Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 23, 2014, 03:50:42 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
327204 Posts in 13394 Topics by 2163 Members
Latest Member: KashelGladio
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  What's the haps?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 367 368 [369] 370 371 ... 869 Print
Author Topic: What's the haps?  (Read 637173 times)
Vanguard

I am America, and I hate JRPGs

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5520 on: January 08, 2012, 05:51:55 PM »

Shit is fucked up and bullshit

Yeah, you need to have a serious talk with her like right now. If she took out a mortgage in your name that's a seriously big fucking deal.

Thoren: Astronomers fucking love stars and shit. Whitman was a bitch.
Hidoshi: Walt Whitman could beat you with both dicks tied behind his back.
Yoda
Sexton Hardcastle

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5521 on: January 08, 2012, 05:57:35 PM »

DPK, was it a multiple choice question? They asked me 3 Qs that had choices. One of them was "none"

Vanguard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5522 on: January 08, 2012, 06:00:09 PM »

They saw you paid off your $5 NYC donuts all in one swoop and gave you some points

Apparently. It pays to be decadent.

Akanbe-

Cheap? I paid a lot for this hat!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #5523 on: January 08, 2012, 06:08:02 PM »

So i went out to get the mail this afternoon was looking for some DVDs i ordered on amazon, and found a letter from a collection agency evidently my mother used my name to join some cook book club or some shit I know I would never buy, and now I owe 148 dollars to a collection agency cause she never paid for it. This isn't the first time she's done this before, but if she finds the letter she just tears it up. I'm really starting to hate this woman.

That's really wrong.  What she is doing could have severe repercussions that could follow you for a long, long time.  Depending on how many times she has done this, things like this could prevent you from getting car loans, mortgages, credit cards (or just having a very shitty interest rate), and even jobs because employers are starting to look more at peoples credit scores before hiring them to try and get the complete picture.

If you haven't run a credit report for yourself at the credit bureaus, I highly suggest you head over to https://www.annualcreditreport.com/cra/index.jsp (the only place you should be getting them) and run one.  It's free as long as you only do it once per year.  You need to find out if she has done any real damage to your credit score before she does it any more.

Also, you are not liable for anything that you didn't personally take out or sign up for.  Often, telling credit agencies to back the fuck off and telling them it isn't your debt unless they can PROVE IT IN WRITING that it's your debt and if they don't prove it, they have 30 days to remove it off your report before you speak with a lawyer (probably won't have to go that far).  The tricky part is, your mom is the one doing it which might make doing the whole thing harder since you probably don't want to get your mom in trouble.  Either way, you should probably run those credit reports.  Some people do 1 out of the 3 every 4 months so you have constant coverage, but if you've never run one before, you might want to just get them all at once and see what they say.

Sorry if I come off too serious or overreacting - but there are parents out there who fuck up their own credit up and then decide to ruin their children's credit without telling them.  It's definitely a problem and can be a giant issue to try and fix.

Sounds like it's time to move out.

I agree.

Well this isn't good i couldn't get one of the reports because it asked me which bank I had a mortage account. Which really doesn't make sense cause I've never took a loan out in my life. What in god's name has this woman been doing with my name? You're not overreacting this is exactly what is happening. When i don't even know what accounts and shit are open in my name it is a serious problem FUCK MY LIFE

Are you able to get into the other two credit bureaus?  Sometimes they each ask different questions or none at all.  Whichever credit bureau mentioned the mortgage, you might want to try and call them to get more details.  Like Vanguard said, putting a mortgage in your name is a huge deal so calling them on Monday is a good idea.  

Also, it's not entirely impossible that the mortgage is a mix-up.  If someone at the bank accidentally put your SSN instead of the correct one of Random Joe because the two numbers are close, it could show up on your credit report.  The names being different don't really matter with the credit agency because they go off your SSN.  It seems kind of unlikely since you already know your mom IS doing it, but I just wanted to throw it out there as a possibility.  A call to them will clear things up, but in the mean time try to see if you can get the other reports.

DPK, was it a multiple choice question? They asked me 3 Qs that had choices. One of them was "none"

This is a possibility.

"Karma is...secret top tier"~Starmongoose
XBL ID: Akanbe
PSN ID: Akanbe9
Twitter@AkanbeRPG
Demon_Princess_Kay
Banninated

AnarchKay
View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #5524 on: January 08, 2012, 06:10:48 PM »

There were two involving the same account i answer none for both of them, and I know i got the other questions right, but yet it told me i couldn't get the report. So something IS off.

As for talking with my mother I doubt that will solve anything. In her mind everything she does is right there's no point in arguing with her cause she'll never listen. She never has I've tried with everything. She only "accepts" my lifestyle because whenever we talk about it devolves into a shouting match, and the fact that I'm her only daughter.

and I'll try the other 2 before i jump to anymore conclusions then

Well if anything it means i really can't stay unemployed any longer. Gonna start filling out applications next week.

Vanguard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5525 on: January 08, 2012, 06:21:54 PM »

Debating whether or not to go buy an iPad2. Like, tonight.

Lazlowe1984
Restricted Members

Centurion

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5526 on: January 08, 2012, 06:25:45 PM »

I would buy an iPad 2 just to read Viz Manga on it.I have an Iphone for the manga reader but the screen is too damn small.

Demon_Princess_Kay
Banninated

AnarchKay
View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #5527 on: January 08, 2012, 06:27:11 PM »

Anyways seems like i mistook the mortage thing, but there was a credit card I let my mother use with my permission, but told her she had to pay it. I got it during a time where we had financial troubles and said she could use it to pay off a few bills and things. That was a mistake cause it seems she didn't pay it. Not as bad as a mortage but it's still over 1,000 dollars, and there's 3 of those from that collection agency that are around 100. The others are accounts I have paid off. Not as bad as I feared, but far from good.

Yoda
Sexton Hardcastle

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5528 on: January 08, 2012, 06:27:22 PM »

Akanbe should start a financial advisement thread.

I have some questions about investments since it turns out a shelf full of videogames doesn't amount to anything
Vanguard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5529 on: January 08, 2012, 06:34:11 PM »

I would buy an iPad 2 just to read Viz Manga on it.I have an Iphone for the manga reader but the screen is too damn small.

The laptop I'm currently typing on is about seven years old and is starting to fall apart. I don't actually need full processing power, since all I do is watch movies, post online, and read my email.

The question is, do I want to go charge $700 and spend a year paying it off. I already have the financing in place.

Yoda
Sexton Hardcastle

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5530 on: January 08, 2012, 06:36:22 PM »

A friend of mine moved out to Cali this year and works for a small company. His crazy boss bought everyone an ipad2 for xmas. I think that's like 30 people or more.

Fucking insane.

Vanguard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5531 on: January 08, 2012, 06:39:26 PM »

My girlfriend's younger brother got a job at a private school. As part of his hiring package, they gave him an iPhone and an iPad2.

MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5532 on: January 08, 2012, 08:05:50 PM »

Serious shit's happening. And I can't talk about it till the court cases are over but I seriously hope some people end up in jail for a long fucking time. I seriously hope I have a reason to believe in justice.

In other news I don't want to relocate for work, because Columbus is like the only place I've ever really felt at home, but then I go downtown and it's like, hey, bunch of shit in the campus area's out of business, some of my favorite restaurants elsewhere are out of business, what the fuck do I do here for fun anyway? Do I even know anyone? And then I wonder how much this place DOES feel like home, or how much anywhere feels like home. So what the hell do I do? Keep moving till I find someplace else I like and stay there till it feels like it's falling apart to, then go somewhere else? I just want some damn permanence, no matter how brief.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2012, 10:43:25 PM by MeshGearFox » Logged

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

Vanguard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5533 on: January 08, 2012, 11:01:04 PM »

I recently realized I no longer live in New Hampshire, a place where I spent 21 years of my life. I've only been in New York for about two years, but it feels like home for some reason. Move to a place that offers what you want, and you'll find a place.

MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5534 on: January 08, 2012, 11:20:49 PM »

Man, I don't know WHAT I want. Fuck it, listening to Siamese Dream at with the volume cranked and reading horse_ebooks for the next hour.

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

Pages: 1 ... 367 368 [369] 370 371 ... 869 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: