Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2014, 12:15:39 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
319083 Posts in 13032 Topics by 2145 Members
Latest Member: aew0
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  What's the haps?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 528 529 [530] 531 532 ... 834 Print
Author Topic: What's the haps?  (Read 589323 times)
Starmongoose
Contributing Editor

Vicious Feminist

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7935 on: November 04, 2012, 10:03:38 AM »

I feel the same. American politics seem like such a spectacle. Though in a country where politicians can say the sort of things that they say and get away with it, or have huge followers who love them for it, I'm not very surprised.

SAVE THE PENGUIN!

Here to suck the fun out of games.
MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7936 on: November 04, 2012, 11:03:05 AM »

I feel the same. American politics seem like such a spectacle. Though in a country where politicians can say the sort of things that they say and get away with it, or have huge followers who love them for it, I'm not very surprised.

America is 200-some years old and was founded for, ultimately, political reasons. This is the closest thing to an actual culture we have, as a nation. That and maybe some ritual harm (that's fortunately on the decline).

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

Desert Walker

dimitri_rozokov@hotmail.com bladegolem
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7937 on: November 04, 2012, 12:23:35 PM »

So after I've come to US, the ads have nearly tripled. Not to mention the mandatory pro-Romney advertisement before the beginning of every second video on Youtube.

I've been watching some other videos and it strikes me pretty amusing how large followers both presidents can have, and by followers I mean straight-out devotees who go to these campaign gatherings and have stuff like "I LOVE ROMNEY" signs with them. I think I prefer the cynicism and negative attitude towards politicians that we have back home over this.

I'm being flooded with a constant barrage of local political ads on YouTube about how CANSECO IS OUT FOR THE MIDDLE CLASS or GALLEGO VOTES 100% WITH ENVIRONMENTAL RADICALS and it is driving me insane.  I'm to the point where I only slightly give a fuck about who wins which election as long as that shit stops.
MeshGearFox

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7938 on: November 04, 2012, 05:55:16 PM »

Found a copy of King's Field 2. Swoot. Also the first G-Police game although that's not at all rare.

On the downside, I now have basically every PSX game I really wanted. I guess I'll have to move on to getting stuff I only sort of want, like Azure Dreams and Jade Cocoon. Or Kileak, although as much as i actually liked the sequels to that, the first one sounds pretty lame.

also cut my finger on the case. WHUOPZ.

also for the sake of consistency I motion to change the word "vagina" to "penisn't."

also really need to finish that wizardry 8 mod I started last year and try to make some progress on my phantasy star 2 mod.

also if you have a fluffy cat and have to wash it, though moment when you realize it's basically 90% fluff by volume is kind of terrifying.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2012, 07:18:27 PM by MeshGearFox » Logged

o/` I do not dream o/`

Raziel

Megaten Fan

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7939 on: November 04, 2012, 09:13:43 PM »

Found a copy of King's Field 2. Swoot. Also the first G-Police game although that's not at all rare.

On the downside, I now have basically every PSX game I really wanted. I guess I'll have to move on to getting stuff I only sort of want, like Azure Dreams and Jade Cocoon. Or Kileak, although as much as i actually liked the sequels to that, the first one sounds pretty lame.

also cut my finger on the case. WHUOPZ.

also for the sake of consistency I motion to change the word "vagina" to "penisn't."

also really need to finish that wizardry 8 mod I started last year and try to make some progress on my phantasy star 2 mod.

also if you have a fluffy cat and have to wash it, though moment when you realize it's basically 90% fluff by volume is kind of terrifying.

What are you modding on Phantasy Star 2?
MeshGearFox

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7940 on: November 04, 2012, 10:02:51 PM »

Just screwing around with how items and spells work on the Steam version so that I have an excuse to learn assembly because my actual job is boring.

BTW does anyone else get Voting Day off to Vote?

Also I guess it is Guy Fawkes day. Blow shit up!
« Last Edit: November 04, 2012, 10:04:29 PM by MeshGearFox » Logged

o/` I do not dream o/`

Fei

!?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7941 on: November 04, 2012, 10:32:01 PM »

As a child, my parents would shave our Pomeranian puffdog now and then, and I would always think "... he is that much bigger on the inside" (lie)

He acted like a man, and almost got killed for it (fighting dogs seem to have a code against murder, but the giant snout-snot print in his fur implied the intent to crush)

I'm taking a day off from programming a game for a cornered market... the zaniness... oh so zany...

edit: I have a phone interview on voting day... HA!  Mobile programmer... pfffft

If you re-spec your elduhz and own a Vita - http://twitter.com/BSNursery
Tomara

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7942 on: November 05, 2012, 04:00:48 AM »

Ever since playing Ghost Trick and Tokyo Jungle, I kind of want a pomeranian. Fortunately, it always takes just a few seconds to remember they're stupid yappy dogs in real life.

Today I mentioned I have Suikoden I and II in my collection. Some kid thought this was the most amazing thing ever and asked how I got them, since they're so expensive on Ebay. I told him I bought them in stores when they were still available and affordable. He could not wrap his head around this little fact.
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #7943 on: November 05, 2012, 11:00:10 AM »

Ever since playing Ghost Trick and Tokyo Jungle, I kind of want a pomeranian. Fortunately, it always takes just a few seconds to remember they're stupid yappy dogs in real life.

Eugh, I find tiny dogs the biggest culprit for barking for no goddamn reason.  Med-Big dogs for me. =/

I'm bored as hell in class so I'm on here now.  Gotta read and maybe game tonight.  I bought the new Prof Layton game to keep me company while I read a ton of the BS I do read ("re-stimulates" the mind to some extent when the reading is that boring).

http://society6.com/Dice963
Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Starmongoose
Contributing Editor

Vicious Feminist

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7944 on: November 05, 2012, 12:53:07 PM »

Bang bang bang ka-boom!

It's Bonfire Night (Guy Fawkes). I'm just getting ready to go to my dads, he's built a fire and has fireworks, and my mum has made food. I think it will be a fun night. :)

SAVE THE PENGUIN!

Here to suck the fun out of games.
MeshGearFox

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7945 on: November 05, 2012, 07:50:43 PM »

Just noticed that my middle name was misspelled on my voter registration. FFFF trying to contact the Board of Elections.

ALSO HAPPY GAY FOX DAY FOR PEOPLE IN BRITASH.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2012, 08:58:07 PM by MeshGearFox » Logged

o/` I do not dream o/`

Fei

!?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7946 on: November 05, 2012, 08:06:16 PM »

My Pomeranian was my boy, knaaa~ mean?

All dogs bark... we have an Australian Sheppard, and it behaves similarly to my boy, knaaa~ mean?

whatever dog you have, make sure it fits in your hallway

999 is ... awesome?  I thought Saw1 was cool
« Last Edit: November 05, 2012, 08:09:22 PM by Fei » Logged

If you re-spec your elduhz and own a Vita - http://twitter.com/BSNursery
Alisha

Z0eila@hotmail.com Z0eila
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7947 on: November 05, 2012, 08:36:04 PM »

recently bought a vita AC3 liberation bundle( lots of overtime so i treated myself) and ragnarok oddyssey. i really like the vita but as a psp/ps3 owner i loathe the xmb, it just looks to foreign. since you can do the xmb with the dpad now i hope they add a psp/ps3 style theme in the future so i can have a wall paper. also no flash is fail since it means no pandora :(

“Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from.”
Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #7948 on: November 05, 2012, 09:13:37 PM »

recently bought a vita AC3 liberation bundle( lots of overtime so i treated myself) and ragnarok oddyssey. i really like the vita but as a psp/ps3 owner i loathe the xmb, it just looks to foreign. since you can do the xmb with the dpad now i hope they add a psp/ps3 style theme in the future so i can have a wall paper. also no flash is fail since it means no pandora :(

Took me a minute to figure out what you were talking about since the Vita doesn't have a XMB...

The Vita's interface is called Live Area.  I don't really have anything against it...it's functional but not spectacular.  Which is basically how I feel about XMB, too.  The major difference here is that XMB was designed to be operated with a d-pad while Live Area is obviously touch-based.  Also when you have lots of games installed I like having the option to rearrange the icons as I see fit and the fact that you can see a bunch on the screen at once, which was a major failing of XMB.

I don't know, neither one seems worth getting excited about.

MeshGearFox

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7949 on: November 05, 2012, 11:07:25 PM »

Gonna buy a fucking boombox on the way to the polling station and blast this while I'm in line:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uboLyzK90p0

?espalloc evaw eht ot evitisnes m'I ti sI
« Last Edit: November 05, 2012, 11:17:35 PM by MeshGearFox » Logged

o/` I do not dream o/`

Pages: 1 ... 528 529 [530] 531 532 ... 834 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: