Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 02, 2014, 02:53:46 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
328023 Posts in 13432 Topics by 2169 Members
Latest Member: KopeAcetic
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  What's the haps?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 573 574 [575] 576 577 ... 871 Print
Author Topic: What's the haps?  (Read 648346 times)
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8610 on: February 03, 2013, 04:12:07 PM »

I actually think her leaving will be a blessing, as it gives me time to maybe build up that critical self esteem I lack, or maybe moreso discern if it's something real or just infatuation. I mean, I spent all of last night just pondering about earlier that evening...but a friend of mine did clarify that I really don't know much about her, outside of that she's amazingly pretty and gets along well with my sister. Besides that, she's spending the day with her family and then leaving tonight or tomorrow morning, so any oppertunity to speak to her is officially out the window anyways.

TASTY!
Klyde Chroma
Pool of Thorns Groupie

If Hitler was an introvert, he'd be me.

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #8611 on: February 03, 2013, 04:49:11 PM »

I actually think her leaving will be a blessing, as it gives me time to maybe build up that critical self esteem I lack, or maybe moreso discern if it's something real or just infatuation. I mean, I spent all of last night just pondering about earlier that evening...but a friend of mine did clarify that I really don't know much about her, outside of that she's amazingly pretty and gets along well with my sister. Besides that, she's spending the day with her family and then leaving tonight or tomorrow morning, so any oppertunity to speak to her is officially out the window anyways.

Probably all for the best then I suppose.... I just know I can't wait when it comes to such matters... I would need to express myself in that situation to return my focus to other things in life.... but once again, I wouldn't deem my advice wise... I've just never been the type to sit and idle when it comes to stuff like that.... Hesitation and lack of action has cost me too many cool opportunities especially when it comes to females and relationships...

Klyde Chroma / XBox Live Network
Triscal-Goddess / PSN
 Remember, DON'T do drugs... an owl will tear your face off.
Desert Walker

dimitri_rozokov@hotmail.com bladegolem
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8612 on: February 03, 2013, 06:22:50 PM »

I'm beta reading the first few chapters of a friend's novel and at her request am being quite thorough with style editing.  Fine with me given that I'm pretty a damn good prose stylist--my posts here generally look like shit because they're usually first drafts, I promise--but that particular style of editing can be difficult because it requires you to think of how to restructure and rewrite sentences and make suggestions on that, not just note grammatical errors and such.  That the editor she has hired has instructed her to give the first few chapters to eight beta readers, cut down to four to send the middle stuff, and then cut down to two to send the end stuff to does not help matters because I have a competitive streak and thus become all the more hell-bent on doing it right.

In short, my brain is fucking fried and I need to find something else to do so I can go back and knock out the third and final chapter later this evening.  (For reference, the section I've edited is 40 pages in Word, size 12 font, standard margins...and 43 pages long with my edits included.)
Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #8613 on: February 03, 2013, 07:25:01 PM »

Just realized it's been over a month since I fixed my PS3's YLOD and it's still going strong.  Fuck yeah.

Klyde Chroma
Pool of Thorns Groupie

If Hitler was an introvert, he'd be me.

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #8614 on: February 03, 2013, 07:35:11 PM »

Just realized it's been over a month since I fixed my PS3's YLOD and it's still going strong.  Fuck yeah.

that actually is quite the feat.... congrats

Klyde Chroma / XBox Live Network
Triscal-Goddess / PSN
 Remember, DON'T do drugs... an owl will tear your face off.
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8615 on: February 03, 2013, 07:50:11 PM »

If it can last til the end of the year, you're golden. Sony's gonna announce the future of playstation on the 20th, and if it is a new system, it SHOULD be out end of this year.

TASTY!
Yoda
Sexton Hardcastle

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8616 on: February 03, 2013, 11:24:22 PM »

There is the one issue of her leaving for military basic training today or tomorrow, forget which. She probably won't be back here til.....fuck I dunno when. My sister's not even remotely disconcerted by the idea of me trying to hook up with her (mostly because she knows that I'm a chickenshit who won't work the nerve up). I think she'd be happy with the idea because she knows I'm far less stupid and more caring and considerate then most of the guys they know.

I haven't been this distracted by a lady since I was in grade school...I forgot how much this feeling sucks. But damn she's beautiful.

If your goal by "hooking up" is a quick lay then go for it.

If you think trying to start a relationship before she ships off is a good idea smarten up a bit. Not only are long distance relationships a waste of time she's going through a big life change and springing something like this on her would probably only frustrate her or make her uncomfortable.

Dating someone that's involved with someone else you know by way of being a friend or such is a bad idea and has NEVER worked out in the long run in my book. In many cases I've lost the mutual friend and the girl.

Every situation is different and I'm probably after the fact here but I wouldn't make the move, just yet. Wait until she comes back. If you did start dating her right before she left you'd probably just be worried about what was going on in camp for all that time.
MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8617 on: February 04, 2013, 12:25:06 AM »

Never dated anyone in my life.

Have a shitload of money.

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8618 on: February 04, 2013, 12:29:14 AM »

It's all for dicks now anyway, she leaves in the morning. I would have been king douche if I said anything before she left, you're right yodes. I think my best bet is to just wait for her to come back. Gives me time to clean up my act if you would.

Speaking of acts, been back at the gym since my ailment has run its course. Busting my ass harder than ever, more exercises, more weight, less rest between, more cardio (biking 4 before and after my workouts)...next obstacle is changing my diet. Having been a fatass most of my life, that's gonna be hard.

TASTY!
MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8619 on: February 04, 2013, 02:23:07 AM »

Courtney proc ergo hocter hoc.

btw has anyone ever considered analyzing the brony fandom in the context of Ahamkara from Vedic philosophy?

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

Desert Walker

dimitri_rozokov@hotmail.com bladegolem
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8620 on: February 04, 2013, 02:44:56 AM »

I took a nap and woke up to finish the beta reading task in the middle of a Walking Dead marathon.  Life is good.
Starmongoose
Contributing Editor

Vicious Feminist

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8621 on: February 04, 2013, 07:33:23 AM »

Courtney proc ergo hocter hoc.

btw has anyone ever considered analyzing the brony fandom in the context of Ahamkara from Vedic philosophy?

All the damn time.

SAVE THE PENGUIN!

Here to suck the fun out of games.
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #8622 on: February 04, 2013, 07:37:33 AM »

It's all for dicks now anyway, she leaves in the morning. I would have been king douche if I said anything before she left, you're right yodes. I think my best bet is to just wait for her to come back. Gives me time to clean up my act if you would.

Speaking of acts, been back at the gym since my ailment has run its course. Busting my ass harder than ever, more exercises, more weight, less rest between, more cardio (biking 4 before and after my workouts)...next obstacle is changing my diet. Having been a fatass most of my life, that's gonna be hard.

I really hope you and her work out somewhere down the line -- the inner girlie in me always finds it sweet when a fella is crushin'.

I'm getting better too! Yay!!  Love being sick all weekend. =/
Time to study for a midterm in two days! T_T  Can it be done? 

http://society6.com/Dice963
Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Mickeymac92

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8623 on: February 04, 2013, 09:53:11 AM »

So I've just been informed that on the other website I frequent, I've made 14,269 forum posts and 4444 front-page comments....in a little over 3 years. I've seen people be on sites for almost 10 years with lower post counts than that. Please note, that the site in question is a Nintendo website, and I stopped caring about Nintendo 3 years ago. G-d knows how much I would've posted if more people talked about games I genuinely cared about. Really, if it weren't for their surprisingly good anime community, I probably would've left there long ago...and that's looking more tempting than ever.

http://myanimelist.net/profile/mickeymac92

“MY NAME IS POKEY THE PENGUIN I LOVE CHESS!! IT IS LIKE BALLET ONLY WITH MORE EXPLOSIONS!”
GrimReality
Dark Lord of Nostalgia

OK, options aren't SO bad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8624 on: February 04, 2013, 10:43:58 AM »

Only two days of work this week! I'm off Wed and Thur to get some stuff done around the house. I'm off Fridays until April for my Master Gardener classes.
We finally got a little bit of snow. It only took 2 months to get here. Still, 4" total for the Winter so far is PATHETIC. Two weird Winters in a row.

My wife showed this site to me the other day. I'll assume plenty of you folks have seen it before. I would totally try some of these:
http://www.thedrunkenmoogle.com/titles
« Last Edit: February 04, 2013, 10:50:18 AM by GrimReality » Logged

Playing:
Reading: Mistborn by Brandon Sanderson
Pages: 1 ... 573 574 [575] 576 577 ... 871 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: