Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 22, 2014, 04:12:13 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Persona 3 FES Quiz is now OVER!
Winner was user: Monsoon!
334648 Posts in 13706 Topics by 2200 Members
Latest Member: Rgeneb1
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  What's the haps?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 141 142 [143] 144 145 ... 899 Print
Author Topic: What's the haps?  (Read 710612 times)
Commander Jubby Shepard
What do you call a kid with no arms and an eye patch? Names.

If you come back you will find me a very grave man

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2130 on: May 27, 2011, 02:26:24 PM »

Indeed, for me that will be Mon and Tues, work tonight, Sat and all day/night Sun then my son is coming for a visit, little lady is visiting mom for a few days, gonna be guys playing games non-stop for a couple of days, maybe we'll leave the house once..maybe not...

I wish my dad did that. All that ever happens with him when my mom's away is that I have to conserve all our food, because he doesn't go to buy anything and I get picked up from school 20 minutes late. Now if he'd play vidya games with me, it might be different...

If it'll hold Jello, Utah will put Jello in it.
GrimReality
Dark Lord of Nostalgia

OK, options aren't SO bad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2131 on: May 27, 2011, 03:47:34 PM »

Indeed, for me that will be Mon and Tues, work tonight, Sat and all day/night Sun then my son is coming for a visit, little lady is visiting mom for a few days, gonna be guys playing games non-stop for a couple of days, maybe we'll leave the house once..maybe not...

I wish my dad did that. All that ever happens with him when my mom's away is that I have to conserve all our food, because he doesn't go to buy anything and I get picked up from school 20 minutes late. Now if he'd play vidya games with me, it might be different...
You brought this up in the "parent" thread, and again now. I sense an issue here. If he's not a gamer, you may just have to accept that it's not going to happen, and work on other areas. If he's more of a casual style gamer, you can't try and get him to play rpgs, like you mentioned in the other thread. Gotta go with simple, fun stuff.
My son and I have had fun playing a few games together. Castle Crashers was a grand fun time played together. We also played Streets of Rage for awhile, as well as different versions of Mario Kart.
Now he's more into rpgs(at 10! Good kid) and we don't play much together anymore. You get the point, though. It's a team effort.

Playing: TWD Season 2, Alan Wake
Reading: Mistborn #2 by Brandon Sanderson
Yoda
Son of Dad

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2132 on: May 27, 2011, 04:45:20 PM »

got my hair did and bought ghost trick.

now i'm eating cookies and playing dead space
Commander Jubby Shepard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2133 on: May 27, 2011, 06:53:12 PM »

You brought this up in the "parent" thread, and again now. I sense an issue here. If he's not a gamer, you may just have to accept that it's not going to happen, and work on other areas. If he's more of a casual style gamer, you can't try and get him to play rpgs, like you mentioned in the other thread. Gotta go with simple, fun stuff.
My son and I have had fun playing a few games together. Castle Crashers was a grand fun time played together. We also played Streets of Rage for awhile, as well as different versions of Mario Kart.
Now he's more into rpgs(at 10! Good kid) and we don't play much together anymore. You get the point, though. It's a team effort.

That last bit was a joke, but his main problem is the times he's at home. I do play with him occasionally, but rarely. He's agreed to playing Tales of Vesperia, so I might be making progress with him.

Alisha

Z0eila@hotmail.com Z0eila
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2134 on: May 28, 2011, 12:00:58 AM »

my dad played all the way through tales of symphonia with me :D

“Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from.”
CastNuri
AMG A GIRL

There are no coincidences.

CastNuri
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2135 on: May 28, 2011, 12:13:55 AM »

The idea of mixing RPGs and my parents seems really odd to me. It must be the crazy age gap (both my parents are in their late fifties now). It was alright to play pilot video games when I was a kid but at some point in our relationship, we started to share other interests. My mother and I discuss charity or news. With my father, we talk wars and history. It's alright to try and get parents interested in gaming but there's always more to them than we think and I'm sure most children will be surprised to know how well they can relate to their elders.

My friends and I roasted a chicken today. It was delicious! I feel quite proud. Starting to dispel the notion that: kitchen + Nuri = disaster area. :D

"It is a silly game where nobody wins. " ~ Thomas Fuller ~

http://castnuri.tumblr.com
Commander Jubby Shepard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2136 on: May 28, 2011, 03:11:46 AM »

Catherine, Persona 2 Innocent Sin, and SMT: Devil Survivor Overclocked all have a release date/ window in America now!

AAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWWW YYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH

Tomara

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2137 on: May 28, 2011, 04:13:21 AM »

Mom and dad got us into gaming. Sadly, they stopped playing with us ten years ago. Dad says he couldn't keep up anymore, mom always complains about not being able to see the screen clearly but refuses to put her glasses on. Dad still helps me when there is trouble in hardwareland. We're quite adept at saving PlayStation 2's from the DREs of doom :D

So until my sister and I moved out, we played games together with our brother. My sister isn't much of a gamer actually, but sometimes she just has to play one. For hours at a time if possible. There was that Lufia 2 marathon she did. Played the game for nearly eight hours straight. Oh and the Locoroco incident. It was kind of scary how good the was at that one...

Anyway...

Because you totally need a team of four to play Plants vs Zombies! :D
Redeemed

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2138 on: May 28, 2011, 11:14:31 AM »

A few times last year, be dad, sister, brother and I played Team Fortress 2 all together. Since we're scattered across a few states, it was great to "meet" up like this (and hilarious for my brother and I to watch my dad and sister run into walls constantly and get blown up, as they're new to the game). Sadly, internet speed isn't fast enough over here in Indonesia for this to continue for me :(
CastNuri
AMG A GIRL

There are no coincidences.

CastNuri
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2139 on: May 29, 2011, 02:21:18 PM »

All this talk is making me homesick! I miss playing video games with my siblings. :(

I made my mushroom lasagna again last night. This time I used more mushrooms and goat's cheese-- it was a little dry the first time I tried the recipe. Next up, french beef stew! My brother is a professional chef and he finds it funny when I try to cook things (it isn't my forte). But he has a great time giving me advice so hopefully I'll keep getting better at this!

"It is a silly game where nobody wins. " ~ Thomas Fuller ~

http://castnuri.tumblr.com
Lazlowe1984
Restricted Members

Centurion

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2140 on: May 29, 2011, 02:53:32 PM »

Catherine, Persona 2 Innocent Sin, and SMT: Devil Survivor Overclocked all have a release date/ window in America now!

Hell yeah! The gaming gods have smiled upon us.

Commander Jubby Shepard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2141 on: May 29, 2011, 03:27:42 PM »

We must give them a virgin sacrifice to show our gratitude. Kay, get as far away from the sacrifice as possible.

Demon_Princess_Kay
Banninated

AnarchKay
View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #2142 on: May 29, 2011, 03:33:12 PM »

We must give them a virgin sacrifice to show our gratitude. Kay, get as far away from the sacrifice as possible.

Sorry, *licks fingers* too late you're gonna have to find another.

Commander Jubby Shepard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2143 on: May 29, 2011, 03:34:45 PM »

Do you think the gods would mind if we sacrificed just anyone?

Demon_Princess_Kay
Banninated

AnarchKay
View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #2144 on: May 29, 2011, 03:39:23 PM »

I am appalled that rpgfan has such distasteful ads as this one.

For shame, for shame.

Pages: 1 ... 141 142 [143] 144 145 ... 899 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: