Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 24, 2014, 07:13:45 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
We have a new board! Pop on over to the Game Journals section and tell us what you've been playing!
338135 Posts in 13843 Topics by 2214 Members
Latest Member: CoreSignal
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  What's the haps?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 349 350 [351] 352 353 ... 909 Print
Author Topic: What's the haps?  (Read 740344 times)
Tooker
RPGFan Editor

king_friday@hotmail.com PeopleJohnT bigfatusername@yahoo.com
View Profile
« Reply #5250 on: December 15, 2011, 10:34:07 AM »

That sounds mighty nice, Vanguard.

Sorry to hear about your rabbit, Tomara.  They are little heartbreakers.  I hope he recovers quickly.

Yoda, with rabbits, I'm sad to say that you don't usually have to put them down.  As a species, they've evolved two survival mechanisms: run away, make babies.  Strong immune systems don't factor into their strategy.  And since they know that predators go after the weak and ill, they are reeeeally good at pretending they're not sick.  Unless you're very in tune with their personality (rabbit-ality?), as it sounds like Tomara is, you'll never even know they're sick until they're in serious trouble.  That is, so sick that they don't have the ability to fake health any more. :(

Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand.
—Kurt Vonnegut
Tomara

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5251 on: December 15, 2011, 11:47:34 AM »

Yep, Lil' Tiger is extremely easy to read. He still fakes being healthy, but I can tell. If he isn't feeling well, he hides between the radiator and the couch. He won't even come out to fetch his morning snack, which means he doesn't feel like eating. Which is bad. Not eating for 24 hours can cause permanent damage to their internal organs. Lots of rabbits die that way, because it's hard to tell there is something wrong if you don't know the signs.

I'm excited to see the animals I grew up with again. Cats mostly, all of which are hilarious for different reasons.

That's always fun. Despite growing older, they never seem to change all that much.
Yoda
Son of Dad

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5252 on: December 15, 2011, 03:58:44 PM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yxiv3CBMS4M
Tooker
RPGFan Editor

king_friday@hotmail.com PeopleJohnT bigfatusername@yahoo.com
View Profile
« Reply #5253 on: December 15, 2011, 04:42:35 PM »

Seriously, Yoda?  Poor taste.

Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand.
—Kurt Vonnegut
Vanguard

I am America, and I hate JRPGs

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5254 on: December 15, 2011, 04:44:00 PM »

Wow. I thought I was being insensitive posting about how excited I was to see my childhood animals.

Dick move, sir. Dick move.

Thoren: Astronomers fucking love stars and shit. Whitman was a bitch.
Hidoshi: Walt Whitman could beat you with both dicks tied behind his back.
Starmongoose
Contributing Editor

Smiley Abuser

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5255 on: December 15, 2011, 06:48:19 PM »

Seriously, Yoda?  Poor taste.

Hah! Now I don't have to feel guilty about my vagina comment anymore.

SAVE THE PENGUIN!

Here to suck the fun out of games.
Commander Jubby Shepard
What do you call a kid with no arms and an eye patch? Names.

If you come back you will find me a very grave man

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5256 on: December 15, 2011, 08:50:04 PM »

Really sorry to hear about your bunny, Tomara. I still haven't quite gotten over having to put down my dog last year, and he was at least 4 months older than I was (So somewhere above 98 years old at the time). Try to help him get better if you can.

If it'll hold Jello, Utah will put Jello in it.
Azrael

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5257 on: December 15, 2011, 11:06:55 PM »

Officially booked for San Francisco! Jan 8th - Jan 15th. Well flight anyway. Need to hunt down a cheap hostel. Damn I can't wait.

Also have a big test tomorrow on about 1000 years of Buddhist philosophy I need to study for. I'm fairly okay with the material but need to sit down and go over some stuff for sure. This guy's tests are fairly complex. Then I have a paper to write that's due Sunday. Got all my ideas on paper, and a decent outline, but only about a page and a half of written work, and most of it is just stream of conscious BS. Then my professor gave me a book of her poetry to translate. Read some of it, and what I can understand is pretty damn good I think. Also have to study for a final in that class. Been on something of a poetry kick as well I guess, and just bought a book of poetry for $4 by Frances Chung. Although it's not in this book, her poem (Untitled) really struck me and so I decided to just go ahead and buy her book.
Yoda
Son of Dad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5258 on: December 15, 2011, 11:50:57 PM »

Seriously, Yoda?  Poor taste.

Nah
Tomara

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5259 on: December 16, 2011, 12:07:31 AM »

He died. I just woke up because I had the weirdest dream and went to check on him again. And he was gone. He was still warm, so he must have died just before I went downstairs.

I sat with him for a while (because I'm a sentimental crybaby), wrapped him in a towel and put him in box. Having a cup of tea now, trying to think of what to do next. I think he'd like a spot under the cherry tree, but it's December...

Wow. I thought I was being insensitive posting about how excited I was to see my childhood animals.

Why would that be insensitive? Pets die, but the reason we keep them is because they bring us a lot of joy like that.
Yoda
Son of Dad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5260 on: December 16, 2011, 12:24:22 AM »

All I can say is losing a loved pet is horrible. When I was in highschool I had to put down my childhood dog. She was still running around and playfull, but she had tumors all over and it was a matter of time. I'll never forget the guy at the animal shelter leading her away.

While I was there bawling my eyes out some dumbass friends of mine came in because they saw my van outside (I was the guy w/ the rusty old van in HS, covered in heavy metal stickers). They came in to see what was up. What the hell did they think was going on at an animal shelter? It's not like I was at a coffee shop or whatever. I told them to gtfo.

Dice
Dobbelstenen Muil
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #5261 on: December 16, 2011, 12:36:51 AM »

Err, I'm for putting down suffering animals, just not persuading the thought with cartoons (and I freaking love Bugs). = /
Ah well, I jsut wouldn't have done it.

I'm sorry about your bunny.  Lame thing to say, I just watched all of The OC, and Summer has a pet bunny... I nearly turned to mush every time it was on screen.  I've always wanted a pet bunny, and it's nice you love yours as much.  I'm sure bunny knew it, but it's nice you were with him the whole time. =)

I'm spending the evening getting some work done (first time home all day).  EXAMS ARE FREAKING DONE... and more work tomorrow.  Watching Scrooged in the background. :)

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Dade
Rainbow Club Member

D-Rider's Pacific NW Counterpart

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5262 on: December 16, 2011, 12:47:53 AM »

http://nyanit.com/rpgfan.com

Twitter: (at)toddjaynes
XBL: ToddJameson
PSN: toddjameson
Steam: DadeMcLaren

Playing: ACIV: Black Flag (surprisingly awesome!), XCOM: Enemy Within, The Last of Us (finally).
"Resident Evil 6 is a Michael Bay movie." ~Jim Sterling
Annubis

Something something like a tiger

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5263 on: December 16, 2011, 12:49:40 AM »

Tomara, sounds like you're bunny had a great owner and a good life.
Tomara

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5264 on: December 16, 2011, 01:03:49 AM »

I'm sorry about your bunny.  Lame thing to say, I just watched all of The OC, and Summer has a pet bunny... I nearly turned to mush every time it was on screen.  I've always wanted a pet bunny, and it's nice you love yours as much.  I'm sure bunny knew it, but it's nice you were with him the whole time. =)

They're cute, aren't they?

Maybe it's in bad taste, but since I had nothing better to do (digging in the dark is hard), I've been looking at the website of a rabbit shelter. I'll get a new one after Christmas (some rabbit shelters are closed now, because they don't want to end the animals to end up as Christmas dinner). And, like I joked about in another thread, I'll name it Barnaby :)
Pages: 1 ... 349 350 [351] 352 353 ... 909 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: