Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 20, 2014, 12:12:06 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Subject: Persona 3: FES
Prize: $20 eShop, PSN or Steam code
Date: 3rd October 2014 Time: 16:00 EST
331732 Posts in 13581 Topics by 2191 Members
Latest Member: Zaltys
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  What's the haps?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 560 561 [562] 563 564 ... 886 Print
Author Topic: What's the haps?  (Read 689647 times)
Desert Walker

dimitri_rozokov@hotmail.com bladegolem
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8415 on: December 22, 2012, 02:35:47 PM »

The problem is feminism has started to lean towards the bullshit Rebecca Watson type nonsense. Rebecca Watson as an individual actively disgusts me, as she flies first class on other peoples' dimes (something that 95% of the population will never experience in their lives), then has the gall to stand up on a stage and say how she's being oppressed.

I agree with being disgusted by her (hell, she gets herself and anyone at the bar drunk with other peoples' dimes, too), in particular since the whole Elevatorgate mess happened and she used that rather cynically to further her fame, but I will say that in the fallout I met plenty of reasonable feminists who actively argued against her. (Sadly, many of them were forced to post all of their arguments at the ERV blog, lest they be deleted from the blogs they had originally commented on, or worse, edited into straw men.)

EDIT:  On a lighter note, this analysis of RPG trends over ten years is pretty awesome.  I wish he would have released more of the raw data, though, in particular a list of game names by genre and area of release or something along those lines.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2012, 08:52:24 PM by Desert Walker » Logged
MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8416 on: December 22, 2012, 11:59:21 PM »

1. I am sleep deprived and slightly delusional because of it.

2. I feel that there is an elemental of nihilism in consumerism, at least for my own personal consumerist trends. I am, for instance, thinking of buying a new laptop (because my current one really is not functioning right on a /mechanical/ level anymore and I don't think it can be repaired). I would like to get a laptop that can run Crusader Kings 2. I don't think I will really play CK2 that much, partially because of time, partially because I don't have much of an attention span, and partially because I have no inclination to move my desktop (which runs XP and is very useful for legacy stuff that doesn't work on 64 bit OSes) elsewhere, meaning I don't really have anywhere I could use the laptop anyway.

I like getting gifts for people, because I can afford to now and that... it really feels good to give. But I feel inclined to buy stuff now partially because I have a good income base, and partially because I... really wonder what I'm doing. I'm 25. What's the difference between 25 and 15? I live in my own apartment but my hobbies haven't changed much, and I still spend eight hours a day doing very menial things -- only now I'm getting paid for it in money instead of more abstract things like knowledge and experiences.

4. wrt RPGamer list, JRPGs are not a subgenre. The JRPG is a /school of thought/ that encompasses certain game design styles and tropes. You can have JRPGs that are action RPGs or dungeon crawlers or open-world games, much like you can have WRPGs that are action RPGs or dungeon crawlers or open-world games.

5. Every time I think "I miss my dogs", in reference to the two that died this fall, I stop myself and remind myself that I don't and stating that I DO miss them is a conditioned response that I am expected to have, but not something that I am feeling.

6. Some pithy but irrelevant comment on Gravity's RainbWHAT FUCKING DAY IS IT

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

Alisha

Z0eila@hotmail.com Z0eila
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8417 on: December 23, 2012, 12:23:22 AM »

for me the oppression comes from the media. not my daily life. or maybe i should say it comes from marketing departments that advise the media.

“Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from.”
MeshGearFox

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8418 on: December 23, 2012, 12:30:54 AM »

Ahahaha oh shit.

Gamersgate accidentally sold a ~95 dollar bundle of Bethesda games for 28 dollars. Apparently the flood of people trying to buy it is what knocked GG offline last night.

o/` I do not dream o/`

Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #8419 on: December 23, 2012, 12:54:30 AM »

My modern-day "high school crush" came into the store today.  He said my new hair do was nice...  My face turned red and I blushed like I did when I saw Andrew Lazynsky in the hallway back in Grade 10.

His girlfriend is a triple threat though: She's pretty, she's nice, and she plays games like he does.  I doubt I can win.  But if I can... I will have gained the charisma only possessed by Hollywood celebrities.

In other news: Work sucked dick.  I'm worried that just talking loudly over people will make me sound like a nasty ass old lunch lady, like the one from The Simpsons.

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
MeshGearFox

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8420 on: December 23, 2012, 01:55:02 AM »

Apparently armadillos are taking over the entire world because they just fucking HAPPEN.

o/` I do not dream o/`

(Tunnels)
Professional Thinger

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8421 on: December 23, 2012, 07:28:02 AM »

Just spent the past 8 days with my bf over at his place. Me and him made sure to take our vacations the same week. Heading back home today and feeling bittersweet about it. Also had the weirdest fucking nightmare that was a mixture of that anime Chihayafuru and Corpse Party.
Annubis

Something something like a tiger

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8422 on: December 23, 2012, 08:42:43 AM »

Ahahaha oh shit.

Gamersgate accidentally sold a ~95 dollar bundle of Bethesda games for 28 dollars. Apparently the flood of people trying to buy it is what knocked GG offline last night.

I heard Gamersgate will uphold all the sales. They just ask some people to wait till January so they can get some more keys.
Pretty sweet of them unlike Amazon that just goes NOPE then cancels your shit.
Desert Walker

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8423 on: December 23, 2012, 08:53:09 AM »

I've found Amazon to be hit or miss in regards to that.  Sometimes they'll cancel and sometimes they'll let me have it.  I'm guessing that it depends on how many people discover it before they get it fixed.  I've picked up $22 books for $2, a $90 set of Beethoven's piano sonatas for $15 and the God of War Saga for $15 last time.
Dincrest
A-class rider (in training)
RPGFan Editor

I smile when I climb

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8424 on: December 23, 2012, 09:09:50 AM »

Apparently armadillos are taking over the entire world because they just fucking HAPPEN.

I read somewhere, or saw on Animal Planet, that a pregnant female armadillo can manipulate her body to actually postpone giving birth for up to 3 years.  Tell me that's not a wild superpower?

Next bike-a-thon: PD500 Rock 'n Roll ride (to benefit Parkinson's Disease) October 5, 2014
Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #8425 on: December 23, 2012, 11:42:53 AM »

Also had the weirdest fucking nightmare that was a mixture of that anime Chihayafuru and Corpse Party.

That sounds weirdly awesome.

Tomara

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8426 on: December 23, 2012, 04:17:11 PM »

I've found Amazon to be hit or miss in regards to that.  Sometimes they'll cancel and sometimes they'll let me have it.  I'm guessing that it depends on how many people discover it before they get it fixed.  I've picked up $22 books for $2, a $90 set of Beethoven's piano sonatas for $15 and the God of War Saga for $15 last time.

I wonder what Wehkamp will do... I just ordered deluxe Harry Potter complete blu-ray boxset for €5,39 (normally €199). I'm pretty sure someone made a huge mistake, because the store is selling lots of boxsets for the same price, but who knows, they might let me have it at a 97% discount.
MeshGearFox

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8427 on: December 23, 2012, 10:06:40 PM »

1. Got a new laptop. Unfortunately the Windows install is fucked up and isntead of having a system restore image it appears to have a system restore /partition/ that I can't access.

2. Got a copy of Carnage Heart for the PSX. REALLY wanna play that some, although I've heard it doesn't emulate at all so I'll need to find my PS1 memory card and see if I can get my PS2 to read CDs again.

3. Found a pack of Paradox games for 10 dollars on amazon. It include Crusader Kings 2, which should, ideally, run on my new laptop once I get it working. also Greenmangaming had The Last Remnant for 2.50. Considering I am a huge SaGafag...

4. Went to the Columbus Zoo with my parents today. They had fucking manuls THEY WERE ADORABLE AS HELL OH MY GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2012, 10:08:25 PM by MeshGearFox » Logged

o/` I do not dream o/`

Bytor
Ego Enhancement Consultant

Hiding in Inaba

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8428 on: December 23, 2012, 11:38:06 PM »

So...just found out I have to work tomorrow as my boss is taking the day off...seems his boss is working and isn't too happy or so the rumor goes....either way...having some soba noodles with light soy, chopped hot peppers and chicken and drinking a Snake Dog IPA, so...whatever, lol

Everything's Eventual
Desert Walker

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8429 on: December 23, 2012, 11:44:02 PM »

During the family Christmas gathering my dear uncle was arguing that I need to get out more, have kids soon, etc. (not probable in my current medical condition/career situation).  Somehow he managed to time his comment on the subject that I need to 'get out and work [my] penis' exactly when every fucking female at the gathering was in the room.  That man has a gift.  T'was just a bit awkward.

Also, if anyone wants to try to top this story, go ahead.  I'm sure someone has something better and it will certainly improve my mood.
Pages: 1 ... 560 561 [562] 563 564 ... 886 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: