Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 21, 2014, 10:07:56 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
We have a new board! Pop on over to the Game Journals section and tell us what you've been playing!
337900 Posts in 13833 Topics by 2212 Members
Latest Member: WhiteWishes
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  What's the haps?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 476 477 [478] 479 480 ... 908 Print
Author Topic: What's the haps?  (Read 736624 times)
Raziel

Megaten Fan

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7155 on: July 30, 2012, 11:18:25 AM »

Went for a visa interview today to get an academic visa for US. So far everything's going according to the plan and I should be starting college in Minnesota this fall. Never been to US, hell, never left Northern Europe, so I'm a bit intimidated by it, especially the finances (got everything covered with scholarship but who knows what kind of shit I might stumble upon to find myself in dire straits haha. I'm not familiar with the health insurance in US, but from what I've gathered I definitely can not afford mishaps in my health while there for the sake of my pocket).

4 years in US. Well, get educated or die tryin', eh?
« Last Edit: July 30, 2012, 11:20:40 AM by Raziel » Logged
John
Administrator

DeceptiJohn
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #7156 on: July 30, 2012, 11:51:52 AM »

Went for a visa interview today to get an academic visa for US. So far everything's going according to the plan and I should be starting college in Minnesota this fall. Never been to US, hell, never left Northern Europe, so I'm a bit intimidated by it, especially the finances (got everything covered with scholarship but who knows what kind of shit I might stumble upon to find myself in dire straits haha. I'm not familiar with the health insurance in US, but from what I've gathered I definitely can not afford mishaps in my health while there for the sake of my pocket).

Best of luck here.  I just moved to Minneapolis, Minnesota myself.  You should actually look forward to warmer weather than Estonia; I just compared Minneapolis to Tartu and was surprised to see Minneapolis warmer.  You will see a lot more snow in Minnesota, though, even if it's warmer.  Can't say much about anything else, though, as I've never been to your area of the world :)
« Last Edit: July 30, 2012, 11:53:25 AM by John » Logged

THROW PICKLE IN BURGER TO SPEED UP COMMERCIAL
Raziel

Megaten Fan

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7157 on: July 30, 2012, 12:44:40 PM »

I really hope it's not too warm because I have difficulties anywhere where temperature rises above 28 Celsius. Of course it depends, if it's dry hotness than I can tolerate it but God forbid if it's humid, then I'm barely alive. From what I've gathered though, Minnesota (and Minneapolis, I'll be near Saint Paull, so it's close) has pretty continental weather. Oh, and I'm really looking forward to good snow. Spent last two winters in Norway, west coast and the winters were a bit too soft for me, I demand hardcore frost and tons of snow!
Akanbe-

Cheap? I paid a lot for this hat!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #7158 on: July 30, 2012, 03:56:53 PM »

Do you have an accent?  Because if you have one, especially if it's "sexy" sounding, it can get you more drunk pussy than you ever dreamed.  I remember a friend of mine and I faked it once to these drunk girls and they loved it.  The first thing they said to us was "ah my gawd I loooove foreign men!" and we knew we were good to go.  Scumbag Akanbe.

and yeah, getting sick here can cost you some serious money.  If it's something simple or something that can be cured easily with medicine, usually the university's medical center can help out for free/cheap.

While John can elaborate more, I'm sure St. Paul should be pretty damn cold and snowy in the winters.  Either way, best of luck to ya.

"Karma is...secret top tier"~Starmongoose
PSN ID: Akanbe9
ZeronHitaro

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #7159 on: July 30, 2012, 03:59:11 PM »

So yeah, speaking of heat...it's over 111 (roughly 48 for you C people) here today. For some reason my AC like to go 'Hey, I'm gonna shut the compressor down at random every few minutes when it gets this hot and turn into a fan kay?'. Ugh...just...ugh.
Dincrest
Spectrum
RPGFan Editor

Stumpy McGunder- thumps

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7160 on: July 30, 2012, 05:33:08 PM »

And remember, over the counter medicine in the US is prescription-strength or stronger in most foreign countries. 

Next bike-a-thon: Diabetes Tour-de-Cure 2015
MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7161 on: July 30, 2012, 08:49:15 PM »

Political ads:

DON'T VOTE FOR OBAMA! EVERYTHING WILL GET KIND OF YELLOWISH AND STATICY.

ALSO DON'T VOTE FOR ROMNEY EITHER BECAUSE EVERYTHING WILL ALSO GET KIND OF YELLOWISH AND STATICY.

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

Darklight

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7162 on: July 31, 2012, 12:20:24 AM »

I think i'd rather be flipping burgers then performing DNA sexing for Avians. Why? So breeders can profit? IDK, Give me some real bloods
ZeronHitaro

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #7163 on: July 31, 2012, 03:53:21 AM »

Holy crap I actually found a break point for Purgatory Sweet's first chapter. It's only 5K words long but because of the nature of the revision I need to do that'll probably come out to 6K+ post-editing. I am really, really happy right now as it's been well over two months since I've made any sort of markable progress. >.<; Alas I fear the revising process is going to bog things down as I get hyper critical of every word. XP (Funny how the more you throw yourself into the creative-creation world the more it makes sense as to why 'van Gogh would cut off his own ear.)
Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7164 on: July 31, 2012, 10:07:17 AM »

Last night I got dragged out to drink with the head district judge of the area I'm in.
Tonight, students from the power company. Oh woe is me.

I avoid online multiplayer because my brain still works.
Dincrest
Spectrum
RPGFan Editor

Stumpy McGunder- thumps

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7165 on: July 31, 2012, 01:22:01 PM »

So how about US judo, huh?  Travis Stevens fighting a match with his head all taped up and bleeding.  And Marti Malloy medaling for the US women.  She's a cute little ass-kicker, eh?  

/pig.  Hey we all are.  Can we help it if so many of these strong, powerful, skilled, badass female athletes are also insanely beautiful?  Dutch field hockey team anyone?  And, hey, it's equal opportunity too.  Plenty of shirtless guys with abs of platinum diving and swimming.  Even I have to admit Lochte's a cutie pie.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2012, 05:24:41 PM by Dincrest » Logged

Next bike-a-thon: Diabetes Tour-de-Cure 2015
Starmongoose
Contributing Editor

Smiley Abuser

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7166 on: July 31, 2012, 01:48:42 PM »

I've bit sitting with a pair of theatre glasses in my living room watching the mens diving.

SAVE THE PENGUIN!

Here to suck the fun out of games.
GrimReality
Dark Lord of Nostalgia

OK, options aren't SO bad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7167 on: July 31, 2012, 02:18:12 PM »

When is the Judo on? I haven't seen any of it. Basically, unless it's on after 7 I miss it.
There ARE an awful lot of beautiful people participating, aren't there? No surprise, really, considering all they have to do to get to the top of their game.
So these people not only have crazy talent over us normal schlubs, but also attractiveness. Wonderful.
The Olympics = inspiring on one hand, and depressing on the other.

Still, I've never been one to find a (overly)physically fit woman attractive. There's something very disturbing about it to me. Like the female gymnasts. Their so stocky and muscular. Yuck.

Playing: DA: Inquisition
Reading: A Canticle for Leibowitz
Yoda
Son of Dad

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7168 on: July 31, 2012, 02:22:21 PM »

When is the Judo on? I haven't seen any of it. Basically, unless it's on after 7 I miss it.
There ARE an awful lot of beautiful people participating, aren't there? No surprise, really, considering all they have to do to get to the top of their game.
So these people not only have crazy talent over us normal schlubs, but also attractiveness. Wonderful.
The Olympics = inspiring on one hand, and depressing on the other.

Still, I've never been one to find a (overly)physically fit woman attractive. There's something very disturbing about it to me. Like the female gymnasts. Their so stocky and muscular. Yuck.

You should probably not find the gymnasts attractive because they're all jailbait :)

Judo and other things are probably on the weird non NBC5 channels during the day.

It's my day off and I'm chilling watching rowing. I don't have cable so I'm stuck with the network.
John
Administrator

DeceptiJohn
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #7169 on: July 31, 2012, 02:29:06 PM »

I really hope it's not too warm because I have difficulties anywhere where temperature rises above 28 Celsius. Of course it depends, if it's dry hotness than I can tolerate it but God forbid if it's humid, then I'm barely alive. From what I've gathered though, Minnesota (and Minneapolis, I'll be near Saint Paull, so it's close) has pretty continental weather. Oh, and I'm really looking forward to good snow. Spent last two winters in Norway, west coast and the winters were a bit too soft for me, I demand hardcore frost and tons of snow!

Nah.  I grew up in the desert southwest (40C+ in the summer), but it's generally around 80-85F (26~28C) in the summer in this part of the world.  There are warmer days than that, but usually just in July/August.

And this is one of the snowiest parts of the US.  22-25CM of snow a month from November-March.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2012, 02:31:13 PM by John » Logged

THROW PICKLE IN BURGER TO SPEED UP COMMERCIAL
Pages: 1 ... 476 477 [478] 479 480 ... 908 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: