Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2014, 06:13:19 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
319164 Posts in 13033 Topics by 2145 Members
Latest Member: aew0
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  What's the haps?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 364 365 [366] 367 368 ... 835 Print
Author Topic: What's the haps?  (Read 590210 times)
MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5475 on: January 06, 2012, 07:49:04 PM »

Just saw the tentative schedule. It looks more like it's going to be a five week block. As I said though, they're so critically understaffed that if ANYONE leaves the team it could cause problems.

@ grim, down here in the o-hizzle it hasn't been unseasonably warm too much. DEFINITELY warmer than usual and barely any snow, but not really unwintery. Also I'm in the Columbus microclimate which is a solid zone 6, occasionally pushing 7. They got cryptomerias and cunninghamias and sciadopityses all up in this bitch.

... Granted, when I was down near Cincinnati a week ago, the car thermometer thing was reading 77F, although that might've been from car exhaust because ENDLESS FUCKING TRAFFIC JAM.

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

Commander Jubby Shepard
What do you call a kid with no arms and an eye patch? Names.

If you come back you will find me a very grave man

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5476 on: January 06, 2012, 08:09:11 PM »

My mom just handed me an orange slice and said, "See if that makes your mouth numb." I'm scared.

If it'll hold Jello, Utah will put Jello in it.
MeshGearFox

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5477 on: January 06, 2012, 08:39:23 PM »

My mom just handed me an orange slice and said, "See if that makes your mouth numb." I'm scared.

Again. Get a new mom.

o/` I do not dream o/`

Demon_Princess_Kay
Banninated

AnarchKay
View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #5478 on: January 06, 2012, 08:53:52 PM »

Pretty sure that's probably not an orange there champ.

Tooker
RPGFan Editor

king_friday@hotmail.com PeopleJohnT bigfatusername@yahoo.com
View Profile
« Reply #5479 on: January 06, 2012, 09:41:00 PM »

sharing a hotel room

I absolutely draw the line there.  Fortunately, so do my bosses - I've been at a bunch of clients who tried to put it in the contract, but we've always told them it ain't happening.  Also been at a number of places where they wanted to put us up in dorms rather than hotels (I work in higher ed).  Also not happening... generally.  My current client put us in family apartments that they own.  I'd rather stay at a hotel, but there are only 2 semi-decent places in town, and points with either of them wouldn't do me any good.  So I made the best of the apartment deal this time.

Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand.
—Kurt Vonnegut
MeshGearFox

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5480 on: January 07, 2012, 12:48:00 AM »

Seeing as how we're apparently getting sent up there for five weeks, I could see them trying to stick us in a hotel room together.

In which case I'll just laugh and tell whoever's coming up with this shit to go fuck themselves.

Honest to god, I still have no clue who my boss is. My hiring manager left the project completely this week past and the new guy isn't answering my e-mails.

o/` I do not dream o/`

Yoda
Sexton Hardcastle

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

a+dark+eclipse
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5481 on: January 07, 2012, 12:55:34 AM »

Working all night. Started out crazy but slowed down.

Gonna make some homemade burgers tomorrow for food.

MeshGearFox

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5482 on: January 07, 2012, 01:58:14 AM »

Got some weird letter from the IRS. It was sent on december 12, but I was out of town. Whatever.

Anyway, it was opened. I looked at it briefly and thought I needed to submit updated information or I'd get fined. Upon further notice, it's saying I owe 380 dollars on a bunch of undeclared income that... uh... isn't mine.

There's one potential thing I can think of being behind it. If it IS this thing, then holy shit I'm getting out of travelling because I just done got myself implicated in a huge-ass court case.

o/` I do not dream o/`

Commander Jubby Shepard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5483 on: January 07, 2012, 02:46:51 AM »

Just saw Silence of the Lambs for the first time, and I must say: holy fuck. That movie was scary. And, just like I did with Portal, I will get to use lines from the movie several years after it's cool to do so.

Edit: And I just walked in on my mom inspecting my Facebook. I don't know how to feel about this.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2012, 02:54:17 AM by Commander Jubby Shepard » Logged

Tomara

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5484 on: January 07, 2012, 02:58:06 AM »

Tomara, the very same thing is happening here in the U.S. I live in Northern Illinois and the temps have been unseasonably warm. Most people are happy about this, but being the plantsman that I am, I am a bit freaked out. I'm seeing bulbs coming up and buds swelling on trees and shrubs. This is NOT a good thing, and I feel like I'm the only one who cares. A couple days of warmth is no biggie, but when it gets into weeks it causes major issues. The problem is that the inevitable cold will come back and damage all the plants that "thought" it was Spring. It won't kill the plants, but it will lessen the amount of color and growth they put on in this upcoming season.
I'm glad I'm not the only one concerned about it.

Then I'm glad it won't die.

I also noticed there's still fruit on the cherry trees that line the road I always walk when I go to the bakery. It's rotting on the branches but it's still there. Normally the birds would've finished them off months ago. For some reason they don't feel the need to. Or there might be less birds. The types that usually show up in gardens in winter to eat dried fruits and seeds have been strangely absent.
MeshGearFox

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5485 on: January 07, 2012, 03:22:25 AM »

In other news, someone just showed me horse ebooks. Best thing ever!

o/` I do not dream o/`

Demon_Princess_Kay
Banninated

AnarchKay
View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #5486 on: January 07, 2012, 03:47:00 AM »

Just saw Silence of the Lambs for the first time, and I must say: holy fuck. That movie was scary. And, just like I did with Portal, I will get to use lines from the movie several years after it's cool to do so.

Edit: And I just walked in on my mom inspecting my Facebook. I don't know how to feel about this.

better than my mother finding my twitter which is 70% boobs, 25% cocks, and 5% other.

Commander Jubby Shepard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5487 on: January 07, 2012, 03:56:13 AM »

better than my mother finding my twitter which is 70% boobs, 25% cocks, and 5% other.

She's seen mine and I tell her when I post funny things, but she was actually looking through my pictures and friends list when I came in to talk to her. Very glad I haven't posted that abortion joke
Code:
quite
yet. She'd flip shit through the window.

Demon_Princess_Kay
Banninated

AnarchKay
View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #5488 on: January 07, 2012, 04:07:16 AM »

Ugh i wouldnt want my mother to see any of my jokes. Either she'd get pissed and tell me the internet's corrupting me or some such thing, or expect me to marry whomever I'm joking with if it's a male. God she'd think Lazlowe was my boyfriend and expect to meet him. That wouldn't be fun at all.

Commander Jubby Shepard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5489 on: January 07, 2012, 04:13:08 AM »

Ugh i wouldnt want my mother to see any of my jokes. Either she'd get pissed and tell me the internet's corrupting me or some such thing, or expect me to marry whomever I'm joking with if it's a male. God she'd think Lazlowe was my boyfriend and expect to meet him. That wouldn't be fun at all.

You could tell her I was your boyfriend and see if she could figure out the legal issues with that.

Speaking of stupidity and girlfriends, apparently one of my mom's friend's kids got a girlfriend, and for the past month that has been all she has talked about. Not the kids' grades or anything, just the fact that one has a girlfriend. When my mom complained about this to my grandma the last time we met her, she said, "You know it wouldn't do Jubby [I'm using my fake name here, sue me] bad to get a girlfriend. All he cares about is school and that doesn't matter much. He needs to be more social." I wonder how this woman can breathe on her own.

Pages: 1 ... 364 365 [366] 367 368 ... 835 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: