Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2014, 07:38:01 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
319732 Posts in 13047 Topics by 2147 Members
Latest Member: TacoBell_Lord
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  What's the haps?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 366 367 [368] 369 370 ... 837 Print
Author Topic: What's the haps?  (Read 595481 times)
kyuusei
Mr. Lightning Bolt
Administrator

Blame the dragoon.

View Profile
« Reply #5505 on: January 08, 2012, 01:32:49 AM »

Pop's nasty. Sugar's only partly the reason I haven't drank it in like 7 years, the other is the carbonation. I dislike carbonated drinks.

NANOMACHINES, SON.
Demon_Princess_Kay
Banninated

AnarchKay
View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #5506 on: January 08, 2012, 01:52:57 AM »

So i went out to get the mail this afternoon was looking for some DVDs i ordered on amazon, and found a letter from a collection agency evidently my mother used my name to join some cook book club or some shit I know I would never buy, and now I owe 148 dollars to a collection agency cause she never paid for it. This isn't the first time she's done this before, but if she finds the letter she just tears it up. I'm really starting to hate this woman.

Commander Jubby Shepard
What do you call a kid with no arms and an eye patch? Names.

If you come back you will find me a very grave man

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5507 on: January 08, 2012, 02:23:53 AM »

On the topic of moms -- although mine is nowhere near as bad -- she's being quite annoying. Tonight she went on and on and on about how great a parent she is and how none of my friends' parents would do anything she does all because she offered to give him a ride to Robotics club. She does this every single time she offers someone a ride. And she offers a lot of rides. If I point it out than I better prepare for a shitstorm about how lucky I am and how I don't appreciate my life and how she raised a spoiled brat. I swear, the only reason she does any of this is because she either enjoys bragging about how great she is or she enjoys yelling at me, possibly both.

If it'll hold Jello, Utah will put Jello in it.
Demon_Princess_Kay
Banninated

AnarchKay
View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #5508 on: January 08, 2012, 02:46:06 AM »

Gonna go out on limb here, and say neither of those. i think she just likes attention like you do Jubby. Sounds like she's basically doing what amounts to irl trolling Though I could be wrong since I'm not an expert on the subject of your mother.

MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5509 on: January 08, 2012, 03:59:36 AM »

Gumby freaks me the fuck out. Does Gumby freak anyone else the fuck out?

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

Vanguard

I am America, and I hate JRPGs

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5510 on: January 08, 2012, 02:37:47 PM »

So i went out to get the mail this afternoon was looking for some DVDs i ordered on amazon, and found a letter from a collection agency evidently my mother used my name to join some cook book club or some shit I know I would never buy, and now I owe 148 dollars to a collection agency cause she never paid for it. This isn't the first time she's done this before, but if she finds the letter she just tears it up. I'm really starting to hate this woman.

Sounds like it's time to move out.

Thoren: Astronomers fucking love stars and shit. Whitman was a bitch.
Hidoshi: Walt Whitman could beat you with both dicks tied behind his back.
Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #5511 on: January 08, 2012, 02:43:13 PM »

Gumby freaks me the fuck out. Does Gumby freak anyone else the fuck out?

Yes.  I swear that shit gave me nightmares when I was a kid...

Akanbe-

Cheap? I paid a lot for this hat!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #5512 on: January 08, 2012, 04:18:43 PM »

That's really wrong.  What she is doing could have severe repercussions that could follow you for a long, long time.  Depending on how many times she has done this, things like this could prevent you from getting car loans, mortgages, credit cards (or just having a very shitty interest rate), and even jobs because employers are starting to look more at peoples credit scores before hiring them to try and get the complete picture.

If you haven't run a credit report for yourself at the credit bureaus, I highly suggest you head over to https://www.annualcreditreport.com/cra/index.jsp (the only place you should be getting them) and run one.  It's free as long as you only do it once per year.  You need to find out if she has done any real damage to your credit score before she does it any more.

Also, you are not liable for anything that you didn't personally take out or sign up for.  Often, telling credit agencies to back the fuck off and telling them it isn't your debt unless they can PROVE IT IN WRITING that it's your debt and if they don't prove it, they have 30 days to remove it off your report before you speak with a lawyer (probably won't have to go that far).  The tricky part is, your mom is the one doing it which might make doing the whole thing harder since you probably don't want to get your mom in trouble.  Either way, you should probably run those credit reports.  Some people do 1 out of the 3 every 4 months so you have constant coverage, but if you've never run one before, you might want to just get them all at once and see what they say.

Sorry if I come off too serious or overreacting - but there are parents out there who fuck up their own credit up and then decide to ruin their children's credit without telling them.  It's definitely a problem and can be a giant issue to try and fix.

I agree.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2012, 04:20:22 PM by Akanbe- » Logged

"Karma is...secret top tier"~Starmongoose
XBL ID: Akanbe
PSN ID: Akanbe9
Twitter@AkanbeRPG
Yoda
Sexton Hardcastle

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

a+dark+eclipse
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5513 on: January 08, 2012, 04:41:49 PM »

Checking your credit is a good tip.

I was driving around the other day and some spam lady called me. Saying her name was Nicole or something. Yeah right. Nicole Mukopadhyay maybe. She said my balance with "such and such" was over due and they needed payment. Well I said I didn't have one and she wanted my social # to confirm that. *CLICK*

But Akanbe just reminded me of that, good to see no open accounts on anything

I also got a score and my score is apparently SEXY

Vanguard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5514 on: January 08, 2012, 04:42:25 PM »

Do what Akanbe suggested and tell your mom that she's committing fraud in your name. I don't know what kind of relationship you have with her, but a parent that's doing that needs to know that shit's not okay.

I have a ridiculous score and I don't even know how. When I signed the lease on my new apartment, our agent showed me my scire. Came back in the high 700s.

Akanbe-

Cheap? I paid a lot for this hat!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #5515 on: January 08, 2012, 04:56:41 PM »

I have a ridiculous score and I don't even know how. When I signed the lease on my new apartment, our agent showed me my scire. Came back in the high 700s.

Paying off credit cards by their due date and being on time with student loan/car payments most likely.  That stuff really builds up over time.

I was driving around the other day and some spam lady called me. Saying her name was Nicole or something. Yeah right. Nicole Mukopadhyay maybe. She said my balance with "such and such" was over due and they needed payment. Well I said I didn't have one and she wanted my social # to confirm that. *CLICK*

Ugh, I used to get those quite often.  Thankfully my new cell phone shows me what state an unknown number is calling from which is helpful incase they still call, even if it can be faked.  At least it tells me not to bother picking up.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2012, 05:01:17 PM by Akanbe- » Logged

"Karma is...secret top tier"~Starmongoose
XBL ID: Akanbe
PSN ID: Akanbe9
Twitter@AkanbeRPG
Lazlowe1984
Restricted Members

Centurion

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5516 on: January 08, 2012, 05:01:24 PM »

Sorry if I come off too serious or overreacting - but there are parents out there who fuck up their own credit up and then decide to ruin their children's credit without telling them.  It's definitely a problem and can be a giant issue to try and fix.

I remember watching the show Kitchen Nightmares,this guy inherited 250,000 from his grandfather when he died.So then the father decides to use all the money his son inherited to open a burger joint without asking him about whether it was ok.One year later the restaurant is failing,the 250,000 is gone and the son hasn't cashed in a check for 6 months because they owe more than they make.

Vanguard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5517 on: January 08, 2012, 05:38:44 PM »

Paying off credit cards by their due date and being on time with student loan/car payments most likely.  That stuff really builds up over time.

[/quote]

That's the thing. I can't tell you the last time I had a zero balance on my credit cards. I never miss a payment or am late, but I'm usually carrying something from month to month.

Demon_Princess_Kay
Banninated

AnarchKay
View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #5518 on: January 08, 2012, 05:44:31 PM »

That's really wrong.  What she is doing could have severe repercussions that could follow you for a long, long time.  Depending on how many times she has done this, things like this could prevent you from getting car loans, mortgages, credit cards (or just having a very shitty interest rate), and even jobs because employers are starting to look more at peoples credit scores before hiring them to try and get the complete picture.

If you haven't run a credit report for yourself at the credit bureaus, I highly suggest you head over to https://www.annualcreditreport.com/cra/index.jsp (the only place you should be getting them) and run one.  It's free as long as you only do it once per year.  You need to find out if she has done any real damage to your credit score before she does it any more.

Also, you are not liable for anything that you didn't personally take out or sign up for.  Often, telling credit agencies to back the fuck off and telling them it isn't your debt unless they can PROVE IT IN WRITING that it's your debt and if they don't prove it, they have 30 days to remove it off your report before you speak with a lawyer (probably won't have to go that far).  The tricky part is, your mom is the one doing it which might make doing the whole thing harder since you probably don't want to get your mom in trouble.  Either way, you should probably run those credit reports.  Some people do 1 out of the 3 every 4 months so you have constant coverage, but if you've never run one before, you might want to just get them all at once and see what they say.

I agree.

Well this isn't good i couldn't get one of the reports because it asked me which bank I had a mortage account. Which really doesn't make sense cause I've never took a loan out in my life. What in god's name has this woman been doing with my name? You're not overreacting this is exactly what is happening. When i don't even know what accounts and shit are open in my name it is a serious problem FUCK MY LIFE

Yoda
Sexton Hardcastle

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

a+dark+eclipse
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5519 on: January 08, 2012, 05:45:14 PM »

They saw you paid off your $5 NYC donuts all in one swoop and gave you some points

Pages: 1 ... 366 367 [368] 369 370 ... 837 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: