Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 25, 2014, 02:31:58 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Persona 3 FES Quiz is now OVER!
Winner was user: Monsoon!
334802 Posts in 13711 Topics by 2200 Members
Latest Member: Rgeneb1
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  What's the haps?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 250 251 [252] 253 254 ... 900 Print
Author Topic: What's the haps?  (Read 715750 times)
Bytor
Ego Enhancement Consultant

Hiding in Inaba

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3765 on: September 11, 2011, 09:39:08 PM »

Got in a fight with my immediate supervisor tonight, such an idiot (him). I freely admit when I am wrong, but he refuses to ever take blame (he used every excuse in the book to try and take blame away from himself)...tomorrow should be interesting.

So go to work today and first thing happens is he asks to speak to me. Apologizes over and over and pleads with me to tolerate his explosions and tells me what a value I am to the team...kinda garnered some lost respect back...

Everything's Eventual
Darklight

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3766 on: September 12, 2011, 01:32:52 AM »

Fights at work are always fun, especially during the make-up period. There's a dude right outside my window at work yelling and screaming shit into his fone right now, we are all laughing our asses off, work is quite boring I spose. And another thing, the wii really is fun, Ogre Battle 64 is available @ the nintendo store, Also, Tales of Grace is at my import store
Yoda
Son of Dad

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3767 on: September 12, 2011, 01:56:17 AM »

I got into a to-do with a fellow employee the other day. She sucks and acted like a child.

I remained calm, called the boss as soon as I got out.
CastNuri
AMG A GIRL

There are no coincidences.

CastNuri
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3768 on: September 12, 2011, 06:04:39 PM »

Helping out with Fresher's Week at my University (for my society, not officially volunteering). Had a pretty good time meeting new people! We did some walking in lovely Scottish weather, which was exactly what I needed after being driven around for days. Motion sickness is terrible.

"It is a silly game where nobody wins. " ~ Thomas Fuller ~

http://castnuri.tumblr.com
Yoda
Son of Dad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3769 on: September 12, 2011, 06:43:36 PM »

Just waltzed on down to gamestop and grocery store. I saw some poor ass gamer who was buying old PS2 games (he got fatal frame and something else) and he was chatting up the clerk about how he wish he could've afforded a 360. Then the clerk goes into a 5 min sales pitch trying to get this dude to reserve and pay off in installments the star wars 360 bundle. Dude was like "i don't make much money" but the guy kept on pressing him. Finally he bought his game and left. Up next was me and I got the uncharted bundle. He tries to get me to preorder Uncharted 3 of course.

In the grocery store the gamer that bought fatal frame was in line ahead of me. Now I know why he doesn't have much money. He bought like 15 frozen dinners. Classic gamer, eating like shit and spending too much money on it.

Full disclosure: I got
  • 12 pack of beer
  • ground beef
  • burger buns
  • montery jack cheese
  • toothpaste
  • contact solution
Starmongoose
Contributing Editor

Vicious Feminist

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3770 on: September 12, 2011, 07:10:22 PM »

I don't get frozen dinners. Or why people buy them. They taste like shit, they look like shit, they are bad for you and they are overpriced. Even when Hugh and I were at our poorest when we lived in Ireland and the government wouldn't cover me medically, we still bought proper food (cheap ingredients) and made tasty food.

SAVE THE PENGUIN!

Here to suck the fun out of games.
Demon_Princess_Kay
Banninated

AnarchKay
View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #3771 on: September 12, 2011, 07:19:04 PM »

Frozen dinners are the grocery store equivalent of fast food. You buy that shit and you just throw it in the microwave for 5 minutes. People don't care about how it tastes or what it costs its just simple and easy to make and eat. Same way people spend ridiculous amounts of cash on shit from McDonald's. Anything thing that ain't on the dollar menu there ain't worth it. If I'm gonna eat shit I better only be paying a fucking dollar for it.

Yoda
Son of Dad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3772 on: September 12, 2011, 07:22:25 PM »

and the government wouldn't cover me medically

Poor European kid, having to pay for stuff!
Starmongoose
Contributing Editor

Vicious Feminist

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3773 on: September 12, 2011, 07:26:08 PM »

and the government wouldn't cover me medically

Poor European kid, having to pay for stuff!

Haha, yes yes, I know you have it worse. I'm afraid the NHS is just something I have been raised around and I really think it is amazing, and not having that security there is very frightening.

SAVE THE PENGUIN!

Yoda
Son of Dad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3774 on: September 12, 2011, 07:28:00 PM »

My friend just became a dual citizen of Ireland/USA and he can retire there w/ full healthcare benefits.

Starmongoose
Contributing Editor

Vicious Feminist

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3775 on: September 12, 2011, 07:32:07 PM »

My friend just became a dual citizen of Ireland/USA and he can retire there w/ full healthcare benefits.

Yeah, Ireland does at least have free healthcare for the elderly and unemployed (or people who make less than a certain amount). I had lived there for two years with Hugh, and apparently my ties with the country were not "strong" enough. Of course, if Hugh was a woman, that would be a different story.

EDIT: Of course, you could have meant N. Ireland, which has the NHS.

SAVE THE PENGUIN!

Demon_Princess_Kay
Banninated

AnarchKay
View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #3776 on: September 12, 2011, 07:39:39 PM »

Fuck the government

MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3777 on: September 12, 2011, 07:43:11 PM »

I don't get frozen dinners. Or why people buy them.

I don't get home from work until like 7:30, at which point it's getting kind of late to catch a bus down to the campus area where most of the restaurants are because the buses quit running regularly at like, 8.

There are two restaurants near my apartment that serve vegetarian food. One of them is Middle Eastern and I pretty much eat that for lunch every day anyway. The other one is an Indian restaurant, which is excellent, but I'm not in the mood to spend 12 dollars there every night.

I don't really have time to cook, and even if I did the Krogers I'm buy has *really bad produce*.

Also I pretty much just stick to Kashi and Amy's, both of which are fairly healthy in terms of stuff like proteins/vitamins as well as being pretty pretty reasonable on the calories side of things.

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #3778 on: September 12, 2011, 09:58:43 PM »

I don't really have time to cook

Bullocks.  I can make a well-balanced, healthy and delicious meal in under half an hour and have leftovers that I can reheat for another couple of meals if I'm really pressed for time.  Or sometimes on the weekends I'll make a big enough batch of something so that I can eat leftovers for the rest of the week.

I refuse to believe that there is anyone out there who really doesn't have time to cook.  You may not have the desire to cook or the skill to cook, but I'm sure you could find the time if you actually tried.  I often don't get home until 8 or 9pm but somehow I still manage to find time to cook.

I'm with Starmongoose here.  Those frozen dinners taste awful, are awful for you, and cost an awful lot.  At least make some pasta or something.  That takes barely any time at all.

MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3779 on: September 12, 2011, 10:16:14 PM »

Boxed pasta with canned sauce is about nutritionally identical to frozen pasta.

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

Pages: 1 ... 250 251 [252] 253 254 ... 900 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: