Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 24, 2014, 07:56:10 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Persona 3 FES Quiz is now OVER!
Winner was user: Monsoon!
334782 Posts in 13711 Topics by 2200 Members
Latest Member: Rgeneb1
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  What's the haps?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 570 571 [572] 573 574 ... 899 Print
Author Topic: What's the haps?  (Read 715082 times)
Yoda
Son of Dad

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8565 on: January 29, 2013, 02:14:28 PM »

How many shifts before Klyde is cracked and they have him coming in on off days because his manager Todd said so?
John
Administrator

DeceptiJohn
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #8566 on: January 29, 2013, 02:17:36 PM »

Klyde, it's good to know that you have positive thoughts about working at a GameStop.  As someone who worked at one for four years through college, I have to tell you, though, that your experience will be more like this:

Shelve and alphabetize games constantly that soccer moms and kids with fudge-covered hands have stuck in bizarre places, listen to the same three teenagers talk about Call of Duty because they won't leave the shop, have people yell at you because you're only giving them 50 cents for their precious copy of Madden NFL 2007 for the PlayStation 2, and have people legitimately threaten you with violence over GameStop policies that you have no control over.

THROW PICKLE IN BURGER TO SPEED UP COMMERCIAL
Starmongoose
Contributing Editor

Vicious Feminist

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8567 on: January 29, 2013, 02:27:34 PM »

BUT OTHER THAN THAT HAVE FUN.

SAVE THE PENGUIN!

Here to suck the fun out of games.
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #8568 on: January 29, 2013, 03:16:55 PM »

I'm considering on my free time to go into the Mall I work at to leave a sign on the back of every bathroom stall door that reads:

- PLEASE FLUSH WIPE ALL OF YOUR BODILY FLUIDS WHEN FINISHED (especially off toilet seat)
- PLEASE FLUSH UNTIL THE TOILET BOWL IS CLEAR (of poopy especialy)
- PLEASE COVER AND PUT ALL FEMININE 'NAPKINS' IN THE PROPER RECEPTICAL

Numbs my mind how basic etiquette is lost.

Anyways, yeah.  Speaking of that, I hate -- in Gamestop -- when people leave their fucking food on the shelf.  There are two garbages ten steps to the left AND right of our store and we have an IN STORE garbage people just don't feel like asking about.  Fuck people, I hope for a plague that takes the dirty people of the world if these basic things can't be done by a person.

/rant
#diceisawesome

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
GrimReality
Dark Lord of Nostalgia

OK, options aren't SO bad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8569 on: January 29, 2013, 03:35:01 PM »

I worked for Babbages (now Gamestop) for 6 years or so when in my teens/early twenties. I, too, thought it would be a dream job for a gamer. Some of it was. 25% discount off games. 10% discount off systems. We got to take games home and try them out, then bring them back the next day and shrink wrap them up as if good as new.
I'm lucky because the whole group of us who worked there were friends, so it made it fun.
You also have all the stuff as  described above. Those damn customers ruin it for everyone.

Playing: TWD Season 2, Alan Wake
Reading: Mistborn #2 by Brandon Sanderson
Blace

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #8570 on: January 29, 2013, 03:48:28 PM »

I don't work in Gamestop, but I work somewhere similar (movie and music section at my local library for 4 years now) and everything above pretty much happens there too. Constantly having to alphabetize the movies is the worst just because someone will pick one up and then decide they don't want it later and throw it in a completely different letter. Having to organize the shelves is annoying too because little kids will walk through and think they know exactly how things are supposed to be shelved when in fact they are doing what we hate. Patrons sticking around forever looking at movies also happens and I hate it. Either check something out or gtfo. I don't care if you hate The Hunger Games because it makes teen violence look ok or that Inception was awful because you don't understand it. I hate giving my opinion on movies sometimes so most of the time when people ask me I hesitate until they have told me what they thought just so I can agree with them and move on to the next person instead of arguing with them. I will only have those conversations with people who actually have solid opinions on film.

Klyde Chroma
Lvl. 7 Fruity Ninja and Dincrest groupie

If Hitler was an introvert, he'd be me.

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #8571 on: January 29, 2013, 03:54:09 PM »

I have never seen someone look forward to working in gamestop before. :P

My life has slowly been ruined just knowing the type of people that live out there and come into the store... . S:

PROTIP: TELL THEM YOU'RE GOOD AT UPSELLING.  THERE YA GO.

Thanks for the advice Dice ol' girl! I'll say it with immeasurable self-assurance!!..... even if I don't know what upselling means...

Klyde, it's good to know that you have positive thoughts about working at a GameStop.  As someone who worked at one for four years through college, I have to tell you, though, that your experience will be more like this:

Shelve and alphabetize games constantly that soccer moms and kids with fudge-covered hands have stuck in bizarre places, listen to the same three teenagers talk about Call of Duty because they won't leave the shop, have people yell at you because you're only giving them 50 cents for their precious copy of Madden NFL 2007 for the PlayStation 2, and have people legitimately threaten you with violence over GameStop policies that you have no control over.

True story..... I once had an elderly gentlemen throw a fit (borderline violent) and scream at me because when he called I told him there was a 10 inch black dildo but upon arrival he could only find a 6 inch and 8.... ironically after he left I double checked and sure enough both the 10 and 12 inch were right on the shelf....

I also fancied myself a treasure hunter for many years and did flea-marketeering.... ( i literally told people I was a treasure hunter, stolen of course from locke.....lol).... made a killing as a result of dumpster diving, yard sales and estate sales... but the customers at flea markets are brutal... at least people who come into stores have  the notion that some standard of conduct exists... all bets are off at flea markets...

As for organizing games.... i actually have a ridiculous good time putting things in order.... its strange... scratches that obsessive compulsive itch for me and passes time quickly....

But I imagine, like anything else, it will grow old.... like I said, its just for fun.... tattooing is what I do.... this is just for the hell of it... the second its not fun for me any more, I'm done-LoL
« Last Edit: January 29, 2013, 03:55:43 PM by Klyde Chroma » Logged

Klyde Chroma / XBox Live Network
Triscal-Goddess / PSN
 Remember, DON'T do drugs... an owl will tear your face off.
Yoda
Son of Dad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8572 on: January 29, 2013, 05:04:02 PM »

I always knew somehow that you worked in a sex shoppe
Desert Walker

dimitri_rozokov@hotmail.com bladegolem
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8573 on: January 29, 2013, 07:21:01 PM »

Escape From New York is on TV.

And yeah, the website where those Twilight reading blogs are located is shit, but the writing he does is pretty good.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2013, 08:18:30 PM by Desert Walker » Logged
MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8574 on: January 29, 2013, 07:46:36 PM »

Wait, gamestop sells dildos..?
« Last Edit: January 29, 2013, 07:50:09 PM by MeshGearFox » Logged

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

Bytor
Ego Enhancement Consultant

Hiding in Inaba

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8575 on: January 29, 2013, 07:59:49 PM »

I see what you guys mean about GS but I have to admit I go there sometimes just to chat about games, local mgr here is awesome just to talk to, and it is seriously funny when he and I get on a RPG conversation when all of the COD fanboys are in the store too, the look of confusion on their face is fantastic, lol (guess I am being an elitists though huh). Klyde, just think, maybe you can have a "me" at your store too, lol

Everything's Eventual
MeshGearFox

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8576 on: January 29, 2013, 11:08:45 PM »

The staff at the Play It in Clintonville is like, super-friendly. Downside is that their prices can be a bit high but eh, they get neat stuff. The owners of all the locally-owned game stores are pretty friendly with eachother. It's nice. I don't THINK Play It exists outside of central ohio. Same for VGMX.

I think all the Replays have pulled out of town. Well, there's one in Dublin that's like way on the outskirts, by Kroger.

WISH I'd picked up a copy of Jade Cocoon from the mall Replay before they went out of business in July.

o/` I do not dream o/`

Yoda
Son of Dad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8577 on: January 29, 2013, 11:10:52 PM »

I know I posted this before but...

KLYDE HAVE YOU EVER GIVEN ANY BUTTHOLE TATTOOS?

NSFW

http://gawker.com/5934400/butthole-tattoos-are-the-next-big-thing-[nsfw]
MeshGearFox

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8578 on: January 30, 2013, 10:53:28 AM »

WFH because some storm came through at 7:20ish and fucked up the bus lines somehow.

Briefly watched a SimCity developer Q&A. The game looks incredibly promising actually, I'm retracting my previous statements about it being Farmville, since it's apparently just EA's marketing department that's stupid.

o/` I do not dream o/`

Klyde Chroma
Lvl. 7 Fruity Ninja and Dincrest groupie

If Hitler was an introvert, he'd be me.

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #8579 on: January 30, 2013, 11:13:50 AM »

I know I posted this before but...

KLYDE HAVE YOU EVER GIVEN ANY BUTTHOLE TATTOOS?

NSFW

http://gawker.com/5934400/butthole-tattoos-are-the-next-big-thing-[nsfw]

........... no...... just no.... and I can assure you, butthole tattoos are most certainly NOT the next big thing....LoL.... but seriously, that girl getting tattooed in the video pisses me off.... people like that keep the reputation of those sporting ink in the gutter.... loud, obnoxious and vulgar does not go hand in hand with being tattooed... though some would certainly lead you to believe otherwise

I see what you guys mean about GS but I have to admit I go there sometimes just to chat about games, local mgr here is awesome just to talk to, and it is seriously funny when he and I get on a RPG conversation when all of the COD fanboys are in the store too, the look of confusion on their face is fantastic, lol (guess I am being an elitists though huh). Klyde, just think, maybe you can have a "me" at your store too, lol

bytor my man, I could only hope there is a you or two around....  COD discussion is gonna be rough.... i hope they don't ask me COD questions in the interview tonite.... i'll be screwed-LoL

Klyde Chroma / XBox Live Network
Triscal-Goddess / PSN
 Remember, DON'T do drugs... an owl will tear your face off.
Pages: 1 ... 570 571 [572] 573 574 ... 899 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: