Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 25, 2014, 02:22:05 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
327435 Posts in 13407 Topics by 2163 Members
Latest Member: KashelGladio
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  What's the haps?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 535 536 [537] 538 539 ... 869 Print
Author Topic: What's the haps?  (Read 640450 times)
(Tunnels)
Professional Thinger

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8040 on: November 15, 2012, 12:29:28 AM »

I work as a reference assistant at a library, and today I was assisting a 14 year old girl with getting music on her iPod. Her friend came up to her while I was helping out this girl, and the friend asks her, "Is that your dad?"

I turned 24 yesterday.

The answer is no, I'm not her father.
Starmongoose
Contributing Editor

Vicious Feminist

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8041 on: November 15, 2012, 01:56:02 AM »

Aw, I'm sorry Tunnels. If it makes you feel better, I have been confusing children for about 5 years now. The amount of times I hear kids ask their parents "Is that a man or a lady" is distressing.

I was blessed with the appearance and voice of a butch lesbian.

SAVE THE PENGUIN!

Here to suck the fun out of games.
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8042 on: November 15, 2012, 02:51:54 PM »

I don't shave anymore because I'm tired of being ID'd when I try to buy booze. I'm 27. I actually argued with a cashier once when they ID'd me and I had left my wallet and ID in a car outside. He refused to believe I was older than he was. I lucked out though when the girl working there recognized me as she is my sister's friend. He apologized, but still didn't believe I was older.

Don't get me started on weight...no one believes I weigh over 350 lbs.

TASTY!
Dincrest
Onoda
RPGFan Editor

Lieutenant Commander Vacation

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8043 on: November 15, 2012, 03:49:35 PM »

I love surprising people like that.  Whenever I play "guess my age" with people, they guess anything from 19-26 when I'm actually 34.  In addition, nobody EVER believes that I used to weigh 240 lbs.  I'm about 160 now.  I also like how nobody expects that I enjoy punk and metal music and that I play in a heavy band.  By the same token, people I meet at shows are surprised that my day job is a special ed instructional aide. 

I remember one time playing old band's EP release show a year ago, some dude asked if I wanted a beer and I declined because I didn't drink.  Then he asked me to join him for a smoke, and I declined because I don't smoke.  Then he asked why I was at a punk show and I mentioned that I'm playing in the next band.  After we played, he grabbed me by the shoulders and exclaimed, "Why didn't you tell me you could shred on bass like that?!?!?  You're the f'n TRUTH man!"  And I politely said, "That's exactly why.  I'm just full of surprises."  I made sure he got a CD, a link to our Facebook so he could come to more shows, etc. 

And when the band I currently play with played a show on Saturday that my old crowd attended, none of them expected what they saw.  I love defying people's expectations, particularly when they underestimate me.

I approve of this nonsense!
dyeager
RPGFan Editor

Code Monkey Like Fritos

View Profile
« Reply #8044 on: November 15, 2012, 03:53:56 PM »

Stock up on Twinkies and Zingers, folks.
Bytor
Ego Enhancement Consultant

Hiding in Inaba

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8045 on: November 15, 2012, 05:11:29 PM »

One of the guys who works for me found out I like hot sauces so he brought me this pepper his Dad grew, not sure WTF it was (and his Dad speaks no English and even the son was unsure what the translation would be, looked like some kind of Cayenne Chili pepper) but that was one tasty pepper, although the Little Lady is currently not too happy with me as I told her it wasn't really very hot....

Everything's Eventual
MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8046 on: November 15, 2012, 09:24:31 PM »

Annoying shit coworkers do: Test lead asks me to go talk to a developer, and he comes with me. He and the developer talk. In Hindi. Test lead then translates back to me.

They both speak English.

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

Parn

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8047 on: November 15, 2012, 10:13:51 PM »

Apparently Sega has a bone to pick with me.

Apparently a 3 minute video clip of their 14 year old game is unacceptable.  My apologies for having the audacity to pay legal tender for your games, soundtracks, and other merchandise.  I'm sorry I thought your game was cool enough to warrant a small fragment of it to be immortalized on Youtube.  Assholes.

Time to start removing all the Sega videos, I guess.  I have two copyright strikes from Sega on my account, and one more gets my Youtube account shut down.
MeshGearFox

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8048 on: November 15, 2012, 10:33:55 PM »

That's sort of funny because I seem to recall Sega giving way less of a damn about emulation and piracy than Nintendo.

By the way, does anyone else feel vaguely ill after drinking diet soda?

Went out to dinner with my mom. Remembered that she's sort of awkward to be around.

o/` I do not dream o/`

Parn

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8049 on: November 15, 2012, 10:48:45 PM »

My Youtube channel is practically barren now after deleting all those Sega videos.
Annubis

Something something like a tiger

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8050 on: November 16, 2012, 12:14:11 AM »

I sure hope Square-Enix never finds my channel... I'd get insta-banned.

EDIT: or NIS... or Capcom... or Atlus...

EDIT2: Oh yeah, and these things stick to your account forever. I had 1 strike on Aug 15, 2006 and it's STILL there. 2 strikes left.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2012, 12:41:02 AM by Annubis » Logged
MeshGearFox

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8051 on: November 16, 2012, 12:43:38 AM »

One of my eBros made a Tim & Eric fan video. Either Tim or Eric like, reblogged the video and gave him props. Then AS pushed a copyright claim or something.

Anyway, so right, had dinner with my mom tonight. Weird thing she was doing was, like, appending "in my opinion" to everything she said. She's never done that before.

I can see why some people do that in the context of potentially heated or offensive topics -- everyone knows the difference between a fact and an opinion, and stating that something's an opinion is more to soften what you're saying and make it clear that you're not trying to FORCE your opinion on someone. Whatever.

Except she was talking about the food she was eating. "This cookie's really good. Kind of crunchy, kind of chewy. I mean, in my opinion." Who the hell says things like that?

She's been at a conference on teaching students with autism for the past two days. I'm... wondering if she got a tip there that you should make it clear when you're expressing an opinion around autistic individuals, or something. And was addressing me like that because she thinks I have Asperger's.

Or she was just drunk, whatever.

o/` I do not dream o/`

Tomara

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8052 on: November 16, 2012, 09:50:32 AM »

She's been at a conference on teaching students with autism for the past two days. I'm... wondering if she got a tip there that you should make it clear when you're expressing an opinion around autistic individuals, or something. And was addressing me like that because she thinks I have Asperger's.

Or she was just drunk, whatever.

Ugh, I hate it when they start acting like that. Most don't see the disorder as a spectrum. They'll stick to the worse case scenario's and end up severely underestimating many clients/patients/students as a result. Either that or they're stuck in tv land. The last psychologist I saw was expecting Spencer Reid, instead he had to deal with me. That must have been a big disappointment...

From my experience, the exceptions are researchers, possibly because they're the ones debunking all those Rainman myths.
Taelus
Some music guy
RPGFan Editor

Leaves from the vine.

taelusramza
View Profile Email
« Reply #8053 on: November 16, 2012, 12:17:07 PM »

Hi we are Sega and we don't make any new Shining games that aren't garbage but no u cant post our videos you might hurt our profits

"IT IS SUBTRACTION.  I WILL COME TO YOUR SCHOOL AND BEAT YOUR STUDENTS." - John
John
Administrator

DeceptiJohn
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #8054 on: November 16, 2012, 12:39:40 PM »

I work as a reference assistant at a library, and today I was assisting a 14 year old girl with getting music on her iPod. Her friend came up to her while I was helping out this girl, and the friend asks her, "Is that your dad?"

I turned 24 yesterday.

The answer is no, I'm not her father.

When I was 22, I was working at a Gamestop.  I had a goatee.  My managers were 31 and 29.  We had MULTIPLE customers refer to me as "that older gentleman who works here", thinking I was 40+.  So don't feel so bad.

THROW PICKLE IN BURGER TO SPEED UP COMMERCIAL
Pages: 1 ... 535 536 [537] 538 539 ... 869 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: