Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 21, 2014, 12:49:33 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Persona 3 FES Quiz is now OVER!
Winner was user: Monsoon!
334544 Posts in 13704 Topics by 2200 Members
Latest Member: Rgeneb1
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  What's the haps?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 478 479 [480] 481 482 ... 899 Print
Author Topic: What's the haps?  (Read 709493 times)
GrimReality
Dark Lord of Nostalgia

OK, options aren't SO bad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7185 on: August 02, 2012, 09:41:05 AM »

I've been to the Bristol Renassance Faire on the border of Wisconsin and Illinois about 4 or 5 times. It really is a lot of fun. Especially the first time because it's all new to you. It can get quite expensive, so take plenty of cash.
Also: Ren Faire chicks. Be prepared.

Playing: TWD Season 2, Alan Wake
Reading: Mistborn #2 by Brandon Sanderson
Dincrest
Spectrum
RPGFan Editor

Stumpy McGunderthumps

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7186 on: August 02, 2012, 10:56:44 AM »

Many are attractive, but many are a few shades of crazy (not unlike us lot, mind you.)  Which is why Agent D should take care NOT to dress up as a monk.  Monks are cool martial artists in RPGs, but in medieval times they were celibate, so a monk trying to pick up a rennie chick would be a bona fide Friar Schmuck.

Next bike-a-thon: Diabetes Tour-de-Cure 2015
GrimReality
Dark Lord of Nostalgia

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7187 on: August 02, 2012, 11:21:46 AM »

Many are attractive, but many are a few shades of crazy (not unlike us lot, mind you.)  Which is why Agent D should take care NOT to dress up as a monk.  Monks are cool martial artists in RPGs, but in medieval times they were celibate, so a monk trying to pick up a rennie chick would be a bona fide Friar Schmuck.

One year there was this girl walking around in see through chain mail. She was totally hot, too. Nan didn't even grumble at me for staring.
There are plenty of attractive women in medieval garb with their chest spilling out all over. Then, of course, you have the "not so attractive" people burning your retinas doing the same thing.
The only problem is that it doesn't change much year by year. The same shows, and the same booths, with the same people. This is why we've taken a few years off from it. Maybe we'll go again next Summer. All this talk has me missing it.

MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7188 on: August 02, 2012, 08:02:37 PM »

I went to a ren faire when I was in fourth grade as part of my gifted class* and I don't recall diggin' it that much. Then again I kind of sucked when I was in fourth grade.

* MAN WHAT HAPPENED TO ME.

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

Dincrest
Spectrum
RPGFan Editor

Stumpy McGunderthumps

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7189 on: August 02, 2012, 11:06:11 PM »

How about a little mindless fun? 

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-19050139

Apparently, according to this goofy little "Olympic body match" app, my height and weight is closest to that of Julia Hassler, a swimmer from Lichtenstein.  I guess even after Kryovax disbanded, I can't shake being "the chick in the band."

Bytor
Ego Enhancement Consultant

Hiding in Inaba

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7190 on: August 02, 2012, 11:25:14 PM »

no surprise, I'm a weightlifter, 5' 11" 230 lbs. Expected as I was a power lifter in college and I'm still a "big boy".

Everything's Eventual
Tomara

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7191 on: August 03, 2012, 05:59:06 AM »

I got... Ryohei Kato, a gymnast.

A guy. Of course. Always a guy...

I'm a reverse Dincrest.
FlamingR1ft
RPGFan Editor

View Profile Email
« Reply #7192 on: August 03, 2012, 07:22:20 AM »

I am most like Satoshi Shimizu from Japan. He competes in Bantamweight. I didn't even know what that was until I looked it up. Apparently it's a type of boxing. To quote wiki:
Bantamweight is usually a class in boxing for boxers who weigh above 115 pounds (52.163 kg) and up to 118 pounds (53.525 kg).

Dincrest
Spectrum
RPGFan Editor

Stumpy McGunderthumps

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7193 on: August 03, 2012, 08:22:02 AM »

Satoshi Shimizu was another victim of Olympic controversy.  He knocked out his opponent not once, not twice, but SIX times in his match, and when the ref made the decision, he raised the other guy's arm!  Of course Shimizu appealed and got the victory, but still...

Man, between this, the badminton teams trying to throw their matches, Twitter dramas...

Yoda
Son of Dad

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7194 on: August 03, 2012, 08:29:21 AM »

I can't shake being "the chick in the band."

You need help.
GrimReality
Dark Lord of Nostalgia

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7195 on: August 03, 2012, 11:17:15 AM »

Ha! Got some a female swimmer from the Ukraine name Daryna Zevina! Hilarious. Not surprising, though, considering how much weight I've inadvertently lost these past 5 years.

Dincrest
Spectrum
RPGFan Editor

Stumpy McGunderthumps

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7196 on: August 03, 2012, 11:25:02 AM »

Yoda- Ever since that snippet was written in MRR, that legacy will forever follow me.  I've come to terms with it, though.  It strikes me as amusing, though, because nobody (myself included) thinks my vocals are feminine at all.  Heck, Aerosmith, AC/DC, The Darkness, Emperor, and countless other bands wail higher than I do.  

Ideally, though, I'd like my next band to be a female-fronted thrash-crossover band (think a female fronted Suicidal Tendencies).  I just need to find a badass frontwoman who'll gladly snarl lyrical venom about spewing her menstrual blood into the faces of world politicians who continue to create laws and policies that subjugate women.  And don't any of you say, "But Dincrest, aren't you already a chick singer?"  I mean, a legitimately female frontwoman.  

As for the body match thing, I did get a couple of dude athletes for my results too (a South Korean footballer and a British rower) but being body-matched to the swimmer amuses me the most. 

Yoda
Son of Dad

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7197 on: August 03, 2012, 11:26:13 AM »

You mention it a ton though. Like, eerily so.
Dincrest
Spectrum
RPGFan Editor

Stumpy McGunderthumps

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7198 on: August 03, 2012, 11:53:32 AM »

I'll get over it.  It's like that stupid first phase of a breakup, even if this one was on good terms, where you think about stupid nonsense of the past all the time and everyone else is like, "Snap out of it and get the #&%@ over it already!!!!"  Being in a band is almost like a marriage, and honestly, this one's going to be the absolute toughest for me to get over.  But don't worry, I won't spout one of those "Who am I? How do I define myself?" Wangsty soliloquies that the average JRPG protagonist does. 

Time to put Neal Nerdypants to bed and evolve like a Pokemans.

Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7199 on: August 03, 2012, 02:38:16 PM »

^Goddammit, that's *my* name

Inadvertently spent 30 minutes trying to pick up a girl that is going to be my student next month.

Awkward.

I avoid online multiplayer because my brain still works.
Pages: 1 ... 478 479 [480] 481 482 ... 899 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: