May 05, 2011, 01:31:54 PM »

Absolutely nothing wrong with being in touch with your masculinity enough to admit this, for instance I feel safe saying I bet you are a fine looking man :) and for that matter I  look in the mirror and think the same thing...wait, that might be conceitedness...but whatever :)

Stop hitting on Yoda :[

That's my job.

SAVE THE PENGUIN!

Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #1359 on: May 05, 2011, 02:31:28 PM »

That's my job.

I knew it....!!!  If Yoda was gay, eh? 

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #1360 on: May 05, 2011, 02:34:38 PM »

I don't know what is happening here, but Blade Runner is awesome.
Starmongoose
Contributing Editor

Vicious Feminist

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1361 on: May 05, 2011, 02:41:43 PM »

That's my job.

Don't make me drudge up that conversation you two had that I compared to two exotic animals doing a courting ritual!

SAVE THE PENGUIN!

CastNuri
AMG A GIRL

There are no coincidences.

CastNuri
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1362 on: May 05, 2011, 02:49:19 PM »

I don't know what is happening here, but Blade Runner is awesome.

Yes, yes it is. :D

Woke up in the afternoon today. Didn't realize how long I'd slept but it was a grey, grey day and I guess I didn't much care for getting out to face possible rainclouds. Hot tea is needed.

"It is a silly game where nobody wins. " ~ Thomas Fuller ~

http://castnuri.tumblr.com
Demon_Princess_Kay
Banninated

AnarchKay
View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #1363 on: May 05, 2011, 03:08:07 PM »

That's my job.

Don't make me drudge up that conversation you two had that I compared to two exotic animals doing a courting ritual!

Do it, do it, do it!

MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1364 on: May 05, 2011, 05:23:22 PM »

That's my job.

Do it, do it, do it!

WHO NEEDS DRUGS WHEN I CAN READ RPGAMER???

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

Pages: 1 ... 89 90 [91] 92 93 ... 886 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: