Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 29, 2014, 09:05:37 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
327636 Posts in 13412 Topics by 2169 Members
Latest Member: KopeAcetic
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  What's the haps?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 489 490 [491] 492 493 ... 870 Print
Author Topic: What's the haps?  (Read 643854 times)
MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7350 on: August 19, 2012, 09:29:04 AM »

EDIT: with WA2, I admire they [did have] a gay character in there... but that was one of the rare cases I thought a "war buddy" story went further than romance.  Heck, I think writers are better with deep friendships than romances 9 out of 10 times anyways, romances are tough (if not contrived, they feel forced or sappy).

Was it even really a romance in the original Japanese version? While I thought it was clear that Brad's feelings were more than just /friendship/ I don't recall it turning into ZOMG MY ONLY SOULMATE 5EVER thing. Fuck I need to finish that game.

Fuck it imma go eat ice cream for breakfast.

I seriously haven't gamed in weeks, and the most I've done all /month/ is just taking out two bosses in FFV in that boss-rush segment around the meteors.

Really confused about what month it is. Recurring dreams about snow.

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #7351 on: August 19, 2012, 11:57:10 AM »

EDIT: with WA2, I admire they [did have] a gay character in there... but that was one of the rare cases I thought a "war buddy" story went further than romance.  Heck, I think writers are better with deep friendships than romances 9 out of 10 times anyways, romances are tough (if not contrived, they feel forced or sappy).

Was it even really a romance in the original Japanese version? While I thought it was clear that Brad's feelings were more than just /friendship/ I don't recall it turning into ZOMG MY ONLY SOULMATE 5EVER thing. Fuck I need to finish that game.

Fuck it imma go eat ice cream for breakfast.

I seriously haven't gamed in weeks, and the most I've done all /month/ is just taking out two bosses in FFV in that boss-rush segment around the meteors.

Really confused about what month it is. Recurring dreams about snow.

I'm sure I heard it was pretty romantic... I remember buzz around his storyline for a reason to it anyways. Then again, I don't know how to read Japanese any better than hieroglyphics, so....

I get into that gaming rut too. All I seriously play these days is handhelds.
FF9 I trudge through really slowly (power levelling on the Grand Dragon so the rest of the game goes quick), everything else I do count on being a shorter title.

http://society6.com/Dice963
Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
MeshGearFox

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7352 on: August 20, 2012, 11:51:27 PM »

Trying to listen to XTC. Having a hard time enjoying stuff right now because I'm pissed off about... news articles. And defeatism. Music's just blunt noise when you're not in the mood. Kind of infuriating.

Signed up for linkedin. No idea how to network on that. I don't really know anyone. Test lead's on there. Like hell I'm adding him.

Feeling antagonized by lunch. Tired of walking out to Wal-mart/Quiznos. Noodles & co is farther away. Lunch is the only break I get. Inwardly groaning about it. Health & Fitness month starts at work and I was signed up to monitor how much I walk with a pedometer. I walk a damn lot. I just signed up because I wanted a free pedometer. I don't know if I actually want to PARTICIPATE.

I did hurt my leg last weekend. Legs usually ache from all the sitting I do at work. Also my laptop bag is fucking up my gait. That's some impetus to work from home tomorrow. Increasingly tenuous grasp on reality is a set phrase I am pulling out of my mind. You're either original or incoherent. I'm trying to break this. This is my art form.

Hello.

Praying mantis.

o/` I do not dream o/`

GrimReality
Dark Lord of Nostalgia

OK, options aren't SO bad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7353 on: August 21, 2012, 11:04:57 AM »

It's amazing how nervous you get as a parent when giving you're child new responsibilities. My wife and I both leave for work by 6:30. He will now be getting up at 6:45, and walking to school at 7:30. Up to this point we've had to pressure him in the mornings just to get out the door to take him to Daycare. I'm hoping the new "burden" of responsibility will kick his butt in gear.
Plus, I'm a tad concerned about him being home alone for a few hours a day. It's not that he'll get in to trouble, as he's a good kid. I'm not sure what it is. Perhaps it's subversive. The relinquishing of parental duties? The beginnings of letting go? It's not really a safety thing, as he's home with our big, black Shepweiller(mix of Rot and German Shepard. Yes, we made it up), who won't let anything happen to him, or the house. I'm feeling kind of melancholy about the whole thing.
He's expressed interest in trying out for Cross Country. I wanted to do that when I was his age, but was too much of a wuss. I never participated in any school sports or activities, which is incredibly stupid. I hope he makes the team. He needs the interaction. Having two introverted parents tends to take it's toll.

Playing:
Reading: Mistborn by Brandon Sanderson
Pmayo

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7354 on: August 21, 2012, 01:47:45 PM »

Went CD shopping. Got copies of XTC - The Big Express, XTC - English Settlement, and Spiritualized - Ladies and Gentlemen we are Floating in Space.

P. thrilled.

I am a weird spiritualized fan. I think the SONG Ladies and Gentlemen we are Floating in space, is one of the greatest songs ever written. I also think Broken Heart off the same album is one of Pierce's best songs. But as a whole its not something I return to again and again. There is just to much that kind of floats by me. I actually like Let It Come Down as an album all the way through better. I also thought Songs in A and E was very good all the way through. I think the new one is spotty but Hey Jane makes it all worth it.

Saw these guys do an all acoustic show at a museum. I tend to like their ballads better then their rockers, so for me it was the perfect way to see them.

On XTC. Are those recent reissues? Really would like to get more into them, just want to make sure I get the most up to date stuff.

Rumors about my snacks are false. They are not so hot you die of coughing
MeshGearFox

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7355 on: August 21, 2012, 07:42:37 PM »

Everything XTC did up through... Nonsuch got re-issued.

At the least, I would recommend getting the Skylarking reissue, since the original US tracklisting deleted Mermaid Smiled in favor of Dear God, and while Dear God is a great song, Mermaid Smile worked far better in the context of the album.

Beyond that, the original US CDs just had bonus tracks added to the middle of the albums, where the side breaks were. The remasters move the bonus tracks to the end of the discs. Although I'm not sure how consistent this is. I don't think Nonsuch and English Settlement ever had bonus tracks, and I'm pretty sure the Big Express remaster leaves them in the middle.

Pitchfork says the sound quality is definitely better in the remasters, although nobody around here carries /new/ XTC stuff for some reason.

Apple Venus never got remaster because it's not particularly old.

Also, uh, does it make me racist if I'm confused by the local East Asian population's fondness for eating sandwiches that consist of a slice of wonderbread between two slices of wonderbead and nothing else, as well as thinking that McDonalds is really high quality?

Cathedral's not an emotion.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2012, 09:50:55 PM by MeshGearFox » Logged

o/` I do not dream o/`

Yoda
Sexton Hardcastle

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7356 on: August 22, 2012, 12:49:57 AM »

the chick i hung out w/ today:
-likes beefs
-likes beers
-sense of humor
-cute
-likes videogames!
Pmayo

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7357 on: August 22, 2012, 07:51:52 AM »

-likes beefs
-likes beers
-sense of humor
-cute
-likes videogames!

I think you may have a winner there!

Rumors about my snacks are false. They are not so hot you die of coughing
Tomara

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7358 on: August 22, 2012, 08:51:11 AM »

My nephew (4) asked me if there were dinosaurs around when I was born. He was sad when I told him there weren't any, because how can people fight dinosaurs if there aren't any dinosaurs? He decided that, instead of becoming a dinosaur hunter, he's going to be a knight when he grows up so he can slay dragons. Or maybe ride dragons and look really cool, he isn't too sure about that part yet.
Dice
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #7359 on: August 22, 2012, 09:14:20 AM »

-likes beefs
-likes beers
-sense of humor
-cute
-likes videogames!

I think you may have a winner there!

Ding ding ding ding ding ding!!

Yoda
Sexton Hardcastle

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7360 on: August 22, 2012, 09:24:01 AM »

also loves baseball and is from tokyo

Starmongoose
Contributing Editor

Vicious Feminist

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7361 on: August 22, 2012, 09:24:45 AM »

Oh, is she of the inflatable persuasion?

SAVE THE PENGUIN!

Here to suck the fun out of games.
Dice
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #7362 on: August 22, 2012, 09:25:08 AM »

Quote for love. <3

Yoda
Sexton Hardcastle

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7363 on: August 22, 2012, 09:27:46 AM »

pvc skeleton with silicone flesh
GrimReality
Dark Lord of Nostalgia

OK, options aren't SO bad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7364 on: August 22, 2012, 10:47:03 AM »

Yoda, she sounds pretty cool. Are you going to now tell us that she's already in a relationship and just wants to be friends or something? That would suck. I love me some cute Japanese girls, but my penchant for women with curves tends to eliminate them from the process. Still, there's more important things than a woman with a great ass(says a guy who has a wife with a great ass. ; - ) ).

So my kid chickened out on going to cross country tryouts. He was bummed and couldn't explain why. I think it's just too much new stuff happening at once. Why couldn't the school wait a week or so, and let the kids get acclimated before starting up sports tryouts? Seems silly to have it on the second day of classes.

Playing:
Reading: Mistborn by Brandon Sanderson
Pages: 1 ... 489 490 [491] 492 493 ... 870 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: