Author Topic: Whats the haps?

Kevadu

• Some guy
    • View Profile
Re: What's the haps?
« Reply #3780 on: September 12, 2011, 10:35:00 PM »
Maybe if you ignore the sodium content.

I make my own sauce, anyway.  That's another thing that keeps pretty well so I only have to do it once in a while.

Arhkaos

• View Profile
« Reply #3781 on: September 12, 2011, 10:35:31 PM »
Just waltzed on down to gamestop and grocery store. I saw some poor ass gamer who was buying old PS2 games (he got fatal frame and something else) and he was chatting up the clerk about how he wish he could've afforded a 360. Then the clerk goes into a 5 min sales pitch trying to get this dude to reserve and pay off in installments the star wars 360 bundle. Dude was like "i don't make much money" but the guy kept on pressing him. Finally he bought his game and left. Up next was me and I got the uncharted bundle. He tries to get me to preorder Uncharted 3 of course.

I've worked in a Gamestop for a while (2 years...). They give warnings to employees who don't sell enough presells/guarantees/used games/cards/etc., and they give them few hours and treat them like shit if they don't. Don't be surprised this is the way you're treated in those stores! I personally decided to quit, because I prefer to respect customers and be honest with them and was tired of being forced to harass people to earn my pay. But that's not what Gamestop want their employees to do. They prefer to make quick profit over giving a good customer service, and they even punish employees who do it.
I have fury!

Dice

• I'm fart and I'm smunny
  • AMG A GIRL
  • RPGFan and Dice forever...
    • View Profile
    • My DeviantArt site!  Come, stay, laugh, cry.
« Reply #3782 on: September 12, 2011, 10:48:55 PM »
I don't get frozen dinners. Or why people buy them. They taste like shit, they look like shit, they are bad for you and they are overpriced. Even when Hugh and I were at our poorest when we lived in Ireland and the government wouldn't cover me medically, we still bought proper food (cheap ingredients) and made tasty food.

While I do remember liking a Fetuccini Alfredo one a while back (hard to fuck up noodles and cheese sauce), I'm generally in the same boat.  Way cheaper to do the raw materials and have food for a few nights.  Especially pasta. x)
http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633
http://dice963.tumblr.com/

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
RAINBOW PIXEL POWER!!!

Lard

• View Profile
« Reply #3783 on: September 12, 2011, 11:07:00 PM »
Back in school

Had my "Speculative Fiction" class today. (Science Fiction! :D )

One class Monday, Tuesdays and Fridays off.
I avoid online multiplayer because my brain still works.

MeshGearFox

• HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3784 on: September 12, 2011, 11:08:39 PM »

It's higher but not THAT much higher and it's still generally a lot lower than something from a restaurant, and it's still not going to be high enough that you're going to be consuming really excessive amounts of sodium unless you're eating like 3+ frozen dinners a day and I generally see no reason why anyone would actually do that.

Granted I think I eat like maybe one frozen dinner a week anyway because the Kroger next to me doesn't really have anything vegetarian in that sense, and that's usually more food than I feel like eating anyway. Mostly I'll just grab a yogurt and maybe a powerbar or a bag of quinoa or a piece of fruit on the rare chance I actually find something ripe.
o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

Yoda

• Fear is the Mind Killer
  • Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light
    • View Profile
« Reply #3785 on: September 13, 2011, 01:36:13 AM »

I make my own sauce, anyway.  That's another thing that keeps pretty well so I only have to do it once in a while.

Aren't you the best? Coming home late, making dinners from scratch?

MeshGearFox

• HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3786 on: September 13, 2011, 01:46:47 AM »

Aren't you the best? Coming home late, making dinners from scratch?

Shut up you hamburger eating MURDERERRRRRRRRRRRRrr.
o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

Yoda

• View Profile
« Reply #3787 on: September 13, 2011, 02:04:56 AM »
I don't get my meat from the store. I drive out 45 miles to a farm and slaughter my own cow. I butcher the meat and tan the hide. I grind up the bones and make my own gelatin. When I grill my steaks, which I aged in a fridge cooled by ice that I brought down from the upper peninsula of Michigan in February (stored with hay in my ice cellar), I use home-made charcoal from compressed saw dust

Tomara

• View Profile
« Reply #3788 on: September 13, 2011, 02:33:55 AM »
Is cooking really so bad? Most of my meals can be made in like 15-20 minutes. If you can't get good fresh produce, why not go for something frozen or canned? Honestly, what makes me reheat leftovers is not feeling like cooking, but not wanting to do the clean-up. That's the main reason I make sure I only have to cook 3-4 times a week ^_^'

Demon_Princess_Kay

• Banninated
    • View Profile
    • My 1up page
« Reply #3789 on: September 13, 2011, 04:35:49 AM »
My mother is convinced that making your own food is more expensive than just buying ingredients and making it yourself, or that it's impossible for you to make low sodium meals unless you get it from a box that says in big bold font on the front LOW SODIUM. I don't remember but it was something like that I try not to pay attention to her anymore the stuff she says only makes me depressed these days. If she wasn't in such bad shape or my mother I'd fucking punch her.

Vanguard

• I am America, and I hate JRPGs
    • View Profile
« Reply #3790 on: September 13, 2011, 06:49:06 AM »
The whole experience of cooking (buying the ingredients, preparing the meal, eating, and cleaning up) is a lot of fun, I think. Granted, it does take a lot of time, but as long as you're making food that is delicious, the prep and clean up is hardly an annoyance.
Thoren: Astronomers fucking love stars and shit. Whitman was a bitch.
Hidoshi: Walt Whitman could beat you with both dicks tied behind his back.

Alisha

• View Profile
« Reply #3791 on: September 13, 2011, 07:42:55 AM »
my cat died.... I R sad =(. no really im fucking depressed here u_u

“Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from.”

Tomara

• View Profile
« Reply #3792 on: September 13, 2011, 07:53:48 AM »
It is sad when pets die...

My rabbit is sick and is holed up behind the couch right now. I've made an appointment with the vet, but it's still one and a half hours away. Waiting sucks. Poor bunny :(

Yoda

• View Profile
« Reply #3793 on: September 13, 2011, 09:30:12 AM »
my cat died.... I R sad =(. no really im fucking depressed here u_u

:( sorry

Tooker

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3794 on: September 13, 2011, 10:37:57 AM »
That is sad - and sick bunnies are sad too.  Best wishes for a full recovery, Tomara.  I've had 3 rabbits, and they all broke my heart when they died. :(
Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand.
—Kurt Vonnegut