Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 26, 2014, 05:19:01 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
We have a new board! Pop on over to the Game Journals section and tell us what you've been playing!
338404 Posts in 13853 Topics by 2215 Members
Latest Member: RPGtourguide
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  What's the haps?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 554 555 [556] 557 558 ... 910 Print
Author Topic: What's the haps?  (Read 742682 times)
MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8325 on: December 14, 2012, 12:36:02 PM »

gog.com has a sale on Indie RPGs today. Geneforge 1-5 for four bucks is, at the least, really damn worth it.

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

John
Administrator

DeceptiJohn
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #8326 on: December 14, 2012, 12:44:43 PM »

Monday is bonus day at work.  Some money goes to pay off credit cards, but I'm also buying a new phone.  All of the live tile stuff in Windows phone really intrigues me, so I think I am going to get an HTC 8X.

THROW PICKLE IN BURGER TO SPEED UP COMMERCIAL
Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #8327 on: December 14, 2012, 01:27:03 PM »

Isn't the YLOD a power supply failure, or just a generic failure display? I forgot as I only knew 1 person to ever get it.

No, it's a problem that happens when either the CPU or GPU overheats.  They used cheap solder (well, blame the European Union for banning lead-based solder in 2006) that can fail when the chip they're connecting gets too hot.  The fix is to use a heat gun or something to reflow the solder.  Even if it was only temporary, the fact that I got it working again at all by doing this says there's something to this.

It's actually fundamentally the exact same issue that causes the Xbox's RROD, ironically enough.

And actually, I wish it was the power supply.  The power supply is easy to replace.  I could do that in like 15 minutes.

What you need to do is run a backup as quickly as possible if you get that running again.  Then, at least, you won't lose your save data if it permanently dies.

Not too worried about that, actually.  I upgraded my hard drive only recently and still have the full system backup I did then.  And after that I joined PS Plus, so I've got cloud saves.

No, I intend to fix this thing.  Like I said, the fact that I got any results is promising.  There are various things I can do better, like adding flux when I do the solder reflow.  Unfortunately I'm off to vist family for the holidays pretty soon so it might have to wait until I get back.

MeshGearFox

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8328 on: December 14, 2012, 02:03:29 PM »

I'm worried about my DC's GDROM drive failing. It has this issue where the motor gets stuck but that's different, although the fix (jiggling the arm back and forth) is probably hard on it.

I need lube.

o/` I do not dream o/`

Taelus
Some music guy
RPGFan Editor

WOLOLO

taelusramza
View Profile Email
« Reply #8329 on: December 14, 2012, 07:38:54 PM »

I need lube.

Famous last words

"IT IS SUBTRACTION.  I WILL COME TO YOUR SCHOOL AND BEAT YOUR STUDENTS." - John
MeshGearFox

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8330 on: December 14, 2012, 11:40:37 PM »

What the hell did I write.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2012, 05:36:29 PM by MeshGearFox » Logged

o/` I do not dream o/`

Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8331 on: December 16, 2012, 12:49:13 PM »

I went to a cock fighting matchtoday. Not my proudest moment but it was interesting to do something off the beaten track and "cultural" at the same time.

People in the Philipppines are  genuinely nice, Sweet lrord IU'm drunk

I avoid online multiplayer because my brain still works.
Bytor
Ego Enhancement Consultant

Hiding in Inaba

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8332 on: December 16, 2012, 10:37:28 PM »

Got my car back after the accident I must say I am very, very impressed with the work the body shop did, doesn't hurt that they are the only Volvo approved shop anywhere near me I guess! $7185 later my car looks, and drives as good as new!

Everything's Eventual
Desert Walker

dimitri_rozokov@hotmail.com bladegolem
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8333 on: December 16, 2012, 11:14:33 PM »

Got my car back after the accident I must say I am very, very impressed with the work the body shop did, doesn't hurt that they are the only Volvo approved shop anywhere near me I guess! $7185 later my car looks, and drives as good as new!

Ouch.  I hope insurance covered that.
Bytor

Hiding in Inaba

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8334 on: December 16, 2012, 11:32:37 PM »

Drunk driver hit us, everything is covered.

Everything's Eventual
Dice
Dobbelstenen Muil
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #8335 on: December 17, 2012, 12:45:48 AM »

How good that must have felt.

And Bytor, sorry I didn't get back to you.
One part: I've had a flu and didn't feel like doing sh** (er, bad sounding, but I hnestly felt like dog crap, most posts from phone the last few).
One part: I was pressuring one who wanted one of the things you asked to commit or let me give it to someone else
And one part: I missed the PM.  I'll send you pics soon if still intersted.

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Bytor

Hiding in Inaba

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8336 on: December 17, 2012, 09:37:18 AM »

sure no hurry or worry. Glad ya are feeling better!

Everything's Eventual
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8337 on: December 17, 2012, 09:49:05 AM »

I hope you sue the pants off the fucker. Friend of mine's mother was hut by a drunk driver recently, she's unable to walk til probably after february, and that's going to be thanks to loads of physical therapy. Personally, I'd like to see the scumbag serve time, but that's just me. Take evrry cent he's got, and make sure he never has money to drink again.

The U.S. Should implement a law where if you've ever been convicted of a D.U.I. your license is to updated with a note or mark that makes it illegal for you to buy alcohol. There are enough assholes we can't control, at least adding some deterrence could help slow the influx of new ones.

TASTY!
Desert Walker

dimitri_rozokov@hotmail.com bladegolem
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8338 on: December 17, 2012, 10:50:13 AM »

Interesting article with a...semi-interesting comment thread.

CapnCrumbles436 (I keep wanting to type CapnCrunch) is a real piece of work.

"Why would you hold the door for an elderly person? Isnt that condescending? No! Its a sign of respect for the experienced, wiser but weaker. You hold the door for a woman as a sign of respect to acknowledge her as the helpmeet for man. You dont like being identified as the weaker party take it up wiith God. He made you and his word identifies you as such. Time for a reality check! That doesnt mean youre less human. That youre without value. Quite the opposite. Why do I waste my breath? No one believes that you cannot open a door on your own it is a kind and loving gesture, lay down your inflatted pride and get over yourself."

"Right with you bro every woman (which by the way means of the man bc Eve was created of and for Adam) I have ever dated. I hold every door for, pull out a chair for, cherish and compliment. I take the lead and I take responsibilty. Every one of them has commented that I helped her understand healthy natural roles for men and women and that I helped her to see what it was to be a lady. I dont mess around I have no problem telling a girls who you are disrespectful, dramatic and/or rebellious get goin. Its far better to be alone than for a man to put himself in a situation like that. Its amazing and sad that most women dont understand that by being submissive gentle and respectful they free up their man to take charge, to love and cherish them (Assuming the guy is decent himself.)"

"Keep your talking snakes and childrens stories out of this. These issues cant be solved by thousand year old ideals."

Right on, brotha/sista.
GrimReality
Dark Lord of Nostalgia

OK, options aren't SO bad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8339 on: December 17, 2012, 12:14:42 PM »

I come in to work today to plywood over my window. There was a crack in the glass, and it was supposed to be fixed Friday, but it didn't happen. They tell me tomorrow or Wednesday. I'm considering drawing a picture and taping it on there.
A bunch of people at work are sick. Hopefully I can avoid it.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2012, 02:32:45 PM by GrimReality » Logged

Playing: DA: Inquisition
Reading: A Canticle for Leibowitz
Pages: 1 ... 554 555 [556] 557 558 ... 910 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: