Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 21, 2014, 11:14:39 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Persona 3 FES Quiz is now OVER!
Winner was user: Monsoon!
334637 Posts in 13706 Topics by 2200 Members
Latest Member: Rgeneb1
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  What's the haps?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 487 488 [489] 490 491 ... 899 Print
Author Topic: What's the haps?  (Read 710238 times)
Dade
Rainbow Club Member

D-Rider's Pacific NW Counterpart

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7320 on: August 15, 2012, 09:35:46 PM »

Two awesome things happened today.

Felix Hernandez threw a perfect game. This makes me extremely happy.

Also....this:

SPOILER ALERT IF YOU HAVE NOT SEEN THE DARK KNIGHT RISES:
https://i.chzbgr.com/completestore/12/8/14/7tT_xSyY306TAX_v_uOoWQ2.jpg

Twitter: (at)toddjaynes
XBL: ToddJameson
PSN: toddjameson
Steam: DadeMcLaren

Playing: ACIV: Black Flag (surprisingly awesome!), XCOM: Enemy Within, The Last of Us (finally).
"Resident Evil 6 is a Michael Bay movie." ~Jim Sterling
MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7321 on: August 15, 2012, 10:22:49 PM »

Knucks are crunch and mankle crackin :(

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

GrimReality
Dark Lord of Nostalgia

OK, options aren't SO bad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7322 on: August 16, 2012, 11:35:40 AM »

The only thing I have going for me in life is my job. I hate my job. If I go to sleep, nothing can hurt me when I'm asleep, but sleeping too much just shortens the time between me not being at work and me being at work.
Bold = relevant to my life. Everyone gets on my case about getting more sleep. I like a good snooze as much as the next person, but I hate that it brings the next morning about so quickly. Yay! I get to waste another 10 hours of my life pretending to enjoy my job, and staring out the window! I don't HATE my job, but it bothers me how much time we spend doing them, when there are such better things to be doing.
Plus, if I didn't stay up late, I'd have no time for games, movie, reading, etc. So I can be well rested but grumpy because I have no time for entertainment, or I can be tired and enjoy myself for awhile. Most nights I choose the latter.

Both of these are quoted for truth. After awhile work really does become such a grind. To the point where you really feel like its all you ever do. I often have so much I want to do with my free time that I get overwhelmed and don't use it correctly.

I think overall human well-being would be boosted by 50% if the work week was only 4 days a week.  Hell, even if we worked an extra hour or so on the remaining 4 days.
I think there are companies that actually do this. Plus, isn't the work day/week a bit different over in Europe? Or is that Just France? Don't they do 36 hr work weeks or something? Or long lunches? I forgot exactly how it works. Basically, it's about having an understanding that people want to do more in life than just work.
I would do the 4 day work week thing. Then you could actually go somewhere and DO stuff with the longer weekend.

I dropped my son off at Kindercare for the last time this morning! He's excited about not going there anymore, and we're happy about having some extra dollars in our pockets(well, the virtual pocket).
Starting Monday he walks the 5 blocks to and from school, and gets to be home by himself for a couple hours a day. He's a pretty responsible kid, so I'm not TOO concerned. Still, he's kind of forgetful and moves awful slow in the morning(gee, I wonder where he gets that), so there's potential for trouble.
It's amazing how much money it costs to get a kid ready to start school. We've blown a few hundred dollars just on supplies and new clothes. Then there's the additional stuff like a bike lock, a freakin' umbrella, a new lunch bag, a new backpack, etc. Plus, Nan will have to buy more food so he can pack his lunch every day. So much for having any "extra" money.

« Last Edit: August 16, 2012, 11:47:10 AM by GrimReality » Logged

Playing: TWD Season 2, Alan Wake
Reading: Mistborn #2 by Brandon Sanderson
Yoda
Son of Dad

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7323 on: August 16, 2012, 11:41:07 AM »

At work I have the option of working two 12 hour shifts and a 16 hour shift. I'd have four days off but those long shifts are fucking killer.
Dincrest
Spectrum
RPGFan Editor

Stumpy McGunder- thumps

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7324 on: August 16, 2012, 12:20:04 PM »

And Grim- you can't forget extra keys.  Because inevitably, he's going to lose or forget his house key, and if you want to keep some with neighbors or whatever.  So that might be the straw the breaks the wallet.

Next bike-a-thon: Diabetes Tour-de-Cure 2015
GrimReality
Dark Lord of Nostalgia

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7325 on: August 16, 2012, 01:50:20 PM »

And Grim- you can't forget extra keys.  Because inevitably, he's going to lose or forget his house key, and if you want to keep some with neighbors or whatever.  So that might be the straw the breaks the wallet.
That's actually one of the last things on the list! I'm going to stop tonight or tomorrow to get at least one, if not 2, made. There is a 100% guarantee that he will lose his key pretty quickly.

Akanbe-

Cheap? I paid a lot for this hat!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #7326 on: August 16, 2012, 07:38:22 PM »

Really considering calling in sick tomorrow because my nerves are shot and I'm not being productive anyway, and could probably get a lot more done working from home. Is it still unethical to lie about being sick if doing so let's me actually get more work done?

Am I even lying about not feeling well at this point? Is a nervous breakdown a valid excuse to call in sick?

Do you have personal days?  Even if you don't, if you have sick days they should be yours to use.  Unless you would get in trouble if they found out, I'd use the sick days.

"Karma is...secret top tier"~Starmongoose
PSN ID: Akanbe9
MeshGearFox

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7327 on: August 16, 2012, 07:39:09 PM »

PM was at work today and I haven't shaved in a month. Luckily I beard slow.

o/` I do not dream o/`

Dincrest
Spectrum
RPGFan Editor

Stumpy McGunder- thumps

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7328 on: August 16, 2012, 09:00:23 PM »

Call it a "mental health day." 

Next bike-a-thon: Diabetes Tour-de-Cure 2015
Pmayo

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7329 on: August 17, 2012, 12:46:44 AM »

The only thing I have going for me in life is my job. I hate my job. If I go to sleep, nothing can hurt me when I'm asleep, but sleeping too much just shortens the time between me not being at work and me being at work.
Bold = relevant to my life. Everyone gets on my case about getting more sleep. I like a good snooze as much as the next person, but I hate that it brings the next morning about so quickly. Yay! I get to waste another 10 hours of my life pretending to enjoy my job, and staring out the window! I don't HATE my job, but it bothers me how much time we spend doing them, when there are such better things to be doing.
Plus, if I didn't stay up late, I'd have no time for games, movie, reading, etc. So I can be well rested but grumpy because I have no time for entertainment, or I can be tired and enjoy myself for awhile. Most nights I choose the latter.

Both of these are quoted for truth. After awhile work really does become such a grind. To the point where you really feel like its all you ever do. I often have so much I want to do with my free time that I get overwhelmed and don't use it correctly.

I think overall human well-being would be boosted by 50% if the work week was only 4 days a week.  Hell, even if we worked an extra hour or so on the remaining 4 days.

I would be so down with this. I hate when I have some random day off but then just have to work the next day. Its like my mind does not actually get any time to rest when I know I will just be back at work in less then 24 hours. 4 days off sounds just perfect.

Rumors about my snacks are false. They are not so hot you die of coughing
Bytor
Ego Enhancement Consultant

Hiding in Inaba

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7330 on: August 17, 2012, 09:04:47 AM »

My company actually has a four day/four and a half day work week for management ( in theory). In reality typically one week out of the month I actually get the third day off in the week.

Everything's Eventual
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #7331 on: August 17, 2012, 02:06:46 PM »

Fucking Social Psych class.  The material is so goddamn easy, but the tests the prof makes are goddamn brutal.  I'm passing, but not by much, I'm worried as hell.

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Yoda
Son of Dad

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7332 on: August 17, 2012, 02:09:23 PM »

bought a new car today

GrimReality
Dark Lord of Nostalgia

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7333 on: August 17, 2012, 03:26:03 PM »

bought a new car today

Cool! You know what the next question is. What kind of car did you get?

MeshGearFox

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7334 on: August 17, 2012, 08:55:10 PM »

It's a trabant made of dead hookers.

o/` I do not dream o/`

Pages: 1 ... 487 488 [489] 490 491 ... 899 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: