Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 25, 2014, 02:36:00 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Persona 3 FES Quiz is now OVER!
Winner was user: Monsoon!
334802 Posts in 13711 Topics by 2200 Members
Latest Member: Rgeneb1
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  What's the haps?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 548 549 [550] 551 552 ... 900 Print
Author Topic: What's the haps?  (Read 715758 times)
Fei

!?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8235 on: December 04, 2012, 03:01:52 AM »

I'm deleting music from my SD card so I can download Fractured Soul for my 3DS (after having paid $12).  I also apparently backed up the cocos2DX libraries and realized... my girlfriend thought that was bitches.

Has being a nerd come this far in the eyes of society?  I can't lock myself away in a dark room with obscure iPhone code without being accused of being a baller of LeBron James (?) proportions?  If so, wind it back, got-damn

Otherwise, the son (age 10) of the woman I love so much wanted Devil May Cry 2... I got him DMC4 for PS3 instead (price difference: $10; quality difference: you tell me because I listened to the reviews lawl).  I had just bought myself DMC4 for PC after playing the DmC reboot, so it was like, you're not my son, but you're my son.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2012, 03:10:20 AM by Fei » Logged

If you re-spec your elduhz and own a Vita - http://twitter.com/BSNursery
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8236 on: December 04, 2012, 03:13:12 AM »

Klyde, if I rock your tattoo, will it help me to defeat air man? (I know, should have used that as the original joke).

TASTY!
Desert Walker

dimitri_rozokov@hotmail.com bladegolem
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8237 on: December 04, 2012, 09:17:20 AM »

Watching a Rescue the Princes podcast.  [Referring to competitive gaming] "It's like speed chess...but on crack."  Speed chess on crack sounds redundant to me...

In other news Amazon took the liberty of withholding shipment preparations for my Black Friday order until the day that a credit card payment hit.  I had to figure out how to keep them from canceling the order over the weekend but it's worked out now and Fallout 3 will be on its way to me soon.  The God of War saga will take a few weeks but for $15 I don't care. :)

I also gave in and finally ordered an 8 gig card for my PSP.  Something of a necessity given the thing is an RPG beast.  And given that it was $8 for shipping but had the free super saver shipping option available I decided the sensible choice was to pay $10 for an Unforgiven blu-ray instead of $8 shipping.
Klyde Chroma
Lvl. 7 Fruity Ninja and Dincrest groupie

If Hitler was an introvert, he'd be me.

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #8238 on: December 04, 2012, 01:15:36 PM »

Holy shit Klyde.  I won't lie, I think game tattoos can be incredibly tacky... you're making me think a helluva lot differently (maybe just the examples I've seen just look messy!).  The lineart is so clean~! I love the sort of "light" whizzing around and trailing the leaves.

To be honest, I always felt the same way about the video game tattoos I saw... that is also why I felt it was a real untapped avenue to explore on skin... there just are not that many artists interested in pouring a lot of work into anime and gaming tattoos (not in my area at least....)

I thank you for your kind words ms. Dice :)
Another really cool one Klyde.  I think I like the woodman one best of the three.

Thanks for looking! Its a toss up for me.... I really enjoyed this... but I really enjoyed all the gaming tattoos I've got to do... The Tetra  from Zelda I got to do last year may in fact be my favorite... not sure....

I'm not a fan of tattoos at all, but that is one badass Wood Man.

Your distaste for tattoos makes your compliment all the more meaningful :) Thanks you.

Klyde, if I rock your tattoo, will it help me to defeat air man? (I know, should have used that as the original joke).

Yes, most certainly! All my gaming tattoos come with weapons upgrades at no additional cost! And if that wasn't enough, every session spent in the chair with me increases your "geek" level in spades (double nerd experience).... ensuring that you WILL become the envy of many who still play tabletop RPGs, remember how cool it is to play magic the gathering with real cards and even some gamestop employees!.... or at the very least they'll admire your epidermis a bit more...

Klyde Chroma / XBox Live Network
Triscal-Goddess / PSN
 Remember, DON'T do drugs... an owl will tear your face off.
Desert Walker

dimitri_rozokov@hotmail.com bladegolem
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8239 on: December 04, 2012, 03:10:43 PM »

I'll have to toss my hat in the ring and agree with all the previous comments on that tattoo.  That tattoo destroys the notion of video game tattoos being inherently trashy and the details and clean lines show that you have both the skill and vision that is generally attributed to a more 'traditional' artist. (i.e. someone painting with a brush on canvas.)
Yoda
Son of Dad

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8240 on: December 04, 2012, 03:13:50 PM »

I haven't given a damn about school since I started working full time. I couldn't be bothered to finish a 2 fucking page paper because I'm such an idiot. Time to, as a 30 year old, politely beg for a day extension. I'm going to use the excuse that "i just moved and i don't have internet derp derp" as part of it.
MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8241 on: December 04, 2012, 07:44:42 PM »

Man Wood Man seems like an obvious tattoo for someone go get on their dong. Like, you're picking up some lady at a bar and you take her back to your house/apartment, and stuff starts getting feisty. You put on some, uh, Lou Bega, light up the nag champa, slip off her pants, and she's got Wood Man emblazoned across her thorbbing wang.

That's a real classy evening right there I tell you what.

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

Fei

!?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8242 on: December 04, 2012, 09:21:25 PM »

I bought Koudelka for $23 from the new used game shop in town.  Amazon prices = $36 and may not include case or manual, woot.

Also Evil Zone.  Old ass games are soothing.

If you re-spec your elduhz and own a Vita - http://twitter.com/BSNursery
Taelus
Some music guy
RPGFan Editor

Leaves from the vine.

taelusramza
View Profile Email
« Reply #8243 on: December 04, 2012, 09:34:12 PM »

I haven't given a damn about school since I started working full time. I couldn't be bothered to finish a 2 fucking page paper because I'm such an idiot. Time to, as a 30 year old, politely beg for a day extension. I'm going to use the excuse that "i just moved and i don't have internet derp derp" as part of it.

Most professors are happy to grant an extension as long as you ask for one. If they're not an idiot, they realize people have lives and stuff to do, especially if they're working full time. I look at it as "I'd rather grade a good paper later than a shitty paper now."

"IT IS SUBTRACTION.  I WILL COME TO YOUR SCHOOL AND BEAT YOUR STUDENTS." - John
GrimReality
Dark Lord of Nostalgia

OK, options aren't SO bad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8244 on: December 04, 2012, 10:31:34 PM »

Speaking of tattoos, my crazy wife got her 6th one last night.
She's got:
-The obligatory lower back one - A beautiful dragon for her husband. *winks*
-the IPU symbol on her upper left chest: http://www.google.com/imgres?um=1&hl=en&safe=off&tbo=d&biw=1105&bih=723&tbm=isch&tbnid=-1vw_KB7R6LtfM:&imgrefurl=http://www.palmyria.co.uk/humour/ipu.htm&docid=XGpjql5owLWgHM&imgurl=http://www.palmyria.co.uk/humour/ipu3.gif&w=770&h=567&ei=ar2-UNjLEsPvygHn5YDYCQ&zoom=1&iact=rc&dur=178&sig=111331787509087407504&page=1&tbnh=138&tbnw=187&start=0&ndsp=26&ved=1t:429,r:19,s:0,i:181&tx=102&ty=84
-my name written in Vampire on her right forearm - No, I have no clue what vampire language it is, but it looks cool.
-26.2 on her right leg, just above the ankle.
-Some heart in chains type thing on her leg somewhere. I forget.
And last night, she went and got a Christmas themed tattoo on her upper right arm. Three things. The pink spotted elephant from Rudolph. Max the dog from the cartoon Grinch. And the Charlie Brown Christmas tree.
Now, my wife is, and always has been, a Christmas nut. She thinks about it all year. Buys ornaments and such all year. BUT. To put it permanently in a rather prominent spot on your body? Whoa boy. I have no problem with tattoos at all. It's just what she did and where she did it. Plus, I'm sure it cost a ton, but she hasn't told me yet how much. It does look fantastic, from a quality standpoint.
She knows I'm kind of mad at her, but what's done is done. I just wish she wouldn't rush into these types of things without giving it serious thought. Plus, I feel that after 13 years of marriage my opinion would count for something, but I wonder now.

My techy brother came over and explained to me what I need to get and do to have my systems properly hooked up to the net. He's surprised the current system worked at all. I might go wireless. We'll see what it costs.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2012, 09:06:57 AM by GrimReality » Logged

Playing: TWD Season 2, Alan Wake
Reading: Mistborn #2 by Brandon Sanderson
MeshGearFox

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8245 on: December 05, 2012, 12:46:55 AM »

Reading some fanfiction. Which one isn't important. What's interesting is that I was reading a few sentences out of order to get the gist of it, and the order I was reading them in... felt like it had arranged into something coherent and, briefly, triggered a memory I now can't place, but I had an adverse reaction to whatever feeling it was and immediately closed the browser.

o/` I do not dream o/`

Tomara

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8246 on: December 06, 2012, 04:11:58 PM »

Managed to buy some nice leather gloves today for a true bargain price, because a large chain store is getting rid of all S sized gloves. The last bit kinda sucks, because it isn't the first (nor last) chain store that stopped carrying small sizes. I guess I'll have to start shopping in kids sections more and more...
MeshGearFox

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8247 on: December 06, 2012, 08:45:11 PM »

And for another episode of things I find WAY more amusing than I probably should:

http://indiancountrytodaymedianetwork.com/article/you-can-count-firefighter-help-even-dogs-know-146153 Exhibit A.

http://imgur.com/gallery/g23M3 And the original NSFW version.

In other news, Doc from Fraggle Rock is a massive cunt.

I think I'm gonna go listen to Tonics & Twisted Chasers and Arise Therefore. It's one of those kinds of nights.

Just ate a bunch of salt and my mouth hurts.

o/` I do not dream o/`

Arhkaos

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8248 on: December 06, 2012, 11:17:52 PM »

After my Hyrule Historia Collector's being cancelled, recently my Figma Link Figure was also cancelled (apparently Diamond couldn't get it at all)... as well as my The Art of Portal 2 pre-order. Gee, it's not my month! With the recent Virtue's Last Reward Amazon pre-order fiasco, I'm starting to think pre-order can't even guarantee you'll get an item anymore :(

I have fury!
Tomara

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8249 on: December 07, 2012, 05:49:01 AM »

It's snowing! So much snow (by Dutch standards)! People are already shoveling, but they're doing it all wrong. The sidewalks are now extra slippery and they're dumping all the snow on the road...
Pages: 1 ... 548 549 [550] 551 552 ... 900 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: