Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 22, 2014, 10:17:47 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Persona 3 FES Quiz is now OVER!
Winner was user: Monsoon!
334652 Posts in 13706 Topics by 2200 Members
Latest Member: Rgeneb1
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  What's the haps?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 542 543 [544] 545 546 ... 899 Print
Author Topic: What's the haps?  (Read 711003 times)
Desert Walker

dimitri_rozokov@hotmail.com bladegolem
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8145 on: November 24, 2012, 08:15:44 PM »

I've just discovered the Rescue the Princess blog and it seems to be a lot of fun.  I think I'll be sinking several days into catching up on the backlog on this site.
MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8146 on: November 25, 2012, 01:10:51 AM »

Zeroth, initial observation: My threshold for caffeine-induced paranoia and visual disturbances seems to be incredibly low. I had a cup of coffee -- mediocre Keurig coffee. I am tripping balls right now and recording it for posterity.

First, a brief observation: Since I started my job, I've experienced more fasciculations (mostly in my legs and arms) than prior to starting my work. Still not very many, and definitely nothing to be concerned about. And almost certainly related to my lack of sleep + bad posture + caffeine intake. Anyway. Read about bening fasciculation syndrome, which is just something where you get a lot of fasciculations. Totally harmless. Started experiencing more fasciculations after reading about it.

Then I read that fasciculations could be a symptom of ALS. At this point, I started experiencing fasciculations everywhere, constantly. Did further research. Found out that the ALS fasciculations aren't something you'd actually feel and are localized to a single part of a body part, and are not all over. Fasciculations promptly stopped upon reading this.

tl;dr I am really good at inducing psychogenic symptoms.

After finding some episodes of Fraggle Rock on Youtube, I decided to delve further intoooo nostalgic childhood TV shows, namely Eureeka's Castle, Fred Penner's Place, and The Elephant Show, all three of which have elements of misremembrance to them, for me (I watched a lot of other shows when I was younger but those memories are too salient to be useful -- there's no cookie crumbs in them, which isn't helping me with... whatever).

So here's the thing. You're three. You see an episode of something. Maybe you misinterpret what's going on in the episode based on your limited worldview/based on Canadian children's TV being odd as fuck. Whatever. You start conflating this with other things.

In particular, I remember two episodes of The Elephant Show -- one involving a power outage and one involving elephant's shadow becoming its own entity (I remember other episodes, but these two are important). In the power outage episode, I... remember the woodsy guy using an exercise bike to power a generator, but I also remember something with elephant getting like, duplicated and doing something within a limited time period that wouldn't have been possible if Elephant hadn't been duplicated.

That sort of wonky bullshit was actually pretty par for course for the show. So something like that happening (and making about as much sense as my description) is far from out of the question.

I don't think this actually happened though. How the scene, as I remembered it, panned out is that one of the musicians (Sharon or Lois who gives a fuck I don't !!) sees Elephant outside of the house, doing something out in the street. Except Elephant is black, instead of gray. Elephant is also somewhere inside of their house at this point. I think this was actually a dream I had about the show, though, because the way I remember the house in that episode wasn't the actual house they used as a set, but my grandmother's house.

Cue paranoia in that I'm not really sure that maybe I didn't actually see something really fucked up that violated my perception of reality and my mind just... back repaired it into thinking it was an episode of the elephant show.

Cue paranoia as my mom's creepy-ass Chatty Cathy doll is currently staring at me.

Cue paranoia when my mom and some of her coworkers described a paranormal encounter they had at camp two weeks ago.

Cue paranoia when I've been under a lot of stress lately and I think my mind might be synthesizing and flushing DMT as a result. Even though there's nothing about this that makes sense it's just like fuck I have this constant delusion that I'm hallucinating except I'm not.

Objects getting duplicated, or multiple instances of the same object coming into existence, or objects existing in multiple places at the same time, are a recurring element in the only dreams of mine that I can really call nightmares. That's why that save game corruption in Morrowind, that caused sign posts to get duplicated, freaked me out so much.

Gonna go nuke some Manchurian Dumplings and turn on some lights. I think the key problem here is that I drank a cup of coffee tonight, even though my caffeine tolerance has tanked immensely.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2012, 01:21:01 AM by MeshGearFox » Logged

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #8147 on: November 25, 2012, 02:02:04 AM »

^Good luck with all that, sir.

Today I saw a pair of $400 shoes I absolutely loved (now if I had the money for it is a different story).  I feel like less of a tomboy than ever this year.  My mum's probably proud and sad that it meant a wardrobe change and $$$ being spent.

On that note, today at work, a customer handed me a black and metal American Express card.  ...yeah.  *It*.  I don't think I'll ever own one unless I can charm the pants off some CEO.  But I also don't know if I'll ever see one of these mythical cards again (unless I completely missed that they'd become ubiquitous or easier to get at some point... or there are just more rich people)..

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
MeshGearFox

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8148 on: November 25, 2012, 02:38:51 AM »

I have a Mastercard debit card and some credit cards I got like two years ago and never bothered activating. I heard that AMEX cards are basically terrible because their processing fees.

If I had one I'd go use it to buy 50 cents candy bars at walmart.

Fitty fucking LOVES Butterfingers.

o/` I do not dream o/`

Bytor
Ego Enhancement Consultant

Hiding in Inaba

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8149 on: November 25, 2012, 08:39:33 PM »

So....stupid f'ing drunk driver rear ended us while we were stopped at a stop light, hopefully damage is cosmetic but the way the rear end looks I'm afraid the frame is bent, luckily we're OK and the dumb bitch got to spend the night in jail. Stupid people.

Everything's Eventual
MeshGearFox

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8150 on: November 25, 2012, 09:52:07 PM »

I think I need to go 24-36 hours without sleeping to reset my mind.

o/` I do not dream o/`

Dice
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #8151 on: November 25, 2012, 10:31:08 PM »

So....stupid f'ing drunk driver rear ended us while we were stopped at a stop light, hopefully damage is cosmetic but the way the rear end looks I'm afraid the frame is bent, luckily we're OK and the dumb bitch got to spend the night in jail. Stupid people.

I'm just glad you're ok.  Drunk driver accidents can go a *lot* worse.  Hopefully you're not paying anything drastic and insurance has ya covered.

Today was busy, and now I do project.  B@()#@#*^@%&%!.

GrimReality
Dark Lord of Nostalgia

OK, options aren't SO bad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8152 on: November 26, 2012, 12:03:47 AM »

Finally finished doing the outdoor Christmas lights. It's always been such a pain in the ass because our house doesn't have any outdoor outlets. I have to run numerous extension cords from my garage to wherever I want to string lights. I've gotten quite good at it over the years, but I still wish I had an outlet or two out there. Apparently in 1956 this wasn't a thing? I don't know. Cool thing is that I now have it all on timers. On at 4:30. Off at 10:30. No more plugging and unplugging.
I don't feel like going to work tomorrow. 4 days off will do that to you.

Playing: TWD Season 2, Alan Wake
Reading: Mistborn #2 by Brandon Sanderson
Dice
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #8153 on: November 26, 2012, 02:11:57 AM »

So here's my nightmare... the night before a project is due and I can't fucking access the internet for 5 hours.  Late night.  I'm glad it's back up, but it's still working like ass.

Starmongoose
Contributing Editor

Vicious Feminist

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8154 on: November 26, 2012, 10:19:59 AM »

Step parents are staying over. IM HAVING SO MUCH FUN. FUN FUN FUN. OUT MY FUCKING EARS.

I can't take much more of this.

"I bought you teabags, Hughie was moaning about me using all his tea."
"Oh, he was just kidding. He doesn't really mind."
"Oh, you don't know him like I do."

ORLY. Living together for four years and I'm still getting this shit.

Everything I have cooked has been met with the scrunched up nose as if I just served them maggot pie. Lucky I'm not self-conscious about my cooking, I know I can cook. They are just picky stuck-up in-laws who seem to want to act as if they are the parents from Everybody Loves Raymond.

SAVE THE PENGUIN!

Here to suck the fun out of games.
Yoda
Son of Dad

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8155 on: November 26, 2012, 06:33:27 PM »

So here's my nightmare... the night before a project is due and I can't fucking access the internet for 5 hours.  Late night.  I'm glad it's back up, but it's still working like ass.

I'm currently trying to figure out how I can get internet in my new apartment as soon as I move in.
Annubis

Something something like a tiger

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8156 on: November 26, 2012, 07:03:41 PM »

Star, at least they acknowledge you... I've seen some people lose most of their family due to unaccepted relationships.
MeshGearFox

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8157 on: November 26, 2012, 07:41:56 PM »

scrunched up nose as if I just served them maggot pie.

But I thought maggot pie was the national dish of the UK!!!

o/` I do not dream o/`

Yoda
Son of Dad

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8158 on: November 26, 2012, 07:52:40 PM »

Goose, is everyone unfriendly over there?
Dice
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #8159 on: November 26, 2012, 07:56:51 PM »

Goose, is everyone unfriendly over there?

If Harry Potter is any indication of the English-speaking North, then it seems that way.  I think all of 5 people in that cast of 200 were nice.  Everyone else was varying degrees of jerky.  Star would be one of the good guys.

Yodes, you get a 'partment?

Pages: 1 ... 542 543 [544] 545 546 ... 899 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: