Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2014, 09:34:54 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
319209 Posts in 13033 Topics by 2145 Members
Latest Member: aew0
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  What's the haps?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 531 532 [533] 534 535 ... 835 Print
Author Topic: What's the haps?  (Read 591010 times)
Yoda
Sexton Hardcastle

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

a+dark+eclipse
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7980 on: November 07, 2012, 01:17:52 AM »

I want to commission Mesh to make some art for my house

MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7981 on: November 07, 2012, 01:40:02 AM »

Yoda it'd be a picture of a three legged baby shrugging while breast-feeding from a wolf.

Bought some plants today. All of them are poisonous. Two of them are really poisonous. I'm like a fucking batman villain the yazoo sue express down the dollywood.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2012, 02:12:20 AM by MeshGearFox » Logged

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #7982 on: November 07, 2012, 02:46:42 AM »

Gay marriage and legalized marijuana in WA.  Let's go nuts!

Yoda
Sexton Hardcastle

a+dark+eclipse
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7983 on: November 07, 2012, 02:51:11 AM »

Gay marriage and legalized marijuana in WA.  Let's go nuts!

I'm moving there! But for what?!

or

Prime Mover

All's fair in love, war, and the recording studio

Shattre
View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #7984 on: November 07, 2012, 04:55:13 AM »

Damnit, anyone notice that FOX news was the first one to call it? It's like all the other stations were sitting there saying, "we know Obama won, but no one will believe us until the radical right-wing doushbags admit it." Kinda makes me sad.

I'm really curious as to the nature of how they were able to call Ohio when it was 50/50 and 83% of the votes were in. I think I know why they did it, but I'm just surprised they didn't explain it: basically all that was left were urban, Obama-leaning precincts. So even at 50/50, they knew Romney didn't have a chance, and went ahead and called it. But it did look really bizarre seeing a statistic that says, "Obama wins, even though it's currently a tie". Especially when Florida was less close, and they still haven't called it.

Unfortunately, in other news, my home state/district got FUCKED by radical gerrymandering. Jesus, it's getting ridiculous and evil. So Alaska has this amazing thing where the democrats and moderate republicans actually came together and formed a coalition, and it's been working great. Unfortunately, our douchbag governor hates them, and all the tea baggers are trying to run them out of office. So somehow the state GOP went to town on the redistricting, and it's utterly NUTS! We have one district that wraps around, and then goes 400 miles west all the way to the Bering Sea coast! That was the "lost cause liberal district" that they just created to put all the opposition together under one single person. Suddenly, we have incumbents running against each other because their districts got crossed, and the most angry aggressive assholes win. Furthermore, the guys who did the redistricting, after fighting it off stating that it was completely logical... when they won, they turned around and gloated, admitting they were gerrymandering. That's the kind of shit I expect from 11 year olds, not public officials!

The coalition could have been a model for America, but now it's finished... completely decimated.

I'm liking this new "you can't win by just getting the white vote" talk. MAYBE some republicans will listen. I'd love to see the moderate republicans finally stand up and take their party back. Look, I'm a democrat, but I can understand a lot of the moderate republican ideals, especially on fiscal policy. I'd like to think that both parties are basically "okay" but I just happen to agree with the ideas of one more than the other. But as it stands right now, the republican party has been eaten alive by assholes... politics aside, they're just jerks, if they were liberal democrats, they'd still be jerks. I'm actually starting to feel REALLY BAD for moderate republicans right now, and I want to cheer them on as much as possible. Hey, I even voted for one today. I'll listen to anyone who's willing to work with others and play fair. Our nation was built on compromise, and we have a whole party run by people who don't even understand the concept.

Moderate Republicans: there's a whole party of people who are perfectly willing to listen to your ideas. Come on over to our side and let's get to work. You'll have more success dealing with us than those who drove your party into the ground.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2012, 04:57:51 AM by Prime Mover » Logged

eelhouse.net
- order the new album

Currently Playing: Metroid Prime 2, Trails in the Sky, Bioshock: Infinite
Currently Listening to: Devin Townsend, Dream Theater
Watching: Star Trek: TOS, Slayers, Doctor Who (as usual)
Yoda
Sexton Hardcastle

a+dark+eclipse
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7985 on: November 07, 2012, 06:16:47 AM »

Democrats are also guilty of redistricting to racial bias. Aldermatic maps of Chicago would prove the fuck out of that right now.

Nothing new there.

Parn

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7986 on: November 07, 2012, 07:24:24 AM »

I am looking forward to the massive amounts of butt hurt that will be exhibited on Fox News and conservative talk radio as Obama is re-elected.  The electoral math never favored Romney, ever, since the Republican party continues down a losing path of catering to a dwindling demographic.

One of my co-workers kept telling me how Romney was going to win in a "huge landslide".  He listens to every word Rush says so I'm not too surprised he would think that.  Will be an interesting day tomorrow at work.

I deal with a lot of that at work myself, being military.  Not a single one of them believed me when I said the electoral math was blatantly in Obama's favor for weeks.  Conservative talk radio (I listen to it frequently for entertainment) insisted Pennsylvania was in play when Romney started throwing money at it, but anyone with sense knew that he did it because he knew he couldn't win Ohio and wanted to try to make up those 18 required electoral votes somehow, and so he gambled at the very end the same way McCain did in 2008.  The gamble didn't pay off for McCain back then, and it sure as hell didn't this time either.

The only thing that surprised me with the outcome, is that Florida ended up going blue.  Electoral-Vote showed them leaning barely red.  Everything else though, played out as expected.
dyeager
RPGFan Editor

Code Monkey Like Fritos

View Profile
« Reply #7987 on: November 07, 2012, 07:29:49 AM »

Fivethirtyeight got them all right.
Prime Mover

All's fair in love, war, and the recording studio

Shattre
View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #7988 on: November 07, 2012, 07:31:46 AM »

Democrats are also guilty of redistricting to racial bias. Aldermatic maps of Chicago would prove the fuck out of that right now.

Nothing new there.

Absolutely... it's your civic duty as a politician to try and be as unethical and obnoxious as possible. But no really, you're right, and I feel for those in the opposite situation. But in my case, it's the republicans who are doing it. My dad tries to pretend that the democrats are better, but the fact is, people abuse the power that they have, regardless of ideology. Hopefully the system will eventually sort that shit out, but I'm not holding my breath.

eelhouse.net
- order the new album

Currently Playing: Metroid Prime 2, Trails in the Sky, Bioshock: Infinite
Currently Listening to: Devin Townsend, Dream Theater
Watching: Star Trek: TOS, Slayers, Doctor Who (as usual)
Yoda
Sexton Hardcastle

a+dark+eclipse
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7989 on: November 07, 2012, 08:26:07 AM »

I live in Illinois. Corruption in politics is basically expected and accepted. The fact that this guy was re-elected
http://articles.chicagotribune.com/2012-08-17/community/chi-illinois-house-expels-rep-derrick-smith-over-bribery-charge-20120817_1_bribery-charge-smith-federal-agents

Is a joke. Also, Jessie Jackson Jr. was re-elected as well, leading me to believe there is no future for humanity.

GrimReality
Dark Lord of Nostalgia

OK, options aren't SO bad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7990 on: November 07, 2012, 02:59:39 PM »

I live in Illinois. Corruption in politics is basically expected and accepted. The fact that this guy was re-elected
http://articles.chicagotribune.com/2012-08-17/community/chi-illinois-house-expels-rep-derrick-smith-over-bribery-charge-20120817_1_bribery-charge-smith-federal-agents

Is a joke. Also, Jessie Jackson Jr. was re-elected as well, leading me to believe there is no future for humanity.
Exactly! I'm appalled that a guy who hasn't shown up for work in 6 months got voted back in. With 63% of the vote no less! What a joke.
I'm super happy Joe Walsh is out, though. That guy is scum.

Plus, several of the rape lovers got denied! Go women!

Playing: A Link Between Worlds
Reading: Cosmos by Carl Sagan
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #7991 on: November 07, 2012, 06:14:26 PM »

Given he deleted some of the worst tweets as they were proven dead wrong how about an article covering that meltdown?
MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7992 on: November 07, 2012, 07:45:54 PM »

I'm really curious as to the nature of how they were able to call Ohio when it was 50/50 and 83% of the votes were in. I think I know why they did it, but I'm just surprised they didn't explain it: basically all that was left were urban, Obama-leaning precincts.

Basically. All the ruraler counties that went Romney closed early and reported fast because they didn't have nearly as many votes (and the ones that went Romney didn't really deviate much from 2008, in terms of the Democrat/Republican split). So when Ohio was at 50/50, you basically had like, Columbus, Cleveland, Toledo, and Bowling Green waiting to finish reporting. Really populous areas. Really liberal areas.

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

Starmongoose
Contributing Editor

Vicious Feminist

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7993 on: November 07, 2012, 08:14:06 PM »

I love my mum very dearly, but her Facebook posts make me cringe.

I think it's the fact she writes in Scots as well as them being utterly inane.

SAVE THE PENGUIN!

Here to suck the fun out of games.
Bytor
Ego Enhancement Consultant

Hiding in Inaba

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7994 on: November 07, 2012, 09:24:53 PM »

My limited experience with Facebook and family tells me the two shouldn't ever mix

Everything's Eventual
Pages: 1 ... 531 532 [533] 534 535 ... 835 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: