Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 21, 2014, 11:26:33 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Persona 3 FES Quiz is now OVER!
Winner was user: Monsoon!
334638 Posts in 13706 Topics by 2200 Members
Latest Member: Rgeneb1
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  What's the haps?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 552 553 [554] 555 556 ... 899 Print
Author Topic: What's the haps?  (Read 710271 times)
Desert Walker

dimitri_rozokov@hotmail.com bladegolem
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8295 on: December 11, 2012, 09:23:06 PM »

Boyfriend and I went to Final Fantasy: Distant Worlds Symphony -- I was happy to hear he liked it plenty enough even without prior exposure or context from the games, that made me really happy.  Uematsu was there too -- I think the hardcore FF-nerd besides may have creamed himself a bit, he was so excited (but I'm glad he was happy??).  Uematsu was great, he came on to the stage for the encore to get the audience to participate in the final number.  He looked like one happy video game composer.  But hey, who would have thought that writing 8-bit "bleeps" and "bloops" for a videogame 25 years ago would lead to doing an orchestrated world-tour -- it may show a humble side to a fella who didn't expect the "world fame".

That sounds like a lot of fun.  By the way, 1up did an interview with Uematsu yesterday.
Daggerstrike
Rainbow Club Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8296 on: December 11, 2012, 09:52:36 PM »

Mmm, pulled pork. Imagine being allergic to that! *faints*

Yeah, it definitely sucks. Though technically it isn't an allergy it is an "intolerance". It fucking sucks.

All right, we are going to use a fan brush here and uh why don't you take some hunter green and we are going to put a happy little bush right down over here in the corner there and that'll just be our little secret and if you tell anyone that that bush is there I will come to your house and I will cut you.
GrimReality
Dark Lord of Nostalgia

OK, options aren't SO bad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8297 on: December 12, 2012, 03:08:02 PM »

Yeah, it definitely sucks. Though technically it isn't an allergy it is an "intolerance". It fucking sucks.
Wait. You mean there are poor, sad, souls who can't eat pulled pork? That's so...sad.

Speaking of which...All this talk of it had me go out and get one for lunch today. The Patio makes a mean PP sandwich. YUM.
Sorry, Dag.

Playing: TWD Season 2, Alan Wake
Reading: Mistborn #2 by Brandon Sanderson
MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8298 on: December 12, 2012, 07:37:38 PM »

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

Yoda
Son of Dad

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8299 on: December 12, 2012, 07:48:17 PM »

Set up heat, electric (comED is a pain to talk to), and INNERNETTE for my new "flat"

I'm an adult
Daggerstrike
Rainbow Club Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8300 on: December 12, 2012, 11:36:38 PM »

Wait. You mean there are poor, sad, souls who can't eat pulled pork? That's so...sad.

Speaking of which...All this talk of it had me go out and get one for lunch today. The Patio makes a mean PP sandwich. YUM.
Sorry, Dag.

I can't eat any meat without severe consequences. I still eat it, but it fucking sucks sometimes. Pulled pork sandwiches, hamburgers, hotdogs seem to be the worst because of the addition of bread.

All right, we are going to use a fan brush here and uh why don't you take some hunter green and we are going to put a happy little bush right down over here in the corner there and that'll just be our little secret and if you tell anyone that that bush is there I will come to your house and I will cut you.
Annubis

Something something like a tiger

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8301 on: December 12, 2012, 11:53:01 PM »

It's crazy how many people have allergies or intolerance.
Everyone I know pretty much has at least one.
One of my Aunt is even allergic to water (skin allergy) so she showers in like 1-2 minute and it really sucks after.

Guess I am pretty lucky to have none of that shit.
GrimReality
Dark Lord of Nostalgia

OK, options aren't SO bad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8302 on: December 13, 2012, 12:05:03 AM »

Sorry, Dag.

I can't eat any meat without severe consequences. I still eat it, but it fucking sucks sometimes. Pulled pork sandwiches, hamburgers, hotdogs seem to be the worst because of the addition of bread.
Damn, man, that sucks. Did you ever find out exactly why your body rejects it? Are there other people in your family with the same malady?
I guess I'm lucky that I've never had an issue with meat or bread. Two very essential food groups. I believe CHEESE is also one. Probably #1, really. I'm envisioning a new food pyramid.

Playing: TWD Season 2, Alan Wake
Reading: Mistborn #2 by Brandon Sanderson
MeshGearFox

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8303 on: December 13, 2012, 12:15:53 AM »

I'm a vergtern.

o/` I do not dream o/`

Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #8304 on: December 13, 2012, 12:24:39 AM »

It's aliiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiive!!!!!

I successfully managed to rescue my PS3 from a YLOD!  I have to say, I was skeptical as to whether or not the YLOD fix would actually work, but the results speak for themselves.   And hopefully now after cleaning out the internals and putting the new fan in the old girl will keep going for a while yet.

Daggerstrike
Rainbow Club Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8305 on: December 13, 2012, 12:55:51 AM »

Sorry, Dag.

Damn, man, that sucks. Did you ever find out exactly why your body rejects it? Are there other people in your family with the same malady?
I guess I'm lucky that I've never had an issue with meat or bread. Two very essential food groups. I believe CHEESE is also one. Probably #1, really. I'm envisioning a new food pyramid.

It's called Eosinophilic esophagitis and essentially it is an allergic inflammation of the esophagus. The problem that it causes is it causes food to lodge in my throat, even if I chew an excessive amount or cut it up very small. Wikipedia has a good description of it-

Many foods can lodge themselves in the esophagus, but the most common are meats such as steak, poultry, or pork[2] leading to the colourful description of the phenomenon as steakhouse syndrome.[1] People with food bolus obstruction typically display acute dysphagia (difficulty swallowing), often to the point that they cannot even swallow their saliva, leading to drooling. They may also suffer from chest pain, neck pain, regurgitation of food, or painful swallowing (odynophagia).[3]

Usually when it gets too bad I end up throwing up just to be able to feel like I can breath.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2012, 01:09:18 AM by Daggerstrike » Logged

CluelessWonder

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8306 on: December 13, 2012, 03:44:46 AM »

Dang daggerstrike, that's horrible.  I have never even heard of that condition.  No atkin's diet for you. 

Currently Playing:  Brave Story:  New Traveler, various ios games

Currently Reading: 

Recently Beat: Shivah, Tales of the World:  Radiant Mythology, Thief
Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #8307 on: December 13, 2012, 10:40:27 PM »

I successfully managed to rescue my PS3 from a YLOD!  I have to say, I was skeptical as to whether or not the YLOD fix would actually work, but the results speak for themselves.   And hopefully now after cleaning out the internals and putting the new fan in the old girl will keep going for a while yet.

Well that was premature...the fix didn't last very long, YLOD'ed again today.  I guess I'll give it another shot.  Maybe do it for longer this time...

MeshGearFox

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8308 on: December 13, 2012, 10:50:01 PM »

So going back to Morrowind, in my mind, and thinking about why the game bugs me so much. See this would be the part where I launch into a big wall of text about realism in games, expansion pressure, and world dynamism, but nope. I hate the timbre of my diction. So.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2012, 02:14:57 AM by MeshGearFox » Logged

o/` I do not dream o/`

Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8309 on: December 14, 2012, 06:12:21 AM »

Well that was premature...the fix didn't last very long, YLOD'ed again today.  I guess I'll give it another shot.  Maybe do it for longer this time...
Isn't the YLOD a power supply failure, or just a generic failure display? I forgot as I only knew 1 person to ever get it.

Personally, when my PS3 started acting up, I just had sony do a service repair. 130 bucks-ish and the system looks and runs like new. Good thing too, seeing as I have an original 60 gig.

TASTY!
Pages: 1 ... 552 553 [554] 555 556 ... 899 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: