Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 23, 2014, 07:13:32 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
We have a new board! Pop on over to the Game Journals section and tell us what you've been playing!
338077 Posts in 13842 Topics by 2214 Members
Latest Member: CoreSignal
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  What's the haps?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 518 519 [520] 521 522 ... 908 Print
Author Topic: What's the haps?  (Read 739473 times)
Yoda
Son of Dad

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7785 on: October 18, 2012, 02:25:50 PM »

holler @ Mesh: 40 something off amazon.

Recent PSX purchases:
MML 1 and 2
Tron Bonne
Colony Wars Series
BatmanForever
Gpolice
Sentient
Overblood
night be a few more bastards in there

Dude, why do you keep posting Game Journal type stuff in the haps thread? I'm surprised an Editor hasn't asked you, very politely, to post in the right thread. I don't mean to police, but it's very stark when a list of games comes up in between Meshs Philosophical(incoherent?) ramblings.

Because, my good chap, purchasing games is haps. Playing games is apropos for the journal of games. The post herein is more accurately reflective of my own personal worldly achievements.

GrimReality
Dark Lord of Nostalgia

OK, options aren't SO bad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7786 on: October 18, 2012, 02:54:14 PM »

holler @ Mesh: 40 something off amazon.

Recent PSX purchases:
MML 1 and 2
Tron Bonne
Colony Wars Series
BatmanForever
Gpolice
Sentient
Overblood
night be a few more bastards in there

Dude, why do you keep posting Game Journal type stuff in the haps thread? I'm surprised an Editor hasn't asked you, very politely, to post in the right thread. I don't mean to police, but it's very stark when a list of games comes up in between Meshs Philosophical(incoherent?) ramblings.

Because, my good chap, purchasing games is haps. Playing games is apropos for the journal of games. The post herein is more accurately reflective of my own personal worldly achievements.

Alright, that's fine. I've always just seen the Haps thread to be here for us to talk about non-gaming stuff going on in our lives. I think the purchasing of games can very much fit into the journal. But then again, what the hell do I know? Post away, my man.

Haps: This roller-coaster weather sucks donkey ass. warm/cold/warm/cold. Plus, its ALWAYS windy. I swear this has been the windiest October(Fall?) that I can remember. crazy.

Playing: DA: Inquisition
Reading: A Canticle for Leibowitz
Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #7787 on: October 18, 2012, 03:52:25 PM »

My mum keeps buying packages that she doesn't even open till days later (I think she's officially a fucking hoarder)

I do that...

Starmongoose
Contributing Editor

Smiley Abuser

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7788 on: October 18, 2012, 03:55:49 PM »

but...but...it's like a present. You HAVE to open it.

My boyfriend gets Transformers in the mail, which i don't give a shit about, and still get a craving to rip open the packaging.

SAVE THE PENGUIN!

Here to suck the fun out of games.
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7789 on: October 18, 2012, 05:07:04 PM »

@Dice: Hah, my dad walks into my room while I'm gaming and curses at me AND my friends online. It's become so regular that everyone laughs about it. Meicyn's been around for it a few times, and always has a laugh about it.

Been fucking busy as all hell recently. Ton of install work, 5 different locations, more cat.6, rca, hdmi, toslink, vga, rs232, neutrek, iec, and every other possible type of power/data/video/audio/IT connection then I ever cared to see in my life. It's amazing how I don't lose my mind doing it. I just (almost) finished re-assembling a home entertainment equipment rack on the upper west side, more equipment in it then most of you guys probably have for your home entertainment centers combined. It's impressive, considering the people who bought it don't even use it.

Nothing like working in residential buildings....you get booted out at certain times no matter how tangled in a mess of wire you are.

TASTY!
Akanbe-

Cheap? I paid a lot for this hat!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #7790 on: October 18, 2012, 05:50:52 PM »

My mum keeps buying packages that she doesn't even open till days later (I think she's officially a fucking hoarder)

"Karma is...secret top tier"~Starmongoose
PSN ID: Akanbe9
MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7791 on: October 18, 2012, 07:41:16 PM »

Grim, game journal thread is for games played, not acquisitions.

Also man Sentient is weird as fuck but I kind of like it.

The Gpolice games are /pretty as hell/.

I think 40 is what I paid for IQ, back in Michigan. Biggest steal of that trip was Guardian Heroes for 25, though.

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

Dice
Dobbelstenen Muil
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #7792 on: October 18, 2012, 08:07:54 PM »

@Dice: Hah, my dad walks into my room while I'm gaming and curses at me AND my friends online. It's become so regular that everyone laughs about it. Meicyn's been around for it a few times, and always has a laugh about it.

Haha thanks D.  Your spin on it kinda helps. :)

And Akanbe, if my mum did that, I'd have to smack the hell outta her given how good my dad is to her (ironically, less so to me despite me doing the share of house hold chores here).

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Akanbe-

Cheap? I paid a lot for this hat!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #7793 on: October 18, 2012, 09:05:38 PM »

Heh, it was just a reference to one of the latest South Park episodes, Insecurity.  Stan's Dad sees that picture and thinks the UPS driver is fucking everyone's wife because their wives keep getting so many packages from Amazon (like your mom).

"Karma is...secret top tier"~Starmongoose
PSN ID: Akanbe9
GrimReality
Dark Lord of Nostalgia

OK, options aren't SO bad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7794 on: October 18, 2012, 09:10:47 PM »

My wife is kind of the same way with the UPS man. Or anyone who's supposed to be bringing a package(huhu..I said package). She LOVES opening things. She LOVES presents. Even when she knows exactly what she's getting in the mail/ups she still gets all excited about it. At least I know what to do when she's down in the dumps.

Playing: DA: Inquisition
Reading: A Canticle for Leibowitz
Bytor
Ego Enhancement Consultant

Hiding in Inaba

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7795 on: October 18, 2012, 10:16:41 PM »

I have an hypothesis that most people go crazy after having children.

That describes my ex-wife perfectly! Swear to God she was perfectly normal until my daughter was born.

Everything's Eventual
(Tunnels)
Professional Thinger

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7796 on: October 18, 2012, 10:38:39 PM »

I got promoted, woot woot! Still part-time, but the job I'll be doing will be basically one step below what I'm going to school for, and I'll be doing a lot of the same work, so I'll have tons of relevant experience if I don't fuck it up.
Dice
Dobbelstenen Muil
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #7797 on: October 18, 2012, 10:46:14 PM »

Heh, it was just a reference to one of the latest South Park episodes, Insecurity.  Stan's Dad sees that picture and thinks the UPS driver is fucking everyone's wife because their wives keep getting so many packages from Amazon (like your mom).

Haha I know -- I saw it too.  I thought it was brilliant that the picture made sense is whoever's hands too.
I'm just gonna snowball in "Butter's Creamy Goo".

In terms of kids, I still wanna go through with my plan to adopt.  A 5 year old, who's fully potty trained and cries only when something hurts (or wants a toy).

EDIT: Tunns!!  That's wonderful!  Congratulations
« Last Edit: October 18, 2012, 11:03:46 PM by Dice » Logged

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Starmongoose
Contributing Editor

Smiley Abuser

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7798 on: October 18, 2012, 11:17:53 PM »

Gee, you sound so maternal, Dice.

And indeed, congrats to Tunnels. :) Good job bro.

SAVE THE PENGUIN!

Here to suck the fun out of games.
MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7799 on: October 19, 2012, 12:01:05 AM »

Maintenance did their annual apartment inspections today. I used to like, hide all the stuffed animals and random-ass toys I have sitting out. Now I don't even care. I'm like, fuck you I'm 25 and employed I can do whatever I want.

--- oh great I just wandered into some bullshit spaghetti code.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2012, 12:03:39 AM by MeshGearFox » Logged

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

Pages: 1 ... 518 519 [520] 521 522 ... 908 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: