Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 28, 2014, 10:30:08 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
327554 Posts in 13410 Topics by 2169 Members
Latest Member: KopeAcetic
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  What's the haps?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 551 552 [553] 554 555 ... 870 Print
Author Topic: What's the haps?  (Read 642640 times)
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8280 on: December 11, 2012, 09:55:06 AM »

Grim, being one who doean't have a lactose issue, I actually don't indulge in many lactose based products that often, so I can't say how it would feel. What I would offer is a suggestion of ways to deal with the extreme loss of a regular part of your diet. Take the week to try new things, or foids you haven't indulged in for a while. Instead of yogurt, try applesauce or even jello or fruit cups. Instead of cheese on a sandwich, try a spread you like (hummus or a flavored mayo). I know when I found out I have an allergy to shellfish which occured very late in my teen years ( lips swell and I start having trouble breathing), I took it terribly. But then I started trying non shellfish fish stuff, and I no longer care that I can't eat shrimp or crab. Calamari actually became my favorite seafood item, and it reminds me of a good piece of crab when prepared well.

Great, now I'm fucking hungry.

TASTY!
Starmongoose
Contributing Editor

Vicious Feminist

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8281 on: December 11, 2012, 10:04:02 AM »

I would absolutely hate being lactose intolerant. Cheese milk and ice cream and my three food groups.

SAVE THE PENGUIN!

Here to suck the fun out of games.
D-Rider
Former God of RPGFan
Rainbow Club Member

Solitary One

ChlamydiaBlues
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8282 on: December 11, 2012, 10:14:36 AM »

Good cheese is worth crippling ass pains.

Yoda
Sexton Hardcastle

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8283 on: December 11, 2012, 11:40:20 AM »

Grim, being one who doean't have a lactose issue, I actually don't indulge in many lactose based products that often, so I can't say how it would feel. What I would offer is a suggestion of ways to deal with the extreme loss of a regular part of your diet. Take the week to try new things, or foids you haven't indulged in for a while. Instead of yogurt, try applesauce or even jello or fruit cups. Instead of cheese on a sandwich, try a spread you like (hummus or a flavored mayo). I know when I found out I have an allergy to shellfish which occured very late in my teen years ( lips swell and I start having trouble breathing), I took it terribly. But then I started trying non shellfish fish stuff, and I no longer care that I can't eat shrimp or crab. Calamari actually became my favorite seafood item, and it reminds me of a good piece of crab when prepared well.

Great, now I'm fucking hungry.

God that is the most useless post I've ever seen. "allergic? eat something else!"

Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8284 on: December 11, 2012, 11:45:00 AM »

That's not how it was written and you know it, Yoda. The idea is to eat things that you normally don't eat that offer similarities to what you did eat.

Ass.

TASTY!
CluelessWonder

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8285 on: December 11, 2012, 12:02:16 PM »

Hey GR.  It's nice to see some familiar people are still here.  School, job change, life, and a crappy computer kept me away from here/games.  I actually went casual and played hidden object games (gasp).  Though a lot of those games are hybrid adventure games and were pretty entertaining.  Now I have a 7 on 7 off shift, gamefly membership, and an awesome bf that understands I need gaming time.  

As for IBS, my brother was wrongfully diagnosed with that many years ago.  Turns out he had Chrone's disease.  Being lactose intolerant is not that horrible.  There are wonderful alternatives for us.  Lactaid is a God-send.  Be thankful you don't have Celiac's disease.  Of course they have many alternatives too.  I have thought about trying a gluten free diet to see if I feel better.  I do weird diets occasionally.  Mostly they give me headaches, like the time I went vegan.

Currently Playing:  Brave Story:  New Traveler, various ios games

Currently Reading: 

Recently Beat: Shivah, Tales of the World:  Radiant Mythology, Thief
Starmongoose
Contributing Editor

Vicious Feminist

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8286 on: December 11, 2012, 12:16:09 PM »

You can tell whatever lies you need to tell yourself to get you through the day Clueless. Us lactose-efficient know whats up. ;)

SAVE THE PENGUIN!

Yoda
Sexton Hardcastle

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8287 on: December 11, 2012, 12:22:24 PM »

You can tell whatever lies you need to tell yourself to get you through the day Clueless. Us lactose-efficient know whats up. ;)

Lets go skip our way to the ice cream shoppe, chocolate shakes on me!

GrimReality
Dark Lord of Nostalgia

OK, options aren't SO bad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8288 on: December 11, 2012, 12:40:24 PM »

Hey, I'm not there yet! This is more of a way to rule another thing out. If it turns out I am Lactose intolerant I'll be dropping lactaid like nobodies business. No way can I give up my yogurt and CHEESE.
They tested for both Celiac and Chrone's. I don't have those. Which is good, because I love the hell out of bakery, too! MMM, bread.
I get what D was saying, Yoda. Instead of mourning the loss, use the time to try some new things. I think I may just do that.
Come ON, Dec. 18th!

Playing:
Reading: Mistborn by Brandon Sanderson
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #8289 on: December 11, 2012, 12:44:34 PM »

I'm semi-lactose intolerant... but I don't let it stop me when a Sweetcar named Devour ( a strawberry coulis, berry and vanilla ice cream crepe) is sitting in front of me.  That, and the Moo-la-la (some chocolatey mess with Nutella Ice Cream).

I had a dream with Goosey and Yodes.  We fought off wild pigs.  Fuckers are vicious.

http://society6.com/Dice963
Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8290 on: December 11, 2012, 12:45:00 PM »

Hey, I'm not there yet! This is more of a way to rule another thing out. If it turns out I am Lactose intolerant I'll be dropping lactaid like nobodies business. No way can I give up my yogurt and CHEESE.
They tested for both Celiac and Chrone's. I don't have those. Which is good, because I love the hell out of bakery, too! MMM, bread.
I get what D was saying, Yoda. Instead of mourning the loss, use the time to try some new things. I think I may just do that.
Come ON, Dec. 18th!
I knew I liked grim for more than his taste in video games.

TASTY!
Starmongoose
Contributing Editor

Vicious Feminist

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8291 on: December 11, 2012, 12:53:41 PM »

I had a dream with Goosey and Yodes.  We fought off wild pigs.  Fuckers are vicious.

As long as they weren't victorious. The beast pig horde will never triumph against us.

SAVE THE PENGUIN!

GrimReality
Dark Lord of Nostalgia

OK, options aren't SO bad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8292 on: December 11, 2012, 02:45:17 PM »

As long as they weren't victorious. The beast pig horde will never triumph against us.

You guys better throw a Pulled Pork Party for the Fanners with your spoils.
Mmm, pulled pork. Imagine being allergic to that! *faints*

Playing:
Reading: Mistborn by Brandon Sanderson
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8293 on: December 11, 2012, 04:05:47 PM »

Christ, man, don't even think such things!

TASTY!
Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #8294 on: December 11, 2012, 06:29:34 PM »

Well damn, my PS3 is officially YLOD'ed now.  I guess that's not too surprising since it was having fan problems and the YLOD is an overheating issue.  I think I'm going to try to fix it but I need to get a heat gun.

Pages: 1 ... 551 552 [553] 554 555 ... 870 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: