Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 02, 2014, 07:44:00 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
330180 Posts in 13529 Topics by 2179 Members
Latest Member: Lian_Kazairl
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  What's the haps?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 553 554 [555] 556 557 ... 877 Print
Author Topic: What's the haps?  (Read 674692 times)
Yoda
Son of Dad

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8310 on: December 14, 2012, 08:36:28 AM »

I love going to a friend's house and spotting the original PS3 out in the wild. It's like seeing a black panther in the shrubs

John
Administrator

DeceptiJohn
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #8311 on: December 14, 2012, 08:59:39 AM »

What you need to do is run a backup as quickly as possible if you get that running again.  Then, at least, you won't lose your save data if it permanently dies.

THROW PICKLE IN BURGER TO SPEED UP COMMERCIAL
Yoda
Son of Dad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8312 on: December 14, 2012, 09:31:45 AM »

I wish there was a database of the sounds that would play when you'd test your sound card on old PCs

"Your soundcard works perfectly!!!"

John
Administrator

DeceptiJohn
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #8313 on: December 14, 2012, 09:35:06 AM »

I wish there was a database of the sounds that would play when you'd test your sound card on old PCs

What DMA channel do I want?!

THROW PICKLE IN BURGER TO SPEED UP COMMERCIAL
Yoda
Son of Dad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8314 on: December 14, 2012, 09:52:19 AM »

The crap I had to go through to get Mechwarrior 2 to work at all was amazing.
dyeager
RPGFan Editor

Code Monkey Like Fritos

View Profile
« Reply #8315 on: December 14, 2012, 09:56:29 AM »

My favorite old game story was trying to get Doom deathmatch working with my friend. We both had one phone line - the concept of multiple was a crazy extravagance - so we'd be on the phone, tweak the modem settings, then try to call with the modem, but then somebody in the house might pick up, then you had to call back but then he wouldn't pick up because he thought you were calling with the modem, etc etc. Then even when you DID connect, it wouldn't work, so hang up and tweak the modem settings some more... just a total mess, the type of thing that isn't even an issue at all anymore.
Yoda
Son of Dad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8316 on: December 14, 2012, 10:02:55 AM »

For a brief and shinning moment I had internet in 1997-8. We didn't have the fabled "call-pack" that was needed for making it cheap enough to have so the phone bill ended up being insane. I used my brief glory to post at Babylon 5 message boards at AOL.
Also, nudie girl pics
Starmongoose
Contributing Editor

Vicious Feminist

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8317 on: December 14, 2012, 10:21:51 AM »

So out boiler just decided to pack in, in the middle of Winter. Like there is any other time that boilers decide to go kaput. It's always when you need them. Apparently our boiler is such an old model that they can't get parts for it and we need a new one. At least it's insured.

Still.

So.

Cold.

SAVE THE PENGUIN!

Here to suck the fun out of games.
MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8318 on: December 14, 2012, 10:47:34 AM »

What DMA channel do I want?!

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

GrimReality
Dark Lord of Nostalgia

OK, options aren't SO bad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8319 on: December 14, 2012, 11:11:02 AM »

So out boiler just decided to pack in, in the middle of Winter. Like there is any other time that boilers decide to go kaput. It's always when you need them. Apparently our boiler is such an old model that they can't get parts for it and we need a new one. At least it's insured.

Still.

So.

Cold.
I think we're on the brink of this. Our furnace is +/-20 years old. It's always worked great, but I just know right smack in the middle of January it's going to decide it's had enough. I really need to get a new one, but they're so darn expensive.
That's curious that you say it's insured. By you? You guys are in a rental property? How does that work? I just ask, because I know my furnace isn't insured. It's going to cost me a ton. I had to buy a new water heater last year and that was almost $800. Ouch.

I just realized that Amazon sent me the wrong item on an order from 3 weeks ago. I'm an idiot, and hadn't taken the time to look through the box. It's a gift for my wife. I go to Amazon, and they are out of the correct item until mid Jan., and don't want to refund me. I'm sure they will, though. They have to. Regardless, I need to go out and find one now. Probably at a much higher price. Ugh. Damn Christmas.

Playing:
Reading: Mistborn by Brandon Sanderson
Starmongoose
Contributing Editor

Vicious Feminist

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8320 on: December 14, 2012, 11:17:02 AM »

It's insured by our landlord, haha. Nothing would come out our pocket either way, this way it just means the landlord won't need as much persuasion to hurry the fuck up with it.

SAVE THE PENGUIN!

Here to suck the fun out of games.
Yoda
Son of Dad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8321 on: December 14, 2012, 11:24:24 AM »

I just realized that Amazon sent me the wrong item on an order from 3 weeks ago. I'm an idiot, and hadn't taken the time to look through the box. It's a gift for my wife. I go to Amazon, and they are out of the correct item until mid Jan., and don't want to refund me. I'm sure they will, though. They have to. Regardless, I need to go out and find one now. Probably at a much higher price. Ugh. Damn Christmas.

That sounds like something I'd do actually. I'll look at something super-briefly and just assume I was right and end up being wrong all the time.

What'd you get her?
CluelessWonder

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8322 on: December 14, 2012, 11:38:48 AM »

That sucks.  Whenever Amazon goofed up for me, it was in my favor.  I order a ds game and instead of sending me one, they sent me a case of 5.

Currently Playing:  Brave Story:  New Traveler, various ios games

Currently Reading: 

Recently Beat: Shivah, Tales of the World:  Radiant Mythology, Thief
Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8323 on: December 14, 2012, 11:59:35 AM »

I'm leaving for my train to Seoul. Then the Philippines where I will be WARM WARM WARM!

And barefoot! And in shorts!

I avoid online multiplayer because my brain still works.
GrimReality
Dark Lord of Nostalgia

OK, options aren't SO bad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8324 on: December 14, 2012, 12:25:06 PM »

That sounds like something I'd do actually. I'll look at something super-briefly and just assume I was right and end up being wrong all the time.

What'd you get her?

She actually asked for it. It's the #1 thing she wants for Christmas: http://www.amazon.com/Ninja-BL700-Kitchen-System/dp/B007TKLFLM/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1355505633&sr=8-1&keywords=ninja+bl700
Stupid Amazon sent me the cheaper version, without all the accessories.
They ARE refunding me, but now I have the challenge of finding another one. I already have her done otherwise. She asks for some weird stuff. Exercise equipment and cooking stuff. Exactly what we, as men, are told NOT buy women for Christmas/birthday! Everyone is unique, right?

I'm actually off work today, but haven't done a damn thing yet. Besides dealing with the unanticipated. At least I got to sleep in. It was niiiiiice.

Playing:
Reading: Mistborn by Brandon Sanderson
Pages: 1 ... 553 554 [555] 556 557 ... 877 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: