Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 23, 2014, 08:26:28 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
We have a new board! Pop on over to the Game Journals section and tell us what you've been playing!
338083 Posts in 13842 Topics by 2214 Members
Latest Member: CoreSignal
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  What's the haps?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 543 544 [545] 546 547 ... 908 Print
Author Topic: What's the haps?  (Read 739568 times)
Desert Walker

dimitri_rozokov@hotmail.com bladegolem
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8160 on: November 26, 2012, 07:58:14 PM »

Damn 1up.com.  Every time I visit that site I seem to end up with 20 new tabs open and hours of reading ahead of me.

I'm currently trying to figure out how I can get internet in my new apartment as soon as I move in.

It be true.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2012, 08:00:04 PM by Desert Walker » Logged
Yoda
Son of Dad

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8161 on: November 26, 2012, 08:08:58 PM »

Yeah it seems that way. They just need to fix a few things before I sign a lease. Should be moving soon!

It's going to be me sleeping on a futon mattress on the floor with a TV in front of it for a while!
MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8162 on: November 26, 2012, 09:16:08 PM »

I tried getting the hotel's wifi that's across the street from me and by across the street i mean it's basically in the complex.

My apartment's basically always a huge mess because I'm barely around enough to like, even feel like I LIVE here.

Also I bought http://media.trollandtoad.com/products/pictures/936418.jpg from one of those dodgy looking TRU Expresses. Its ass is deformed.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2012, 11:28:45 PM by MeshGearFox » Logged

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

Starmongoose
Contributing Editor

Smiley Abuser

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8163 on: November 27, 2012, 04:33:01 AM »

Star, at least they acknowledge you... I've seen some people lose most of their family due to unaccepted relationships.

This is true, but at the same time, if I am true to myself and believing that gay relationships are equal to straight relationships, I really can't be giving out points for NOT disowning their son.

Goose, is everyone unfriendly over there?

Oh, they are nice people. His mother just feels like its her duty to show me up every chance she gets. As is the case with most in laws, if sitcoms tell me anything.

scrunched up nose as if I just served them maggot pie.

But I thought maggot pie was the national dish of the UK!!!

Each country kind of has its own national dish in the UK. My favourite is Wales, who's national dish is grilled cheese. Classy.

SAVE THE PENGUIN!

Here to suck the fun out of games.
GrimReality
Dark Lord of Nostalgia

OK, options aren't SO bad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8164 on: November 27, 2012, 09:37:38 AM »

Yeah it seems that way. They just need to fix a few things before I sign a lease. Should be moving soon!

It's going to be me sleeping on a futon mattress on the floor with a TV in front of it for a while!
Yodes, are you staying in Chicago? Why do you have to move? Perhaps I missed something earlier.

Each country kind of has its own national dish in the UK. My favourite is Wales, who's national dish is grilled cheese. Classy.
Apparently, you haven't had great experience with grilled cheese. The right kind of bread, paired with a mix of truly great cheeses, can make for heaven on a plate. Get a nice, creamy bowl of Tomato Basil soup to go with it, and you have the perfect meal. Yum.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2012, 05:03:07 PM by GrimReality » Logged

Playing: DA: Inquisition
Reading: A Canticle for Leibowitz
Dice
Dobbelstenen Muil
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #8165 on: November 27, 2012, 02:02:38 PM »

I've just discovered the Rescue the Princess blog and it seems to be a lot of fun.  I think I'll be sinking several days into catching up on the backlog on this site.

I love this bloggy thing. <3
FAV'd

Sharing one of my favorites, good for quick chuckles when class is boring me to tears. 27b/6.  Lots of writing, but read the fatter column in the middle; this man is a satirical genius.

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
(Tunnels)
Professional Thinger

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8166 on: November 27, 2012, 04:20:46 PM »

I've just discovered the Rescue the Princess blog and it seems to be a lot of fun.  I think I'll be sinking several days into catching up on the backlog on this site.

I love this bloggy thing. <3
FAV'd

Sharing one of my favorites, good for quick chuckles when class is boring me to tears. 27b/6.  Lots of writing, but read the fatter column in the middle; this man is a satirical genius.

I've always been a fan of Blogger Beware, which I'd take a look at if you ever read the Goosebumps books as a kid.
Bytor
Ego Enhancement Consultant

Hiding in Inaba

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8167 on: November 27, 2012, 08:24:50 PM »

So...in a almost comedic turn of events the idiot who rear ended us and destroyed our new car Sat was arrested Sun afternoon for possession of marijuana, resisting arrest, disorderly conduct and drug paraphernalia...wow...simply wow...on the flip side my lawyer is ecstatic about this turn of events, lol.

Everything's Eventual
Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8168 on: November 27, 2012, 08:27:08 PM »

Congrats \(^^)/

Walked in on Monday thinking I had one more week of classes. Turns out I am done teaching until the camp in January.
Done teaching uni students until March.

I avoid online multiplayer because my brain still works.
Yoda
Son of Dad

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8169 on: November 27, 2012, 08:43:47 PM »

Yodes, are you staying in Chicago? Why do you have to move? Perhaps I missed something earlier.

Apparently, you haven't had great experience with grilled cheese. The right kind of bread, paired with a mix of truly great cheeses, can make for heaven on a plate. Get a nice, creamy bowl of Tomato Basil soup to go with it, and you have the perfect meal. Yum.

Moving back to Chicago. The last 6 months I've been living back with the parents. It's been awful. Moved back after me and -1 broke up
Dice
Dobbelstenen Muil
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #8170 on: November 27, 2012, 10:39:25 PM »

Moving back to Chicago. The last 6 months I've been living back with the parents. It's been awful. Moved back after me and -1 broke up

But, def Congrats on the new place and the new +1! :)
Both a lovely combo together...hwink wink.

Work, paper, life contemplation.
My old summer fling came into the store today.  Fuck me, he was still good to look at, but still talks in mind-boggling riddles and may be an alcoholic later in life.

MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8171 on: November 27, 2012, 11:21:36 PM »

Memories to the point of crawling out of my skin for the love of cottonwood, soy, praying mantises, dirt, gray skies, stacks of oil on fire hello hello hello how far can I ruuuuuuuuuun

If I open the chapel, I collapse the chapel.

Can't tell if I'm experiencing synesthesia or if i'm just tasting mexican food because i'm listening to mariachi music
« Last Edit: November 28, 2012, 12:03:26 AM by MeshGearFox » Logged

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8172 on: November 28, 2012, 04:29:57 AM »

That Youtube issue that I mentioned the other day with Sega being assholes is becoming more widespread, enough that it has made the rounds on some gaming websites and made it big on Reddit:

http://www.reddit.com/r/Games/comments/13glp8/sega_starts_quietly_removing_youtube_users_videos/

I was kinda amused that two of the links referenced on that Reddit post are to threads I started where I'm doing what I do best: bitching.
I just caught this while browsing N4G, I see you've been busy parn.

http://www.hardcoregamer.com/2012/11/27/sega-removing-fans-youtube-videos-to-better-promote-new-game/

TASTY!
Desert Walker

dimitri_rozokov@hotmail.com bladegolem
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8173 on: November 28, 2012, 02:19:35 PM »

There was a report on the news just now about thieves going out before Christmas and tailing mail trucks so they can go door-to-door and steal packages as they follow along.  Normally I'm against corporate welfare and other things that lead to excess taxation but I'd happily support government subsidization of rocket launchers mounted on the back of company trucks to fix this problem.  Fucking bastards.
Dice
Dobbelstenen Muil
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #8174 on: November 28, 2012, 03:48:12 PM »

There was a report on the news just now about thieves going out before Christmas and tailing mail trucks so they can go door-to-door and steal packages as they follow along.  Normally I'm against corporate welfare and other things that lead to excess taxation but I'd happily support government subsidization of rocket launchers mounted on the back of company trucks to fix this problem.  Fucking bastards.

News up in this neck of the woods had a similar story of the freaking Salvation Army toys bin was stolen from.  I really wish "justice" was more physical, because the thieves for that fully deserve a punch in the mouth.

I'm writing my paper.  Guy comes in and talks to me, I think he was trying to be impressive.  I love when out of the blue people start showing stuff off that you never even asked to see.  I get that at the store (EBGamestop) every so often too where -- out of the blue -- people start telling me about their gaming collection/achievements for a title I have no idea about or will never play.  Should I just be happy they're happy showing off I guess?

I'm going to Montreal next weekend.  I'm psyched as hell, a mini-vaycay from work!!!  It will be the first weekend I have had off from work in over a year. :)

Pages: 1 ... 543 544 [545] 546 547 ... 908 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: