Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 30, 2014, 11:40:35 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
327851 Posts in 13421 Topics by 2169 Members
Latest Member: KopeAcetic
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  What's the haps?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 517 518 [519] 520 521 ... 870 Print
Author Topic: What's the haps?  (Read 645864 times)
GrimReality
Dark Lord of Nostalgia

OK, options aren't SO bad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7770 on: October 15, 2012, 03:42:17 PM »

i've shared this link before a long time ago. but now i'm advocating it for the music. turn it one quiet and play it while you sleep. amazing. http://htwins.net/scale2/

Holy shit, this is awesome! I don't recall seeing it before. I have to show my son this.

Don't forget to click on things for fun descriptions. The first few times I looked at it I didn't know you could do that.
It didn't even occur to me to click on them! Thanks! Talk about a (very worthwhile) time sink.

Playing:
Reading: Mistborn by Brandon Sanderson
Akanbe-

Cheap? I paid a lot for this hat!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #7771 on: October 15, 2012, 03:57:10 PM »

Played football this Sunday.  Got burnt which sucks.  Hope I don't get sunspots from it.  Also now my thighs are burning like a mother fucker.  I haven't been as active as I would like to be in the last 2 years due to health so my thighs haven't seen that much running in ages.  We also played on an astroturd field so maybe that's adding to it since it has less give or whatever than natural ground.  All I know is going up and down stairs right now hurts.

i've shared this link before a long time ago. but now i'm advocating it for the music. turn it one quiet and play it while you sleep. amazing. http://htwins.net/scale2/

Very cool.

guy has some other cool stuff on his site too: http://htwins.net/cuberoll/
« Last Edit: October 15, 2012, 04:01:39 PM by Akanbe- » Logged

"Karma is...secret top tier"~Starmongoose
PSN ID: Akanbe9
Dincrest
Onoda
RPGFan Editor

Lieutenant Commander Vacation

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7772 on: October 16, 2012, 05:51:58 PM »

It's spirit week at the school I work at and today was superhero day.  So for superhero day, I wore the red cape I scored at the Nyko booth at E3. 

"Immortality is a manga artist without deadlines.  Without deadlines, the manga artist will never get the job done."
   -Battle Angel Alita: Last Order, Phase 58
MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7773 on: October 16, 2012, 07:41:14 PM »

Stayed up way too late reading Genesis assembly documentation. Feel exhausted.

I am one boring-ass m!@%erfucker.

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #7774 on: October 17, 2012, 12:51:28 AM »

http://society6.com/Dice963
Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
GrimReality
Dark Lord of Nostalgia

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7775 on: October 17, 2012, 10:14:08 AM »

haha @ above!

It's hilarious how they listen to the question, then use their answer time to talk about something that has nothing to do with it.

It was a pretty weird debate last night. I was genuinely uncomfortable when the two men were getting in each others faces. That should not have happened.
My opinion of Mitt, which was already low, dropped even lower last night. What a jerk. He always had to have the last word, regardless of what the format dictates. Obama was forced to act similarly or risk being perceived as weak again. So he also was interrupting and going too long. It was ridiculous.
They keep talking about the same things, though. Why is no one bringing up social and civil issues? Like how Repubs want to control womens private parts and keep them pumping out babies? Or all the LGBT issues, like marriage and equal rights? Or even how some of the more extreme Righties seem to be trying to move us toward a sort of theocracy? Why has none of this stuff come up? It baffles me.

Playing:
Yoda
Sexton Hardcastle

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7776 on: October 17, 2012, 01:19:10 PM »

my PS1 collection continues to amass

bought IQ
Dice
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #7777 on: October 17, 2012, 01:23:35 PM »

bought IQ

Good, you need it.

BUH ZING.

Akanbe-

Cheap? I paid a lot for this hat!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #7778 on: October 17, 2012, 08:37:52 PM »

Like how Repubs want to control womens private parts and keep them pumping out babies?

All over my town are signs that say, "SUPPORT RELIGIOUS FREEDOM.  VOTE ROMNEY/RYAN 2012".  Often, but not always, accompanied by various pro-life signs.

"Karma is...secret top tier"~Starmongoose
PSN ID: Akanbe9
Bytor
Ego Enhancement Consultant

Hiding in Inaba

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7779 on: October 17, 2012, 10:40:03 PM »

SOB! Forgot American Horror Story premiered tonight and forgot to set the DVR, dammit!

Everything's Eventual
MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7780 on: October 17, 2012, 10:45:58 PM »

@Yoda: 5up! How much did you pay for IQ?

Grim, the scary thing is that Romney was actually, in his own mind, being on topic when he said that wrt reducing gun violence.

Also I think LGBT stuff is coming up less because it's not immediately relevant to job creation, which is the big focus right now. Or something.

Is it wrong that I really have no idea what I pay in income taxes?

Anyway, I modded Phantasy Star 2 so that Monomate/Dimate/Trimates now restore TP instead of HP. I also learned some stuff about how computers work in the process. SCIENCE IS FUN.

And I'm also more convinced that CS programs are doing students a massive disservice by not giving them information on how lower level shit actually works in a PC. Then again, much like job creation in relation to gay marriage, .NET is just a lot sexier than anything that requires you to get closer to the metal.

And it's not that I don't like high-level, managed languages -- I have whole binders full of Lua and LISP. They're really fantastic in terms of WHAT they let you do and how expressive they are, and unwed 68000 assembly begets nothing but violence. But it's a lot easier to write really bad high-level code if you don't actually know what might be going on under the surface.

Which is why I get on Steam and they have games that are blatantly made to look like MSX games, and do a damn good job of looking EXACTLY like MSX games, and inexplicably need a GPU with 512 megs of VRAM to run. It's like seriously? I mean yeah I get why something like Rayman Origins needs a modern video card to run (Oh wait, it doesn't), but when you're NOT going for really hi-res art with a lot of fancy scaling routines, and you somehow manage to bring an otherwise decent system to its knees with excessive particle effects and pixel shaders... REALLY?.

I'm looking at you too, AGEOD. Then again I'm pretty sure they use the GPU to do non-graphical calculations. Because they're French.

Fuck I have to do laundry.

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

Yoda
Sexton Hardcastle

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7781 on: October 18, 2012, 03:35:49 AM »

holler @ Mesh: 40 something off amazon.

Recent PSX purchases:
MML 1 and 2
Tron Bonne
Colony Wars Series
BatmanForever
Gpolice
Sentient
Overblood
night be a few more bastards in there
GrimReality
Dark Lord of Nostalgia

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7782 on: October 18, 2012, 11:17:03 AM »

holler @ Mesh: 40 something off amazon.

Recent PSX purchases:
MML 1 and 2
Tron Bonne
Colony Wars Series
BatmanForever
Gpolice
Sentient
Overblood
night be a few more bastards in there

Dude, why do you keep posting Game Journal type stuff in the haps thread? I'm surprised an Editor hasn't asked you, very politely, to post in the right thread. I don't mean to police, but it's very stark when a list of games comes up in between Meshs Philosophical(incoherent?) ramblings.

Playing:
Dice
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #7783 on: October 18, 2012, 01:46:49 PM »

Not to sound like one of those shitty teenagers.  I love my family, but I seriously don't LIKE them.  Every year they're more insufferable to live with - I'll be glad to leave the house. 
My mum keeps buying packages that she doesn't even open till days later (I think she's officially a fucking hoarder) and my dad loses temper with my mum, but gives me the grief for it.  Today he did it, cursing and profanities and all -- while my fucking PS3 mic was on (that was so embarassing...he's such a fucking tit).  Thanks dad, thanks mum, you're quite the role models! :)

I got three mid-terms next week.  Can't wait for that!  At the very least, nothing is "assigned" mid-term week, plan to just do fuck all with that week.... hopefully some gaming n' drawing n' stuff in.

Annubis

Something something like a tiger

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7784 on: October 18, 2012, 02:17:12 PM »

I have an hypothesis that most people go crazy after having children.
Pages: 1 ... 517 518 [519] 520 521 ... 870 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: