Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 23, 2014, 02:32:01 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Subject: Persona 3: FES
Prize: $20 eShop, PSN or Steam code
Date: 3rd October 2014 Time: 16:00 EST
331925 Posts in 13594 Topics by 2191 Members
Latest Member: Zaltys
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  What's the haps?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 521 522 [523] 524 525 ... 886 Print
Author Topic: What's the haps?  (Read 692168 times)
Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7830 on: October 23, 2012, 06:50:31 AM »

Lost it on a class today.

20 year old boys who don't bother to bring pens to class - but don't tell me until 5 minutes *after* I've given them an exercise sheet, drawing on the paper, spending most of the time when they're supposed to be playing Scrabble trying to see who steal the most letters and throw them at each other and finally putting a girl in a headlock at the beginning of class. I had to kick two out of the class permanently to make my point. They are failing my class.

I honestly cannot remember the last time I was that angry.

Tomorrow the rest of them are sitting down, shutting the fuck up and doing grammar exercises all day.

I felt so old having to give an "act your age" speech but this was more a case of "hey it's a foreigner we don't give a shit about so we can do things we'd never do in a regular Korean class" which pisses me off more.

My coworker and I are going to write a letter and getting our boss to translate and giving it to the head of the department the students are from to emphasise that they are giant dicks.

The worst part is these students are training to be policemen.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2012, 06:52:34 AM by Lard » Logged

I avoid online multiplayer because my brain still works.
MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7831 on: October 24, 2012, 08:03:54 PM »

I'm slamming a Moxie and staying up till 3AM tonight and idk calling in sick to work tomorrow.

I feel like my soul wants to vomit.

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

Bytor
Ego Enhancement Consultant

Hiding in Inaba

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7832 on: October 24, 2012, 09:35:08 PM »

So I had a Sesame Street DS game in my lost and found box at work for the last month....decided no one was going to claim it, took it to Gamestop and along with a sale they had I got Uncharted 3 for $15, good day here.

Everything's Eventual
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7833 on: October 24, 2012, 11:34:24 PM »

So I recently joined a gym by where I live, as I feel that I need to change myself...not necessarily lose weight, but get physically fit. Losing weight is just part of the result that happens. I'm not going to make this like a personal updates topic for me, but I'd like to put in some of the personal gains I've made.

Today, I biked 3 miles in 10 minutes maintaining a 17.5 mile per hour average speed. /end cardio
Weight lifting side, I maxed out at 200 lbs for 6 reps on tricep extensions and upright rows, 200lbs for 4 reps on seated cable rows, 120 lbs for 6 reps on pec fly, 70lbs for 6 reps on straight barbell curls, 85 lbs per hand for 10 reps on dumbell shoulder shrugs, 160 lbs for 6 reps on lat pull downs, and 130 lbs for 5 reps on preacher curls.

I want to note that for the weight lifting, all the mentioned excersizes are the final set of 4, generally consisting of 10-10-8-6 reps. As you can see, some of them are not quite 6 reps, because I straight bitched out and stopped lifting. I used to weight lift in high school, and being in a heavy labor-intensive field has at least stalled my complete fatass-imilation from taking over. I'll probably mention new stuff and add a picture end of the month or something.

TASTY!
Wild Armor
Observer

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #7834 on: October 25, 2012, 12:06:10 AM »

Doing a compariative essay on Naruke's work on Wild Arms (I and III) to Ennio Morricone's scores during his Spaghetti-Western era (Trilogy). This is for my movies and film class.

Avatar Author's sig: Let me know if you know this author. :)
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #7835 on: October 25, 2012, 12:32:58 AM »

Doing a compariative essay on Naruke's work on Wild Arms (I and III) to Ennio Morricone's scores during his Spaghetti-Western era (Trilogy). This is for my movies and film class.

haha good choice. Aside from two I know, how many pieces you referencing.??

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
MeshGearFox

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7836 on: October 25, 2012, 12:47:47 AM »

Assembly hacking and mapping out RAM addresses is fun.

o/` I do not dream o/`

Wild Armor
Observer

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #7837 on: October 25, 2012, 02:40:19 AM »

haha good choice. Aside from two I know, how many pieces you referencing.??

Depends on whatever I'm in the mood for comparing. Morricone's "The Ecstasy of Gold" (The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly) and Filgia theme from the first WILD ARMS game is a must. I've noticed that Naruke has taken some approaches with the Spaghetti Western sound--and by this I mean Morricone's to this Film genre--and apply it to her own writing. I've already read interviews confirming the Morricone influence--and others as well--but I feel that it's Morricone's style (compositional style and unique instrumentation) that really brought out the stark and desolate nature of the Wild West in the Wild Arms Series (I should just point out I still mean the first and third game). Usually I'm used to hearing these sweeping orchestral soundtracks...but not in Leone's Trilogy! Having one of his old classmates--though not realized at the time of composer-searching--was definitely an interesting turn of events, as well the best thing that's ever happened in that genre. I mean...Electric guitars, choral/solo howling and grunts, and so much more!

But yeah, I didn't answer your question. Here's a list of stuff I plan on using

Wild Arms - Into the Wilderness

Alter Code F Filgaia

Wild Arms 3 - Migratory Birds
Wild Arms 3 - Wild Bunch
Wild Arms 3 - Bad Guys and Bad Land
Wild Arms 3 - Ready! Lady Gunner!!
Wild Arms 3 - FATE BREAKER
Wild Arms 3 - Walking into the Heart of Sunset's Light

Wild Arms 4 - Gun Blaze

The good, the bad, and the ugly - Main Theme

Now then, what am I going to do with those bunch of tracks up there? I'll let ya think on that for a bit.

Hint: All you have to do is listen to The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly track to get a good idea on what I'm going to do. I'll even throw this track for comparison as well: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HjjDOdaFZg0&feature=related

MeshGearFox

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7838 on: October 25, 2012, 01:30:04 PM »

Morricone's "The Ecstasy of Gold" (The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly) and Filgia theme from the first WILD ARMS game is a must.

Does that really count? I mean, that's not so much an influence as it is the same song.

o/` I do not dream o/`

Tomara

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7839 on: October 25, 2012, 04:37:19 PM »

After several months of begging for point cards, I finally got enough Nintendo points to order this:

Isn't it glorious?
John
Administrator

DeceptiJohn
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #7840 on: October 25, 2012, 04:55:00 PM »

Nice!  I have the Hori Gamecube controller (http://www.ncsxshop.com/cgi-bin/shop/HGC-11/12.html) and I love it.

THROW PICKLE IN BURGER TO SPEED UP COMMERCIAL
Wild Armor
Observer

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #7841 on: October 25, 2012, 09:23:21 PM »

Morricone's "The Ecstasy of Gold" (The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly) and Filgia theme from the first WILD ARMS game is a must.

Does that really count? I mean, that's not so much an influence as it is the same song.

I'm using it as a borrowing technique composers do when honoring a previous composer--or in some cases blatantly take it with little regard to its original owner, but I don't think that's the case here. The other comparison that I describe is the Mariachi style of trumpet playing (vibrato and staccato notes), the chorus (Ahs singing) as well guitar playing in the Alter Code F arrangement. These three items aren't very significant on their own, but when juxtaposed, you can't help but hear Morricone's Spaghetti Western style--especially if you introduce whistling in the mix.

But yeah, it does look I allude to using it as a influence kind of thing, but I blantantly didn't answer Dice's response until after that paragraph (Sorry Dice, I was really sweepy and [still] sick!).  Sorry for the confusion Mesh. But yeah, if ya would like to check the paper out, I'll have a finished draft by next Thursday for class, which I'll find a bit more presentable in public (hopefully!)

MeshGearFox

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7842 on: October 26, 2012, 10:39:14 PM »

http://www.cnn.com/2012/10/25/tech/web/worst-passwords-2012/index.html ASHLEY? Fucking SERIOUSLY?

---

I remember not liking the ACF arrangements as much. Not sure why. They didn't do anything blatantly stupid like the SaGa 2 DS remixes did aka SYNTH HORNS AND ORCHESTRA HITS EVERYWHERE. I think it's the mixing -- the orchestration, instrument choice, and composition is all very good, it's just got this really /flat/ sound to it. Or maybe these headphones and youtube rips just bluck.

I will say that I felt the WA theme didn't really fit the animation in ACF as well as in the original. The intro /en gestalt/ was just so perfect.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GegTzi2lt2A <- interesting thing I'm noticing here. This actually deviates a LOT from The Ecstasy of Gold. It uses one riff from The Ecstasy of Gold, and mixed with parts of the main theme from WA. The original theme is much closer to the source material.

By the by, just to throw another wireworm in the plug monkey, the WA1 theme really reminds me a lot of Dolly Parton - Jolene. I also find a really pronounced Morricone-ishness in some of David Bowie's work, and... now that I think about it, the Intelligent Qube music.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2012, 11:08:17 PM by MeshGearFox » Logged

o/` I do not dream o/`

Raziel

Megaten Fan

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7843 on: October 27, 2012, 04:22:18 PM »

Ahem, a random question from a confused foreigner: does Target carry lube?

John
Administrator

DeceptiJohn
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #7844 on: October 27, 2012, 04:26:45 PM »

Ahem, a random question from a confused foreigner: does Target carry lube?

Yes, it's on the aisle with the women's pads & tampons.

THROW PICKLE IN BURGER TO SPEED UP COMMERCIAL
Pages: 1 ... 521 522 [523] 524 525 ... 886 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: