Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 24, 2014, 05:21:47 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Persona 3 FES Quiz is now OVER!
Winner was user: Monsoon!
334774 Posts in 13711 Topics by 2200 Members
Latest Member: Rgeneb1
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  What's the haps?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 525 526 [527] 528 529 ... 899 Print
Author Topic: What's the haps?  (Read 714865 times)
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #7890 on: October 31, 2012, 04:34:23 PM »

For the cost of one star bucks coffee (or being generous, 2) can buy you a tin of grinded instant coffee beans.

Ah well... chalk that up to FIRST WORLD PROBLEMS.

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
John
Administrator

DeceptiJohn
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #7891 on: October 31, 2012, 04:36:02 PM »

http://www.walmart.com/ip/21582288?adid=22222222227015602202&wmlspartner=wlpa&wl0=&wl1=g&wl2=&wl3=18162528070&wl4=&wl5=pla&veh=sem

Makes a single cup, little waste, and you can buy whatever flavoring you want.  Save you probably $100/mo if you drink coffee every day.

THROW PICKLE IN BURGER TO SPEED UP COMMERCIAL
MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7892 on: October 31, 2012, 07:38:41 PM »

Get a french press. Costs like 20 dollars. Make exactly as much coffee as you need. Doesn't require electricity. Probably won't break unless you do something incredibly stupid to it.

also already ground coffee gets stale very, very quickly. Much faster than you could reasonably consume it.

Also McDonalds has considerably better coffee than Starbucks.

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #7893 on: October 31, 2012, 08:33:47 PM »

Never buy pre-ground coffee, unless you're some kind of addict who's going to go through a whole bag in a couple days.  I always buy beans, and I keep them in the freezer (no, seriously, they last longer that way and it doesn't really have any downside).

MeshGearFox

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7894 on: October 31, 2012, 10:17:44 PM »

Higher quality instant coffee is generally better than pre-ground.

I was going to buy a coffee grinder at one point but I basically quit drinking coffee in the evenings since I get home from work so late, and then my caffeine tolerance tanked (but only from coffee).

Also, those k-cup things? Worst fucking things.

---edit---

[00:05] <Mesh> in ten years
[00:05] <Mesh> kids are going to listen to Kanye West - All of the Lights
[00:05] <Mesh> and be all "WHAT THE FUCK IS BORDERS?"

Have I also mentioned how much I hate touch devices?

Also, I was listening to GBV - Bee Thousand while riding on the bus on Tuesday. Fairly awake, for some reason, and watching the snow from the hurricane. It was really pretty outside. Felt like I finally got that album.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2012, 12:03:22 AM by MeshGearFox » Logged

o/` I do not dream o/`

Yoda
Son of Dad

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7895 on: November 01, 2012, 04:32:56 AM »

Flavoring coffee or tea is for pussies
Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7896 on: November 01, 2012, 10:54:00 AM »

^What he said.

I avoid online multiplayer because my brain still works.
GrimReality
Dark Lord of Nostalgia

OK, options aren't SO bad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7897 on: November 01, 2012, 12:09:02 PM »

Then you're not drinking the right coffee or tea. I agree that using those syrups or flavored creamers is bad. And bad for you. But getting flavored coffee beans, then adding cream and sugar to your own taste is perfectly fine. I can't imagine drinking the same boring coffee or tea every day.
Heck, the only reason I started drinking coffee is because my wife kept buying amazing smelling stuff like Amaretto and Hazelnut. I grind the beans fresh every night, and the coffee tastes better for it.
My coffee connoisseur wife has tried McDonald's coffee from numerous sites, and says it has been consistently bad. Besides her, though, I have heard it is good. Never tried it myself.
Tea we buy mostly loose now. There's a greater variety of flavors, and they simply taste better. I either drink it unsweetened or with a bit of honey.

Halloween -
I bought a shit ton(350+ pieces) of candy because we normally get 300+ kids. Well, 6 o'clock rolls around(our hours are 3:30-6:00. No fun, I know) and we still have half a bowl left. I left to get some food for din, and came back to an empty bowl. My wife said that we had another run of kids and she gave them handfuls. Probably for the best, as it's dangerous to have that stuff around the house.
Every year I play a little "trick" on the kids by putting other things in their bags besides candy. I'll keep a small pile of pebbles, spare light bulbs, pennies, paper clips, and other junk drawer stuff by the candy, and dole it out to random kids. They open their bag, and I drop in  Reese's cup with a pebble behind it. I got a rock!(The young amongst us might not get this)
I like to imagine their faces when they empty their bags and see this random junk. I believe it's harmless fun, but I'm sure somebody somewhere would disagree.

Playing: TWD Season 2, Alan Wake
Reading: Mistborn #2 by Brandon Sanderson
Yoda
Son of Dad

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7898 on: November 01, 2012, 12:56:47 PM »

Then you're not drinking the right coffee or tea.

I'm all tongue and cheek to each his own yadda yadda but if you're coffee or tea needs to be flavored then  it is you who is drinking the wrong tea.
Starmongoose
Contributing Editor

Vicious Feminist

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7899 on: November 01, 2012, 01:01:25 PM »

The citizenship test in the UK is very simple, if you drink flavoured tea, you ain't British.

SAVE THE PENGUIN!

Here to suck the fun out of games.
Starmongoose
Contributing Editor

Vicious Feminist

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7900 on: November 01, 2012, 02:23:39 PM »

I think I would have diabetes if Lucky Charms were sold when I was a kid. Not that they are sold in shops here, just the American novelty shops. I got a box (so expensive..) yesterday. Got I love cereal with marshmallows in it.

SAVE THE PENGUIN!

Akanbe-

Cheap? I paid a lot for this hat!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #7901 on: November 01, 2012, 04:29:23 PM »

I guess I'm one of the few people who don't drink coffee?  Pretty much everyone I know drinks it regularly in the mornings at work but me.  I rarely need the caffeine boost so I don't usually drink it.

I think I would have diabetes if Lucky Charms were sold when I was a kid. Not that they are sold in shops here, just the American novelty shops. I got a box (so expensive..) yesterday. Got I love cereal with marshmallows in it.

Wow I haven't had that in ages.  I'm sure it probably has little to no nutritional value but I love that cereal.

"Karma is...secret top tier"~Starmongoose
PSN ID: Akanbe9
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #7902 on: November 01, 2012, 05:39:28 PM »

I always try to save marshmallows for every bite, but I never make it and it's not as fun to eat.
I like that the milk turned colour too. :)

I haven't seen Cookie Crisp.  My theory is it's been taken off many shelves because people were just eating cookies for breakfast.  Mmmm.

I'm digging Froot Loops.  I smelt a lemon cleaner (i.e.; lemon being 1/5th of Froot Loops flavour) and had to have it.

I hate Sugar Crisp, but I love that stupid jingle... Can't get enough of that sugar crisp!

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Starmongoose
Contributing Editor

Vicious Feminist

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7903 on: November 01, 2012, 06:02:37 PM »

I also try that Dice and rarely succeed.

Oh! We have Cookie Crisp here. I don't like it much though, Coco Pops are better.

I had Froot Loops when I was over in America as a kid and I HATED them. Blech.

Sugar Puffs and Golden Nuggets are probably my favourite cereal (behind Lucky Charms if I get my hands on them, but they are a treat due to the import shop being so expensive.)

SAVE THE PENGUIN!

MeshGearFox

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7904 on: November 01, 2012, 07:25:55 PM »

I haven't eaten cereal in months.

o/` I do not dream o/`

Pages: 1 ... 525 526 [527] 528 529 ... 899 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: