Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 01, 2014, 04:09:40 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
327938 Posts in 13428 Topics by 2169 Members
Latest Member: KopeAcetic
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  What's the haps?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 350 351 [352] 353 354 ... 871 Print
Author Topic: What's the haps?  (Read 647234 times)
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #5265 on: December 16, 2011, 01:25:44 AM »

Why the fuck, man....just why.  >=(

They're cute, aren't they?

Maybe it's in bad taste, but since I had nothing better to do (digging in the dark is hard), I've been looking at the website of a rabbit shelter. I'll get a new one after Christmas (some rabbit shelters are closed now, because they don't want to end the animals to end up as Christmas dinner). And, like I joked about in another thread, I'll name it Barnaby :)

I may make UNRULY GIRLFRIEND DEMAND and ask boyfriend nicely for a bunny.  I'll get him ...basketball tickets or something.  Or Leafs hockey tickets... I think they're about the same price... maybe more. x(

I got my pooch though too.  I've always admired animals for being able to make you smile at least once a day or so.  It's no wonder some folks can get shaken up quite a bit when a pet does go. =/

http://society6.com/Dice963
Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #5266 on: December 16, 2011, 02:03:27 AM »

Great.
Tomara

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5267 on: December 16, 2011, 03:40:55 AM »

Buried Chibi under the cherry tree. It just started to snow. First snow this winter. Even in dead his dramatic timing is impeccable.

I got my pooch though too.  I've always admired animals for being able to make you smile at least once a day or so.  It's no wonder some folks can get shaken up quite a bit when a pet does go. =/

Dogs are nice too. Just having a pet that's always there for you when you get home from work and it always ready to cheer you up no matter what happened, it's nice.

Well, I my case the getting home bit doesn't really apply since I work at home, but Chibi was allowed to hop around freely during the day, and he'd break into my study al the time just because he could.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2011, 03:52:19 AM by Tomara » Logged
Yoda
Sexton Hardcastle

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5268 on: December 16, 2011, 08:22:29 AM »

2. Your detective name (favorite color and favorite animal): Green Owl
3. Your soap opera name (middle name and street you live on): James Birchwood
4. Your Star Wars name (first 3 letters of last name, first 2 of middle name; first of first, last 3 of last): Szyja Cski
5. Superhero name (Color of your shirt and first item to your immediate left): Blue Envelope
6. Goth name (black and one of your current or former pets):Black Ashley
Vanguard

I am America, and I hate JRPGs

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5269 on: December 16, 2011, 10:18:49 AM »

Wow. I thought I was being insensitive posting about how excited I was to see my childhood animals.

Why would that be insensitive? Pets die, but the reason we keep them is because they bring us a lot of joy like that.

Just the juxtaposition of my excitement with getting to see my animals and the now realized possibility of losing yours.

I'm going to be real sad when my one of my cats, who is 14 in human years, goes. She still plays like a kitten, but her age is beginning to show. She's also a vicious motherfucker. She once decided to go hunting...for three months. Needless to say, we were all surprised when she showed up at our door again.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2011, 10:24:10 AM by Vanguard » Logged

Thoren: Astronomers fucking love stars and shit. Whitman was a bitch.
Hidoshi: Walt Whitman could beat you with both dicks tied behind his back.
GrimReality
Dark Lord of Nostalgia

OK, options aren't SO bad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5270 on: December 16, 2011, 10:30:25 AM »

That's such a bummer, Tomara. I am such a softy for my pets, and am a mess with they go. They are always there for you, and are a comfort in hard times. My current dog is so amazing that I can't help but think about how this family is going to be flooding the streets when he goes. Good thing he's only 3 1/2.

I don't get it.

Today is office Christmas party day. They are even having it in a real place,. as opposed to in the garage like normal. I greatly look forward to our bosses inspirational end of year speech. He is pretty much the worst public speaker ever. He holds note cards and constantly looks at them while speaking. Then he asks everyone to pray with him. I, of course, just stand there mystified. Hopefully, the food will be good for a change. Plus, we get to go home early afterwards. Bonus!

Playing:
Reading: Mistborn by Brandon Sanderson
Vanguard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5271 on: December 16, 2011, 11:06:12 AM »

My holiday party was last night. Open bar. Surprisingly, my head doesn't hurt. The first thing my manager said to me when I came in today was, "I'm surprised you're here."

GrimReality
Dark Lord of Nostalgia

OK, options aren't SO bad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5272 on: December 16, 2011, 11:09:54 AM »

My holiday party was last night. Open bar. Surprisingly, my head doesn't hurt. The first thing my manager said to me when I came in today was, "I'm surprised you're here."
No alcohol allowed at our parties. Total bummer. Might make it a bit more tolerable.

Playing:
Reading: Mistborn by Brandon Sanderson
Vanguard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5273 on: December 16, 2011, 11:12:41 AM »

I cannot tell you how many shots I took.

Yoda
Sexton Hardcastle

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5274 on: December 16, 2011, 11:37:39 AM »

No alcohol allowed at our parties. Total bummer. Might make it a bit more tolerable.

Working for Mormons?
Tooker
RPGFan Editor

king_friday@hotmail.com PeopleJohnT bigfatusername@yahoo.com
View Profile
« Reply #5275 on: December 16, 2011, 11:44:24 AM »

The only kind we have are jello shots.

Wait, what's that?

Oh, I've just been informed that non-Mormon jello shots actually have alcohol in them.  Never mind - we just have jello.

Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand.
—Kurt Vonnegut
Vanguard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5276 on: December 16, 2011, 12:10:14 PM »

The only kind we have are jello shots.

Wait, what's that?

Oh, I've just been informed that non-Mormon jello shots actually have alcohol in them.  Never mind - we just have jello.

In a shot glass, for some reason.

Bytor
Ego Enhancement Consultant

Hiding in Inaba

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5277 on: December 16, 2011, 12:14:36 PM »

Tomara, sorry about your bunny, personally I love bunnies, we had two, Alice the Bunny, who died @2 yrs ago from, of all things, an allergic reaction and Butters the Bunny which is still hopping around driving the cats crazy! Losing pets sux, my one cat is @15 and I freaking dread the day to say the least!

Everything's Eventual
Tooker
RPGFan Editor

king_friday@hotmail.com PeopleJohnT bigfatusername@yahoo.com
View Profile
« Reply #5278 on: December 16, 2011, 12:16:17 PM »

In 2001, the Utah state senate passed a resolution declaring green Jello the official "state snack food."  So yeah, shot glasses, beer steins, whatever you've got.  If it'll hold Jello, Utah will put Jello in it.

Also, Tomara, my condolences on Chibi.  My morning was pretty similar to yours when my last rabbit died.  Even our cat was sad.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2011, 12:18:07 PM by Tooker » Logged

Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand.
—Kurt Vonnegut
Commander Jubby Shepard
What do you call a kid with no arms and an eye patch? Names.

If you come back you will find me a very grave man

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5279 on: December 16, 2011, 03:01:41 PM »

If it'll hold Jello, Utah will put Jello in it.

I'm going to put this in my signature now.

Listening to FFXIII-2's OST makes me want to replay FFXIII. I have bad tastes in gaming.

If it'll hold Jello, Utah will put Jello in it.
Pages: 1 ... 350 351 [352] 353 354 ... 871 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: