Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2014, 03:58:41 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
319825 Posts in 13050 Topics by 2147 Members
Latest Member: TacoBell_Lord
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  What's the haps?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 510 511 [512] 513 514 ... 838 Print
Author Topic: What's the haps?  (Read 596604 times)
GrimReality
Dark Lord of Nostalgia

OK, options aren't SO bad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7665 on: September 28, 2012, 11:47:14 PM »

Yeah it totally poured here last night for quite a long time.  We're pretty water-logged today.

Have jury duty on Monday.  Should be interesting.
Rain during Autumn in the city is about as good as it gets

I'm jealous of you guys and you're rain. Once again, it's dry as a bone here in Northern Illinois. I'd love to have a rainy Autumn day.

Playing: A Link Between Worlds
Reading: Cosmos by Carl Sagan
MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7666 on: September 29, 2012, 12:08:37 AM »

Imma just start calling Dance Dance Revolution as East Germany. It makes sense to me.

I'M NOT GAY BUT SOMETIMES I LIKE NAKED MEN.

Pretty much always... feel like time isn't linear, around this time of year.

I worked from home yesterday and was a lot more productive than in the office.

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #7667 on: September 29, 2012, 12:55:37 AM »

Imma just start calling Dance Dance Revolution as East Germany. It makes sense to me.

Your caps reminds me of that one like in Brokeback Mountain, where after their immediate and passionate [homosexual] love making, Heath Ledger leaves the tent they did it in and beautifully responds, "I ain't queer!!!" and convincing no one.  Good movie, but I hated that line...

In a similar but different vein of your conundrum, I hate Augusts, I get weird seasonal affective disorder in that lump of time at the end of summer (as opposed to mid-winter).  And every so often I get hit with such a nasty case of "what the hell am I doing with my life" and other self-loathing/feeling-sorry-for-myself thinking that I just lie face forward and curied in the cushions of my couch, butt up.

I'm currently writing a 1,500 word paper.  Which isn't much, but the topic is ludicrous that it's going to be 500 good and honest words, and the rest pure BS.

http://society6.com/Dice963
Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Starmongoose
Contributing Editor

Vicious Feminist

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7668 on: September 29, 2012, 09:35:25 AM »

Your caps reminds me of that one like in Brokeback Mountain, where after their immediate and passionate [homosexual] love making, Heath Ledger leaves the tent they did it in and beautifully responds, "I ain't queer!!!" and convincing no one.  Good movie, but I hated that line...

But it's sort of accurate to how people react. I was kinda known for preying on the sexually confused in High School (don't judge me -.-), and pretty much all of them had a moment like that.

SAVE THE PENGUIN!

Here to suck the fun out of games.
MeshGearFox

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7669 on: September 29, 2012, 10:57:54 AM »

Conundrum about breakfast: Sugar content aside, slaming a Clif bar/Powerbar or two is probably the most nutritionally balanced option I have, but I do that like every day before work and holy dang I am sick of breakfast bars. This is the freakin' weekend and imma have me something different.

McDonald's pancakes are delicious but nutritiously empty. Panera is close, but aside from their pastries and coffee I'm not overly fond of their other foods, and pastries are kind of nutritiously empty. IDK what Brennan's even has. Buckeye Donuts has good donuts, but they're also nutritiously empty. The really good breakfast place is out in like Grandview and that's like an hour and a half away on foot.

So basically I'm just going to internet till a time when it's appropriate to get lunch and then... idk, go get ice cream. Or play Warioland and then wonder why, at 3PM, I suddenly feel so damn awful.

I used to think I was sexually confused in college but in retrospect I was just thinking about claiming to be gay so that my roommate would be weirded out and move and I could have the dorm to myself.

In reality, I'm just too much of a seething misanthrope to HAVE any sexual orientation 8D Chick comes up to me and hits on me I'd be like PISS OFF. Dude comes up to me and hits on me I'd be like PISS OFF. Goose comes up to me, I just curbstomp that bitch because geese are the most terrifying things in the world.

Like, they see me walkin' around town and they're just like, "Oh man y'all thinkin' we forgot our therapod dinosaur ancestry? Naw, man." And then they walk up to you and start honking and biting like it's happy hour at Applebee's.

Usually if some are on the sidewalk I end up crossing the street and just avoiding them. I know that's racist. I don't care.

I mean it's not like I wouldn't curbstomp one if they came up to me. I-I totally would. I'm not afraid of them or anything. They're just like, not worth it.

Okay?

God.

o/` I do not dream o/`

(Tunnels)
Professional Thinger

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7670 on: September 29, 2012, 02:31:30 PM »

I'm currently writing a 1,500 word paper.  Which isn't much, but the topic is ludicrous that it's going to be 500 good and honest words, and the rest pure BS.

That's about how every single paper I ever wrote turned out. Usually I get worried about meeting the length requirements, so I include every inane BS thought I can so I don't have to worry about length, and then end up running up against the maximum page length and have to trim a bunch of shit out. If there is one thing I certainly learned in college, it was/is how to write a paper to sound like I know what I am talking about.

Speaking of, I better work on this paper! :D
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #7671 on: September 29, 2012, 02:47:49 PM »

Your caps reminds me of that one like in Brokeback Mountain, where after their immediate and passionate [homosexual] love making, Heath Ledger leaves the tent they did it in and beautifully responds, "I ain't queer!!!" and convincing no one.  Good movie, but I hated that line...

But it's sort of accurate to how people react. I was kinda known for preying on the sexually confused in High School (don't judge me -.-), and pretty much all of them had a moment like that.

I can only imagine what that's going against the grain like that -- can't be easy I guess. =(

And (Tunnels), thanks for that, I actually feel better and more confident in my bullshitting. =)

http://society6.com/Dice963
Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
MeshGearFox

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7672 on: September 29, 2012, 04:15:13 PM »

One time for Russian Drama we had to write like, IDK a 1000 word essay on some stupid topic. I procrastinated on it till about 60 minutes before the class in which it was, and I only managed to write like 500 words on the topic (it was really too brief of a topic to do more than 500 words on).

So for the second half of the essay, I just reworded the first half. And then I got an A because nobody else actually did the assignment.

---edit---

Reading TVTropes article on Up. Go to the tearjerker page. Read comments noting the film score. Notice that my eyes are watering. Realize that this is a conditioned response. Find reacting to a conditioned response while being aware of what it is is kind of neat.

--- edit2 ---

Every time I hear someone complaining about how much money the US owes to China, I just assume they're really concerned about those horrible yellow slant-eyed demons Out East interacting with the US as a whole. I mean god they don't even speak english what's WITH that?
« Last Edit: September 30, 2012, 12:14:49 PM by MeshGearFox » Logged

o/` I do not dream o/`

Yoda
Sexton Hardcastle

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

a+dark+eclipse
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7673 on: October 01, 2012, 03:05:04 AM »

demetri martin is good

GrimReality
Dark Lord of Nostalgia

OK, options aren't SO bad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7674 on: October 01, 2012, 09:48:28 AM »

Woke up at 5:30am on a Sunday. This is unnatural. The only reason I did this is because my wife had a run at the Morton Arboretum,and, well...Arboretum. I haven't been going to her other runs lately.
It's a bit early in the season but the place is always beautiful, so it was worth it. I got some fantastic photos of the sun coming up over the mist covered lake. Pure beauty.

Walked too much and gardened too much over the weekend, so my body isn't happy. Sore as hell. Ugh.

Playing: A Link Between Worlds
Reading: Cosmos by Carl Sagan
Yoda
Sexton Hardcastle

a+dark+eclipse
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7675 on: October 01, 2012, 05:36:32 PM »

Kevadu linked me to play-asia and I found this in 2 clicks from the link he gave me.
http://www.play-asia.com/Senran_Kagura_Huge_Breast_Hyper_Tshirt_Asuka_Size_L/paOS-13-71-12j-49-en-70-5eut.html

Akanbe-

Cheap? I paid a lot for this hat!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #7676 on: October 01, 2012, 06:01:57 PM »

Goose would look good in one of those.

Oh and I may or may not have broken my arcade stick.  I opened it up today after work and poked around.  Almost broke it just trying to open the damn thing and it's now somehow bulging on the bottom (wtf) but I THINK it's working.  The left input was fucking up yesterday during UMvC3 and I couldn't use the left input reliably.  I tried arcade mode and training mode after I opened it up and tinkered with it.  Not sure if it's COMPLETELY fixed, but I did a about 200 QCB, reverse DP motions, and TK talon strikes and pretty much all of them worked.  I think the ones that didn't are just my sloppy errors. 
« Last Edit: October 01, 2012, 06:11:14 PM by Akanbe- » Logged

"Karma is...secret top tier"~Starmongoose
XBL ID: Akanbe
PSN ID: Akanbe9
Twitter@AkanbeRPG
Yoda
Sexton Hardcastle

a+dark+eclipse
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7677 on: October 01, 2012, 06:38:32 PM »

Akanbe- is hard on his stick

Starmongoose
Contributing Editor

Vicious Feminist

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7678 on: October 01, 2012, 06:50:48 PM »

Goose would look good in one of those.

Damn right I would. I'd prefer if the boobs were a bit higher though, to make me look like i have DD's.

SAVE THE PENGUIN!

Here to suck the fun out of games.
Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7679 on: October 01, 2012, 11:45:00 PM »

Who is the genius that went to Japan right before a typhoon?

This guy right here!

I avoid online multiplayer because my brain still works.
Pages: 1 ... 510 511 [512] 513 514 ... 838 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: