Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 18, 2014, 03:53:16 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Subject: Persona 3: FES
Prize: $20 eShop, PSN or Steam code
Date: 3rd October 2014 Time: 16:00 EST
331565 Posts in 13575 Topics by 2191 Members
Latest Member: Zaltys
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  What's the haps?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 549 550 [551] 552 553 ... 885 Print
Author Topic: What's the haps?  (Read 687191 times)
Desert Walker

dimitri_rozokov@hotmail.com bladegolem
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8250 on: December 07, 2012, 08:44:31 AM »

After my Hyrule Historia Collector's being cancelled, recently my Figma Link Figure was also cancelled (apparently Diamond couldn't get it at all)... as well as my The Art of Portal 2 pre-order. Gee, it's not my month! With the recent Virtue's Last Reward Amazon pre-order fiasco, I'm starting to think pre-order can't even guarantee you'll get an item anymore :(

I know your pain.  My Figma Samus was canceled, likely for the same reason as your Figma Link figure.
Klyde Chroma
Pool of Thorns Groupie

If Hitler was an introvert, he'd be me.

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #8251 on: December 07, 2012, 12:42:15 PM »

I'll have to toss my hat in the ring and agree with all the previous comments on that tattoo.  That tattoo destroys the notion of video game tattoos being inherently trashy and the details and clean lines show that you have both the skill and vision that is generally attributed to a more 'traditional' artist. (i.e. someone painting with a brush on canvas.)

Thats a hell of a compliment man, thank you!.... Its really cool that you noticed the more "traditional art" influence in my work because, in truth, I approach tattooing far more like painting then most tattoo artists.... Within my industry, the term for the way I work is "painterly" and the term for me is "art fag" (I always get a kick out of that one..... so vulgar)... I don't really get caught up with "terms" and "styles" though... In other words, I never aimed to work differently or develop some unique approach to tattooing... I really just do what I know works and will yield the best result on skin.

Speaking of tattoos, my crazy wife got her 6th one last night.
She's got:
-The obligatory lower back one - A beautiful dragon for her husband. *winks*
-the IPU symbol on her upper left chest: http://www.google.com/imgres?um=1&hl=en&safe=off&tbo=d&biw=1105&bih=723&tbm=isch&tbnid=-1vw_KB7R6LtfM:&imgrefurl=http://www.palmyria.co.uk/humour/ipu.htm&docid=XGpjql5owLWgHM&imgurl=http://www.palmyria.co.uk/humour/ipu3.gif&w=770&h=567&ei=ar2-UNjLEsPvygHn5YDYCQ&zoom=1&iact=rc&dur=178&sig=111331787509087407504&page=1&tbnh=138&tbnw=187&start=0&ndsp=26&ved=1t:429,r:19,s:0,i:181&tx=102&ty=84
-my name written in Vampire on her right forearm - No, I have no clue what vampire language it is, but it looks cool.
-26.2 on her right leg, just above the ankle.
-Some heart in chains type thing on her leg somewhere. I forget.
And last night, she went and got a Christmas themed tattoo on her upper right arm. Three things. The pink spotted elephant from Rudolph. Max the dog from the cartoon Grinch. And the Charlie Brown Christmas tree.
Now, my wife is, and always has been, a Christmas nut. She thinks about it all year. Buys ornaments and such all year. BUT. To put it permanently in a rather prominent spot on your body? Whoa boy. I have no problem with tattoos at all. It's just what she did and where she did it. Plus, I'm sure it cost a ton, but she hasn't told me yet how much. It does look fantastic, from a quality standpoint.
She knows I'm kind of mad at her, but what's done is done. I just wish she wouldn't rush into these types of things without giving it serious thought. Plus, I feel that after 13 years of marriage my opinion would count for something, but I wonder now.

The funny thing about getting tattoos is when you don't have them, they seem like a big deal.... but once you get a few on you they don't seem so defining or permanent in the same sense any longer... before long its easy to commit some skin to sporting a charlie brown christmas tree without feeling as though its a big deal.... What I'm getting at is your wife, being a tattoo enthusiast to a degree, probably cares a great deal about your opinion... In this instance though she just probably didn't think the decision was a terribly integral one to make.

So don't feel too hurt by the whole thing, friend. Unless she was spending your moola' on her art.... then I'd be pissed too-LoL

In tattoo related news I get to finish off a "Sir Dydymus" piece (from the movie Labyrinth) this weekend.... I am so stoked....

It's snowing! So much snow (by Dutch standards)! People are already shoveling, but they're doing it all wrong. The sidewalks are now extra slippery and they're dumping all the snow on the road...

Funky weather in Northeast Pennsylvania as of late.... 60 degree days.... 30 degree nights.... it SHOULD be snowing right now.... providing a lovely holiday setting... but alas, nothing but puddles and mud as far as thee I can see... yuck

Klyde Chroma / XBox Live Network
Triscal-Goddess / PSN
 Remember, DON'T do drugs... an owl will tear your face off.
kyuusei
Mr. Lightning Bolt
Administrator

Blame the dragoon.

View Profile
« Reply #8252 on: December 07, 2012, 01:57:56 PM »

Klyde, what do you charge per hour for tattooes? I've realized I probably have no idea how much these things cost.

NANOMACHINES, SON.
Desert Walker

dimitri_rozokov@hotmail.com bladegolem
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8253 on: December 07, 2012, 07:58:04 PM »

I'll have to toss my hat in the ring and agree with all the previous comments on that tattoo.  That tattoo destroys the notion of video game tattoos being inherently trashy and the details and clean lines show that you have both the skill and vision that is generally attributed to a more 'traditional' artist. (i.e. someone painting with a brush on canvas.)

Thats a hell of a compliment man, thank you!.... Its really cool that you noticed the more "traditional art" influence in my work because, in truth, I approach tattooing far more like painting then most tattoo artists.... Within my industry, the term for the way I work is "painterly" and the term for me is "art fag" (I always get a kick out of that one..... so vulgar)... I don't really get caught up with "terms" and "styles" though... In other words, I never aimed to work differently or develop some unique approach to tattooing... I really just do what I know works and will yield the best result on skin.

You're welcome, but I'm just calling it as I see it. :)  Many tattoos I see seem to come more from a 'comic book' angle -- think Spawn or something else with heavily stylized, 'intense' drawing.  The only problem I have with those is that they tend to have a style that screams of being intense for the sake of being intense the end result can look trashy.  I don't know what the scene is like up there but here in Texas that kind of tattoo is the norm and deviations are the exception.  I'm sure you know the kind I'm talking about -- flaming skull outline done entirely in dark green ink, that sort of thing.  Your style is as you noted more 'painterly.'

MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8254 on: December 07, 2012, 07:59:13 PM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UcYkapy1q4w&list=UU9CuvdOVfMPvKCiwdGKL3cQ&index=1

Egoraptor's monologue about Hewlett Packard starts at about 6:08.

STORY OF MY FUCKING LIFE.

Eating quiche from Trader Joe's, drinking a bottle of malta, and watching youtube. YOLO.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2012, 08:02:14 PM by MeshGearFox » Logged

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

Bytor
Ego Enhancement Consultant

Hiding in Inaba

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8255 on: December 07, 2012, 10:02:31 PM »

Spent my B-Day eating sushi, drinking some Hop Notch IPA, playing some games, watching some anime...then today...blah, got the post B-Day blues, lol.

Everything's Eventual
MeshGearFox

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8256 on: December 08, 2012, 02:20:58 PM »

Just cause I couldn't find an actual topic for it but wrt the Top 10 Best Written games articles... Xenogears? Seriously?

Just cause I couldn't find an actual topic for it but wrt the Shining Ark articles... Panis? Seriously?
« Last Edit: December 08, 2012, 03:01:15 PM by MeshGearFox » Logged

o/` I do not dream o/`

Taelus
Some music guy
RPGFan Editor

Leaves from the vine.

taelusramza
View Profile Email
« Reply #8257 on: December 08, 2012, 03:12:36 PM »

Just cause I couldn't find an actual topic for it but wrt the Top 10 Best Written games articles... Xenogears? Seriously?

Just cause I couldn't find an actual topic for it but wrt the Shining Ark articles... Panis? Seriously?

If there's something in one of our features you want to discuss, feel free to make a thread about it :D

I was actually surprised with Kyle's inclusion of Xenogears, because while I really enjoy the complexity of the story, I think the actual writing is kind of a clusterfuck. But still, given the time in which it came out and how convoluted some of the plot threads were, I think they did a pretty admirable job.

"IT IS SUBTRACTION.  I WILL COME TO YOUR SCHOOL AND BEAT YOUR STUDENTS." - John
Starmongoose
Contributing Editor

Vicious Feminist

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8258 on: December 08, 2012, 07:11:35 PM »

Omg guys, RPGfan has its winter theme on.

Christmas confirmed 2012.

SAVE THE PENGUIN!

Here to suck the fun out of games.
Parn

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8259 on: December 08, 2012, 07:21:04 PM »

Tell Mike to make a world shattering theme for December 21st.
MeshGearFox

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8260 on: December 09, 2012, 11:01:43 AM »

Went to McDonalds. Got pancakes and orange juice. Got vaguely turned on by the maple syrup packet.

SLEEP DEPRIVATION IS FUN.

o/` I do not dream o/`

Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #8261 on: December 09, 2012, 09:55:32 PM »

On hour 6 of train ride home from Montreal (to Toronto).  I hate that part of train/plane ride where everything aches and all of your "toys" that you bring to keep you company have either warn out their stay (book) or are losing batteries (this lap top).

Trip was fantastic though. :D
Hungry as fuck, though....  McDonalds will have my busines tonight (being the only thing probably open at 11 on a Sunday night).

Quoting this for happiness.  This is my favorite time of year. :)

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Bytor
Ego Enhancement Consultant

Hiding in Inaba

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8262 on: December 09, 2012, 10:52:28 PM »

So...I may be transferred...and to be honest I hope so, it's more money, but more importantly we'll be closer to the Little Lady's family, so that'll be a good thing :)

Everything's Eventual
MeshGearFox

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8263 on: December 09, 2012, 11:10:17 PM »

On hour 6 of train ride home from Montreal (to Toronto).  I hate that part of train/plane ride where everything aches and all of your "toys" that you bring to keep you company have either warn out their stay (book) or are losing batteries (this lap top).

Hungry as fuck, though....  McDonalds will have my busines tonight (being the only thing probably open at 11 on a Sunday night).

Took a train from... somewhere in Ohio or Michigan, I think it was Detroit or Toledo, IDK one of those murder cities... once, and it was great. Took a train to Chicago once too. Loved it. Haven't been on a train since.

Really wish I could do that again. Train rides neat.

o/` I do not dream o/`

Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #8264 on: December 10, 2012, 01:32:32 AM »

Took a train from... somewhere in Ohio or Michigan, I think it was Detroit or Toledo, IDK one of those murder cities... once, and it was great. Took a train to Chicago once too. Loved it. Haven't been on a train since.

Really wish I could do that again. Train rides neat.

Train through America?  I bet. Love to see that myself.
Train through Ontario, Canada??
ZzzzZZZzzz.

There is honestly nothing to see but farms and small towns....and some cows.
Be nice if it was more around the coasts, there's a lot more wildlife, but most of what we have is trees and grass, rinse and repeat.  It's great to see how big Canada is though, it's nice in a way...

Montreal was quite lovely though!  But I feel like an ass; we're from the same country, but most of the residents there are bi- to trilingual.  They know English better than I could confidently say one sentence is French without feeling like an idiot.  And man, they love music and art more in one block than Toronto does throughout the entire city.  I'd love to come back sometime.  It's best described like....a suburban city.  It's got all of the buildings and sights of a "pretty big city", but hardly the population -- "rush hour" was pretty tame.  Maybe I'm wrong, only had a good 2.5 days to see it all... but I liked it. :)

Boyfriend and I went to Final Fantasy: Distant Worlds Symphony -- I was happy to hear he liked it plenty enough even without prior exposure or context from the games, that made me really happy.  Uematsu was there too -- I think the hardcore FF-nerd besides may have creamed himself a bit, he was so excited (but I'm glad he was happy??).  Uematsu was great, he came on to the stage for the encore to get the audience to participate in the final number.  He looked like one happy video game composer.  But hey, who would have thought that writing 8-bit "bleeps" and "bloops" for a videogame 25 years ago would lead to doing an orchestrated world-tour -- it may show a humble side to a fella who didn't expect the "world fame".
Particularly awesome was them bringing an acoustic player for Vamo'Alla Flamenco and Dear Friends (I'm really fond of acoustic tracks, and really fond of those two pieces).  I was also impressed when they did like 90% of the Opera from FF6 (complete with opera singers for Maria, Draco and Ralse or whatever).

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Pages: 1 ... 549 550 [551] 552 553 ... 885 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: