Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2014, 11:26:14 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
319213 Posts in 13033 Topics by 2145 Members
Latest Member: aew0
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  What's the haps?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 559 560 [561] 562 563 ... 835 Print
Author Topic: What's the haps?  (Read 591099 times)
Yoda
Sexton Hardcastle

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

a+dark+eclipse
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8400 on: December 21, 2012, 11:21:56 PM »

Even the medical term, phalanges, is sexist!

SUCK IT WOMEN

MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8401 on: December 21, 2012, 11:52:12 PM »

Yoda you are really treading on thin water right now with me yoda you are hurting my feels yoda my FEELS.

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

Fei

!?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8402 on: December 22, 2012, 12:05:01 AM »

thumb-penis
index-penis
middle-penis
ring-penis
pinky-penis

FIST

If you re-spec your elduhz and own a Vita - http://twitter.com/BSNursery
Yoda
Sexton Hardcastle

a+dark+eclipse
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8403 on: December 22, 2012, 12:07:44 AM »

Yoda you are really treading on thin water right now with me yoda you are hurting my feels yoda my FEELS.

How about a nice and firm, yet supple, handshake to calm you down?

Alisha

Z0eila@hotmail.com Z0eila
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8404 on: December 22, 2012, 12:54:21 AM »

i think the word feminist gets thrown around to much. is it really feminist to want more of alys and lenneth and less dude bro marines?

“Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from.”
Ashton
Contributing Editor

Lawful Asshole

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #8405 on: December 22, 2012, 12:59:53 AM »

Feminism has been flanderized to the point where it's just the extremists running the show now. Most people who are actually pro-quality just call themselves egalitarians.

Also, no, it's not too much to want characters like that, just remember that men need awesome characters to relate to as well.

Alisha

Z0eila@hotmail.com Z0eila
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8406 on: December 22, 2012, 01:10:59 AM »

what do guys consider an awesome character? a couple personal favorites of mine are vyse and ryudo.

“Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from.”
Yoda
Sexton Hardcastle

a+dark+eclipse
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8407 on: December 22, 2012, 01:48:17 AM »

who in the what now?^

Ashton
Contributing Editor

Lawful Asshole

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #8408 on: December 22, 2012, 01:52:56 AM »

I like a character with brains, which is why I hate JRPG protagonists, because they're all the generic 'oaf with a heart of gold and brains of lead' archetypes.

Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #8409 on: December 22, 2012, 02:21:37 AM »

I like a character with brains, which is why I hate JRPG protagonists, because they're all the generic 'oaf with a heart of gold and brains of lead' archetypes.

Harem anime make me sick for it.  Hot anime women throw themselves at a man who has no idea how to please them.  "I'm just an ordinary high school student" he says.  How come none of them are extraordinary people?  Or social?  Or cool?  Or anything worth anything?

Ryudo was cool.  I liked Luke from Tales of the Abyss too... I thought it was funny when he told people of all authority types to "shut up".  Yuri killed people and said "fuck mercy". Although not JRPG, I'd also do terrible things to a real life Chris Redfield...but he's too good for me.

http://society6.com/Dice963
Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Desert Walker

dimitri_rozokov@hotmail.com bladegolem
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8410 on: December 22, 2012, 08:25:18 AM »

Feminism has been flanderized to the point where it's just the extremists running the show now. Most people who are actually pro-quality just call themselves egalitarians.

Excellent term.  That said, there are still some quality feminist thinkers around that label themselves as feminist.  Unfortunately, the people who making a name for themselves are those like Zuska (of the blog Thus Spake Zuska) and Rebecca Watson and they do so by being ridiculous and being worshipped for it.
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8411 on: December 22, 2012, 10:17:42 AM »

I dunno, I am pretty fond of a nice long lance myself.
I answer that with a poleaxe.

I like the quiet, knowledgeable, old bruiser in most RPGs. To be honest, the most ideal hero I can think of in general is Guts of Berserk fame. Giant powerhouse, smart fighter, not afraid to lose control and simply throw himself at what he's fighting, and still a kind soul at heart. Reminds me of myself a bit, minus the berserker armor and the dragonslayer....and the monster fighting
« Last Edit: December 22, 2012, 10:26:00 AM by Agent D. » Logged

TASTY!
Tomara

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8412 on: December 22, 2012, 10:56:48 AM »

Harem anime make me sick for it.  Hot anime women throw themselves at a man who has no idea how to please them.  "I'm just an ordinary high school student" he says.  How come none of them are extraordinary people?  Or social?  Or cool?  Or anything worth anything?

I bet it's because it makes them easier to see them as a kind of avatar for the player/viewer. Which sucks, because games like Luminous Arc would have been a lot more entertaining (for me) if the heroes weren't the epitome of blandness.

Ryudo was cool.  I liked Luke from Tales of the Abyss too... I thought it was funny when he told people of all authority types to "shut up".  Yuri killed people and said "fuck mercy". Although not JRPG, I'd also do terrible things to a real life Chris Redfield...but he's too good for me.

I also prefer the ones whose heads aren't filled with rainbows and puppies. I mean, nice guys are great, but senseless idealism is just annoying. Having a sense of (dark) humour doesn't hurt either.
(Tunnels)
Professional Thinger

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8413 on: December 22, 2012, 11:23:39 AM »

Excellent term.  That said, there are still some quality feminist thinkers around that label themselves as feminist.  Unfortunately, the people who making a name for themselves are those like Zuska (of the blog Thus Spake Zuska) and Rebecca Watson and they do so by being ridiculous and being worshipped for it.

I agree with Desert Walker; I refer to myself as a feminist and follow quite a few people who I believe are very reasonable and rational.

This type of character drives me up the wall too, especially if they have a "strong sense of justice."

The dude characters I tend to like in RPGs are the sarcastic ones who are ready with a humorous quip for any situation. The standout examples I can think of are Jade from Tales of the Abyss and sarcastic Hawke from DA2. I also have a thing for older, mentor style characters like Auron or Adray from SO3.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2012, 12:17:37 PM by (Tunnels) » Logged
Ashton
Contributing Editor

Lawful Asshole

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #8414 on: December 22, 2012, 02:23:03 PM »

The problem is feminism has started to lean towards the bullshit Rebecca Watson type nonsense. Rebecca Watson as an individual actively disgusts me, as she flies first class on other peoples' dimes (something that 95% of the population will never experience in their lives), then has the gall to stand up on a stage and say how she's being oppressed.

Pages: 1 ... 559 560 [561] 562 563 ... 835 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: