Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 21, 2014, 01:13:15 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Persona 3 FES Quiz is now OVER!
Winner was user: Monsoon!
334550 Posts in 13704 Topics by 2200 Members
Latest Member: Rgeneb1
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  What's the haps?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 394 395 [396] 397 398 ... 899 Print
Author Topic: What's the haps?  (Read 709546 times)
MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5925 on: January 31, 2012, 11:43:19 PM »

Got my badge today. Now have 24/7 access to government stuff.

THIS CALLS FOR A FLUTTERSHY PIC.

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

Tomara

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5926 on: February 01, 2012, 03:25:38 AM »

It's -10 degrees celsius outside. The people on the news can't stop talking about ice skating. My tree is screwed. WTF is wrong with you nature?

Anyway, I don't have any jobs right now, so I'm thinking of walking to the next town the long way round to deliver some pocky to adorable little S. and J. Just the idea of walking through the cold (but it's nice and sunny with clear skies!) will annoy people, so it'll be totally worth it. It's probably good exercise too. But meh, who cares about that?
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #5927 on: February 01, 2012, 10:00:22 AM »

My theory: long transport to work immediately takes a star of how good your day could be.  I've done it, I hate it.  1.5 hours each way, 3 hours a day -- takes a lot out of good valuable "you" time to relax and get stuff done.  No thanks. x(

2 hours of sleep.  I want to die right now.  Spent most of the night writing a paper I'll probably do horribly on.

I'd like to say "I'm gonna go home and make love to my bed", but knowing me I'll stay up doing god knows what.
I also plan on hobo-ing it up and sleeping during my 2 hour break in the library.

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
John
Administrator

DeceptiJohn
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #5928 on: February 01, 2012, 10:01:43 AM »

It's -10 degrees celsius outside. The people on the news can't stop talking about ice skating. My tree is screwed. WTF is wrong with you nature?

Looks like you got the weather we're supposed to have in Wisconsin there in the Netherlands.  It's 50F (10C) here, when it should be closer to 0C or -10C.  All the snow melted off and it's wonderful.

THROW PICKLE IN BURGER TO SPEED UP COMMERCIAL
Tomara

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5929 on: February 01, 2012, 10:25:21 AM »

Wanna trade? I saw several dead birds during my walk. The cold killed the poor things.
MeshGearFox

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5930 on: February 02, 2012, 07:44:24 PM »

One of my coworkers was squeeing over Twilight coming out on DVD.

She's 46.

Also, I notice a lot of nostalgic paintings and photographs in the nursing home when I visited it. Like... pictures of stuff from the 30s. How are nursing homes of the future going to be decorated? Is it just going to be framed pictures of Geocities banners?

Is that really all that we, as a society, have to look forward to?
« Last Edit: February 02, 2012, 10:23:31 PM by MeshGearFox » Logged

o/` I do not dream o/`

CastNuri
AMG A GIRL

There are no coincidences.

CastNuri
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5931 on: February 03, 2012, 01:30:12 AM »

Nursing homes depress me. It's the smell. Like the flesh is rotting on their bones.

We don't get many of those homes in KL; people usually get taken care of by family or relatives (or they return to their kampung in the rural area).

"It is a silly game where nobody wins. " ~ Thomas Fuller ~

http://castnuri.tumblr.com
Tomara

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5932 on: February 03, 2012, 03:42:54 AM »

Yeah, those places are depressing, especially the ones with a lot of people who want to die but can't. My grandparents have been waiting for over five years. They're trying to slowly kill themselves by eating a box of sugarcubes and multiple packs of cookies a week. It's not working. The nursing staff thinks my grandfather shouldn't smoke, but we buy him his favourite sigars anyway. My grandmother suffers from dementia. Out of her nine children who are still alive, she only recognises my mom. According to her, my mom is 21 and does not have children. I use that as an excuse not to visit. Nobody blames me.

Meanwhile, on my dad's side of the family, people have been succesfully dying of the results morbid obesity before their 60th birthday. One of my aunts was so fat she could barely get out of bed. So she didn't and got even fatter. She died there too. Wasn't discovered until three days later.

When I'm really old, I want to go like my uncle's parents. His father died when he and his wife were watching TV. She got up to pour some coffee and when she got back he was gone. She kept leading a fairly active lifestyle. After a few years she got really sick. It was clear she would never be able to get back to her old life if she ever got out of the hospital, so she stopped eating and drinking, and refused medication. She died two days later.
Yoda
Son of Dad

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5933 on: February 03, 2012, 07:46:42 PM »

Best worst day ever

Driver's license expires soon so I went to go renew it earlier today. Anyone that lives in a big city knows the best DMVs are in the burbs. So I spent forever driving to Niles (closest burb DMV to me) and I get there and of course it's empty with no waits. Well I needed to change my address and brought 2 things. A tax thing and a letter from my bank.They didn't accept my bank letter b/c it didn't have a date on it. So sure enough state employees do EXACTLY what they're told and never stray from the company line. He said no can do so I had to drive all the way home. On the way I hit up some shoe stores and couldn't find shit. I'm soooo picky!

I get another acceptable letter and decide to go to a different DMV, so as to not give that asshole the satisfaction of seeing me return. I go to one in the city and sure as shit the wait was almost an hour. I count my blessings b/c as soon as I got my number 40 people showed up behind me.

I get my mew license and state ID and they fuck up. Only giving me one. So I got to take two pictures:!!!!
After that I went to the mall and walked passed the haagen dazs shop b/c i'm a good boy. I bought some shirts and more shirts. Went to gamestop checked out the vita, asked if Dice was working today, and got El Shaddai (new for 20) and Infamous 1 using my gamestop 20% off bday coupon.

Packing and sort of early to bed. Getting up at 3 to make a 6am flight to NYC. I'll post a recap of that for interested parties.

lots of strands in old duder's head.

Starmongoose
Contributing Editor

Vicious Feminist

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5934 on: February 03, 2012, 07:50:35 PM »

I read the first few words of each line in that story. I think I've got the gist.

Went to DMV, went to bed.

SAVE THE PENGUIN!

Here to suck the fun out of games.
Lazlowe1984
Restricted Members

Centurion

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5935 on: February 03, 2012, 08:28:50 PM »

You guys are all mean.

Alisha

Z0eila@hotmail.com Z0eila
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5936 on: February 03, 2012, 08:42:10 PM »

appearently im tsundere but it happens in the reverse order for me. nice then cold. not cold then nice.

“Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from.”
MeshGearFox

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5937 on: February 03, 2012, 10:56:23 PM »

DMV stuff.

Too bad you can't renew your DL online in wherever you live :(

o/` I do not dream o/`

Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #5938 on: February 04, 2012, 02:18:47 AM »

Good luck Yoda!!  Please don't get raped in the even bigger city you visit.

Today... I ...fucked around.  Nothing really got done.  Had an assignment due by 5 and took care of that in 40 minutes.

Did errands though, hung out with dad, and found an awesome new game store in local shit-mall where I chatted up the employee... he played N64 behind the counter.  I hate my job more.

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5939 on: February 04, 2012, 02:41:40 AM »

Where is it and did they have anything good?

I avoid online multiplayer because my brain still works.
Pages: 1 ... 394 395 [396] 397 398 ... 899 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: